Paintshop Pro

4.0

Faster, more flexible image-editing software, featuring new creative tools, more precise editing and easy quick fixes for your best photos and designs.

Work for Paintshop Pro?

Learning about Paintshop Pro?

Paintshop Pro Reviews

Showing 84 Paintshop Pro reviews
Paintshop Pro review by User in Internet
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Paintshop Pro
Paintshop Pro review by Aleksandar D.
Aleksandar D.

"Paintshop Pro 2019"

What do you like best?

In one, low cost photo editing tool, Corel was implemented practically all their photo-editing knowledge. Photo editing, basic+ raw editing and very good catalog options...

What do you dislike?

No CMYK support is big disadvantage of PSP, and that is the main problem with this excellent software. All editing has to be done in RGB. Archive files has to be in RGB, and only CMYK function in PSP is export to CMYK TIFF.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work for digital media, or you are photographer, Paintshop Pro 2019 iy excellent program. With new PicToPainting and ParticleShop plugins this software make you photo dreams come true... You will suffer only if you have to edit CMYK images. This program cannot do that.

Paintshop Pro 2019 is nice photo editing and photo manipulating software from Corel. When I work web graphics, or editing in RGB for digital media, PSP 2019 save my time. It is versatile photo tool, with premium quality.

What Photo Editing solution do you use?

Paintshop Pro review by Christopher M.
Christopher M.

"One of the few image editing programs I trust."

What do you like best?

Paintshop Pro gives me the tools I need to create vibrant images and allow me to store them in more file formats than I've ever seen offered in other software.

What do you dislike?

I feel like it's going to waste, because there are several more functions available in the program, that I'll likely never use them all. It's saddening, really. Perhaps there should have been a "lite" version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Where to begin? As with any other software, there WILL be a learning curve when you first start using it. However, the curve isn't steep. There are many useful functions, however, I recommend turning off the splash screen, setting thumbnail size to no larger that 96 for file browsing, and last, I very highly recommend setting Paintshop Pro to be your default image editor for ALL the available image file types, with the exception of "GIF", which should remain deselected, so that Animation Shop (Paintshop's companion program) can handle those types.

Paintshop Pro lets me create the images I need for website design, document illustration, clipart based letterheads, and small animations to go into software I write. What I've been able to accomplish with it over the years, has saved me the cost of it's original purchase, many times over.

Paintshop Pro review by Denise W.
Denise W.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I learned to design graphics on Paint Shop Pro, so I find it easy to use. I know it's not the popular one for designers to use, but I really feel comfortable with it.

What do you dislike?

There aren't a lot of extras you can get to use with it like you can with Photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Search for tutorials online and follow the instructions. You'll learn a lot of tips & tricks just by going through one of those. The more you use it, the easier it becomes. Take a bit to familiarize yourself with the shortcuts and learn how to use scripts. They will both save you a lot of times and steps in the long run. A lot of people swear by Photoshop, but I learned on Paint Shop Pro and I did try Photo Shop, but I still prefer Paint Shop Pro over Photo shop.

Quickly & easily make graphics for my website and social media and adding watermarks to my photos. It works really well for that.

Paintshop Pro review by Jose P.
Jose P.

"Powerful and complete tool at an affordable price"

What do you like best?

Many options, tools and posibilities. Can compete with Photoshop installed in a Computer locally. Licenses are perpetual.. Other tools bundled increase power. Image correction, like perspective, panorama, etc can be done in the tool.

Dual help system (on-line and pdf) has been found appropriate.

What do you dislike?

Even being able to open multilayer PhotoShop files, it does not handles the layers correctly, does not shows all layers, only the active when saving the file.Help system is a Little bit complicated but, at the end, we can find the solution to our question.

Note that, even in the case that a license of use is purchased (perpetual) user name is not included in the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Training environment is a very useful tool provided by company. Video tutorials exploring capabilities are extremely useful.

Tips and tricks found in training environment are interesting.

Bearing in mind photo editing from cameras, it works with different formats and also accept RAW images from different manufacturers, also can provide lens distortion corrections and color profiles from different cameras.

Multiple graphics formats are handled, both opening and exporting.

Multilayer .psd (PhotoShop files) are not handled properly (does not consider multiple layers)

Edit, correct, crop and merge different pictures.

Recover old photos, restoring colors and créate different images.

All of these tasks are orientated to provide documents, studies and analysis to customers with a useful graphical information.

Paintshop Pro review by Michelle L.
Michelle L.

"Great software!!!"

What do you like best?

I really like the user interface. It's simple, yet effectively organizes the complex tools included in Paintshop Pro. The interface is easy to navigate, and even a beginner could learn it in a short time. I also like that all of the essentials plus the "fun" extras for creating digital art are included in the software. Very thought out.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Paintshop Pro.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paintshop Pro is an inexpensive way to edit pics and create art. The small price tag (with 30 day free trial), however comes with excellent tools and a great visual experience that definitely competes with slightly more expensive programs like Adobe Photoshop. I'll be using Paintshop Pro for some time into the future :)

I've tried a diversity of software programs as a digital artist, and Paintshop Pro is one of the best. LIke I said, the interface is fantastic. The tools are what I need to create my art. My art is evolving over time and becoming more complex. Paintshop Pro provides the complex tools that I need in an easy to use interface.

