Oracle Responsys Reviews & Product Details

Web Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

DATA MODEL

Responsys offers a relational database structure, very useful to store all the information you need.

There are basically 3 categories of tables:

- the main Contacts List, where you tipically store static information about your users (email, name, country...)

- Profile Extension Tables (PETs), where you store additional information related to the aforementioned users, in a 1:1 relation. Tipically, you use them to store more dynamic information, like marketing preferences

- Supplemental Tables, where you can store information both in a 1:N relation with the Contact List, or even without any relation. The classic example is a catalog table, where you store all the data about your products

In Responsys, you can use the classic Filters or even SQL views, to extract data from these tables, for example to create a specific audience.

You can set up and schedule jobs to import/export data from/to the external FTP server provided to you when you activate a Responsys account.

CAMPAIGN CREATION

The campaign editor offers a great functionality called "dynamic content regions", that means you can create only one campaign, but personalize the content based on some list field (for example, 1 campaign with 10 languages, instead of having to create 10 different campaigns).

AUTOMATIONS

The automation (which are called Programs) editor is a very easy-to-use drag and drop canvas, with a large variety of switches, timers and conditions to be matched in order to proceed along one path or another. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The integration process with the ecommerce is a bit tricky, and you will definitely need a skilled developer.

Moreover, if you have both an Oracle Responsys account and an Oracle Commerce Cloud ecommerce, you will need a third billable Oracle prodcut to integrate them and take advantage of the possibility to have all the orders/products data synced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The platform is an Oracle product, it is expensive and a bit tricky to learn in depth, but if you have a large amount of data available and want to make the best out of it, creating automations, personalized campaigns, and different user experiences, tailored for every contact you have, Responsys might be the right choice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One problem we solved was the need to create N campaigns if you have to manage N possible values of a variable (the classic example is the user country/language), when using a different email marketing platform. With Responsys, instead, you can create one single campaign and personalize it dynamically.

Another benefit is the possibility to create very complex automations, with tons of different paths, that will lead to an extra revenue without doing almost anything, after the first setup, which will require the larger una-tantum effort, and obviously some maintenance to keep track of how the program is performing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Oracle Responsys Overview

What is Oracle Responsys?

Oracle's Responsys Interact Marketing Cloud helps brands manage their digital relationships and deliver the right marketing to their customers across email, mobile, social, display & the web.

Oracle Responsys Details

The Responsys Interact Marketing Cloud helps brands manage their digital relationships and deliver the right marketing to their customers across email, mobile, social, display & the web.

Oracle
$39,506
@Oracle
186,456 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Oracle Corporation develops, manufactures, markets, hosts, and supports database and middleware software, applications software, and hardware systems.

Oracle Responsys Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Oracle Responsys community
Have you used Oracle Responsys before?

Oracle Responsys Reviews

Showing 101 Oracle Responsys reviews
Already have Oracle Responsys?
What do you like best?

I can do almost anything at a large scale. I can engineer new solutions by any means needed such as creating form webhooks, filters, logic, automated programs, AB testing, personalization Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike the most by far, is the My Oracle Support service. They rarely provide actionable\understandable solutions. If you have an issue that has to do with some more advanced operations, you're completely on your own and at the mercy of Oracle Responsys docs (which aren't all 100% up to date). Sadly, sometimes this is the case with simple issues. Also, they tend to just close tickets without waiting for your approval.

Native integrations with other apps hardly exist. We have to find creative ways to integrate with other products (which is possible if you know your way around the software).

If not for their support services, I'd rate the product 9/10. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need an email\sms operational powerhouse automation system with allot of technical & operational capabilities, this is definitely something to look into. Though, if UI and support is important (which at times it very much is), maybe look at other products two. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Can host all data from other platforms in Responsys (almost mirroring the BI).

Extremely personalized email marketing campaigns + ongoing transactional activity.

Cross channel orchestration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Email Marketing Specailist
What do you like best?

I like the Program feature the best as it allows me set up and automate multiple email campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the Oracle Support team as they are slow to respond, always in completely different time zones, and usually require a ton of information to answer even the simplest question. Also, you can't really ask the support team if you're doing something the best possible way. Oracle Support rarely gives a straightforward answer or resolution to tickets in my experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have realized that Program is the best way to set up and automate groups of campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Oracle Responsys
Administration Assistant
Retail
What do you like best?

