Paddle Reviews & Product Details

CEO

"Super simple, yet super powerful"

What do you like best?

Paddle deducts and pays VAT MOSS on our behalf.

What do you dislike?

Paddle redirects users' support requests to us when customers reach out to them because it's Paddle who they receive emails from (order confirmation, receipts, etc). I wish they'd state that support has to be directed at us directly.

Selling Mac and browsers apps. We really appreciate handling all the tax stuff on our behalf because we're a small company and don't have resources to handle complicated bureaucracy ourselves. With Paddle, it's super straightforward -- just add a couple of lines of code, everything else's covered by them.

What is Paddle?

Our one-stop e-commerce solution is specifically built with software companies in mind, whether you’re selling desktop software on Mac and Windows or whether you’re a Web SaaS business. Focus on building, not billing. Bring together everything you need to sell software, packaged in one intuitive platform you can start using in minutes. Grow your revenue. Don’t let tools limit your imagination anymore: you decide pricing, promotions and the customer experience, we handle the rest. Optimize your software sales. Increase your conversion rates, customize your user experience and experiment with pricing, layouts and promotions. Our e-commerce solution brings everything you need to sell software under one roof: – Payments: no need to integrate or pay for PayPal or payment gateways on top, everything is included – Modern, user-friendly checkout: out of the box or fully customized to your brand – Trials, licensing & subscriptions: everything from issuing one-off serial numbers to managing recurring billing – Taxes and VAT: we automatically collect and remit all local taxes on your behalf worldwide – Payer support: our team handles billing queries and common customer issues for you – Coupons, bundles, up-sells and cross-sells: all of the built-in marketing tools to grow your sales – Fraud protection: we minimize fraud and help you fight chargebacks – Developer-friendly: API, JS library, Mac and Windows SDK

Paddle Screenshots

Paddle Profile Details

Paddle Profile Details

Related Links
Q&A
Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
Paddle

1-25 of 56 total Paddle reviews

Paddle Reviews

1-25 of 56 total Paddle reviews
Gerente de websites

"Sounds good, I received my first payment"

What do you like best?

I'm using Paddle only to sell license codes to my clients.

When a customer completes the purchase in Paddle, he receives a license code in his email that can be used in my software to release full access to my service.

This is my second month of use, I have already received my first payment and I continue to use this service.

What do you dislike?

Support takes too long to respond and sometimes does not respond.

There is no website validation process, so be careful before you start using the platform.

The rates are a bit high, but the service provided is good.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend that you read the entire Terms of Service and general rules before you start using the service

Ask the support if your product is allowed for sale or you will lose your money because there is no approval process before using the service.

It helped me reach customers from countries that I could not before.

I do not have to worry about setting the prices because of the different tax rates in each country, Paddle already does this automatically.

I'm enjoying Paddle and it's being a great service!

James Qualtrough

"Easy to implement and sophisticated admin"

What do you like best?

We've implemented Paddle into our two core products now and have been delighted with the service received and the performance of the product. It's helped us ship products early with a full feature set.

What do you dislike?

I've not really found anything I dislike yet. We've used this product to deliver exactly what we need from a Saas product subscription perspective.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Speak to the Paddle team, they offer really good service and will help you get the most out of their product.

We wanted a solution that handled Saas payments and managed the international tax for us. Paddle has been a great solution for this but we've since started to explore offering Affiliate programmes for our products once we discovered this was all possible through Paddle as well.

Sales Manager

"Great in every aspect"

What do you like best?

A powerful yet easy-to-use service for instant purchases. Paddle provides fast onboarding, has a straightforward user interface so it takes little to no time to set up your workflows and start working.

It also counts taxes for you, which is extremely convenient and safe. The tax refund feature has also proved to be very helpful and works seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

Prices are not low, but the services you receive in return are worth it.

Customer support is not instant and sometimes takes more time than expected.

We use Paddle for instant online purchases of software, monthly subscription billing, and online purchase management. Paddle allows us to set up automatic online purchases and license delivery to the end user, and it handles taxes for us.

director

"great payment provider for ecommerse and more"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to set up an account, no special documents are required

Paddle is very modern service, as well as check out page, so it doesn't look alien on your website

They are always updating and improving the service, so payment systems will be up to date.