Paintshop Pro review by T. D.
T. D.

"Great Little Photo Editor"

What do you like best?

The best thing is the flexibility of use with a vast array of filters, easy gradient use, and color correction/adjustment options that are available. I also love the wide variety of file formats that one can save as and open and the fact that my files can be saved on the PC with PSP and then opened in Photoshop for extra tweaking and usage.

What do you dislike?

I have used PSP since version 5. As a freelance graphic designer, I loved the ease of use. With the last 3 upgrades, it's been a bit more challenging. I hate having to go through the manage tabs to get to my work space and the slow launch time of the software in general. I would also like to see the masking feature move a bit faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great for beginners who don't have the money to commit to Adobe Photoshop or the Creative Cloud. There are a plethora of tutorials online and they are one of the best ways to learn.

I use it mostly to create free desktop wallpaper and pre-made book covers on my PC when I need specific filters that Photoshop and my Mac won't handle. The filters I can use here are the biggest draw and really help with the creative flow.

Paintshop Pro review by James J.
James J.

"Great Overall"

What do you like best?

The simplicity and ease of use. Despite having a wide variety of features, the program is not overly complex like some other graphic editing programs. It's easy enough for a beginner to use and has most (if not all) of the features that an expert would want.

What do you dislike?

I've had some sporadic issues with images not displaying correctly while editing. This might be related to my specific computer build and how RAM and temporary files are allocated though. There have been a few times where it has crashed on me when I was doing something overly complex, but it does offer a feature that allows for recovery of recently editing files. I rarely have any issues with the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a bit different than using Adobe, but it has an easy learning curve. Way less expensive than competitor products.

I utilize Paintshop Pro for designing book covers, business cards, web graphics, and general image manipulation.

Paintshop Pro review by Megan B.
Megan B.

"Awesome and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I was able to pretty much teach myself everything there is to know about using the program in a short period of time. I've been using it for years now and though I have tried other programs, I always go back to this one.

What do you dislike?

The initial setup of arranging all the tools on the toolbar the way you like them is the only issue I have with it. You kind of get used to having certain tools in certain spots, so when you get a new computer, have to reinstall it and have to start over with it, it can be kind of annoying to get everything back to where you like it to be.

I use Paintshop Pro for the majority of the graphics on my website - the main website design, photographs of my products, etc. I edit literally everything with Paintshop Pro.

Paintshop Pro review by Raven L.
Raven L.

"A great competitor to others"

What do you like best?

I really liked the project templates on these, because sometimes it's so busy at work it's hard to commit the time to come up with my own template. Paint shop pro allows you to use pre-made templates that you can pay a little extra for, but save time with.

What do you dislike?

Their Camera Raw lab is very slow when making adjustments of the levels, hues, saturation etc. I find it lagging a lot when the picture is trying to reflect the changes - and then I keep over adjusting and under because it hasn't translated yet. Also when I upload a picture into this program it seems to change the colors a little depending on what format the file is.

As a team we have been able to use this program as an alternative to others, and it's definitely on my top list of computer editors. Has great variation of palletes, filters, templates and sticker like things to add on.

Paintshop Pro review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"A great alternative to much more expensive products."

What do you like best?

There's a huge amount of easy to use features, a great interface and much less complicated to use compared to other art packages. Once you get to grips with the features you can get great results very quickly.

What do you dislike?

Better offers for upgrading to the latest version would be nice, I don't expect to pay a large chunk just a few months after purchasing the product. You have to disable the pop ups which are advertising offers which gets very annoying after a short while.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a huge amount of features for the price, there's really no point in spending hundreds of pounds on software when Paintshop Pro does so much. When I've needed to use their support they'e always been very helpful and have sorted out problems very quickly with excellent advice.

It's quick and easy to create posters for advertising the latest promotions. Simple text addition to images makes things nice and simple and gets the point across nicely.

Paintshop Pro review by User in Design
User in Design

"Liking this so far..."

What do you like best?

I heard about this from a College Classmate who works in Photoshop. I downloaded the 30-day free trial (top that Adobe) and so far, I have to say, I really like it. Let's be honest, no one can top Adobe yet, but this is a very close competitor. Paintshops Welcome and Interface screens are clean and easy to navigate. There are also some cool templates if you are not completely inspired that day. This app get's my Raw Images cleaned up nicely, which is what I mainly use it for, but also has other cool effects for my digital art.

What do you dislike?

It will never be as slick and refined as Photoshop but it is cheaper and has the potential to give Adobe a run for their money.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel that I may switch in the future. i like this product.

Cheaper, great easy interface and the tutorials are helpful for training.

Paintshop Pro review by IRENE H.
IRENE H.

"great software."

What do you like best?

