OneLogin Reviews & Product Details

Adjunct Instructor
Higher Education
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to protect enterprise applications by leveraging SSO and OneLogin's MFA capabilities. There are so many pre-configured applications that do all the legwork for you, that you don't have to wrestle with the XML metadata files. Even when you are using an app that is not part of their pre-configured app catalog, they are incredibly responsive to adding it into the catalog. They also provide a mechanism where you can manually setup a SAML integration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Mapping rules can get scary when you have complex logic you are trying to maintain. The mapping rules' simplicity is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, it doesn't take a lot of brain-power to figure out what each individual rule does, but if you are looking to have complex branching logic, it is a little like programming in assembly: doable, rock solid when you do it right, but difficult to trace through at times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

OneLogin understands the needs of higher education. They recognize the need to partner with their users to continually improve the product. They make every decision with security as a priority concern. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Unified identity, user provisioning, and account security were the three main problems that OneLogin has solved for us. We have reduced our account compromises by an order of magnitude since adopting mandatory MFA for all our accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OneLogin Overview

What is OneLogin?

OneLogin simplifies identity management with secure, one-click access, for employees, customers and partners, through all device types, to all enterprise cloud and on-premises applications. OneLogin enables IT identity policy enforcement, and instantly disables app access for employees who leave or change roles in real time by removing them from Active Directory. Take control over application access, quickly on- and off-board team members, and provide end users with easy access to all their apps on every device. Extend your on-premises security model to the cloud in minutes. Eliminate the pain and expense of extensive identity policy management. OneLogin reduces identity infrastructure costs and complex integration project for each new app and efficiently extends identity policy to the cloud. OneLogin eliminates the need for lengthy integration and provisioning projects, manual de-provisioning, protracted on- and off-boarding processes, username and password resets, and Shadow IT policing.

OneLogin Details

Extend enterprise security & compliance to all public and private cloud apps with secure single sign-on (SSO), multi-factor authentication & user provisioning.

OneLogin

OneLogin Screenshots

OneLogin Reviews

Showing 183 OneLogin reviews
Already have OneLogin?
What do you like best?

The best part about OneLogin is their responsive customer support. We usually don't have too many issues that require support, but if we ever have configuration questions - they are always quick to our rescue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't run into anything significant to mention as a dislike about OneLogin. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

OneLogin is better than Okta and way easier to use than Google SSO. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use OneLogin for convenience for our end-users and enhanced security. Our users now have a single pane of glass, the OneLogin Portal, where they can access all of their apps, instead of having to bookmark each app individually. In addition to a single portal to access all apps, our users don't have to remember a password for each individual app. This also helps with our security posture as OneLogin is secure and there are no longer dozens of individual passwords that could be compromised for one-off applications. Another huge benefit is provisioning and automation. OneLogin integrates with multiple other services such as Active Directory and BetterCloud to help us automate user onboarding and off-boarding, saving us hundreds of hours of Help Desk time per year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Aside from the product working well, it is always a pleasure working with OneLogin staff. They are very helpful with resolving issues or implementing new features to facilitate business needs. I would definitely recommend them for any business who has the need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Had to think about this one for a few, I guess the only thing that bugs me is sometimes when I delete a user I forget to first remove its associations! This causes the user to remain on status "deleting" until I remember to go back and disassociate. Not really a show stopper and mostly my fault for forgetting! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time, read all the things, consult with OneLogin staff they're a BIG help! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OneLogin creates a more simple environment for our users having a centralized location for logging into apps. This also greatly increases security by removing the need to remember/rotate passwords for many things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use with the product. AD connector easy to configure and bring in your users, then organise them into groups using the automation so users have access to the right applications (cloud and on-premise).

Works in real time so ideal for the new starter/mover/leaver process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The creation flow could be smoother maybe using a wizard to drive the OL engine. That said, following the features through the menu isn’t all that difficult. More of a nice to have, if anything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OneLogin is solving for eliminating the need to remember lots of different passwords thanks to safe, secure single sign-on. It provides a secure path to my applications and also enables me to provision applications.