What do you dislike?

Only one small thing, that they trying to outsource request tickets to themselves, in my opinion, it slows down the time we solve a problem of a customer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend seeing their commissions at first, as it is can be too high for very cheap products.

We using it to accept payment for international clients, as Russian payment gateways are very strict to foreign debit and credit cards.

(Myself Only)

"Big part of my business"

What do you like best?

Quick and easy integration.

They react to feature requests and bug reports.

Their prices are fair. At least compared with Apple's 30%.

What do you dislike?

In the beginning, the support and the communication was a bit chaotic. But that improved a lot within the last year or two. However they still redirect every support query they get from my users to me, even though they could solve it by themselves. (Like resending a license code to the user)

Their vendor website feels a bit dated at some sections, but all in all it is usable.

The documentation isn't very detailed on some parts.

I've been one of the early users of Paddle since they started a few years ago. Their service helped me a lot to start selling my products (Software for macOS) easily without having to think about foreign tax, user and license management. It helped me a lot to grow my company. I wouldn't want to do business without the help of Paddle anymore.

"Smooth payment processing"

What do you like best?

Paddle has a sleek interface, robust API, good documentation and helpful support staff. It does the job well, and feels like it's moving forward with new features and improvements to old features.

What do you dislike?

The user interface, while sleek, lacks some features. Batch editing products, for example, or moving more swiftly from product to product. The affiliate interface was pretty hopeless earlier, but has now been improved a lot to the point of being useful, so I'm sure these are not permanent issues.

Earlier I felt like an important customer and got more attention and support; now it seems Paddle has grown larger and doesn't care as much about individual customers.

Paddle handles payments and VAT for me, and does that without issues. It's somewhat cheaper than my previous payment processor, and has a better interface and much better support.

Founder

"Perfect solution for international payments"

What do you like best?

I'm a founder from India and most of my customers are from US so payment was a big issue for me until I found Paddle. Super easy interface, no need for bank verifications and no restriction on receiving international payments.

What do you dislike?

Charges could be lowered. they seems to be a bit on the higher side.

My issue was that in India there aren't any payment gateways that allows you to collect recurring international payments, so I tried reaching out to Stripe but they don't have any ETA on India launch and they have been in beta in India for years now! so I tried Paddle and found it perfectly suitable for my needs.

Senior Level Web Developer

"Works great for my small business"

What do you like best?

The admin interface is hugely better over that of competing services. It is very easy to track orders and view day-to-day sales. Customers also seem to greatly enjoy the checkout experience and I often get asked what checkout I am using on my websites. Security seems to be tighter and I have fewer chargebacks.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if you could do more actions 'globally' to take effect over all products. I have several hundred products listed and uploaded to Paddle now. It can be pain to go through each one to add new currencies or change something like email messages. I would love to see options that can be applicable to all products store-wide.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It may seem a little pricey at first glance, compared with other providers. But the amount of admin / accountancy work Paddle does on your behalf makes it excellent value for money.

The main reason for switching to Paddle was compliance with the awful VAT-MOSS EU laws. I do not have the time or willingness to register myself for VAT in however many EU countries and do all the extra paperwork. If I had not switched to Paddle, then I would have needed to shut down my company.

Founder, CEO & Full-Stack Developer

"After my bank sent back the wire amount, Paddle decided to take the hit on the fees ($101.46)"

What do you like best?

The interface, the API integration and the fact that it's one of the very few payment gateways that support vendors in Albania.

What do you dislike?

UPDATE: After my bank sent back the wire amount, the processing fees came out to be astronimical ($101.46). As a gesture of goodwill, Paddle decided to take the hit on the fees. Heartwarming!

It's been a month already that I've been waiting for a payout via a wire transfer. A month of calling my bank, contacting Paddle and trying to figure out what was going on.

At the very end, the bank in UK (Paddle's end) refused to give some extra info my bank asked for. "This is what we have. You can revert the transfer if you want" the UK bank said. They basically cut it short. If only they did that in the very beginning so I wouldn't have to wait for a whole month.

What's the point of being able to accept credit card payments from all over the World when you don't actually get to enjoy them?

Very dissapointed

Ability to accept credit cards payments from all over the World for an App my team has built. It's a subscription based app and Paddle allows us to manage & automaticall charge the subscribers.