I will say that the simple aspect of using is the main thing that I like about him. As I progressed in my work, I can say that I passed the program. He has the tools to do many different things and it was very useful when I started. It is quite easy to learn and use for the basics. Excellent output options that allow users to have options on how to generate their designs from png to jpeg to gif and so on. I can insert fonts and edit them, as well as clip art to complement my design, another thing is that all the functions are in a suite, they are not separated in several applications. The support behind the software is amazing, if you have any questions, you can expect to be able to solve it with the help of support and the community.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a bit clumsy and some mistakes can occur, sometimes when saving documents it will not or will not close, so you must create a new project and copy everything you just did.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to learn on your own and for beginners for many creative projects.

It has allowed me to complete the work for print media, with high quality results.

Paintshop Pro review by Jonathan C.
Jonathan C.

"Great tool to learn how to edit your photos"

What do you like best?

The very smooth and customizable Interface allows you navigate throught the elements making easier to handled it than another softwares. You don`t have to deal with layers and gives you a good quality results. The last version that i used was the Paintshop Pro X6 that has a larger memory than past versions and is very usefull for when you work with more than one image at the same time.

What do you dislike?

It gives you a pretty decent work. But some functions are still under the quality of editors like Photoshop, that gives you a little more profesional work and allows you to be more precise in some specifics tasks. For example i rather prefer the Typography and the Work space that Photoshop has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you doesn`t have any notion about these photo editors softwares i recomends Paintshop Pro first, because in my opinion the options are easier to handled it than others softwares and gives you a faster learning curve.

Me personally had no idea to how edit images and i had a hard time finding someone that made it for me. So i did gave an oportunity to this software and the results go pretty well. Now i can edit images from projects for the university and i can make my own visuals on my music projects.

Paintshop Pro review by Murry S.
Murry S.

"Ease of use and automation make PSP a favorite"

What do you like best?

I'm a really long time user, and thus have developed muscle memory skills that speed my work with photos. I most enjoy automatic adjustments, cropping and the swift ability to enhance contrast and brightness.

"Quick Fix" is really powerful and almost always results in an ideal image. The Adjustment Wizard walks you through several enhancement steps, offering three image choices at each step. Or you may manually adjust virtually all aspects in an easy-to-use panel.

What do you dislike?

There no semiautomatic method for eliminating backgrounds or outlining people so that head/shoulder photos gain a white background that can be made transparent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easier to master than Photoshop and offers equivalent or better image manipulation power. I think PSP is ideal for non-graphically-inclined users.

As a content writer and curator, PSP delivers good quality photos to my writing, swiftly and dependably

Paintshop Pro review by Brittney N.
Brittney N.

"Affordable photo editing software for pro's and amateurs!"

What do you like best?

Great online community with lots of videos, tutorials and ways to connect with other users. Online topic/user guide that is easy to navigate and has search options to find solutions needed easier. Lots of customization options from everything to workstation color to toolbars and more.

What do you dislike?

Hard to navigate. Features are hard to find. Free downloadable content can only be used on the 32-bit format. 32-bit format doesn't work on my computer. Slow to update bugs. Hard to import new content for program such as brushes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are familiar with Photoshop or are wanting to learn how to edit photos on your own, Paintshop Pro is great and affordable with lots of easy to follow videos and tutorials! Can be frustrating to navigate at first, but does get easier with time.

Paintshop Pro is primarily used for business purposes, but is used for some personal as well. I am able to edit photos fairly easily, and the smart fix is great for abstract photos. Used for correcting color in images and logos, as well as create new logos. Great for creating marketing content that I need.

Paintshop Pro review by Andres  T.
Andres T.

"Very funcional and practical to manage your audiovisual work"

What do you like best?

The simplicity and very elegant interface, im using the X7 version, a complete control about adjust and textures. I used to work with another software, and i find very hard, with this easy way to edit, you don't have to deal with layers or unique formats.

What do you dislike?

Theres' a fact with this work, on audiovisual you need a lot of control, im not going to compair, but you can get more especific and precisely adjustment in other software, but this is just a thing of manipulation on the basics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're trying to find a software wich have a very easy and uncomplex way to use and with an awesome results, try PSP.

Id take me a really short time to get used to functionality of this tool, i recommend if you're trying to get higher lever on this kind of work, take this step and you will find very flexible.

Paintshop Pro review by Paulla F.
Paulla F.

"Great alternative to Adobe Photoshop"

What do you like best?

Having used PSP since the Jasic days, I'm familiar with the tools. I find it easier to use than Adobe Photoshop because you don't have to deal with layers, various color schemes, backgrounds, etc. Not that PSP doesn't let you do all of these things! Mainly, I use PSP to resize and save images that require certain specifications in order to be featured on a customer's website. Another plus... for one of my client's websites, I HAVE to save my images with PSP. Even if I created/modified them using Photoshop! Something in the way Photoshop saves .jpg files... this client's website does't read them correctly!

What do you dislike?

These days, it's easier for me to resize images using Photoshop. PSP also has a much smaller work area within the program than Photoshop does. Many of the functions are fortunately similar - but PSP makes it more difficult to do more detailed tasks. And unlike Photoshop, my version of PSP doesn't have the toolbar readily available when i open the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use, quick to access, ability to move around without having to go through "hoops" (such as backgrounds, levels, etc). Miss having a quick reference toolbar in PSP though like I have with Photoshop.

