Nutshell Reviews & Product Details

Administrator, Bookkeeper and Marketer
Investment Management
What do you like best?

Thank you G2 Crowd and Nutshell. What an amazing, intuitive and clever CRM. It's what I've been looking for. I'll be calling today to discuss signing myself and my Clients up. What great value.

Happy to provide a testimonial in six weeks time, so please follow up : )

Have a fantastic day!

Deb Bowey

Phenomenal Results Automation Marketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's been a couple of things to stump me so far, but considering I only started yesterday and have nearly finished setting up the system - that's more than ok.

I'm sure your clever team will have the solutions, you guys are on the ball : ) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Having checked out numerous CRM systems and having worked with CRM systems for a very long time - I can thoroughly recommend this system if you want an easy to use interface, that is stream-lined and intuitive. I have barely had to use the search function and just worked it out as I have gone along. It flows logically and provides you with everything you will need to take your Company Automation and Client Care to the next level.

Fleshing out the exact requirements and the customisations is a skill and if you need assistance I am always happy to help. By planning it correctly in the first instance you can anticipate the end requirements and results to need to have and implement them accordingly.

If you would like your Nutshell CRM System set up ready to use, we can do this for you, whether you are overseas or local. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My vision is to provide a holistic automating system which takes care of Branding, Marketing, Social Media, Client and Lead Nurture and Sales / System Automations.

1. Most business's Online presence do not do their brand or name justice. It lets them down and costs them sales. Of late I have noticed something disturbing! Many Marketing Companies who offer Web Facelifts; own Websites themselves with Broken-links, Spelling and Grammar errors, poor Functionality and lack-lustre Copywriting. Essential and basic marketing devices like a 'Call to Action' and placement of Company phone number and email address on the top RH Side of every page is often missing. So, they either don't really know what they are doing or are so busy working in their business that they have neglected their own Marketing and Online presentation. Sadly, it is generally the latter - and any Advertising Company that doesn't recognise that their own Website is their best Portfolio Example is missing a goldmine of opportunity. As a litmus test it is safe to assume that if they can't produce a quality site for themselves - they may not be the right fit for you.

Combine clever SEO infused soft toned Copywriting, multiple layered Marketing techniques, an attractive Design, Functionality, quality Logos and Graphics and you create the 'Perfect Storm!' An avalanche of enquiries and sales!

2. However most Business's are already struggling with their current workload of Administration, Sales and Client Care and wouldn't cope well with the influx of work that my Branding Facelifts produce. I'll assess your Business processes and design an Automated System GUARANTEED to free up your time.

Your fully functional Automated System is pre-programmed and customised to your Business's specific needs, ready for you to just begin using (We do the entire set up for you!).and is designed to give you the freedom to keep these services in-house or allow us to manage them for you. Our Virtuous Assistants love solving problems - in any area of your Business. We also provide sitting services whilst you are away on holidays - keeping your business ticking over whilst you have a well deserved re-charge. Imagine coming back to a full book order and no painful catch-ups!

Phenomenal Results Automated Marketing - PRAM; was conceived from multiple encounters with Business Owners just like you! You know you need to have a credible internet presence plus harness the power of technology - but just don't know where to start. It can be very over-whelming and daunting. Our all-round approach is about giving our Clients sustainable, continual improvement in every area of your business - with measurable results.

Your initial consultation is free and I will share with you lots of useful information that you can implement immediately to improve your results. Plus I will copy-write one full webpage from your site and gift you the copyright for this - so you can use it on your site. I'll also assess your Site from the perspective of a 'User' and let you know what issues there are in your current site. Even if you plan to re-vamp or launch a new site you can improve the function, look, performance and results of your current site NOW!

My Website is currently being built and in keeping with my own advice; will be an immaculate conception - showcasing our skills and abilities. I will do a Case Study on PRAM -- to show just how quickly you can have market reach and influence.