What I love about this software are the tools available within Eloqua that allow us to direct our messages to the correct market segments, and ensures that we can delete the email addresses that have already received a marketing message from us on a given day and that They have unsubscribed through subscription management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can say with confidence that there is nothing that upsets or bothers me about this software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend to any colleague is to work externally with an official partner of this software internally with an experienced marketing manager of ORACLE to successfully implement throughout your company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use this software as a complete fledge automation tool for all email and RSVP event campaigns. In addition, we synchronize it with our CRM so that new contacts are added to the system automatically. It has solved practically all the problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Responsys account services are great, as we leverage many other OMC products such as BlueKai. Without our account team, it'd be quite impossible to wrangle all of the moving parts together. Downtimes are rare and rarely affect Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI is not intuitive. We have an internal teams building out emails and some things can slip through the cracks due to an interface remnicscent of Windows 95. Furthermore, implementing new add-ons can be a drawn out process from contract negotiation to execution since Oracle acquires new features and products then integrate them to the Responsys platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to leverage Responsys for the data that we collect about our subscribers, which have become our most valued customers. Additionally, we're able to leverage customer data we collect from other first party channels in a relatively easy manner by appending supplemental info to our Responsys tables. This has allowed us to enhance personalization through audience segmentation and content completely in-house. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AT
What do you like best?

Responsys is able to build out complex triggered automations and utilize personalization and conditional content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The folder system, the difficult to use interface, the bugs and non-intuitive nature of the product.The push tool seems archaic. The interface could definitely use an update. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

N/A Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Emial integration from template to dynamic value is done very nicely Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It own predefined functions are negative point Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good support and very nice to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Email integration and sending in lots is very good. One click and mails get sent. Also integration with notification server is easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

It has so many features, you never stop learning. From triggered reports to creating programs to the proofing feature, it’s a machine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A lot of errors with the push messaging feature. You’d think they can update it better with newer apps and website to keep up with the SDK developers keep producing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The push messages have been a problem, but the reporting feature is nice. A lot of filters to use to create and refine data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I like the ability to use dynamic content. It is pretty simple and straight forward. My favorite thing in the last year has been the split screen message designer. I can see my code and how the email renders all in one screen. I also think that the programs section is pretty simple to set up with nodes. The throw and catch feature was a nice, relatively-recent addition Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

sending push notifications! I basically have to duplicate my work since i need to create test PET, filters, programs just for internal employees to test things. There is no proof launch I can just send myself. I also find forms to be very confusing and not straight forward. I also do not like that when you do a filter count, it gives you an estimation and then you have to get the real count afterward. The estimations vary wildly from +/- 80% to a few percentage points. I wish there was a way to just count the filter fully from the beginning. Lastly, In the link tracking tables and for checking where a campaigns content is buried, I wish the link and content stream appeared for more than about 2-3 seconds when I hover over it to get a preview Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great way to set up email sends but push and SMS aren't as easy to deploy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

sending email, push and sms communications to our customers. We have triggered, transaction and ad-hoc sends that we need to have reach customers on a reliable and consistent basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Email Marketing Manager
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I like how robust the system is to be able to identify our audience needs, as well as the new campaign message platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The difficulty in finding images within the hosted content (folders would be ideal). Also, the lack of support from Oracle Support and having to message solely through that platform. Maybe could use ZenDesk and allow your users to have those conversations via email? I also wish the support team would be a bit more supportive - I end up solving most issues myself rather than wasting time explaining my situation in various ways. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Onboarding audiences, delivering optimal messaging based on user attributes, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I like how much easier it is to see all the responses from my team! Before we were using google sheets and it was a nightmare. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Could be nice to have a better mobile experience, seems a bit focused on the web. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Much easier than Google Sheets! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Email Marketing Specialist
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I love that responsys has so many capabilities and different avenues to get end results. I know there are many other things that I still have the opportunity to learn Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A lot of the platform isn't intuitive. There are weird errors that happen: such as not being able to preview an email if you have an additional space. Or, requiring two columns for email address when uploading a PET table. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Encouraging users to be more active on our platform and engage. We have found personalization and automation as a key benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

marketing manager
What do you like best?

What I like the best is that I can send millions of emails within minutes, everything is reliable and works great. The filters, the HTMLs, the SQL etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is the fact that I cant send a proof for specific users. Sometimes I want to double check how a specific user would see my email but unfortunately I am not able to do that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use to send email marketing campaigns everyday. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager of Technical Services
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

The platform is easy to use and promote. It also has the flexibility to support advanced solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The assumption that every marketer is at the orchestration level to work with the advance product features and integrations. Develop more white papers and case studies and make the Top Liners community more robust. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm a consultant so all. The platform has easy concepts to teach to clients and improve their experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

We find Reponsys to be much more user friendly than some of the competitors. There are so many great ways to set up programs and tie emails together with SMS that we find very valuable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Support can be lacking. I feel as though they use a canned list of responses and don't actually take into account what the customer has decribed in the ticket. We also manage 13 brands and having to log in and out of Responsys is a huge pain and waste of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lifecyle journeys - and we are working towards more relevant content to the right person. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Success Coordinator
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Responsys is a really complete platform in terms of technology and integration. The best functionality regarding the power of customization and automating is the connect jobs that allows the client to input data in the platform ecosystem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Many of the features are not default, so we have to either buy or ask Oracle to unlock them in the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All the digital orchestration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Focused product, with most weight to use in B2C Easy to use, but customized setup within the various customers will create transition problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not so much a dislike, but there are more user friendly tools. Another point is the certification of experts: there is really no understandable reason to do this every year than money, which start to become a major issue in cost, while competitors offer free refresh courses with certifications which are of longer duration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Making sensible marketing automation possible. Reaching potential customers with relevant information. Engaging customers after events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