Part of my job requires me to submit images for various customer websites. Each of these customers has a different set of requirements for these images. Using both Photoshop and PSP, I am able to resize the images, create required backgrounds, expand the canvas, and change the .dpi to each customer's specifications. The greatest benefit of PSP for me is that however it saves the images - one of my customer's website's recognizes the coding. In fact, I HAVE to save this customer's images using PSP because their website doesn't recognize the coding when I save images on Photoshop!

Paintshop Pro review by User

"This is a great photo editing software for beginners"

What do you like best?

Sizable and varied library of brushes, picture tubes, textures, color palettes and gradients.

Appropriate for both experts and novices

What do you dislike?

No macOS version

Current version isn’t a compelling upgrade from previous releases

Corel PaintShop Pro (PSP) has long been a less expensive alternative to Photoshop. Unlike the high-end Photoshop, the PSP software provides the power, tools and friendly user base to serve a wide market, from professional and amateur photographers and artists to business users. The new version, PaintShop Pro 2019, continues to be a great value for this user-friendly, yet powerful program. But its new creative tools, incremental improvements, expanded content and performance fixes may not represent a compelling upgrade over the previous version.

Simplified Interface

PaintShop Pro's interface is easy to understand, with intelligent learning tools right within the workspace where you need them. This includes a library of excellent video and written tutorials (available through the newly designed Welcome screen) and a context-sensitive Learning Center palette that provides guidance for the selected tool.

PSP 2019 has a more streamlined interface than previous versions.

The PSP 2019 has a more streamlined interface than previous versions. The default workspace has less clutter, but you can customize it to display whatever tools and palettes you wish. You can even change the size of the font, scroll bars and icons.

Paintshop Pro review by User

"Paintshop Pro is a simple, yet effective image software"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Paintshop Pro is it's ease of use. The software has enough functions to quickly create, edit and save/share images.

What do you dislike?

The software's templates of characters and symbols for image editing are relatively bland, and, some of the designs would be a bit dated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can learn the software quickly and expedite your work with success.

Paintshop Pro has been a solution to quickly save and expedite image work. The benefits would be that it's a cheaper software then higher-end image editing software on the market. Another benefit I've realized is that it can accomplish a broad range of image steps that have been easy to learn and adapt to our business needs.

Paintshop Pro review by Consultant

"Nice and easy image editing software"

What do you like best?

We've used PaintShop Pro for a long time and have found it to be very easy and straight forward to use, with lots of great features. While I've never used PhotoShop I feel that this is a program that is more suited to the basic/medium skilled user while PhotoShop would be for the expert and a bit more complex.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I've had is with occasional crashing of the program while I'm working on it, but it usually recovers what I'm working on when I restart it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great if you want something that you can just install and get started using with the minimum of fuss.

Allowed us to edit images in a quick, professional way with little training. Speeding up the training of new staff.

Paintshop Pro review by Consultant in Entertainment
Consultant in Entertainment

"Your best bet for the price and ease of use of the software!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Paintshop Pro —the very first thing I noticed about it— is that it's response time is extremely fast when it comes to loading the program, while working with it, and especially when saving large files. I've watched myself age while waiting for another well known design application to process my files. Never again do I have to wait ages for the application to load and then another 100 years for the files to come up! Thank you so much to the Paintshop Pro team for helping to improve my work flow!

What do you dislike?

What I dislike really comes down to wanting some more default filters with the stock application with the initial installation deployment. It would be nice to have that, sure, but realistically it is quite a minor setback to contend with, and it is easy enough to remedy on my own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paintshop Pro is high quality full featured design software at a competitive price point. I've used a lot of the software from other big names in the field but Paintshop Pro is my go-to application for most design jobs.

Advertising has become a breeze with Paintshop Pro. I can get my projects done quickly with this feature full design software.

Paintshop Pro review by Geoff L.
Geoff L.

"Paintshop is easier to use than Photo shop"

What do you like best?

Paint shop Pro is a very comprehensive tool which I find much easier and less complicated to us than other comparable phot editing programs. I have used it now in various versions and all of them have performed extremely well with excellent results.

What do you dislike?

there is nothing to really dislike with this program

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is the best image editor program I have ever used to give high quality results fast and efficiently

I use it on a daily basis to create images and edit images for my websites and social posting activilties.

Paintshop Pro review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"Decent photo editor, but features are hard to find and use"

What do you like best?

It does a decent job of editing actual photos and the ability to see all of your photos in the program and then select which ones you want to edit is nice.

You can also create and run scripts to quickly make common, repetitive adjustments to photos

What do you dislike?

If you have used Adobe Photoshop like I have, you will find yourself constantly confused about where common features are or how to use them. For example, there is a menu that lists all of the effect you can apply to an image, but if you are looking to create a blur you won't find it there. It would instead be under the Adjust menu.