The ability to be able to provision hundreds of users instead of individually doing so (eg O365) means that time can be spent on more important tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of IT
What do you like best?

Mappings and Rules based automations for connectors which has provisioning support. These made it possible for us to automate almost all of our onboarding/offboarding actions which is a huge deal. Automations saves time and minimize human error factor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Event Logs needs to be improved. Some really important actions are not logged or at least there is not a feature on the UI to see those logs. If you develope something on your own by using their API then you can pull these events. OneLogin needs to implement a comprehensive event log in their UI for admins. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a great platform for your IAM needs. They have great customer support and very engaged with their customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Single Sign on which is improving the user experience, Authentication Security hardened with MFA, Rule based automations to saving time and minimizing human error. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how I can easily login to all the apps I need in my day to day without having to remember thousands of passwords! Such a timesaver.

In the past, I would have to remember or have a notebook with all the passwords that I used for every single software. I would be scared to forget and then if a password was requested to be updated, I would have to write it down and fix it in my notebook- just a lot of hassle. So glad for One Login!

I also like how there is that logo that is at the very top - right by your browser- makes it super easy to find! Then when you click on that logo, you can find your most used apps as well as reccomended apps. There were some nifty ones that I was not even aware of that I'm so glad I saw!

Otherwise, if you want to browse, there is a search bar where you can search through the apps.

Easy and simple interface- nothing too hard- takes probably about 5 minutes tops to familiarize yourself with how to use One Login. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I get locked out of it and that means that I can't access any of the applications that I need for the day. I think one time I had to get IT to get me unlocked, but I guess it wasn't anything too crazy- just took about 10 minutes.

One thing though with OneLogin- speaking of getting locked out- one time I completely got confused with my password and I think I put an extra character or I don't think I remember what it was- my computer normally auto-saves all passwords but the new device I was on did not have the auto saved password. So I end up typing the wrong one and I think after 3 tries it locked me out- yikes! Very strict and no password reminder, etc. I guess that could be good but.. also I think that can be avoided if we can see the password we are typing in.

Just recently One Login caused one of my software that I'm using to sort of malfunction. I can't open it by itself even when I'm logged into One Login. I have to physically go to One Login and click on it.

Lastly, One Login is linked to Duo so you better have your phone on you if you run into that prompt! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great timesaver. Remembers all your passwords with just one login. :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it for time saving. Our days are busy handling inbound phone volume and we handle a lot of software each day while on the phones. It would really take too much of the customer time if we have to open each program one by one on calls and remember login info. This makes calls more efficient and it just makes our day to day more efficient too. It also means I don't have to show up early to login to all my programs. Nifty tool! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Admin side:

-Simple connector setup for directory integration

-The ease of deployment for new apps

-Ability to set roles and scope tiles to them so that onboarding and new account set up is streamlined

-Account editing is a breeze

User side:

-Intuitive system that even our elementary school students can navigate easily Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

-On the user side, OneLogin does require a modicum of computer literacy, which can lead to support issues with users who are less technically advanced.

-The required use of an extension presents an issue when we're supporting parents who use work provided laptops, as a lot of the time extension downloads are restricted for them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Evaluate the computer literacy of your users beforehand, otherwise it can be more of a headache than a help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main benefit is ease of use for our parents and students. Especially for the children in middle school and below. Having a centralized hub with all of the applications and resources they need is invaluable and saves time for us and for the teachers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

The platform makes sense. Everything is laid out in a logical fashion, and the data flows are well documented. Support is fantastic to work with and will provide you with a response in good time. OneLogin is responsive to their customers, and works constantly to add value to an already awesome product. Their app catalog is incredibly extensive, and they are always up to the challenge for creating new apps. I have yet to come across a SaaS/PaaS platform I can not protect with OneLogin. The newest addition of application specific rules for all apps was amazing. It allows us to put complex data decisions where they belong, instead of shoehorning them into global mapping rules and custom fields. Logging is detailed and allows us to get to the basics of a login issue very quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Mapping rules can get confusingly complex at times, as the comparison functions are still relatively limited, and there is no grouping for conditions to provide complex boolean evaluations, so you end up needing to build out more rules than maybe you would like to in order to get your desired end result. The other thing is that for AD integration there is no great way of forcing a sync to/from AD for a single user from the OneLogin console. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