Response from Octave Auger of Paddle

Hi Ervin,

Please know we have done everything in our power to process this payout for you. Unfortunately, the payment couldn’t be accepted by your bank.

We are pleased to be able to offer you payouts via Payoneer, an account for which I believe you are in the process of setting up.

As soon as this is done we will re-send your payout and the funds should arrive same day.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us via: vendors@paddle.com if we can help further?

Many thanks!

CEO of Viere

"Can I date Paddle?"

What do you like best?

Where do I begin? Paddle has allowed me to reach customers from countries I never could before. It has a very good design, great API features, smooth checkout process and friendly staff that are willing to go the extra mile to help you with any questions you have. If paddle was a lady, I would definitely go out on a date with her because I think I'm in love with this service. Lol (Dear Paddle, if you are reading this; Please don't change anything. Your system is perfect and we are loving it)

What do you dislike?

Nothing, nada. I don't remember a single thing that I disslike about Paddle.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're serious about selling online, wether you're selling your digital or physical goods and are looking for a payment processor that is very user friendly and easy to use; Ta-da! You just found it. Paddle!

Payments from multiple countries. Great API customisation. Less headache.

Senior Web Developer
Apparel & Fashion

"It was so far the best payment option that enabled developer to ship product quick"

What do you like best?

In terms of integration, paddle has good in terms of documentation and structure. I believe this most of developers expect from a service. And it comes with the dashboard that I believe don't have any issue with UI/UX. It just, I was come across with this error page that still isn't showing a clear message (seems still a Laravel kind of default response 4XX/5XX).

What do you dislike?

Paddle doesn't seems have somewhat like a sandbox environment. Yes, there is a work around where we can have product with 0 price, but still using real CC to purchase. But, it wasn't really a blocker for us. Just nice to consider.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are same like us that wanted to ship your product (for us is SaaS), we recommend Paddle as your partner. It helps a lot on the Payment Gateway side, less headache for you.

We are able to roll out the product fast. Accept payment from all around the world, without too much hustle, etc. Price localisation and language, this is save us from educate customer.

Co Founder

"Great service for indie software shops"

What do you like best?

Paddle is super fast to set up and after that very easy to use. They're happy to work with you and all around nice folks! We used them for several of our products and they were always quick to respond and helped us create a custom purchase flow with their SDK. Additionally, their out of the box experience is very user friendly and they're always looking to help you find new ways to sell your products. Features are added quite often and bugs are quashed quickly (the once revved their SDK just to fix a blocking bug for us).

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the dashboard interface left something to be desired. I'd like their metrics platform to be expanded even more, although what they have lets you customize your event tracking as needed which gets you most of the way there. Transferring users and admin rights around was more difficult than expected and didn't always work as expected, e.g. instead of being able to transfer ownership of a product, you had to give the person your admin credentials and then let them change things once they've logged in.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't hesitate, Paddle is a great option if you're looking for an online store.

We were able to roll out a compelling in-app store using Paddle's SDK. In addition, their metrics helps us stay on top of user engagement. Our in-app experience was heavily customized and leveraged the API/SDK heavily. We planned to use more of their features, but on of our developers got pulled off the project so we didn't do wuite as much as we'd hoped.

Gränssnittsutvecklare

"Paddle saves me days worth of work that I can spend on improving my apps instead"

What do you like best?

Creating a new product with Paddle's framework is easy. A brand new application can be integrated in less than a day, and Paddle provides the UI both in-app and for embedding on a product website. If you aren't happy with the UI, there's a lot of customization options as well.

What do you dislike?

Most of the things I've been missing has been added since I joined as a vendor, so I can't say that I have much to dislike. The only thing I'm missing right now is a proper way to set up test environments, where you can try out the full checkout experience with fake credit cards and such.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They are one of the most friendly companies I've worked with, which alone makes it worth the money.

When I first started making Mac apps, I was only planning on having them on the Mac App Store since it would take too long to create my own platform for managing sales and licenses. But then Paddle contacted me and showed me their framework, which allowed me to create non-MAS versions quickly without having to worry about things like VAT or payment gateways. Today I use Paddle for all my Mac apps like Hypernap, and I'm planning on using their frameworks on the web in the near future as well.