This is primarily a photo editor, and is not ideal for editing screenshots or adding/drawing things like callouts

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a product to edit photos, Paintshop can get the job done fairly well but the learning curve is steep (especially if you are used to Adobe Photoshop)

We primarily use Paintshop to edit screenshots used in online help documentation

Paintshop Pro review by Kirk T.
Kirk T.

"PSP for graphic design "

What do you like best?

Totally robust all in one vector and raster graphics suite. In since ways PSP is my preference.

What do you dislike?

Very little to dislike but better support and ui for tablets is always good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's basically nothing I do in CS that I can't do in PSP, live these guys.

I use PSP as a fast and powerful graphics editor and file conversion tool. They're great.

Paintshop Pro review by Administrator in Photography
Administrator in Photography

"Easy to Use and understand"

What do you like best?

I love all of the easy to follow How to videos that are available. When I can't figure out something I know I can find it online.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is a little slow - but it could be that my computer is old and doesn't have the memory/power to run the program efficiently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I consider Paint Shop Pro so much easier to use than its competitors and for a much better price point.

It is easy to open up and design something quickly or edit something quickly. Ive been using Paint Shop Pro for years and they just keep making it better with every update.

Paintshop Pro review by Marty J.
Marty J.

"Paintshop Pro--a highly underrated tool; and the core of my business"

What do you like best?

Nearly all of my illustrations are created or modified by Paintshop Pro; you can view my portfolio at http://mjarts.com/portfolio.html

The feature I like best is that Paintshop Pro works with psd files--Photoshop files. The greatest feature of the Photoshop file is that it allows one to work with layered transparent backgrounds. With a layered transparent background, one can create illustrations in the same manner as the early Disney animations--paintings on transparent backgrounds, that when stacked, become a symphony of images. In that sense Paintshop Pro is very similar to GIMP. Both programs allow one to work with any type of image, and have very intuitive controls.

I have Photoshop on my computer, and use some of that programs filters; but Photoshop, for me, is a very non-intuitive program. To use Photoshop effectively one needs to use keystroke combinations that aren't in my brain, and don't make much sense.. Most of my work is done with a mouse, and while I use a few of Paintshop's keystrokes for altering contrast, hue, saturation and lightness, for the most part I use a mouse.

I use very old versions of Paintshop Pro--versions created by JASC back in the nineties, when dinosaurs ruled the earth. Paintshop Pro 6 and 8 both work in a W10-64 bit environment; I use version 8 for most of my work; I use version 6 for drafting. Version 6 is less of a memory hog, but it has limitations when using deformations.

I also use Paintshop Pro 8 for photo enhancement. I also use Lightroom for certain features; and need to use Photoshop to work with some aspects of RAW images. Most of my photo enhancement work is done using Paintshop Pro 8's built-in features.

What do you dislike?

The ONLY feature found in Photoshop that I can't find in my old Paintshop Pro versions in a 32-bit environment, is the retention of transparent backgrounds for png files created in Photoshop. In a 64-bit environment, this problem seems to have disappeared. The old versions of Paintshop Pro, in a 32-bit environment, will automatically flatten a png image created with a transparent background.

I'm a 'if it ain't broke...' kind of guy; I don't need to buy the latest software in order to do my work, when the software I use still works. I have CS5 installed in my Graphics computer that I use for video production; and there are tons of features available that I rarely explore. I don't like Adobe any more than I like Microsoft. I would probably have the same problems with Apple. I don't like computer manufacturers telling me what I have to do in order to use their product; I come from a pre-computer business world; and learned my skills while computer were new, and far more flexible. Before the companies became Galactic Empires...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since I don't use the Corel products, I can't advise people on their capabilities. My assumption is that the Corel products are further improved from my antique versions. If the Corel products aren't satisfactory, try GIMP.

I don't think of my projects in terms of 'business problems that I need to solve'--I think in terms of what needs to be done to accomplish the task I've been given. I've been self-employed for the last 18 years; providing graphic arts, digital imaging, photo retouching and manipulation services; as well as video editing services. I use Adobe Creative Suite Production CS5; I'm PC based, using Adobe Creative Suite Production CS5- and AfterEffects. I have no employees; although there are many of my business tasks that I could have an employee do. The reality is that employees are expensive; a reality I was well aware of when working as a General Contractor in the construction industry.

Since I can honestly say that I use Paintshop Pro for nearly all of my graphic work, nearly all of the benefits I've received from 18 years of self-employment as a graphic artist are based on Paintshop Pro's capabilities.

Paintshop Pro review by Lisa C.
Lisa C.

"Creative and Fun to Use"

What do you like best?

I really liked Paintshop. It was my first editing tool that I learned on and it allowed me to do some pretty cool things with very little knowledge!

What do you dislike?

It made my computer operate much slower and sometimes I had to restart it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't used this recently. It was my first software that I purchased and used for photo editing. It used a lot of memory on my computer, but I think that is typical of editing software. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a solid editing tool and they don't want to be on the cloud like with other tools.

Oh, it helped me create beautiful business cards, and unique photos without the knowledge of Photoshop.