My Phone Number is 61 400 118 629 - I live in the lucky country, Australia. Even if you are based internationally we can still assist you. We offer a fully satisfied or your money back guarantee so you have nothing to lose, everything to gain and the sooner you call me - the sooner we can put you and your business on the map! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nutshell Overview

What is Nutshell?

Nutshell is a sneaky powerful growth software platform that helps sales and marketing teams work together to win more deals. Simple enough for any team and sophisticated enough for any business, Nutshell offers easy to use CRM, sales automation, and email marketing features, unlimited data and contact storage, and world-class live support. Nutshell works because it inspires your team to use it, maximizes the time they actually spend selling, and helps you close more deals and grow revenue. Nutshell integrates with the software small businesses already use, including Google G Suite/Gmail, Microsoft Office/Outlook, QuickBooks Online, Constant Contact, Mailchimp, Intercom, and Slack. Every Nutshell subscription includes unlimited data and contact storage, friendly customer support from real human beings, and fully customizable reporting tools. Founded in 2009, Nutshell works with thousands of small businesses and has been named a top CRM for both user-friendliness and affordability. In 2021, Nutshell released Nutshell Marketing, which allows Nutshell customers to design and send beautiful marketing emails and instantly measure their engagement, directly out of Nutshell. Nutshell Marketing seamlessly connects to your CRM data, so you can target custom audiences in a snap and manage all your outreach out of a single tool. Learn more about Nutshell Marketing at https://www.nutshell.com/marketing/

Nutshell Details

Nutshell is CRM software that helps small-business sales reps win more deals.

Nutshell is an all-in-one sales and marketing platform that allows small business teams to do all their customer outreach and nurturing out of a single tool.

While Nutshell offers all the standard CRM and email marketing features (and a lot more), Nutshell goes beyond features by delivering the support and guidance sales reps need to win more deals.

With Nutshell, you’ll be up and running in days (not weeks), you'll never need an implementation consultant or “CRM administrator,” and your whole team will have phone, chat, and email access to free and friendly customer support.

Finally, Nutshell is affordable, with no hidden costs. With Nutshell, you never have to worry about unanticipated overage charges. Unlike many of our competitors, Nutshell puts no limits on the number of contacts you can add or your amount of stored data, so you’ll never be surprised with a big bill.

Nutshell
Phone
(888) 336-8808
2009
Ann Arbor, Michigan
@nutshell

Nutshell Videos

Nutshell Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Nutshell community
Have you used Nutshell before?

Nutshell Reviews

Showing 454 Nutshell reviews
Already have Nutshell?
AI
What do you like best?

There is nothing positive to say about a product that is constantly down. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It regularly takes 30-60 minutes to complete basic processes such as importing 10 Leads and seconding 20 emails. There is no issue with my email as I can send things from my Outlook no problem. My internet connection is fine and I can access any other website. I signed up for Nutshell because their customer support was supposed to be live during business hours but they are repeatedly away when I have mission critical issues to resolve. I don't have hours out of my day to wait for them or wait for their product to work. There are clearly serious issues on the backend of their architecture. Oh, and their Android app is useless and they don't even seem to know it because they only care about their Apple app. This is a typical "SMB-focused product" that treats SMBs as second-class and not deserving of mission critical services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Find another vendor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I haven't solved any problems with Nutshell. They have just created problems for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kristen Gray Psychas of Nutshell

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to review Nutshell. My team and I take extensive measures to ensure a best-in-class experience for professionals like you and I am so disappointed to hear about your experience.

This comment was left anonymously, but I would love to get in touch with you to learn more about what went wrong. Are you able to send an email to support@nutshell.com so I can help?

To receive updates about Nutshell performance, you can visit status.nutshell.com. Nutshell downtime is rare and has not occurred in the past 90-days.

By the way, Nutshell's data migration experts offer a white glove import service to take the headache of importing off your plate. The best part? It is free of charge for paid and in-trial customers.

Thanks again for taking the time to connect--I look forward to helping you!

Kristen

See how Nutshell improved
What do you like best?