OneLogin is worth a look if you are in the market for a new SSO or IAM platform. Even if you are not, this platform is worth following as they are poised to start setting trends in their space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We solved our lack of coherent SSO and MFA protection of hosted apps. OneLogin helps us with on-boarding and off-boarding both our students and our employees. We have streamlined and simplified account provisioning, and have increased our user bases self-service capability immensley. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Getting setup was very easy and quick. The thousands of pre-existing connectors made it extremely to deploy. And when we needed some custom connectors built the support team was super awesome and had them ready within a few days!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The admin dashboard could show some more insights into our users and usage.

e.g active users in last 30 days, most used apps, possible recent security events to be reviewed, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They are an awesome team with brilliant support specialists.

Note: if you need a custom connector built you can request this connecter be built before you sign any binding contracts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Single sign-on with legacy applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Digital & Information Technology
What do you like best?

The product is so very complex but at the same time very simple to manage. The number of options that are available make life much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing until now. Maybe to refer to the lack of free certified training Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Removing the authentication issues with an array of custom applications that introduced problems as operations grew more complex.

OneLogin enabled us to create a single, secure entry point to applications while enabling our member firms to keep their local compliance measures in place Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Presales Director
What do you like best?

OneLogin has a vast array of prebuilt integrations whit most common business apps. Easy configuration process and the services are great. Consultants have great knowledge and are results oriented. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Maybe some customization features beyond the SSO screen will be welcome, but not essential. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This solution is easy to install and has a great service support.It covers all the integrations We needed and allow Us to customize some business oriented requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Single Sign-on with MFA, Identity and Access management, provisioning automation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The simplicity of implementing the solution Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I don't like, but if you really want to look for a flaw, the need to approve the certificate within the browser when using OneLogin Desktop Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fantastic solution that reduces the time spent on manual tasks by IT, with great benefit for end users and for the IT security. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Monitor access and manage shared credentials for all portals, users provisioning and deprovisioning and MFA management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Using OneLogin makes IM simple and easy.

It creates accounts in seconds and allows for user account deployment in minutes.

All in all, it makes IM a piece of cake. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The admin portal could host a few more features such as:

- New license request

- Better reporting

- Better way of sharing secure notes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for an Identity Management tool, a provider that allows for simple and easy management and is cost-effective, OneLogin is your go to tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes our work environment secure and simple to manage.

It allows for speedy deployment of new user profiles in a simple secure manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Systems Manager
What do you like best?

Being able to deploy new services with out the need to create a new account for each person. Users only have one username and password to remember. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not all software is on onelogin and some is only forms based. It would be good to try and push all companies to use SAML Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure what you want to use it for uses SAML otherwise the user or admin would have to enter details for each person. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Making onboarding easier and quicker with provisioning. One password for all services male users lives easier along with MFA and less calls to the help desk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AG
What do you like best?

Service appears to be very fast and responsive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sales staff is very difficult to get a hold of if you want to add or change features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Onelogin is a great service that is easy to implement and works very well. There are some limitations as to what it can do however, so be sure to walk-through your use case thoroughly with the sales team to be sure it fits your needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No problems. Has allowed us to provide access to resources with a heightened level of security without having to punch holes in our firewall to do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

SSO which enables me to use the same user name and password to be user on a integrated apps Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I need to re-enter the username which I already entered on first screen/UI of the cloud App or internal App Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is one of the simplest and most effective UAM tool in the market and a must have for any company’s digital transformation and cloud journey Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SSO, unified access and controlling access based on context of user.

Visibility into user access and reporting at different times of day and for each app which helps in capacity planning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT System Administrator
What do you like best?