Paintshop Pro review by Gladys Z.
Gladys Z.

"Excelente editor"

What do you like best?

La interfaz es muy personalizable en cuanto al color y al tamaño de elementos como iconos y barras de desplazamiento.

What do you dislike?

Entre las nuevas características de PaintShop Pro X6 hay un par de herramientas de selección que rastrean automáticamente los contornos de los objetos en las fotos. Es un gran concepto, pero apenas revolucionario, ya que la Herramienta de selección rápida de Photoshop Elements ha tenido la misma característica durante año.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PaintShop Pro X6 ahora es una aplicación de 64 bits, lo que significa que puede usar más memoria. Esto debería ser útil cuando se abren muchas imágenes a la vez y cuando se trabaja con imágenes muy grandes.

Me ayuda mucho a editar imágenes de renders para mostrar en mis proyectos.

Paintshop Pro review by User in Mining & Metals
User in Mining & Metals

"Cost effective solution to multimedia web graphic problems"

What do you like best?

I prefer the user interface and layering tools as well as the general ability to create and develop my own design tools. It is very easy to edit photos. The many brushes and plug-ins make it easy to create clean graphics. The newest version (2018) is faster than previous versions. Batch processing is a breeze. Also, I love the new workspace feature! This greatly improves functionality.

What do you dislike?

It's not as intuitive if you're more familiar with Photoshop tools, so there is a learning curve. The industry standard is Photoshop, so file compatibility becomes an issue sometimes. Certain tools are a bit laggy, but not enough to cause me to not want to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price, PaintShop Pro is definitely worth it. I find it just as easy to use as its Adobe competitor, once you get past the learning curve. I find that the tools for editing photos are just as good as Adobe, maybe a little slower, but improved from previous version of PaintShop Pro, and not enough to write it off as a deal killer. I've only trialed this software, but I am now considering switching to PaintShop Pro because I really do prefer it.

Batch photo editing is quick and easy. I find it faster to work with RAW images in PaintShop Pro than with Adobe. The tools make it quick to make professional looking graphics for presentations as well.

Paintshop Pro review by Jesus S.
Jesus S.

"simple to use but not very powerful"

What do you like best?

It's good and fast for simple things, it has all the possibilities very visible and it's easy to use

What do you dislike?

When you need more professional finishes or you need more striking effects your imagination is great, the tool lacks options that other products do have

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you need to make basic changes to your photos or introduce simple elements it is very easy to use, however if the use is professional it is possible that it falls short and you need other options

It is very good to make simple photo retouching and quickly, cutouts, work with layers, improve colors and brightness or resize photos

Paintshop Pro review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"To paint it not to paint, that is the question"

What do you like best?

Anyone with a bit of patience can use this program. There are a ton of tutorials online but if you are one who likes to go at it free range and has used another photo editing program, it is a program that you can pick up quite quickly. And the price of cannot be beat for Photoshop like features.

What do you dislike?

I feel that some functions are still slow, typography is not as good as Photoshop, and things seem to get really cluttered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a Photoshop need but not the budget Corel Paint Shop Pro will be a perfect fit. Though it does lack many of Photoshop's advanced tools, I found it to be very powerful and affordable photo editing software for us and placing products on the websites.

The main business problem that is being solved is cost. Also the ability for a novice to quickly get on after one tutorial and crop product images, color correct, and then save the image as a PNG file.

Paintshop Pro review by Mahesh P.
Mahesh P.

"Review "

What do you like best?

The software's interface uses tabs to divide the editing tools by function, which makes the program easy to use and navigate. It has three main tabs for its tools: Manage, Adjust and Edit. The Manage tab is where the photo organizer is found, and you can use it to browse, tag and organize photos.

What do you dislike?

he picture editor can add effects to your text to make it stand out. In addition, PaintShop X9 has over 90 creative filters you can apply to completely change the textures and colors in your photos.

nce it serves as both a photo editor and design software, this program includes vector graphic tools, which means you can use it to edit both vector and raster images.

Paintshop Pro review by User

"Cute and affordable Alternative to Photoshop"

What do you like best?

Very cheap compared to Photoshop. For this I have preferred where I work.

I love brush tools.

It's amazing creativity.

This is not so beautiful in Photoshop.

What do you dislike?

It's kind of hard for Photoshop to get used to.

İnterface very but very complex

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an affordable photo editing application for you.

Easy to get used to even beginners.

Successful software according to its competitors.

They have add-ons to increase your creativity.

When you switch to Adobe Photoshop monthly charges. We moved to this application at the University where I worked. Because it's more affordable.

We are designing the photos that we will add to the web site of our university with this application.

Very easy to get used to.

Paintshop Pro review by Christina C.
Christina C.

"Paintshop Pro - A fairly powerful software"

What do you like best?

I like that you have the functionality of some of the other software. They are not consistent in most of the layout which is typical of other design software. However they are fairly easy to figure out what to do.

What do you dislike?

Same issues as above. Plus somewhat less functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest other software options in the same price range. Honestly you can get the same functionality in much cheaper and sometimes free software.