What I like most utilizing Responsys is the RPL capabilities. Though so much to still learn I like the fact that I am not limited to what rules I can create. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a bigger learning curve to use the tool however that is also what makes it a great tool. Some things could also be a bit buggy and when being replicated by a Support Tech it is hard for them to pinpoint the issue, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sending personalized messages. Also, implementing SMS into our communications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Publicist
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Usability, flexibility, programs are the highlights for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Event data is not exposed in platform, not a good view of activities for a single customer Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Flexibility, speed, platform reliability and ability to execute complex personalizations. We are working on all of it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client Insights Manager
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Very complete in terms of use of data e lifecycle building. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is not user friendilly, demands a few tecnical skills wich implies in barriers to teams among comapnies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Automation starategy. Responsys have been vary usefull to data analysis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Robust platform able to deploy large number of emails in a short period of time. Program builder is a great tool that allows us to create smart, highly targeted programs to our customers and prospects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Application is not overly user friendly, takes a fair amount of tech expertise to use. Reporting capabilities out of the box are lacking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of Responsys professional services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Email marketing/ marketing automation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr CRM Channel Manager
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Ease of use and building campaigns throughout Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

has a longer learning curve for figuring out how to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

able to create business value through email Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

The number of different features and the functionality that Responsys provides for our marketing and transactional email campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Because of the complexity of Responsys, it frequently has long load times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use responsys to deploy transactional emails for actions taken on our website. It is a great tool and being able to automate email programs is a huge benefit Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

The ability to develop custom data driven emails was very powerful. The solution allowed us to create thousands of unique emails sent multiple times per week to over 2M email list members. Also, the behavioral reporting, A/B testing, and custom fields provided a platform for optimizing each send. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't used the product in a few years but at the time was very disappointed in the lack of interfaces for this solution. Not being able to integrate with a CRM solution, including the Oracle Marketing CRM solutions, was a serious detraction. Additionally, the REST API did not use standard authentication. So developing an interface in Zapier or other connection tools was impossible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check the interfaces before buying. Just calling it Enterprise doesn't make it so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Custom email delivery to over 2M members. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Responsys Strategist
What do you like best?

The fact that as a marketer, I have the ability to create 3 different types of databases to hold customer info and I have full access to that data at any time is invaluable. "Set Data" and "Get Data" are very underutilized features of this tool where marketers can update any of those databases automatically based on consumer actions. Salesforce, YesMail, and other platforms either don't give access to databases to the marketing team, or they don't have any databases. This causes marketing teams to be dependent upon a Business Intelligence team to build lists, etc. and most of your time is spent putting together campaigns instead of automating and analyzing. The most important key to this platform and making it successful is getting data into the system, and in what database you place it in. Make sure you pay attention to the functionality of all three databases and you're mapping data accordingly. This will make or break the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are quirks to this platform, as would be expected of any enterprise solution. RPL is a language that can be used to program emails. However, Responsys doesn't tell you that RPL cannot be used in Forms to submit data until you reach out to Support and they give you the programming language you'll need. Why an issue like this exists is unexplainable and can be very frustrating when building. Also, the training for this product is very underwhelming. You can go to a 3rd party like Shaw + Scott, and it won't make any difference. This is the main reason the product is so misunderstood. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This platform is ONLY to be used by companies who are marketing-centric. Sadly, most places I consult allow the Business Intelligence team to control marketing. For those companies, Salesforce makes more sense. That is a batch-and-blast system that makes sense in the business intelligence driven world. However, if you're a company that is dedicated to marketing, who has a person/team dedicated to email who is self-motivated, this is the only platform to use. Your learning curve for content that resonates with your clients, etc. will be so much shorter and more aggressive in Responsys than any platform out there because you'll spend much more time analyzing and much less time building. You'll have to retrain your mind to work in a situation-centric mind frame instead of an individual driven marketing world (building lists). This is the most mis-understood ESP on the market and sadly most clients don't even come close to utilizing the system because they haven't been shown why it is so powerful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefits are countless. I work at Accenture and have helped many clients in multiple verticals optimize this product. They have abandoned cart, confirmation email, SMS, MMS, display, and other automated functions that can be utilized. Sadly, most people don't understand the power of this tool. I've been using it since 2011 and it takes time, practice, and a change in perspective for most people and how they go about doing email. If you embrace the power of the tool and dedicate a marketing person to this platform, the possibilities are endless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Responsys Platform, Responsys reps and how it interacts with other software and technology Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Oracle and trying to sell me EVERYTHING! Also, the invoicing and the number of logins needed to just run you email programs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Email marketing and going international with multiple languages. Sending email marketing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.