Notion Reviews & Product Details

Technology And Services Specialist
What do you like best?

Notion can be whatever you want or need it to be. Need a database? Done. Pictures, links, etc? Got it. And it'll do you even one better. LIVE. SITE. EMBEDDING. You can embed a window to another site INSIDE a workspace. I've used it to compile lists of CodePen demos and they all work and are interactive...its bananas and I LOVE IT!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The way that notion counts "cells" or whatever they call them is annoying. Every time you press "enter" or "return", it jumps to a new cell, which eats into your limit. Also, there's no way to see what is or isn't included inside a block (had to look it up, they're called blocks) until you click and drag to select text. Only then can you see where the breaks between blocks are. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try the templates, they're a great starting point and they can show you ways to use Notion that you wouldn't have thought of (usually). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What haven't I done in Notion would be a better question. I have almost everything to run an entire business in there....if only I could figure out a way to just make it think for me, then it would have EVERYTHING. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Notion Overview

What is Notion?

Notion is the all-in-one workspace for notes, project management, documents, and collaboration. Tens of thousands of teams and companies around the world use it to keep their employees informed and working together in one place. Based in San Francisco, Notion was founded in 2016. The company builds highly-customizable tools for individuals and enterprises to stay organized in a way that fits their unique needs and workflows. And the product syncs across all devices so you can use it no matter where you are. With so many tools, apps, and notifications required for everyday work, information is getting lost, siloed, duplicated, and wasted more than ever before. By bringing all work and knowledge together, Notion creates focus and transparency, while consolidating tools, saving time, and driving more productivity for teams of all sizes.

Notion Details
Discussions
Notion Community

Notion is a unified workspace for teams.

Notion is different in two ways: It brings all work together in one place, and it's so customizable that it can be modified to support any workflow.

Most productivity tool makers focus on solving one problem with one product. Notion's design lets you mold your workspace to serve a limitless variety of uses all in one spot. You can use it to build a product roadmap, wiki, and collaborative docs for your company in one central location. Or as an individual, to keep your notes, tasks, and journal handy and accessible at all times. You can start with a template, or build from scratch to personalize the way you work — at your job and in your life.

Notion
2012
San Francisco, California
@NotionHQ

Notion Videos

Notion Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Notion community
Have you used Notion before?

Notion Reviews

Showing 158 Notion reviews
Already have Notion?
Geospatial Database Administrator (Enterprise, Data Science, Analytics)
Owner
Business Development Manager
What do you like best?

Notion offers an ease of use that genuinely makes you want to write, take notes, organize your documents,... I like the way I can easily edit my text and add new elements like checkboxes, titles,... Next step is to use the relational table structure to build easy kanban boards and content calendars. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The wiki aspect of things could be better. I'm using the Notion Boost Chrome add-on to get a page structure on the right side of the screen and it's a real blessing when you are writing pages where structure really matters. Would also be nice to be able to hide table pages that are used in other pages, because those tend to create some clutter in my directories. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Productivity and document organization have taking a big leap forward with Notion. I can be a very chaotic person, but this tool just makes structuring everything a fun and rewarding experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

For years, I have been looking for a product that will help me efficiently organize myself and create an adequate work-life balance. In the process, I have tried so many products, mobile apps, desktop apps, and always I felt something was missing. As a senior software developer, I have many activities during the day, and mostly night, so it was crucial for me to find a micromanagement tool or collaboration platform to help mi handle the mess around me. My friend recommended me to try Notion, so I decided to give this search process one more shot. And it completely obsessed me. Now, I create database models for my software development projects in Notion, analyze different texts/requests, take notes, plan movie lists, track daily habits, write articles, collaborate with my colleague, or create brochures, everything in Notion. Notion made me much faster than I was before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I like almost everything, but I would like to see the ability to use formulas within pages in a simple way, not just for items that are part of the table, but for all kinds of blocks, for instance, to be able to summarize/count to-do checked or unchecked boxes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Notion is one of the best software products I have ever used in my 15-year long software engineer career. I would recommend this product for people who are very busy, have a lot of activities and have problems organizing themselves. This is the perfect tool for micromanagement (professional as well as personal) and collaboration with colleagues who work closely with you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I efficiently solved the mess I was surrounded by. I worked with tones of different to-do lists, non-prioritized activities, so many notes and messages in different tools, etc. I became much more disciplined and efficient than I was before after starting to use Notion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner and Nutrition Coach
What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of Notion. Other CRM-type softwares I have used are too complicated or host too many features, making it overwhelming. I appreciate Notion's simple design and ability to customize as much as needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The aesthetic layout of Notion isn't much to look at, but that's not a huge dislike for me when its usability is so high. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend Notion for an easy, simple, usable CRM software. While it has many other uses, I find the client tracking capabilities so valuable Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Notion to track client applications for my Nutrition Coaching business. I can track the time they applied and pull out various details of their application - referral source, preferred coach pairing, which web page they applied on, etc. - then sort by those different factors to gain some ideas of where most application traffic comes from. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Consultant
What do you like best?

