Outreach

Outreach

(1,414)

Outreach provides email tracking, cadence, and sales automation features for use by sales teams.

Work for Outreach?

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Outreach
Showing 1,415 Outreach reviews
Un-attributed
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Outreach

What Sales Engagement solution do you use?

Alysha M.
Jonathan B.

"(super user for the past 8 years) Truly TERRIBLE customer support but really superior software. "

What do you like best?

It's simply the best option for outbound sales enablement tools. With the ability to manage multiple users and mailboxes, robust tagging for prospect management, automated prospect staging, sequence management, template management and A/B testing, multiple email server connection options, it's a one-stop solution for outbound email.

What do you dislike?

The customer support and billing department is literally worse than a cable company. It is so terrible. The phone number basically just tells you to look through their support documentation (which is great documentation) or send an email. When you do send an email, you're stuck in a zendesk ticket system and it takes them days to respond.

If the issue is a billing issue? You're so screwed. They will legitimately rob you. I've been in situations where they bill me or a client thousands of dollars for the wrong number of seats, and then when we ask them to rectify the situation, outreach support team will take an entire week to respond, and they will respond with something like "you missed the end of the billing period where you could remove seats" and then not issue a refund. This situation has happened to me at least 3 times, and is actually what prompted a review finally.

You've got to really stay on top of these guys. Most of the reviews probably don't mention this issue because the end users aren't the ones having to deal with the thieves in the support and billing department, but get delegated to sfdc admins.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Know that if you have to deal with support or billing, you are going to have a very bad experience.

Outreach is the best solution for sending outbound emails to large prospect groups for teams and for individuals. It's a shame that no other company with superior customer support and ethics (which would not be hard to do) can match them on the software front.

Adi B.

"Support is terrible"

What do you like best?

The idea of it. We dropped Hubspot sales-pro and were looking for a tool to give our sales and insides sales team. But we need to keep looking.

What do you dislike?

The onboarding, support and overall customer care. From day one it was difficult. You only get one admin license so if your admin is out for a few weeks, no one else can support the team. If you need another admin seat, you have to pay for it. Training is done by a third party and it feels like one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing. Then we had issues and raised a ticket. Each ticket took two weeks to get a respond. But when I said I give up it took the 5 mins to let me know they've updated the system and I won't be auto renewed. I wish their support team worked as efficiently.

Not much. We can't really use it and our support tickets are not getting much response

Eric J.

"Tries hard and useful, but has major shortcomings "

What do you like best?

Outreach is an excellent prospecting tool and it has a number of positive features, but many of these can be buried by an overwhelming issue that plagues this program. The templates and sequencing functions are robust and with some dev time integrate very well with Salesforce, simplifying user workflow. The ability to quickly call or send emails from within Salesforce using the plugin is nice. Decent scheduling tools and I enjoy being able to quickly search for, bucket, and sort prospects. Great reporting tools, on everything from the best performing emails to the ideal times to call - makes it easy to push data-driven decisions. One feature I really like is that it automatically updates and adds contact info if someone replies from say a personal email - I'll take salesforce cleanliness for 100 Alex.

What do you dislike?

Some issues within the email window, mainly stemming from a complete lack of support for 3rd party writing tools like Grammarly that makes the UX simply awful. Trying to insert a paragraph, copy paste a quote, create bullets, spell check, proofread, etc - such a mess. A single click can delete an entire email, reformat half the body, randomly insert some characters. You can be in the middle of typing and hit return, and boom suddenly Bold size 27 font blasting through a random paragraph. It's ridiculous. I've literally pulled my hair out trying to deal with this issue, and something that would take 5 seconds in a word processor or email client can take multiple tries over 5 minutes to do correctly in Outreach. Team - if you are reading this, PLEASE for the love of all that is holy, can you make the two play nice together? Other then that, no major beef. Simplifying how it works with LinkedIn would be nice as so much prospecting is done using that platform now.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

An excellent tool with some minor imperfections. Try before you buy and make sure it fits into your teams existing workflow.

It lets us track rep activity, simplifies BDR/SDR daily processes, and brings together a number of disparate tasks into a single unified place. Removing the human element from prospecting and relying on the AI/ML intelligence built into Outreach is nice for everything from a reminder to followup, auto-stopping a sequence upon reply, or logging phone calls. It's much easier to keep track of a large book of business, and followup is simplified through good task management.

Robert E.

"The best sales automation tool available"

What do you like best?

The way the platform integrates with all our services to provide that "unified view" for me to conduct my daily tasks. Overall the platform itself is smooth, responsive, and powerful with many different features on the toolbelt to improve my visibility into sales cycles and prospects.

What do you dislike?

To be completely honest, some of the settings throughout the platform can be hidden in various spots where a new user wouldn't really notice, I've been using the platform for almost 3 years, so I know the in's and out's. They do have great documentation to help get started, but maybe a good crash course video or built-in AI to allow people to search in Outreach to bring up suggestions would be awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a company that provides next tier support and values your opinions to improve the product and makes sure they are helping drive your business, sincerely check them out.