President

"Paddle made it super easy to sell my Mac app direct to customers"

What do you like best?

Adding Paddle's framework and code to Tap Forms 5 for Mac took less than a day, so it was super simple to get going selling direct to my customers. They even have a website button that takes only a couple of lines of code to implement that gives customers choice in how they want to purchase. Other than that, the best thing about Paddle is their reliability, both in service and in their monthly payouts. I couldn't be happier with what Paddle has to offer. It even costs way less than selling elsewhere.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I don't like about Paddle, so this is a tough question. I've seen the odd glitch in the Paddle Dashboard website where it shows the wrong icon on screen for my company and occasionally you see an error in the dashboard until you refresh the page. There was only one time in the past 2 years that the payout took longer than expected to arrive. But it was just that one time only.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to earn more from each sale, provide customers with a stellar in-app purchase experience, and/or provide a simple to use website checkout button, then Paddle is the place to go.

Aside from being able to earn more from each sale via Paddle, they also allow me to issue coupons and provide an upgrade discount for current Tap Forms customers that I'm not able to do selling on the App Store. This has been a huge benefit for my business. It just gives me one more way of providing great customer support.

Co-Founder & CEO
Internet

"Simple integration, but the admin panel requires some extra functionality"

What do you like best?

We find the Paddle service to be very convenient in the terms of simple integration, Paddle API, the option of creating flexible payment plans. The user interface of working with a specific subscripton is also convenient and simple.

What do you dislike?

There are several points that can be improved, and they're as follows:

- There is no option of sorting or grouping transactions, subscriptions and coupons.

- The option of adding a payment plan via the API is in fact useless, as you can't add a logo to the plan in this way, so we have to do it manually. Also, each time you edit a coupon or a payment plan, you get redirected to the first page, and it complicates the process big time.

Thus it is, in fact, impossible for a marketing manager to work with subscription plans and coupons via the internal Paddle interface.

- The statistics export doesn't include refunds, charge backs and withdrawal fees

Easy payment system integration for a SaaS service.

Mac Software Developer

"Glad my customers can have easy checkout process now"

What do you like best?

I was looking for a streamlined checkout experience to sell my software products with. Paddle has pretty nice checkout steps and they give a promise of constantly iterating it and improving conversion rates. That’s less guesswork for me.

What do you dislike?

I am yet to find something to complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Initial product setup is easy and their support was responsive, so there’s no harm in trying it out.

I’ve been selling my own side-projects as shareware software for over decade. Several companies I’ve used in the past for processing orders still seem to be stuck in 2000s. I’m talking both about what customers have to go through and my use of their control panels/dashboards/reports as a developer. Paddle keeps up on both of these fronts. Also pricing is clear and they have well documented and evolving APIs.

Founder

"Paddle brings more customers while saving me tons of work"

What do you like best?

A few month ago I decided to sell a macOS app I originally created for myself to customers. Usually it may take a week or so to develop the licensing system, integrate checkout, and so on. With Paddle, it took only a few hours. This enabled me to put the app online and start making money in just a few days.

The in-app checkout also provides a much better purchasing experience for the users and boosts the conversion rate of my app.

What do you dislike?

The admin panel is not very well organized. It may take you some time to find a feature you need in some cases.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Paddle is the no-brainer solution if you want to sell apps on macOS outside of App Store.

I integrated Paddle SDK into my app to handle all the licensing and payment processing.

"Wonderful folks, great payment solution."

What do you like best?

How great the support team is, and how personable they treat you. I never feel like an account number when working with paddle. Everything is there for you to see, nothing hidden. The integration was second to none, and I had zero trouble plugging it into everything from customer software, to point-of-sale frameworks.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, really. They do just what they say.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you've used paypal API's or authorize.net in the past, paddle will likely be a breath of fresh air. Single payments and recurring payments, alike are super easy to implement. With both webhooks and query api methods available, it's very flexible.

This a prime checkout solution for those who need to accept payments for digital products. No cost to get started, supreme support, great vendor panel.

Sports

"Easy and Fast Setup"

What do you like best?

I have downloaded the Wordpress plugin and got it working in less than 30 minutes. Paddle lets you do many customizations from design to functionality. Works fine on mobile device front ends too.