The best thing I like about the notion is how easy it is to use. It is flawless with the design and it can easily be understood by the layman too. We can use it as a directory or as a wiki where everything can be kept at one place and access it whenever we want. We can easily embed videos and pdf from other sources inside the pages and use it. Use to Journal on notion more frequently as the app makes it easier to jot down ideas whenever we want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are hardly any flaws with the design and use but they could develop the Android App capabilities a bit more where the offline functionalities are flawless and which can support more local language support. If it can improve a bit more on web clipper on various browsers it makes life easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are considering about using a note-taking app where you can make notes as well as have a full-fledged directory which includes numerous pages and use it as a mini wiki, this is the best app for doing so. You can take notes, make todo lists, make a reading list, write down the journal, embed videos and many more. It doesn't cost much and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been using the Notion for a while now I have been using it for making notes during meetings and making an up to date To-do lists and making things in time. It has been a great companion and it has good sharing functionalities which make the work easy when collaborating with the team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Boss
What do you like best?

Like the title says, Notion gives me one place to put all my ideas, thoughts, notes, plans and anything else I can think about putting in there! With a customizable blocks-based construction, it makes it simple to create a page or a database of your stuff in a way that you like. And then you can customize the various ways in which you can then see that same data through the various views, making it even fun to interact with and visualize your data. If you follow GTD, this is one app that will let you do all the functions in one place -- collect, organize, schedule, next actions etc. I also like how they have a web interface along with apps for my computer & devices, making it easy to stay on top of things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Genuinely, there's not much. But maybe I'm being too picky. I like to plan out my projects for the year, and I like the way I can add images to the pages and have a nice looking gallery view. But then I have to drill down into the page to see what my next to-do items are, and so on. I would like to see a customizable number of my next actions on the gallery view itself, along with the cute pic that I added on there. This way I can get a birds eye view of what's next across the board. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can organize all sorts of data in a very useful manner across different "views". It helps me think and visualize and organize my plans in a better way. The new timeline feature is also really helpful for visualizing my plans Gantt-chart style. Notion takes things to the next level by being the one place where I can literally dump my thoughts and ideas and tasks and projects, and essentially make a bunch of sense with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Programmer
What do you like best?

It's totally different when compared to its peers. I have tried numerous note-taking apps till now but felt Notion ticked all the problems. It has the best things you ever ask for. You can maintain a database, embed youtube videos, attach files up to 5MB if you are a free user and many more. It's easy to write essays in blocks and arrange it in order in a way you like. It has pro features and the best features are in beta phase. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing i dislike about Notion is its offline capabilities in mobile and desktop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have known people used many note-making apps including Evernote, one-note and all. But if you are looking for something which is free and it's amazing to use. This is for you. Notion gives you everything you want and it's absolutely free. You can go for PRO is you are seriously looking to collaborate with more people. I started nowhere and now I confidently using it for my day-to-day activities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking day to day activities and preparing for Interviews. It helped me maintain a proper database with all the properties. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Talent & Culture Champion
What do you like best?

I like that Notion is dynamic for a business. It can be used for many purposes, a handbook, a project management tool, an intranet website, a collaborative document creation software, a process manual among many other things.

We currently have all our knowledge base storage in this tool, all our teams use it and we always find new features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike, dislike anything.

I, however, think the tool can be taken o the next level and act as a CMS that is more interactive and user friendly for internal documentation purposes.

I think tables, dropdowns, automatic widgets and a few other features can be implemented and take Notion to the next level!

I have had issues creating solutions for internal documents, forms and others that I have taken to other places, maybe there is a lack of user-friendliness? who knows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think a strong onboarding program to companies or companies doing it internally, will be very beneficial for implementing this tool.

I think that will help Notion to reach an interactive and comprehensive understanding of the tool, what can be done, what can not be done, and where to find information for future challenges.

This tool is like being a programmer without knowing code which is already a big win for any team but it still requires that everyone is onboard with learning and getting creative with the interface and options that notion offers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using notion as an internal roadmap and documentation system. Sort of our own intranet in the company where we document processes, add forms for onboarding processes, brainstorm ideas, and introduce our business and relevant information for all our team members.

We also have tables and explainer guides with inserted videos! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's good to work with a team and the most valuable thing is that you can add all the information/images/files/links that you need in one project so it's easy to find in the future, and easy to work with everything together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you edit something you can edit for everyone and all the projects at the same time. That's confusing. Some things have to technical names Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For us, it's a good tool and makes things easier. We almost don't communicate through email thanks to this tool.

However, probably you will need another tool to complement it.