Honestly it is no better or worse then any other design software I have come across. It doesn't blow me away but it serves the purpose, though it is not my first choice.

Paintshop Pro review by User

"A great alternative to Photoshop."

What do you like best?

I like Paintshop Pro because it is easier to use than Photoshop.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see Corel come out with the button that when you hover over the icons, it will give you a description of the tool with a link to learn more about it. I would like to change the icon size and styles in order to be able customize icons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Paintshop Pro to others if you are looking for a less expensive Photoshop. Paintshop Pro can do a lot of what Photoshop can do. It's really a great program.

Adjusting photos' color when you have taken photos outside against the sun or with bad lighting. It's also cool to take pictures of office members during a party or performing a task at work. You don't need a fancy expensive camera, instead, you can us Paintshop Pro to achieve great results that a really expensive camera would do.

Paintshop Pro review by Yvettes C.
Yvettes C.

"great program to have and easy to use"

What do you like best?

This program has great benefits.I have been using it for a few years i started out with digital scarp booking and it has helped with designing shirts.so easy to use and lots of benefits.

What do you dislike?

I wish the extras were cheaper like plug ins but other than that its simple to use .

Recommendations to others considering the product

great program to have and so easy to use the possiblities are endless.and

I have learned it has helped me move on to other benefits and moving up to making more money by using my designs with the program.

Paintshop Pro review by User in Facilities Services
User in Facilities Services

"Corel Paintshop Pro"

What do you like best?

Its fun to work on projects, and my daughter can use it too! It's can create most craftsy sort of projects and make changes easily. I appreciate the tutorials! It has everything I need and more! I love the way I can create the artist feeling through editing my photos with Corel Paintshop Pro

What do you dislike?

Nothing much, except that there seem to be so many editing options that I can't seem to locate them as easily as I would like. But I am learning. I just got the product and am using the free trial. Had it for close to a month. It's not expensive. I do love editing with it. It has the HDR, which I needed and the way I have repaired photos has been exceptional quality. I am able to produce the photo as I recall seeing it, and how it made me feel!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth purchasing after the free trial. It's an excellent product. Producing wonder photographs. Be sure to watch the tutorials, as it offers many options for editing.

I am trying to create a more profitable art and photography business. The quality makes me feel that my photos are ready to promote.

Paintshop Pro review by Tammy B.
Tammy B.

"This is my go-to software for photo editing"

What do you like best?

I like the clone tool, the batch settings and the ease of creating professionally edited photos with the click of a button.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the most recent update which requires that I change screens for blemish, teeth whitening and a few other settings. The software sometimes changes to the wrong picture.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many good you tube tutorials that are must easier to use than the instructions included with the software. Watch them and find easy shortcuts to your most needed features.

I can edit in 1/4 the amount of time using this compared to my previous software.

Paintshop Pro review by John M B.
John M B.

"Good For Photos... Not for much else"

What do you like best?

The photo editing abilities with this program are amazing! I do all of my photo restoration and alteration projects on this platform! No excuses! It has beautiful filters and unique tools to alter/restore almost any picture you throw at it!

What do you dislike?

Outside the photo editing abilities, I haven't had much use or success with this program. From a graphic designer standpoint, the use of this program stops after the photo is complete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't go into the program looking for a Photoshop alternative... but it has great potential in photo editing

My company offers photo restoration so this program is perfect for that task!

Paintshop Pro review by Melissa N.
Melissa N.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

As a lot of photography programs this one was easy to use. This program really is for the beginner. I loved starting out and working with this program. Paintshop Pro has the basics that is needed when it comes to working with different images. I will say that the simple to use aspect is the main thing that I loved about it. As I moved on with my work I can say that I outgrew the program.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing that I did not dislike. It was something that was easy to use and learn photo manipulation on. I did move on and out grew the program, I wish it was something that would grow with you adding in different things about the program. However it is not and a downer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only thing that I can really recommend with this platform is just to try it and see if it works for you.

Currently I have no real business problems to be solving. I as a professional photographer and owner of my business have found that I really have to keep up with the different programs and find what is best for me. It is something that is a little difficult to figure out when it comes with photography.

Paintshop Pro review by Kimberly H.
Kimberly H.

"I've love Corel products"

What do you like best?

Corel is easy to use and you don't have to buy extras. I like that I don't have to spend hours search for the add on tool to buy.

What do you dislike?

Corel seems to have moved away from photo editing. I missed photo paint being updated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love Corel products but most people use Adobe so many of have to ask use Adobe.

Corel gives me everything in one package. I have use Corel products for years and love the layout and easy of finding the tools I need.

Paintshop Pro review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Diverse Tools, But Not Specialized Enough"

What do you like best?

This program was great for diversity. I could use it to create graphic art, edit photos, manipulate photos, create advertisements and book covers. It has the tools to do a lot of different things and it served me well when I was first getting started. It is fairly easy to pick up and use for the basics.

What do you dislike?