Nutshell is a very transparent, easy to navigate and flat view CRM platform. It's flexible, nimble and the Nutshell team is often making updates to assist with user experience. The support team is also extremely helpful and very responsive. It's just more straightforward to use than most other CRM tools, without losing any of the capabilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A few very specific features are still very sales-product oriented, and we use the CRM a little differently than a traditional sales/product oriented team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nutshell is a more cost effective, powerful and easy to use CRM than many other (popular by name) CRM tools out there. The support team is really responsive to feedback and finds ways to help make the tool best adapt to your needs. Can't beat the support and flexibility of this tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nutshell helps us better track our active opportunities and stay accountable following up with leads to drive more future opportunities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate; more intuitive than other systems. Templates are easy to set up and use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I will not let me set up an automatic set of emails for more than 1 person. That creates a lot of extra time when I have a list of a few thousand that I want to touch base with periodically. I have to either mail my list each time, or just one at a time. Neither is ideal and both take a lot of extra work.

I dislike that I cannot filter the same for contacts as leads. I would like to also filter contacts by source.

It will only email one person from a prospect company. I typically sell into a team. Thus, I find myself working out of contacts more than "leads" even for truly leads. But the this view will not give me the same way to identify or sort as when in the Leads view.

It will not let me "reply" to an email. Typically when creating a series of emails to prospects, it is good to "reply" to the last one sent so that the original history is included in the same email chain. Typically the second, third, etc. message will be somewhat different. By keeping them together, it is much easier for the prospect to scan to past emails if they want to see something.

The ability to collect data through forms on a website and put into Nutshell is almost non-existent and requires us to work with others to make it work -- and the options we have tried have not worked very well and have been a bit clunky. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping in touch with clients and prospects on a regular basis. Setting up automated series helps me do that and be more regular with that. Benefits -- saves me time and increases the likelihood that it will get done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The screen is not cluttered and it's easy to use. Having said that it's also powerful. I have tried many others and like Nutshell the best. If you need a "CRM Administrator" then you are looking at the wrong CRM. Nutshell as what you need and then a LITTLE bit more and that is all you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There must be something but cannot think of it. Maybe they could not mention products that we do not use, like MailChimp and Constant Contact? I just really like the product and have since I started using it in March of 2020. And support is GREAT!! Bit I do not need to call much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't get a CRM that does EVERYTHING. You are just not going to use it and the sales people will not like it. With Nutshell, I just FOCUS and sell. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have all my prospects and clients in Nutshell and I get to focus on SALES and that is what I like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I wanted an easy to add leads crm with some nice visualisation. I have tested many different CRM's before making a final decision as I had to do the research on behalf of my other team members as we all together as a whole SEO department were going to use a CRM to add and work with leads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I had to find my own way how to make sure that when I type in the search name of the website I will get the system to show me the lead I need. There is a trick to it and since all my leads are named by the websites, that had to be discovered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Nutshell to quickly add leads and work with them. It helps me to keep a track of recent contacts and notify me about next contact date. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Publisher
What do you like best?

I've used many CRMs, and this truly is my favorite to date. Nutshell is extremely easy to use and customize, there isn't a huge learning curve to use it! I love that with a push of a button it connects to the system I use to my constant contact account. It has an auto phone dialer which I really like...it keeps me hands free so I can take notes while I'm on the phone! It is easy to create tags and schedule follow ups with this system! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Nutshell is that it doesn't include a calendar. Otherwise, the system is perfect! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nutshell efficiently helps me to be organized with my leads and helps me track my prospects through the sales funnel. This is a very efficient CRM! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Nutshell is a fairly basic CRM, but that's where the beauty of the platform is. There's no extra "stuff" that makes the environment complicated or difficult for users to navigate. It's very straightforward to enter in new information, track leads and assess your pipeline. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nutshell's ease of use and simplicity does create an issue when it comes to reporting. There are limits to the reporting you can do in the system and often you'll have to export all the data to Excel to get analysis you actually want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a no frills CRM with great customer service this is the right platform. It's got all of the must haves that something like Salesforce has without the need for a ton of training or implementation work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used to track our pipeline in Airtable and Trello. With Nutshell everyone has visibility into what is happening with our pipeline, can see notes on interactions with leads and track the revenue associated with each lead. It's helped our team be more aligned on what is going on with our business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface and ready to use out of the box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It isn't customizable enough for different types of businesses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is more cost effective for a starting out CRM to test the waters without going full sales force. We arent throwing tens of thousands of dollars at a solution that we are just trying out for the first time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the age old problem of our sales men writing stuff down but them being the only ones to know. We are also able to know see what marketing efforts are most effective but tracking it in the CRM. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT & Special Projects
What do you like best?

