Paperpile Reviews & Product Details

IP
What do you like best?

We have just started a project to stress this software to see if it can become a mainstay of our research collection. Early on I find it has a nice mix of old comforts in research and new powerful technology tools that can be very useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think so far I find its somewhat challenging for users to grasp how to collect, contain and use the software but I believe this could be eased with some organizational user tips early on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have needed to find a modern solution for aging data and research and this could be the answer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Paperpile Overview

What is Paperpile?

No-fuss reference management for the web. Sync your PDFs to Google Drive and cite your papers in Google Docs.

Paperpile Details

Paperpile
2012
Cambridge, MA
@paperpile

Paperpile Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Paperpile community
Have you used Paperpile before?

Paperpile Reviews

Showing 16 Paperpile reviews
Already have Paperpile?
Student Researcher
What do you like best?

I love that our team is able to collaborate on citations in real-time when writing a paper in Google Docs!

It's also incredibly user-friendly and easy to train team members in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes encounter resistance when proposing to use Paperpile because it's not as well-known as other citation managers like Endnote or Mendeley- but not a fault of the product itself! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Paperpile saves one person on the team from having to gather and format all the citations when we're collaborating on a paper. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cardiovascular Critical Care Unit Physician
What do you like best?

It works really well integrated with the internet browser to incorporate articles from the databases (PubMed, Google Academic, etc). Its interface is friendly and has all the options to catalog and recover the material quickly. Its integration with Google Docs allows you to easily insert appointments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to find a negative point ... maybe when synchronizing with the PC or downloading the base of articles is somewhat slow Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have used this tool for a while for the development of my research (I am a doctor) and it has been extremely useful for me to comply with all the stages of the process. From the search for papers, their categorization and subsequent inclusion in the text, they meet expectations! It has integration with the internet browser to easily include an article in the library. It has an excellent search engine and the ability to incorporate the full text in addition to the appointment and add multiple labels. You have the possibility to insert appointments directly in Google Drive in various formats (such as APA, Vancouver, etc.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

I use Paperpile to manage my citations and scientific papers for many different projects. It's a wonderful tool that helps keep my citations organized and formatted when writing papers. I especially like that it integrates with Google Docs to be accessible whenever I need to work, not just at my office computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It took some time to get used to the formatting settings, and I would rather buy software once rather than pay for a subscription. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are still using endnote, I recommend switching to Paperpile, for ease of integration with Google Docs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are collaborating to write papers and coordinate scientific projects. Paperpile helps us keep our citations organized and keep the team on the same page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Publicity Chair
What do you like best?

The ability to merge files from various databases into one folder; makes research very easy! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can't upload .docx files, and this program only supports a couple file types. More versatility would be great. Also, if you could import files from Google Drive instead of just syncing the program to your Drive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you convert files to PDF because you can't upload .docx files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Allowing everyone to collaborate on research and share new ideas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

student
What do you like best?

I like that it integrates well with google drive because I use that a lot. It's also so easy to use! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

it requires a google account and doesn't work with other places other than chrome, which I mainly use, so I dont run in to this problem, but I know there are other people that this might affect Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

it helps me organize all my articles in 1 place so that I don't get overwhelmed and am able to access them when I need to. It is also easy to share articles and files with the other research assistants in my lab Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I have tried literally every citation manager there is for macOS. And managing hundreds of papers and citing in the right style has always been time-consuming and never really worked well until I found Paperpile.

It just does the things you expect from a citation manager and does them really well. It works fast, stable and without bells and whistles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The downside of using Paperpile is that there is no longer any excuse for procrastinating work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since you always work in the cloud on Google Drive you can work anywhere and don't have to worry about backups or saving. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It just works. I've tried many citation managers, including RefWorks and Mendeley. This one just grabs the right information, formats it correctly and inserts it on the fly, Managing your bibliography and your references has never been easier - a breeze. The nice thing about it, no need to install some clunky software on your computer, just open your browser - or soon iOS, Android app to organize and annotate your research on any device. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't even miss the Word integration. I've even started using Google Docs to be able make the most of Paperpile. I may eventually download the doc to format it in word. But most likely i might just stay in Google Docs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

just try it - you will be amazed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Citation or Reference Management made extremely easy and fun. It's working so much better than any of the other Citation Managers. Just try it and you will see. Not working for the company by the way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR Coordinator
What do you like best?

I like that all of my files are in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think that getting started is a little confusing. I think that it would help if there were an easy to follow, step-by-step tutorial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I just think it works well to have everything in one location, easy to find, and backed up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

It was helpful to have a place to store all of our PDF'S as a staff, everyone can access it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The uploading of our PDF's took a bit of time. But it was definitely worth it. You just need the time to make it happen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Some staff would have access to important documents on their computers, while other staff didn't have access but needed the files. Now everyone can share and access our files within our staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

It is awesome and very easy to use. Very user friendly. You can teach any employee how to use in a very short amount of time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I honestly like everything about Paperpile. I have nothing negative to say about it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Awesome! Get it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy access to documents. Cannot lose papers or documents like we did in the past. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I love being able to use PP to organize research papers for my classroom. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I honestly haven't found anything I dislike except for the fact I have to use Google chrome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I like having all my research in one place! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Paperpile software is a useful extension that helps to manage references. You can collect article references easily and download PDFs simply. Great for research Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes yet for using paperpile software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Research efficiency Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Graduate Research Assistant
Higher Education
What do you like best?

I love Paperpile. Before paperpile, I use EndNote for my PC. However, my EndNote is not compatible with my Mac so I have to buy a new version. My friend told me about Paperpile, and I love it. One of the best feature is that I can change my citation style to any style I want. And the software will update entire file to the new citation style for me. That is a wonderful feature. Additionally, another plus is that Paperpile is compatible for both Mac and PC, and it compatible for Google Drive as well. Lastly, I can embedd my reference simply by looking for the title. This feature is much better than Endnote, where I have to download the file and embedd them into my paper. Sometime, if I have 200 references, the amount of files I am downloading can be overwhemming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I love paperpile. They are very easy to use. Sorry, can't help you there!

Althought, if you can make it run faster, that would be great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use paperpile to manage my references Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Teacher of English
Education Management
What do you like best?

Paperpile is smart technology at its finest -- 100% user-friendly and very intuitive. I've tried several citation managing applications (zotero, endnote, mendeley) and Paperpile rises to the top of the stack. I love that it is cloud based and stores all of my papers as PDFs and lets me add citations as I write. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish that I had found Paperpile sooner! No yearly fee would make me happier. :o) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Paperpile is one of those inventions that makes your life so much easier. Clean layout and no data loss worries! Whether you are working on your PhD, writing for publication or teaching students to write publishable academic papers (esp collaborative ones), Paperpile is a magic bullet. Works well with google scholar and google docs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UU
What do you like best?

Allows you to save important files and data into your google drive. Highly useful during project times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

inability to access few files which are locked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Use it highly during projects for research purpose and allows you to store files in your google drive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administrative Assistant
Education Management
What do you like best?

I liked that I could use Paperpile on any device (Mac, Chrome, or Windows HP) which was very helpful and convenient when using different computers at work, school, and home. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Paperpile would malfunction, and not work. I think is just a glitch or bug in the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Paperpile is great for students or employees who have jobs in writing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Paperpile became a must have necessity by allowing me to keep track of the research for my college papers. One of my favorite features is that it cites as I am writing. BIG PLUS!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.