Omni-Gen Data Management

3.8

Information Builders’ Data Management Platform is powerful enough for organizations to have complete administrative control of their most vital data assets.

Work for Omni-Gen Data Management?

Learning about Information Builders Omni-Gen/iWay?

Omni-Gen Data Management Reviews

Ask Information Builders Omni-Gen/iWay a Question
Showing 20 Information Builders Omni-Gen/iWay reviews
Information Builders Omni-Gen/iWay review by User in Airlines/Aviation
User in Airlines/Aviation

"Great for data validation"

What do you like best?

The built-in reports can be used quickly to identify and issues in the data, in any data processing environment. It is particularly useful during ETL or data validation before building any statistical models. Typically a lot of time is spend on generating summary statistics and identifying problems with the data, which IB Omni-Gen is able to quickly generate.

What do you dislike?

The processing speed can be slightly slower for extremely large amounts of data (i.e. web log data). The data connectors did not support everything we were looking for. The Data Integration module had a very retro look to it from the 90s.

We did a POC with Omni-Gen, to be used as a tool to pre-scan data for issues before loading data files to the cloud. It saved a lot of time for the teams, saving them from hours of coding to get what Omni-Gen was able to show. The graphic representation of the data was

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Omni-Gen Data Management
Information Builders Omni-Gen/iWay review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Omni-Gen (Data Quality Suite) Review"

What do you like best?

I do like the GUI interface. I have worked in both the Integration side and the Data Quality side, with most of my training/work on the Data Quality side. I do like the interface , the tools are pretty straight forward and easy to use and figure out. Also, i do enjoy the support staff. I have forged a good relationship with many like Walter Zublionis, Lou Deturris, Jeff Paoletti and Craig Sanders. They have been very attentive to my needs, and make any issues with documentation less painful.

What do you dislike?

Documentation. Many times we are required to do something beyond the basic scope of the tool. Documentation can many times be hard to come by, or difficult to understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very detailed in what your requirements are, and if you know the intricacies of what you'll need , analyze them as early as possible. Any possible hurtles can be cleared up early in the process and will make it a lot smoother down the line.

Our business typically used to take a reactive approach where we correct problems/inconsistencies with our data, after the fact. But now our business is changing to be more proactive, and to correct problems upon entry. This has reduced many data inconsistencies and work from end users on the backend to have to cleanup the data.

What Master Data Management (MDM) solution do you use?

Information Builders Omni-Gen/iWay review by Ken H.
Ken H.

"Simple mapping from data model to usage"

What do you like best?

Simple to use and understand by both developers and business users.

What do you dislike?

Graphical coding when getting iWay to do what I want isn't obvious is frustrating (my experience is with 7, though).

DMP would be used to assist in validating and cleansing data from multiple sources, particularly imports of existing customer bases purchased by the company. Currently, ISM is used to support business control flows triggered by data availability and a forwarding and simplifying resource for web services (isolating our database server from the web).

Information Builders Omni-Gen/iWay review by Consultant in Banking
Consultant in Banking

"Solid and reliable"

What do you like best?

Regarding our MDM, I like the peace of mind that comes with knowing that when we cleanse massive amounts of data, it's safe and secure, as well as complete. The data management platform is a fantastic foundation.

What do you dislike?

Cloud installation solutions are traditionally a problem for me. I have to rely heavily on cloud as local isn't an option. When getting deep into cleansing towards the end of the day, uploading can show way down. Obviously this mainly falls on our network, but I feel the packet distribution on the software side could be better.

Scattered, incorrect and mismatched data. The data platform has helped up consolidate our records and give us a single source of truth.

Information Builders Omni-Gen/iWay review by Paul F.
Paul F.

"A one stop manaster data management platform to get Data governance implemented in any orginization"

What do you like best?

Rules engine and integration of other tools in the Iway frame work

What do you dislike?

New platform and scares resources to implement

Recommendations to others considering the product

More practical training for end developers and implementers will increase the take up of this platform. The UI it self need a better out of the box look and feel. This will improve user experience in implementation.

Master data management

Information Builders Omni-Gen/iWay review by Yin Yin T.
Yin Yin T.

"Performing magic with iWay"

What do you like best?

I'm loving how iWay is able to perform all the "magic" necessary in ETL in a stable environment. I'm excited about the new version 8 interface and looking forward to all the new featured as highlighted by Inessa during a TechTalk with her.

What do you dislike?

The dislikes were in the user interface, but looks like the new 8 addresses some of those.

ETL

Information Builders Omni-Gen/iWay review by User in Airlines/Aviation
User in Airlines/Aviation

"Very good software for explaining company data"

What do you like best?