Improving visibility of prospects and customers

Helping with sales cycles and automating repetitive tasks

Information building to send personalized content to prospects

Taylor T.

"Outreach is simply the best!"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity and ease of use. It's a huge time saver and is very intuitive to use! Service is awesome and always helpful/responsive. It also significantly helps align communication strategy across our internal team and allows you to better manage outreach from both an individual and collaborative standpoint. Outreach is continuously adding new features/functionality and does a great job to quickly help you understand how to use these features and why they can help your current workflows. They have a great support team as well and are usually very quick to respond and lead you towards quick resolution of the issue.

What do you dislike?

One feature I'd love to see that we don't currently have would be the ability to bulk send to sub-groups (i.e. I want to send a blast email to 100 companies, but I want anyone at the same company to be listed on 1 individual email vs. separate for each person). I'd also love to see better filling/categorization of templates, sequences and tags.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're part of a Sales or Customer Success organization, I'd highly recommend looking into Outreach. It will significantly enhance your engagement with customers and prospects and add efficiency and accountability into your and your team's workflows.

I've used Outreach in both a sales prospecting and customer success capacity and in both instances the tool has been incredibly valuable. From a prospecting standpoint, we built sequences to target prospects and create messaging that applied to various segments. It created a way to easily manage tasks and easily manage the prospects you input into the system. From a customer success standpoint, we use it better communicate with groups/segments of customers depending on the products they use/what would matter to them and ensure communication is timely, organized and effective. In both cases, Outreach served as a repository for all communication and helped streamline activity and communication strategies across our internal teams.

Steven S.

"Using Outreach in Business Development/Sales"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about Outreach is the Outreach Everywhere feature. It makes accessing company and prospect information very easy. Whether its finding the last activity with an organization or adding new prospects to sequences while in a separate CRM system, Outreach Everywhere has been an excellent tool.

What do you dislike?

My dislike would be when making calls, sometimes you run into a C-level prospect that might not but on the directory, and the only way back to the operator is to hang up the call. When you hang up and call again, the sequence wont allow you to log notes on the first call, and will register it as a call that was "not logged". If only there was a way to log those initial calls so they don't look like false statistics.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Outreach University is very helpful as well as reaching out to Outreach support.

Follow up with prospects has greatly improved on our sales team. We are able to set follow up tasks with different priority levels which allows us to focus our time on warmer leads and cipher through the cold stuff.

Erin B.

"Great tool for managing prospects throughout the lifecycle"

What do you like best?

The platform has become a critical part of our end to end sales cycle - from the start, the platform was easy to set up and very intuitive so our team was able to quickly transition our activities to Outreach. The tasks have really helped to hold our team accountable, ensuring we stay on top of cold outbound as well as follow up for deals moving further down the pipeline. We continue to realize more value from the platform as we work with our CSM and begin to use new features.

What do you dislike?

Reporting - The recent update to their reporting structure has made it easier for managers and individuals to see open and reply rates across the team but reporting in Outreach is still less than ideal. There is no single page which I can go into to see all the tasks (including LinkedIn) in one place, pull insights on high level patterns and dig into individual emails and responses.

Outreach provides us the tools to build our pipeline through cold prospecting and keep pipeline deals moving forward through consistent follow up. Additional benefit is the time our team has saved through use of templates & snippets for standard follow up responses and triggers for updating things like prospect status - this has really helped us cut back on the non-value added admin activities.

David K.

"Increase your outbound activity by 2x"

What do you like best?

The interface and integrations into Salesforce, Sales Navigator, Ring Central, and others make it easy for our reps to live in one place to prospect efficiently. The results have been tremendous as we have seen prospecting activity increase 2x and our outbound meeting booking increased significantly.

What do you dislike?

Initial set up was a bit stressful to make sure all your fields line up exactly to Salesforce. When you do flip the switch to turn it on it eats up all your Salesforce APIs. Caused a bit of a headache for 2-3 days but after that it wasn't a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Evaluation of Outreach and their competitors can seem very daunting as many other solutions can solve the same problem. Make sure you understand the differentiation of each solution (SalesLoft, Groove, InsideSales, etc) so that you buy the solution that fits your needs best.

Increase the size of our pipeline. We've seen our pipeline size increase by 30% since implementing. Our reps are more productive in their prospecting efforts creating additional meetings for our reps to take.

Allie W.

"Super easy to stay organized!"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Outreach is using triggers to automatically do something to a prospect's record once something else is done. For example, when prospect finishes a sequence, we have them trigger into a new sequence a few weeks later to keep people from slipping through the cracks if they haven't responded.

What do you dislike?

Most things flow seamlessly, but sometimes Outreach is slow to sync with Salesforce. I also wish it was a little easier to pin which sequences and specific steps directly led to meetings.

We are always testing out different features in Outreach to save reps time staying organized. Whether that's sequence automation, or views to help keep track of different types of tasks. A big initiative we are using Outreach for right now is creating a content calendar - going through our sequences from this year to figure out what worked when to create a more strategic plan for next year.

Leah B. M.