Great support, documentation and resources available! OneLogin's account support team is on top of checking in on us to make sure everything continues to go smoothly with quarterly meetings. During these meetings they go over our OneLogin account and keep us up to date on what OneLogin has planned for future releases, they go over any support tickets we have submitted, and answer any questions we might have. We appreciate all of their communication, it's top notch! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some outdated app configurations in the app catalog can be confusing, but this is being cleaned up. Can be overwhelmed with options, but their documentation is quite good. Can be tricky to find release notes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give them a shot, they've been nothing but helpful for our organization! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our organization has been using OneLogin for SSO for a number of applications in our enterprise, and once it's set up it just works. That's the least you can ask for from a technology company! The account support team is very quick to respond if we ever have issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Competetive SAML solution, excellent support. User-friendly Admin portal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

On-Boarding and Off-Boarding Workflows are missing. Okta has a good solution.

OneLogin Desktop for Windows is good, lacks proper support and integration for MACs. Need to add support for Servers, similar to Okta ASA.

Better RADIUS support. Multiple configurations for the same IP.

Better Group or Tag management for Application assignment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Single Sign-On for all Applications. Lacks the support for Single Sign-On for Devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CR
What do you like best?

OneLogin's Cloud based solution across all platforms and supporting close to 600+ applications is a unique proposition for all customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. However, more of marketing needs to be done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

OneLogin is one of the best solutions for Single sign-on in the industry wherein customers are seeking a value proposition for their end customers. It eases an organization's business model by giving a great ROI over a period of time and scores well above the competitors in the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am proposing OneLogin solution to our customers and Channel partners wherein customers have multiple logins for different products. Also, wherein customeres use different authentication products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

OneLogin keeps all our apps organized in one place. It makes the workflow so much more easier, having 1 login for everything. I feel like it is my own personal dashboard that I can easily refer to when I need to access commonly-used apps for my job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Once your password is set to expire soon, you get many emails reminding you to update your password. I understand this is for security, but the extensive emails every day seems a bit much. That's all I can think of, really. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it! Definitely helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With OneLogin, I'm able to keep organized, by keeping all my workplace apps in one place. It also improves security across platforms, since it acts as the password barrier when having to log into apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Bringing a large range of authentication types into one Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Licensing structure can be convoluted and confusing for Higher Education but to their credit they're doing their best to make it work Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider the Total Cost of Ownership, including add-ons Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bringing a complex architecture and various authentication needs makes it easier to manage the ecosystem, more secure and less headaches for administration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Information Security and Cloud Architecture
What do you like best?

OneLogin makes it easy to SSO in Saas apps that use SAML authentication. The proxy(sign in as another user) is very helpful when helping to troubleshoot issues in applications. The customer success team is great and they really do all they can to help you get better use out of their product. I love that they are containerizing parts of their application that we need to deploy. This enables us to do local testing and lower our cloud costs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The single account owner feels secure but its often frustrating for admin users since there are things only the account owner can do. The UI/UX for admins can be confusing at times. Bugs in LDAP sync have caused havoc for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed an IDP that could replace our aging Siteminder setup. We were relying on a reverse proxy authentication and HTTP headers within 20 different homegrown apps. We have been able to reduce the amount of infrastructure we had to run and quickly migrate some applications to the cloud thanks to OneLogin. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how all of my frequently used apps are housed in one space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have to re-log in when I use a new web browser. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make it your home page for easier access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to use OneLogin to quickly log into the applications I use day to day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

We love the fact that we can scope so many fields to our Applications and leverage things like O365 Groups, Locations, etc. We also pair it up with BetterCloud which allows even more fluid onboarding and offboarding. We are currently working with OneLogin's team to link our GreenHouse onboarding platform to OneLogin to make even more efficent use of Roles, Groups, Application onboarding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far the only issues have been with some of our application providers. We find though that OneLogin still allows us to link to those apps through custom mappings and API calls. Other than that the support and service has been top notch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Onboarding, Offboarding, Conversions for Contractors to FTE. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solution Manager eBusiness