I love the ability to create custom lists based on many different kinds of filters and tags. I also really like the feature that allows me to see the companies and people lists on a map. The ability to add custom fields has really helped us, we have been able to add several links to google drive docs that allow us to edit in real-time. I also utilize the ability to share lists and templates a lot to be able to collaborate with my co-workers. This automation has made out the process of sending out emails to our employees and clients easier. I like the customer service and help that Nutshell supplies, I have always gotten a quick and courteous response. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like not being able to write and edit a group email unless using templates. There are times when I would like to select all of my customers or employees and then custom write an email on the spot rather than making a template first. Though, we are still able to send these emails so it works, just with limited functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would say do a demo, the people at Nutshell will help you determine if it's a right fit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is a great database and CRM for our companies needs. We do not need or want something complicated that will take a lot of onboarding and training. This is perfectly suited to our needs and simple to use. We don't use a CRM in the traditional sense and Nutshell offers enough customizability that allows us to tailor the experience to our specific needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President
What do you like best?

Nutshell is easy, intuitive, and deceptively powerful. Having an immediate context of the map and weather for each contact is fantastic. Being able to add a bunch of custom fields is awesome, and the app integration is great. It also integrates seamlessly with our proposal software for a super streamlined experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I only have a few tiny nitpicky things that I'd love to see, but they're really just feature improvements. I'd love to be able to click on a contact's picture and see it larger. I'd also love to be able to tag contacts within custom fields (use case would be tagging a spouse or who referred the contact to us). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for an intuitive, streamlined, and cost-effective CRM, Nutshell is a great fit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are tracking all of our leads and pipeline, so everything stays top of mind and we're on top of it. Nothing slips through the cracks, because it's "out of sight, out of mind." Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how intuitive Nutshell is, how it efficiently and effectively syncs and pulls in data Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like several things, most notably the inability to get a reminder for a task of 5 minutes or less. I also don't care for how duplicates are merged, where the new info is superseded by the older record in a new record. In my field, people change positions and facilities constantly and when I add the new info, it should take precedence, or both should appear, with the new info at the top. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I started using Nutshell for the first time when I came to this company so it is just another CRM to me. This question seems to be for someone who was not using it then started while at the same organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Well, I am learning more and more everyday as my business grows. I love the financial aspect, the reminders, the email capabilities, the SMTP. It's easy to use and the people are amazing at Nutshell. I really mean it! EVERY SINGLE PERSON I have ever talked to there has been outstanding and patient with me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything. That's an honest answer. From what I use it for, it does it all for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to use it as my calendar, remove constant contact, and call list. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, not overloaded with features Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Tags could work better, relationships between groups of companies missing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a safe option. Affordable, plenty of features that you really need, and easy to use. Implementation and user onboarding were also quite easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Performs customer relationship management for us, it does the job well.