"Optimize your sales times and get new customers"

What do you like best?

It is a CRM that has all the necessary tools to create in an orderly and efficient way the tasks of purchases and sales that are going to be carried out, with scheduled schedules and schedules that always lead to having a better control of the time in the work of the advisors of sales.

What do you dislike?

the compatibility with files of other similar programs is very limited, this is something quite annoying, since many times it is not possible to do absolutely everything in a single application, and you need to add or edit things that you have done in another place, in my case, I only have Outreach, in my office, sometimes I have work to do at home, but I am limited, since what I do, I will not be able to visualize it in my place of work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The interface can improve, especially the sequencing section, the information found in this specific area, it seems that everything will be too close, or that there is no place to place more information, and one can be confusing having so much data in one same place.

The effectiveness and speed of our sales consultants, never before had been so good, the scheduling of tasks provided by Outreach provides a better one for each of them, with an optimal itinerary for both employees and owners, see an ideal option in this application.

JP R.

"More intuitive than SFDC... it just puts it all right there for you."

What do you like best?

I like that I can quickly and easily make sense of how to use it and move out of multi-tasking in separate tools to accomplish one simple activity related to follow-ups, cadence, tasks, calls, opps, prospecting, etc. It also integrates well with other tools like LeadIQ and SFDC well.

What do you dislike?

It takes some time digging into the details in order to setup efficient use of the featureset. There's a lot of value in the snippets and the templates, but it takes time... not really a dislike of Outreach so much as a dislike of having to prioritize learning it fully over my day-job... selling!

Integrating how we move from prospect to contact to outreach to follow-up. The full end-to-end is a matter of clicks and follow-thru (as long as you put the time in to set it up that way.)

Adam C.

"Autopilot for Your BD Dept."

What do you like best?

Outreach allows teams to focus on moving opportunities through the pipeline. It is that simple. The brain power previously tied up in remembering when to follow up, or figuring out what the best windows to call or email are is now focused on the best ways to get deals closed. Outreach handles all the other parts! We can drop a prospect on a sequence, and the rep simply follows the task steps. There days can be organized, broken down into swim lanes, and measurable down to a very granular level.

What do you dislike?

I know it is a cop out to say I like everything...even though it is true. The platform is still young, so there are some improvements that I am confident will come. Outreach has already followed up on several of my feature requests and delivered!

We had a sales team lagging in follow ups and effectiveness in generating new business. In the 45 days since implementing outreach, we have grown our pipeline by over a quarter million dollars directly attributable to Outreach driven activity, and our adoption is only about 60-70 percent.

Brent H.

"Great tool for any sales role"

What do you like best?

Relatively easy to use

Flexibility to balance automation with personalized messaging

Huge time saver

Effective for A/B testing of subject lines, messaging, special offers, etc.

Great leadership (I.e. Manny the CEO) who is focused on keeping up with trends and customer feedback

We've had great support and ongoing training on team calls.

They have some SFDC integration capabilities which are valuable.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see continued development of the calling functionality and call recording. For example there is no key word searching in the recorded calls and they could add call evaluations for managers to use it as a feedback tool. Outreach could develop more into a sales automation and analytics platform in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Develop a policy/guidelines for how much content you want your reps to develop vs. leveraging what may be available from Marketing.

Automation of messaging to a wide range of inbound and outbound leads. We've been able to reach and engage with far more people than we would have with writing emails manually. Most reps give up too early on leads and Outreach helps solve that problem.

Willie L.

"Good overall implementation process"

What do you like best?

During the implementation, it was good to have someone to guide us through all the setup. I felt like I was able to ask a lot of questions and have the implementation team review our setup. Having templates are nice to help our Sales Team.

What do you dislike?

There were a few features due to our setup of VOIP and Salesforce that doesn't allow us to properly track our inbound calls. It's been a bit hard to see bot inbound and outbound calls. But that can just be parts of the system being incompatible. It's a bummer that the email template is in only text formatting. Some of our users' signature line in the template.

We just started, and so we're trying to get our Sales team on a cadence. Trying to make sure that we have a set standards for all our inbound leads.

Travis S.

"Streamline your prospecting process"

What do you like best?

We use Salesforce as our CRM and there are no two ways around it, Salesforce is a clunky and slow. Outreach.io provides an easy to use solution were you can quickly call, email, and record without having to deal with the slow and cumbersome Salesforce. I should also mention that Outreach.io has an open api allowing it to update your Salesforce records automatically.

What do you dislike?

Although Outreach.io updates all your information inside Salesforce, it's kinda limited in what information it can pass over. This may be an "we don't have time to set it up" issue on our side but it seems like its a tad limited on the information it pulls over.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are a lot of great emailing/calling/prospecting tools out there, Outreach.io checked off all of our needs. 1.) Salesforce Integration 2.) Quickly call/email/take notes. 3.) Email Sequence capabilities.

Quickly emailing, calling, and tracking potential prospects. With the built in sequence tool as well as how they track your daily tasks, I am able to 2x the outbound efforts.

Greg S.

"Incredible automation for a previous gruesome manual process"

What do you like best?