And maybe the most important asset of Paddle: Employees. They've been so friendly to me as we resolved major bank issues I had.

What do you dislike?

Cart abandonment emails sent by Paddle should be set to 1 hour later, not 6 hours.

As a vendor of Paddle, I also need a mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not hesitate, you'll love Paddle, and they'll love you too.

You get 2 powerful gateways installed at your checkout page: all types of credit cards/debit card and PayPal. All transactions are checked against fraud.

Refunds are so easy to make.

Founder

"Paddle is your no.1 choice as selling partner if you like to avoid problems with VAT in EU"

What do you like best?

If you are selling to the different countries in the EU you will have to charge your customer with a different amount of VAT in every country. Paddle is handling all this for you and also helps you to display the correct prices on your website including the corresponding VAT. That‘s absolutely great!

What do you dislike?

Sure nothing comes for free, so you will have to pay a fee on every transaction...

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask for contact and help. They are awesome!

Stop worrying about VAT, save time with accounting!

Founder & CEO
Internet

"Vastly simplified sales"

What do you like best?

It's virtually zero-touch for us. Paddle allows us to eliminate the time spent handling things like VAT and charge-backs.

What do you dislike?

Nothing particularly. The search functions for transactions vs subscriptions have inconsistent features, but this is a minor issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Paddle is easily the best solution we found both for handling VAT and for handling subscription-based recurring payments.

They handle VAT, renewal, notification, charge-backs, etc and just send us a monthly stack of BACS-transferred cash. Selling to the EU would be nearly impossible for us due to tax and reporting requirements without Paddle handling the VAT. They even have an API to allow us to insert a tax-inclusive price into our HTML.

Switching to Paddle allowed us to effectively have zero increased overhead from an expanding user base.

"No Payout From Paddle"

What do you like best?

We are disappointed that paddle.com is not answering to our emails and payout is also delayed without any reason. Contacted several times but not even getting replies to our emails. We expect someone from paddle to contact us immediately and send our payout to us as soon as possible as we are losing faith in their service with every day passing.Payout reference # 11608

What do you dislike?

No payout to Vendors from last 20 days. Emails not answered on daily basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk to paddle.com first that they will send payout on timely manner or they will delay it. It is very frustrating for a vendor to not receive the money after putting lot of efforts. No body will consider paddle if they will keep on doing this for long.

Asking someone from paddle to read this and send our payouts in time without delays.

CEO

"Modern and Dynamically growing e-commerce platform"

What do you like best?

The onboarding was extremely easy, with the help of excellent customer support.

The team is ready to implement custom requests and very helpful.

The whole system looks light and modern without the extra burden of a 20-year old system, like most of the competitors have.

What do you dislike?

It may lack some rarely used payment methods in some specific Countries.

The platform is still developing and may miss some functionality of APIs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It doesn't take much time to start selling your products on Paddle.

But at the same time, you will get a much more modern look of your products storefront.

Go-To Market Speed.

Automatic taxation management.

Receiving payments across different countries and languages.

Analytics of e-commerce flow.

(Myself Only)

"Hassle free subscription management"

What do you like best?

Paddle has every aspect of subscription management covered. All I need to do is set up the plan and everything else is handled by Paddle.

What do you dislike?

I'm sure they're working on this already but it would be awesome to be able to drill down further into subscription metrics.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In the time I've been using Paddle, the service has just been getting better and better. Updates and improvements come thick and fast and I'm always pleased to see that the priority is in improving the most important thing to me, making selling easier.

Subscription management. Not having to manage this myself saves me time so I can focus on my main tasks.

Founder and CEO

"Simple and reliable - perfect for small scale startups."

What do you like best?

I'm a small company (mostly me:) and I love the ease of integration of Paddle into my apps for security and data tracking. I have several apps and Paddle made it super easy to sell them on right from my site.

What do you dislike?

One feature I'd love to see is a shopping cart, especially as I sell several different apps on my site.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Strong reliable product backed by a great team.

I started selling apps in the Apple app store, and adding Paddle made it simple to start selling right from my site. Now anyone can download my app for a free trial, then purchase it from in the app with the Paddle tech.

Paddle Features