I like that it is easy to use for most frequently done tasks. For example, when you search for a particular company or a contact person, all you have to do is press on the general search field and start typing the name - it usually finds the right record after just a few characters typed. We are also using multiple integrations, such as Exchange mail integration, calendar integration, Olark integration, Mailchimp integration, and our custom internal integration for our customer information system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The sales process that you offer us the nutshell system has been very very complete Because it provides solutions in the sense of offering a specific and detailed sale, its support every time a sale is made is very specific because it maintains the customer happy and concrete sales, so the percentage of sales and traffic has definitely increased is the reason that I like the system, it has provided exponential solutions and its interface is friendly and interactive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any kind of inconvenience or problems regarding the system, it appeared to me very detailed and complete, but I believe that it can improve in certain aspects by accepting the number of clients we can pass the support to an agent of the company in this way we can provide a solution to doubts or problems, of course only if the client demands it, since the nutshell system alone can achieve it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To finish, the system has served us perfectly by offering it broadens our main objectives, regarding sales within the company, for that reason I liked it because it has expanded the configurations with nice tools for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Definitively solved the problems of sales, these have increased exponentially as well as the traffic of the web and networks the coupling with the marketing service can achieve that the nutshell system reaches more users and in turn be much more exponential, your service for us has It has been fundamental and it already belongs to the marketing and sales area helping the work team to expand the company, it is great software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager of Sales
What do you like best?

Nutshell is a great ally for us since we use it in the company to store all kinds of information about our clients and we also make nutshell adapt to us since it allows us to program everything and thus not forget a single call, which allows us tagging and thus prioritizing clients and segmenting our clients by type of client another function that helps us a lot about nutshell is that we can have an email history and thus have the information at hand or create some type of thread or notes in one place Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although the nutshell mobile application is very good and until now I have not had any problem with it all the functions are not available in it they should put all the functions in it and thus be able to work quietly outside the office directly from your tablet or mobile Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use nutshell as our CRM in the marketing department is used by 6 people and so they are connected at all times, whether outside or within the company, they maintain the communication of the processes, which also allows us to communicate efficiently with the client Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Intern
What do you like best?

It can be said that a system which has been committed to us and has been such a good service that it is already part of the family within the company, the Nutshell system works to store the information which we want to use for the sales process and the attracting new customers and allowing a marketing service to be coupled to broaden its search for new users and as well as allowing as an analyzer to know the number of users by clicking on the emails so that for us it has fulfilled the main objective of publicizing our company in a much more optimal way mainly.

It is very powerful if we can associate it with the marketing system, it does an extraordinary job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For me there is no type of inconvenience or problem regarding the service to use in systems I believe that it can improve in certain aspects specifically in the memberships for the type of company in order to fit according to the objective of each company, another point in which It would also be perfect to improve for mobile devices to be more optimal the service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it, it has worked, the results are noticeable and understandable, we have achieved new clients by expanding our range of services and associating it with the marketing service we enhance their service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The tools allow us to manage new clients and contact those potential to expand sales within the company in addition to associating with marketing systems allowing to manage traffic services, people are entering our company and increase our traffic, with Nutshell we observe This varieties to enhance each functionality of this service and implemented for us a better design, very happy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

You can make it do whatever you want. They really make it easy to customize. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would love online file viewing , I dont like that if I upload a pdf to a lead I have to download it to view it.

Also no affiliate program sucks because I recommended a lot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep it simple. Dont create pipelines with more than 4-5 stages Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accountability tool to always stay on top of my leads. It helps me not leave meat on the table. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Operating Officer
What do you like best?

In previous jobs, I've mainly used Salesforce, which is a powerful tool but requires a lot of development to make it useful. Nutshell has customisation available on the main aspects needed (can add different products, unique tags, unique fields and automate workflows). It is the most user-friendly interface I've come across. Their videos and the availability of real people to help was super useful during our setup. The business scanner is also quite good off your phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For me, the main issue is that contacts only sync one way - into Nutshell. It means that your G Suite for example doesn't have all the business card info you scanned into Nutshell. You can do an export every so often but it really would be better in real time.

The tags are great but it would be useful to use the same tag for either a Person or a Company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I could set up Nutshell myself as it was simple and straightforward. I had several questions that I got responses to within a day from the Nutshell team that were helpful and sincere. Highly recommend to let them do your contact import (I think they call it 'white glove' service). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The usual problems a CRM solves. Putting all contact info and interactions in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.