The best part about Outreach is the email sequence feature. This allows you to completely automate your email process allowing you to focus solely on completing your call tasks.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there is not anything that comes to mind when I think of what I dislike with outreach. The only possible thing I can think of is that sometimes it takes people off a sequence when I receive an automatic 'Out of Office'.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend making the switch over to outreach if your organization is ready to take your marketing/business development efforts to the next level. One thing you do need to consider is that Outreach is a slightly more expensive tool than others in the market, however, you see an incredible ROI once you use it for some time.

I am able to respond and reach out to many more prospects throughout the day which in turn gives me and my organization more opportunities to sell into.

Kira W.

"I couldn't do my job without it, and I love how they are always proactive about improvement!"

What do you like best?

Outreach is a fantastic way to stay organized and make sure I am prospecting as thoroughly as possible. I love how it is highly customizable--I am on the team that creates sequences for our org, and we have the ability to test lots of different methods. In my own personal prospecting and organization, I use SmartViews and tags every day to make sure I target the right people!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are issues with connectivity on the phone, and sometimes aspects of the screen appear blurry. I also can't stand how you can only see 20 tasks at a time in the 360 view now. But Outreach is very responsive and proactive about making the changes that need to be made!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of all the functionality! (specifically tags and smartviews)

I am solving issues with organization and productivity. Without the platform, it would be so hard to manage how many touches certain prospects have had and which prospects I wanted to focus on proactively, just engage, etc. It is also very user-friendly and I love it!

Jason F.

"Great, but room for improvement"

What do you like best?

I like how many options there are for customizing sequences. Times and dates, different action options (new thread, reply, call, task).

The UI is clean and even though it is a little daunting at first it quickly becomes easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you can't edit sequences that already have active prospects. I should be able to re-order or change emails without having to clone a sequence and start a new one. Another issue is that the reporting feature is hard to use. I find it difficult to create a useful report. This is the only confusing part of the platform in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Tailor the product for customers that need to have a large volume of outbound activity (1000+ emails a day)

I use outreach to create new sales opportunities. The benefits I have realized are increased volume in outbound emails due to the ease of automation. I have also benefited by the increased insight in interaction with my emails (number of views and clicks).

Kaleb W.

"Great Product for Sales People"

What do you like best?

It has an awesome, easy to use platform. I really enjoy it's ease of use and ability to create sequences that automate some automatable tasks. Also the email engagement tracking is awesome and you can set specific settings to help you reach out to those people who are most engaged with your emails and responses. Overall the Ease of use is my favorite.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have a great integration with Salesforce. I wish if I took notes in Outreach it would automatically populate into salesforce. Also it has issues sometimes with the calls, there have been problems at least a couple times a montha and it typically takes 2 hours to resolve. So that can be annoying. Also they recently switched up the home page and it is not very customizable. The graphs they used to have were a lot better.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am not sure how good this is in relation to other companies, but I would definitely consider using this platform if are looking for a way to be a better salesman. It allows you to work way more efficiently, you know whether your prospects are viewing your emails and you can easily understand the engagement. It is a super great platform that is really easy to use.

It helps our DSR team be WAY more effective. We were trying to better perform as a team and Outreach enables us to work in a way more efficient manner.

Drew M.

"Outreach is a solid product"

What do you like best?

This solution creates a ton of efficiency in our sales process, as we're able to intelligently automate our outbound prospecting. Having a tool like Outreach or Zenprospect is essential to our ability to hit our sales targets. I've used both products, and while they each out-perform in certain areas, I can confidently recommend either to teams doing outbound sales. One area where outreach has the edge is it's ability to integrate into your calendar and schedule meetings. As of early to mid 2018, Zenprospect had not yet offered that.

What do you dislike?

If you're not on an enterprise plan, the customer support can take a few cycles to get an answer. In the early days of learning the product, I routinely found myself going through multiple back and forth emails just trying to convey the issue I was facing, and at times it felt like I was educating their team on how the product works. They do have a robust knowledge library though, and support has been getting better with time. I wish we also had the ability to identify prospects through this platform. That's one area where Zenprospect wins.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at ZenProspect as well. Both are great products.

We automate our outbound sales process with Outreach. This has dramatically increased our ability to personalize prospecting and follow up in a timely manner, ultimately driving more opportunities and sales. In particular, the ability for our sales team to quantify what messaging is or is not effective is important.

Colton O.

"Outreach for DSR"

What do you like best?

I love the sequences in Outreach it makes it so easy and simple to go after targeted prospects. The way you can customize them for each individual task is perfect for going after different levels and personas of prospects. Being able to manage accounts and tag them for specific campaigns/sequences is great. The way tasks are organized and how you can call straight from the task is awesome. The 360 view is perfect for starting your day off and seeing what you need to complete and where your focus should be whether it's on emails or calls. I like how the tags from salesforce on each contact carry over to Outreach so you know what stage that contact might be in. Also being able to see the activity from previous months and even years is great for new reps starting out or if accounts get switched. Email templates are perfect for campaigns, you can easily make them and use them within each sequence.

