Very capable and robust architecture that makes Mediabin a very usable enterprise solution for enterprise scale management of digital assets (including rich media). Scale out can be achieved to handle higher loads and numbers of assets with very little down time.
Limited ability to customize the User interface. Not all capabilities from earlier earlier versions client have been included in newly developed client. With time this should be addressed by vendor.
Would recommend that you start with a two node cluster if you are going to store rich media (video, audio).
Architect your solution to scale out as asset volumes grow.
- Digital assets were scattered throughout the enterprise with no consistent way to manage them or share them. -
- No standard manner to manage metadata or use metadata.
- Duplicate purchase of assets
- Limited sharing of digital assets
Once Mediabin was implemented:
- There was one enterprise repository for all digital assets for users to utilize these assets
- Consistent definition of metadata
- Ability to use metadata easily
- Cost savings for reducing duplicate digital asset purchases
- Sharing of assets greatly increased