While there is a lot of diversity in the tools, nothing is over specialized. It is difficult to edit a photo well and unnoticably without a lot of practice and tweaking. To really do anything that is going to look professional, it is a very step learning curve with not many great tutorials in-program. It is certainly not as fast as other programs currently available. Graphic art is easier, but doesn't have a lot of the options that other program has to make it fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want something very versatile for simple things, this is great. If you are looking for fast, professional, and specific, perhaps look for something else.

It was great when there was a lot of time, but it did not make for fast editing or creation when I was crunched for time. Perhaps I didn't get to know the program well enough, but using more programs that were specific made things much, much quicker. However, it was great to get me started and not have to invest in a lot of programs, not knowing which ones I would need

Paintshop Pro review by User in Gambling & Casinos
User in Gambling & Casinos

"Easy to use and Powerful"

What do you like best?

Easy to use - Powerful software for Photo editing and processing. Way less of a memory hog than Adobe products. A host of plugins and RAW support and editing is robust.

Easy to install.

Easy to navigate - Help links are very informative and easy to access

What do you dislike?

The new interface is a bit annoying - I'd rather it skip me trying to buy new templates as a Home page

Recommendations to others considering the product

Constantly evolving in the right direction and less expensive than Adobe Elements

Allows me to quickly and professionally edit images without sacrificing PC memory

Paintshop Pro review by Bruce E.
Bruce E.

"Powerful image editing tool "

What do you like best?

While not as well known or used as Adobe Photoshop, Paintshop Pro offers many similar features at a lower costs. From advanced font implementation features to some very smooth photo editing tools, the program is very versatile for many needs. I remember using the program when it was a limited shareware program before being acquired by Corel. Today it features some of the most robust feature tool sets available for editing still media. In my usage, it really works well with photo editing and management purposes. It has many of the same tools found in Photoshop and is even compatible with Photoshop plugin tools. Perhaps one of its best features is the ability to work with a large number of different image file formats.

What do you dislike?

Its not Photoshop. For some purposes, Photoshop still shines as the best image editor on the market. Some of the tools can be a little difficult to use, especially when compared to Photoshop's tools. The interface is a little clunky at times and can be slower than more streamlined editors. Then again the same could be said for Photoshop. Some users complain the Paintshop Pro has a steep learning curve and this can be true, especially if one is new to image editing. Other issues can include the program's overall preview speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When looking at purchasing Paintshop Pro, take a detailed look at its handling of fonts. Some users may find its font system to be highly usable while others prefer the system used in Photoshop.

Currently I used Paintshop Pro to edit photos, create images, and design illustrations.

Paintshop Pro review by Greissy P.
Greissy P.

"It's just ok. "

What do you like best?

I like it is a program that matches up perfectly with Corel Draw

What do you dislike?

There's better options in the editing market to work images. If there's Photoshop out there, why bothering using this unprofessional tool?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use it if you want professional results or if you are used to a superior level of work.

None. I mean, I think it can't be used seriously at my level of work.

Paintshop Pro review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Muy bueno"

What do you like best?

Es fácil de usar y muy bueno a la hora de editar.

What do you dislike?

No me gusta mucho la limitación del programa, pero para algo fácil no hay problema.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es muy bueno para que la gente que entra nueva a la empresa se adapte poco a poco a la manera de trabajar de esta.

Es más fácil de usar que otros programas por lo que para la gente que llega nueva a la empresa es muy buena herramienta.

Paintshop Pro review by Dr.Tim D.
Dr.Tim D.

"Excellent results with limited training!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the excellent professional results. The interface is easy to use and the menus are pretty much straight forward.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you have to look through a few menus to find what your looking for. This does get better once you have become adjusted to the menus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your looking for a tool with Professional Results for your images then this is it! Simple to use and easy to understand.

The quality of images is amazing with this tool!

Paintshop Pro review by User

"I cut my teeth with this"

What do you like best?

I am a diehard fan of paintshop pro and have used it since it was owned by and created by JASC like v3 the latest version I used was X2 or 12 and it is still a solid work horse for creating raster as well as vector elements i use Paintshop Pro in conjunction with Photoshop CC and if I had my back up against the wall and had to choose Id choose Paintshop Pro.

What do you dislike?

Image resizinf down from prnt quality could be better

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a more intuitive interface than say its nearest competitor

logo design, illustration, raster image editing photography work

Paintshop Pro review by User

"Un editor fotográfico más que aceptable "

What do you like best?

Lo mejor sin duda de Paintshop pro es su relación calidad-precio: Sin duda no puede compararse a otros softwares más avanzados tipo Photoshop, pero posee una gran parte de las mismas funciones, más que suficiente para un nivel medio y a un precio mucho menor. Sin duda, una gran elección para iniciados en la edición fotográfica digital.

What do you dislike?

Quizás sus funcionalidades se queden algo insuficientes para un nivel de retoque digital profesional, siendo necesario pasar a otros programas más avanzados. Además, resulta algo difícil de manejar al comienzo, algo que puede solventarse con el magnífico manual de usuario online.

Edición fotográfica, retoque y tratamiento digital de imágenes, postedicion de renders arquitectónicos

Learning about Paintshop Pro?

* We monitor all Paintshop Pro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.