What do you dislike?

I wish the sync with Salesforce CRM was better, that can cause problems when updating information on a contact. Sometimes calling from Outreach puts back bad sound and struggles from time to time to connect. I wish you could organize daily tasks by account and focus on each account then move on to the next so your messaging doesn't have to change each call.

Solving the problem of having to prospect manually, the benefits save so much time of manual tasks. If i didn't have Outreach i would only be able to reach out to less than half the prospects I'm currently going after. The benefits are endless with Outreach, you can be as targeted as you'd like or go very broad and prospect into big groups. Solving issues with not being able have organized prospecting for each rep and each account they are going after.

Michael D.

"Great efficiency and organization"

What do you like best?

Outreach has increased efficiency and organization across my team immensely and I'd recommend to any team. I like all the reporting when it comes to open and reply rates. I like how you can do A/B testing to determine which emails are better to use. I like that you can see what is scheduled to go out for the week, month, or even year if you wanted to. I really like the name as well.

What do you dislike?

Sometime the syncing between outreach and other CRM's can have a bit of a lag and sometimes it is hard to filter specific lists. I think overall the platform is solid and only little improvements are needed. I think that the issues that I have are small compared to how much the platform helps me increase my outbound volume. Also, there are some standard settings like how many emails can go out in a day that seem slightly unnecessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None

Efficiency and Organization are the main things that outreach has helped me solve and has been the main benefit for me and my team. I realize that you are able to be much more strategic when you utilize all the functions that are built into the outreach platform. Using only bits and pieces can make it hard to see the true value of the platform and how it's increasing results positively.

Jeheen Mahmood Z.

"My preferred sales tool"

What do you like best?

Outreach has a lot of customization options. I can use any sending mailbox, timing, A/B test and control the pipeline from a lot of different places. This allows for a more flexible management and control. Also, using separate menus for controlling, I can apply very focused adjustments within the campaign.

Their support is great and provides lots of insight. They often share videos and screenshots when discussing a complex issue.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes all the customizing options become a little too overwhelming. The tools and UI feel less intuitive the more you proceed. Their documentation is very good. But it is easy to mess up the campaign unless you are very careful.

The support is sometimes slow to respond. Can not control some user features like adding mailboxes and have to ask support everytime.

The reports are a little difficult to understand, especially they numbers of email ready to go only updates if the are activated in pipeline. Autoactivation of emails are not reflected here.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Read the documentations and dont hesitate to ask for support. They have great people waiting to help you.

I can send cold emails to multiple audiences from different sales channels and using customized approaches. It saves my time. It makes for super easy collaboration between sales reps as well. It is very easy to conduct the full sales process from one place without changing users. Especially temporarily taking over the conversation from a teammate is seamless.

Mac C.

"Global Manager, Account Development"

What do you like best?

Management's ability to track and control all details of the team. More control and analytics than I have seen with other competitors like Inside Sales and Salesloft. Also CSM team and support are A+

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the product is buggy... ie. my team will experience an issue from a bug that can't be tracked back to an error that I can identify (thus cannot bring to csm/support).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're a manager, this tool is absolutely essential.

Tracking and managing disperse team around the world (between SF, Paris, London, China, ANZ) is simplified. Easy to monitor what messaging is working and allows us to bring back to marketing/product. Automation of workflow allows us to continue to scale team and provide easier onboarding. Also provides the ability to track key performance metrics throughout the team.

Erin S.

"Increase productivity, efficiency, and lead qualifications"

What do you like best?

My favorite aspect is calendar functionality, being able to schedule meetings with clients not only with myself, but conference calls with others. It helps qualify leads before we even get them on the phone.

The ability to plug leads into a sequence that includes auto-emails, and have some of the work completed for you while you focus on generating other leads, helps me be more efficient with my time. I love that I can use variables in the auto-emails as well, to ensure the emails still appear personalized for the prospects.

What do you dislike?

My biggest difficulty is the Salesforce integration when there are duplicate email addresses, a Lead has been converted to a Contact, etc.

The benefits are many. You can view if clients are opening emails, and the level of engagement they're having. Analyze which emails and subject lines are getting the most opens, clicks, and responses to improve the quality of emails being sent. I can be more efficient due to the auto-email function, and better qualify leads by allowing them to schedule times for me to give them a call - so the onus of contact is lifted from them, but I know they have some level of interest in speaking with me.

Ryan S.

"Outreach - you had me at sales automation platform"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that we can message consistently, contact comprehensively and track exhaustively. This answers questions that sales people have only ever answered anecdotally in the past. Is my message working? How well is it working? Is one working better than the other? How many times do I have to contact someone before they respond? And so many others. It used to be a guessing game. Now it's science, yo.

Something you cannot put a price on is the quality of the service that you get from this organization. From the minute we deployed this solution, the entire organization has provided us with the training and support that we needed to make this a critical part of our tech stack. You won't find a more earnest, knowledgable group than this customer success team.

They've even gone so far as to offer the opportunity to speak with their PM and dev leaders to discuss product roadmap and other product enhancements. Such a great group to work with and know that we made a tremendous investment.