I really liked the infographics produced, I believe they make it look very professional versus other free websites online. Also, the software is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

At this time, I did not experience anything I disliked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using Information Builders Omni-Ten/iWay for any company looking for an other alternative than excel charts to better explain their data

As a visual learner, this software helped immensely to better explain and communicate company data in meetings. The infographics were good to use for company projects as well and proposals.

Information Builders Omni-Gen/iWay review by Jonathan C.
Jonathan C.

"Omni Gen labs were great!"

What do you like best?

The hands on labs were great and easy to understand!

What do you dislike?

I wished there were more on-hands labs and virtual sessions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have not implemented iWay we are in the process of discussions.

We are new to iWay platform, I believe there is a need for it in our sector of business, it can revolutionize our processes and building more standardized reporting capabilities.

Information Builders Omni-Gen/iWay review by Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.

"Householding and Products Project Team"

What do you like best?

My experience with Information Builder's Technical team has been really great. The technical team is very knowledgeable and what I like best.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I can say that I dislike about the product.

Portfolio View of Customers, Accounts and Customer Relationships

Information Builders Omni-Gen/iWay review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"iWay Legacy to Modern data management practices"

What do you like best?

The nature of the product evolving from customer driven demand is a great selling point of the technology.

What do you dislike?

That the overall stack doesn't have an open-source heritage as it should

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't speak for the Omni-Gen Data management platform. However, I can speak to the stability of iWay used worldwide for successful data integration and management

We work with many companies challenged with an enterprise integration strategy that benefit from the iWay stack.

Information Builders Omni-Gen/iWay review by Nguyet K.
Nguyet K.

"omni-gen review at summit 2017"

What do you like best?

iway integration and the useful tools for anyone.

What do you dislike?

So far i like the product and will talk with manager to consider.

Recommendations to others considering the product

attend demo session

Not sure for now.

Information Builders Omni-Gen/iWay review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Financial Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Financial Services

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

This program is easy to use and functional. The look is not modern, but not out of date. Would Recommend to use.

What do you dislike?

There’s not much I dislike. I definitely prefer to use this over other programs

For privacy reasons I cannot give too much information but Mostly data management and Making decisions

Information Builders Omni-Gen/iWay review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Builders Omni-Gen/iWay"

What do you like best?

I would recommend Builders Omni-Gen/iWay in passing. Since I don't work with the decision maker. I would only able offer information as a user. I think this is a great product

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any dislikes. Since this work better that some I have used

N/a

Information Builders Omni-Gen/iWay review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"iWay and Omni Gen"

What do you like best?

The 8.0 road map for iWay look to enhance the robust functionality of iWay 7.x and make development even more streamline pairing this with Omni Gen will allow the business units to participate in validation of the mastered data.

What do you dislike?

The package is still fairly complicated to install.

EDI data processing has improved using this tool set.

Information Builders Omni-Gen/iWay review by Internal Consultant in Food Production
Internal Consultant in Food Production

"Excellent platform to master our data"

What do you like best?

The software is very easy to use and model

What do you dislike?

The only thing to dislike is that there are not many users using this tool at the moment, so the user community is small. Hospitals do not compare to our business unfortunately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

New updates are awesome!

Horrible Data. Bad processes.

Information Builders Omni-Gen/iWay review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Good Software"

What do you like best?

I thought the Builders MDM Suite was easy to use and had everything needed to complete my project on time and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

I had a few glitches along the way that slowed me down, took a while to figure out exactly how to use parts of the program.

I've realized there are many benefits to this product and it helps me solve many of our business needs.

Information Builders Omni-Gen/iWay review by Executive Sponsor in Food Production
Executive Sponsor in Food Production

"Recent Implementation"

What do you like best?

Well ROunded product that ties to DQ and other IBI products

What do you dislike?

New product ... will need more work on the Data Entry application - make the GUI for Master Data entry customizable.

Data mastering, data integrity

Information Builders Omni-Gen/iWay review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"ETL Coordination"

What do you like best?

Scheduling, monitoring, and supporting ETL

What do you dislike?

Need to rely on SQL code for procedures, eg. slowly changing dimensions

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand your data needs before enrolling

Load data into our data warehouse from source systems

Information Builders Omni-Gen/iWay review by Agency in Computer Software
Agency in Computer Software

"Is a good toll"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the tool. and the new features that it have

What do you dislike?

we don't know very well the roadmap and it have

Data quality and is very agile tool

Information Builders Omni-Gen/iWay review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Omni-Gen"

What do you like best?

Excellent implementation and support team.

What do you dislike?

Monitoring and error notification needs a lot of improvement.

Creating golden record for the Customer domain, data governance

Learning about Omni-Gen Data Management?

* We monitor all Omni-Gen Data Management reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.