What do you dislike?

Being a new platform, I've found some inconsistencies in how reporting is done. Some screens cane be improved and functionality added. But those things are minor compared to what's already there.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You won't be able to imagine life without it. One thing to consider in the importance of the content you create. They platform is wonderful, but without dedication to creating and managing your content, you won't get the results you're looking for.

Our onboarding time is so much faster than it used to be. Reps can come in and know on day 1 what messages work and who they should be sending that message to, how frequently and what to communicate in each interaction.

Charles W.

"Business Development Representative"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to customize sequences and easily manage task flow through skipping steps and reassigning due dates. It is also convenient that once a prospect responds via email or a call is completed, they are removed from active sequences. Outreach has been great for my team and I, much better than other tools that have been used in the past.

What do you dislike?

If I had to point out one thing (there is not much I do not like) I would say that having recommendations around when to call/email prospects would be nice. Another feature that could help would be recommendations around effective strategy (subject lines, body paragraphs, etc).

With Outreach my team and I are able to efficiently managed call/email tasks to prospects in our respective territories.

We have found it to be very useful in the automation of this process and easy to customize.

Haden R.

"Best Thing I've Ever Done"

What do you like best?

Outreach took my sales database and gave me a simple and effective way to engage with them. I also really enjoy the user interface. I also appreciate their constant updates, like adding integration with LinkedIn, adding a text feature, etc. They are constantly improving and enhancing the product.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing. It would be nice to be able to use the "outreach text" with my cell phone number, and developing a mobile app would be a bonus as well.

Getting in front of prospects has never been easier. In 2017, I sold $200k in product (before Outreach). In 2018 (with Outreach), I sold $700k in product. I believe this is because I was able to increase my outbound volume by roughly 300%, and sales is a numbers game.

Yuxing (Alice) M.

"Account Manager"

What do you like best?

It could automatically prevent us sending emails to people who has been recently touched by other team members, which could cause confusion and unsatisfiction from clients. Most importantly, it saved me a lot of time to send emails automatically to hundreds of prospects in a few minutes and helped to track their status, if they opened the email or replied to it, from there I can take a more precise action to improve the meeting conversion rate.

What do you dislike?

It can't set the right stage for those who had told us to remove them from the mailing list or had booked the meeting with us, we have to manually change that. Sometimes it's easy to contact the people again who have told us not to send them emails again.

I am able to send emails to a large group of targeted people without any pain

Nick M.

"Powerful tool with a great feature set"

What do you like best?

Outreach makes marketing and cold-emailing very simple. Creating not just a simple email drip campaign, but one that also incorporates call tasks and other 'generic' tasks as well is very helpful for maintaining an efficient and effective workflow. The 'Outreach Everywhere' Chrome extension makes it easier to keep track of prospects from the other platforms you contact them from, like Gmail and SalesForce, while their Gmail bar is very useful for sequencing prospects or replying with a template right from within Gmail. 'Personas' make it easier to connect with prospects in the most relevant way, while their stats and reporting help with keeping track of your business and seeing where your successes and challenges are.

What do you dislike?

While Outreach has a very rich and complex feature-set, this can also be its downfall. Many of the great features that /can/ add a lot of value tend to fail or be buggy, rendering them unusable. Examples include Outreach Everywhere pulling up the 360* view instead of the correct prospect when you are looking at their SFDC contact page or an email chain with the prospect in Gmail. When importing a single .csv with prospects from multiple accounts, the import wizard gives you the option to map these prospects directly to their (already created) accounts in Outreach, but this function has never worked. There is an inability to reorder sequence steps if a prospect has already been through the sequence, meaning if you want to make an improvement you must recreate the sequence and add prospects to a copy of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk to Outreach! I have worked with their support team on a number of occasions in my short tenure here, and while they have not often been able to solve the issues or add the functionalities I was inquiring about, they have gone out of their way to follow up with me and keep me in the loop, as well as giving me background on when I might expect a certain bug fix or functionality add.

In our (SDR) organization, we use Outreach to automatically follow up with inbound leads, perform higher-scale outbounding efforts with Account-Based Sales Development, and drive attendance to regional events. Using Outreach in conjunction with DiscoverOrg's extensive prospect database has helped us reach the right individuals, at the right time, in the right way. One of the great benefits of using Outreach has been the ability to maintain our inbound and outbound contacts in separate CRMs, and view activity histories for prospects that previous SDRs have touched or contacted.

Joe R.

"Can't Imagine my Sales Process Without Outreach"

What do you like best?

First of all, it was easy to setup and get started. I had no problem with syncing my mail server and Salesforce. If another user had a problem, they were able to reach out to our CSM and she would respond very quickly; the mini how-to videos on the site were key as well.

What do you dislike?

There aren't too many things that i dislike about the platform. They are constantly adding a lot of new features and it sometimes gets overwhelming with new things. The bi-weekly touch points with our CSM definitely help.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I honestly can't imagine a salesperson not use Outreach because it's so easy to use and it helps track prospects in an organized manner.

We're able to engage with a lot more leads because of the platform and our conversion rate has increased tremendously. Our sales flow has been streamlined and it helps get our messaging out to way more leads than before.

Jim M.

"Have the conversations that matter. "

What do you like best?

Outreach simplifies so many of the day-to-day interactions my team needs to have with our customers. My reps are more productive and have built in guidance around next steps for clients. Its an incredibly powerful tool for new agents and veterans alike. The system ensures that my emails reach the right people without a lot of bounces or blacklisting. That alone was a major improvement over gmail and Salesforce.

As the operations manager for my company, I can say that this was the most thorough set up process I've had from any vendor. This was followed by one of the best Account Managers I've ever had. It's one thing to get this system up and running but a whole other to have the AM walk me through adoption and usability concerns from my reps. Best AM I've ever had.

What do you dislike?

It can be tricky to get reps that are resistant to technology onboard with something like this. It took me nearly a year to crack one of my teams. However, once they saw my other teams using it, they increasingly want a shot at it as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you are giving ample attention to internal adoption. Owning a wrench doesn't make you a mechanic. This is not a system you can turn on and forget, you have to sell it internally. Find your champions and promote the hell out of it. Lean on your Account Manager for internal training and demos.

It's easier to onboard people when you can hand them an entire tool set for communication.

I know which messages/subjects/audiences are responding even at the rep by rep level. That's incredible.

Many of my reps have switched most of their reminders and tasks over to the system.

I've generated leads from green territory with minimal efforts from my reps. My first Outside Sales rep to try it got 8 fresh leads from 40 prospects. She could have done it on her own but Outreach made it simple and also let me track it.

This is just to name a few.

Brian S.

"#1 in Our Sales Tech Stack"

What do you like best?

Outreach makes each rep on our team more productive. We really couldn't operate without it. Our SDRs live in Outreach but our AEs live in Gmail. So, the Gmail integration is one of the most valuable features for us. We don't have to change the way we prefer to work to use Outreach.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any complaints about the app. I do have trouble getting their billing department to respond promptly to my emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Outreach has a ton of functionality. Your employees may feel a bit overwhelmed at first so I would recommend introducing just the basic features in week 1 and add on additional feature training as the weeks go on.

Outreach is like an operating system for our SDRs. They create a sequence, add prospects, and then outreach queues up the activities that the SDR needs to complete each day. Outreach allows us to prospect more efficiently. The more activities we can complete the greater likelihood we have to be successful.

Samantha L.

"Outreach for Sales Management - Absolute Must! "

What do you like best?

We have a sales department of about 10 using Outreach and it has dramatically assisted in optimizing our sales automation. Being an admin and evaluating Outreach from the start, the set up and integration to our existing stacks was not only seamless, but our Outreach CSM was there every step of the way to assist. Following our initial setup, our CSM (Customer Success Manager) has been beyond responsive and attentive to our needs, meeting with us as frequent as necessary. From implementation to now fully using the tool, Outreach has been crucial in our increased success and I would never go back to not having it in our sales stack. It has allowed automation and assistance from everyone in business development, to outside sales, to inside sales.

What do you dislike?

Not much to say here! Outreach is growing, if there is something you dislike or a feature or function you need, their support and product team will work on road mapping to make it happen.

Outreach is helping us with automation and follow up. Our sales force is able to focus on selling and helping existing customers while Outreach assists them in reaching new accounts, following up, and prioritizing their day.

Brandan C.

"SDR using Outreach to improve efficiency and increase success"

What do you like best?

I really like the ease of importing and putting prospects into sequence and then managing communication: calls, emails, follow-up is very easy to do! We were using SalesLoft previously and had difficulty reaching prospects because our emails got flagged as spam. Outreach definitely increased our open rates, and Outreach Voice was a huge upgrade over our current system.

If we ran into any challenges, the support team was very helpful and responded quickly.

What do you dislike?

-Sync with SalesForce caused some API issues with saving notes. We had several tools feeding in at once that made it challenging to update sometimes.

-Couldn't update order of a Sequence with prospects in it.

-Reporting. Would be nice to see expanded reporting features: highlighting the best times for the team to reach out/send e-mail based on open rates, call connection rate, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a tool that will provide: improved visibility on prospects and metrics, as well as ease of use/sequencing and great call quality--Outreach is definitely the right tool!

Outreach has allowed us to more quickly and consistently reach our prospects via phone and email. The sequences keep the SDR team organized and communicating at the correct time and the follow-ups ensure you don't miss anything.

Since moving to Outreach, we saw an increase in: calls and both set and attended meetings. Outreach definitely helped our team go to the next level of productivity.

Andrew C.

"Outreach is an all-encompassing Sales platform that is a onestop shop for all areas in Sales. "

What do you like best?

Best features:

- Easy to find news updates for Accounts

- Ability to easily access prospects twitter for up to date information

- Ability to create tasks in a couple of seconds and to execute based on priority

- A great tool that is the ultimate compliment to Salesforce (and ability to sync)

- Great visual stats on all KPI's for Sales efforts i.e. Emails:opens, reply, NA, bounces & Calls: NA, LVM

- Easy upload Leads from Salesforce (via Lead Reports), and CSV files

- Intuitive ability to analyze all inbound/outbound efforts from an individual perspective, to our entire team

What do you dislike?

Difficulties / Opportunities for Outreach:

- Not a very intuitive way to easily select all leads (over 50) to upload into a specific sequence, and edit/remove attendees from a sequence

- Aside from tagging leads by upload, difficult to manage leads across multiple sequences (i.e. remove, add to others, etc.)

- A lot of opportunities to be had with filter capabilities on Lead views

- Some call issues with their VOIP network, although this issue was stated up front, and they provide an easy platform to bridge your cell phone and alleviate taking bandwidth from our company internet & wifi sources across the building

- Outreach will only pull in Specific Lead Reports. There is some opportunity here to expand on that (i.e. Reports only pull in Salesforce Lead info saved in "Unfiled Reports" and require that it be summarized by all leads, by all time)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great tool, once you know how to use it. There are a lot of features, and nuances that are more advanced than other tools. Plan for a few weeks of getting used to this aspect from a training and ramp perspective and your sales organization will soar.

As a Enterprise Business Representative, and a current customer of Outreach, we've filtered through about 4 Email/Call/Marketing Tools for our company which is constantly growing. Outreach seemingly has blown all out of the water, not only in the level of customer service and the ability to schedule 1:1 time with a customer success manager for administrative help or troubleshooting, AND training. We've seen call numbers soar, as Outreach continues to improve, and Outreach has been a key tool in tracking email data and lead upload information across our entire organization. I'm looking forward to watching Outreach continue to build and improve it's software, and seeing new ways to visualize our sales data and outbound/inbound efforts across our SDR Team.

Victoria L.

"Reach Clients/Track Emails/Organize Prospects Efficiently/Receive Amazing Customer Support!!"

What do you like best?

With any question I have I use the chat button and receive answers from a real person almost instantly. They are very helpful and always respond very quickly.

They have advanced searching options I wasn't initially aware of, but I now use on a daily bases to search through my funnel and manage my prospects.

I use tags to organize the prospects in my funnel and it has been a game changer.

I use their smart views to save my important searches so that I can pull them up at anytime.

Overall AMAZING!

What do you dislike?

I am currently waiting on better better mapping between Salesforce and Outreach. We have all the necessary information, but if I was able to search by any field I would find it to be more useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It has been a game changer. When you make the implementation in your business make sure that you are using the chat button for any questions. Everything you could want to do is simple and straight forward. There support videos and straight to the point and short. Not drug out like some others you come across.

I have everything in one place. I am reaching my clients and staying organized.

Douglas T.

"Huge time saver!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can create and automate the sending of single and multi-step sequences to my contacts. I'm a Sales Account Executive, and having this automation and control of when emails are sent, allows me to concentrate on my day-to-day responsibilities, while Outreach is working for me in the background. It's like having a full-time SDR working for me. Generating leads with minimal effort!

What do you dislike?

The initial learning curve was difficult. Especially getting Outreach to sync up with my Outlook. With a little back and forth with support, we got it figured out.

Also, every time I change my general company login password, Outreach prompts you that you've lost connection, and it requires a password update as well. Small hassle...all things considered.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Utilize Outreach support. If you don't, you'll get frustrated.

I'm able to reach more accounts, with minimal effort.

I'm generating higher quality leads, which leads to better close rates.

I'm reaching smaller accounts/contacts with Outreach automation, that I typically wouldn't reach out to manually.

Joseph M.

"Skyrocketed our SDR efforts/Overall efficiency increases"

What do you like best?

Top uses:

1.) Sequences with automated reply threads when there is no response. Easily quadruples (or how every many is setup) touch points per prospect without need to send additional emails manually.

2.) Better sales task management. Previously used task management in salesforce. This was great but Outreach allows a real-time activity log to show past interactions on one page. I can run custom task list to execute on to stay on track with higher priority prospects.

3.) Next level call management. Outreach Voice enables us to track/report on number of calls easily (instead of in salesforce which would have had to be created as separate call tasks which is tedious). We also use the local dialer phone bridge that allows us to call a prospect from a number that has their area code. This makes it more likely for them to pick up.

4.) Various efficiency increases. We now have a comprehensive shareable email template library with answers to objections, no-reply one-offs, past campaign emails, etc. Tagging prospects is a lot quicker and easier then dealing with it in salesforce.

5.) Deeper touch point reporting. Before outreach, number of calls, emails, and LI tasks per sales rep was not being tracked. Now we are tracking this to ensure we are meeting activity goals.

What do you dislike?

Reporting/advanced search is a bit difficult to figure out when getting data on true touch points, opportunity rates, prospect counts based on criteria, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Outreach has the best ROI for SDR activities.

Biggest benefit is the increased touch points in email based cold prospecting in order to get a reply. Others are task management for high volume pipeline, on boarding new sales with set standards/practices, calls with dialer, etc. as noted above.

David T.