I'll add more templates or make it easier to arrange things under the project card, sometimes you move something and everything goes to different places. In general is good and I will recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We work with content creation teams to make it easier and simple, You assign projects to people, give all the information necessary, and then you receive the final assets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

1. Extremely powerful.

2. Is very easy to use, although to use it to its full potential, you need to learn more about it.

3. Great user interface, comes with built in light and dark mode.

4. Present in every platform whether it be browser, android or ios.

5. Great customer support.

6. Free with almost no restrictions. The major one is that you can't insert more than 5MB of files in free versions. But, for students, notion pro is free. Paid plans are very cheap.

5. Great tools for collaboration.

6. Great features, like page lock, insertion of tables or any media and much more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1. App for windows is still a progressive web app.

2. Slow to load, especially in slow connections.

3. App on android only works on latest android versions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for some product, which can help you to be more productive, then this product is very easy to use. It's free, so give it a try. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was looking for an all in one app to get more productive. And I found this app. I also helped me to collaborate notes with my friends. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Junior Developer
What do you like best?

I really like the fact that with Notion, now I can replace my note-taking app, todo app, calendar app and text editor and use just a one tool. Also as a developer I really like the fact that I can export my notes as .md file and use it a a readme file because I do not like to write readme in online interfaces. Last but definitely not least I love that Notion decided to get unlimited space to free users. Also "database" function is what I enjoy in my day to day basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really do not think of a single thig that I do not like about Notion. I was kind of scared when I installed mobile version (because of reviews on Google Play) but it is good experience overall and I use desktop version most of the time anyways.

The only thing is probably that there is a bit of learning curve to Notion but there always is with whatever piece of software when you want to become power-user and use all of the features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Notion to anyone who is trying to find his or hers first note-taking application. One definitely can use apps like One Note, Evernote or even notepad, but Notion goes a extra mile and you can use it as todo application, write readmes and so much more so I would recommend to give it a shot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As I wrote in previous section that thing that I really like about Notion is the fact that I can use it as my note-taking application and also I have started it using as my primary to-do application. Also in my professional carrer I am using Notion to write readme-s,...

Also what I do enjoy is database function or feature. So I have started to use this feature as my reading list. Most of the time I use Notion as a note-taking application and bacuse I am a student I use it a lot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The database capability/feature is incredibly powerful. It's as simple as maintaining a spreadsheet but much more graphic and then to be able to link to it from other pages and quickly change it's appearance based on where it's located in the workspace is amazing. I've got one for projects, one for meeting/phone notes and one for tasks. Those three reference each other and in turn are referenced on other pages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The limited formatting options are good on one level because they remove choice/options and keep the workflow streamlined. On the other hand if I had a few more options in some areas the tool would be more powerful. In example when I need to issue formal meeting minutes I still need to copy/paste onto company letterhead in MS Word. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A quick but robust tool to track tasks, write notes, track projects and organize thoughts all in one location and have data point back and forth to itself in a way that mirrors real world workflows and relationships. This is the first platform I've found that can do that AND do it in a very graphic way. I'm an Architect and want the organization in a graphically satisfying way vs feeling like I'm an accountant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Content Manager
What do you like best?

Notion's flexibility is what attracted me the most. I was only halfway through an annual subscription to Evernote when I switched, it's that good.

It may not have some of the facier features of Evernote, such as picture-text capture, but I'm sure it won't be long until they do.

The flexibility of this software makes it ideal for so many levels of creative & daily life management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it integrated with Grammarly.

Exporting text into other text editors like Word of Gdocs sometimes has issues with markup.

I don't like that you have to pay via a workspace. I would like a private personal account with a shared workspace option, for things with my partner. As it is, we have to share the workspace, which can get messy for everything including payment & break-ups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Notion is great for everyone from beginner note-taking to advanced database management.

After the free trial I switched from Evernote Premium almost immediately and ate the overlap cost. It's simple and smart, with a great many uses, making it the ideal place for me to plan and create projects for work and at home.

The team behind it seem to have a great plan and it's got a great library of templates and suggestions -- including those from other users - to inspire you to organize and create better! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Notion has become my life repository and also where I create all my content drafts, ideas, lists etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Departmental Chairperson (Natural Sciences)
What do you like best?

Notion can be made into whatever you want it to be. I use it as a project management tool, a database, a note-taking app, a website for running a university department, a collaboration tool with other faculty members, etc.

The flexibility and sheer power of the platform make it possible to build simple and complex solutions for a wide range of personal and work challenges.

Notion also has an intuitive interface making it easy to get started with the tool. When you get stuck (because you've run out of ideas) there's an enthusiastic community behind the product to back you up.

The fact that you also get most of this goodness for free is the icing on the cake. I'm sure you can tell that I love the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there isn't much to dislike. I would mention though that it may appear to have a steep learning curve at first, simply because it is like staring at a blank canvas. However, the beauty is that once you start tinkering, it gets exciting and borderline addictive as you build software solutions that work for you. And all of this without needing to learn how to code~ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check out the many YouTube channels that provide Notion tips and tricks, they'll get you up to speed much faster than trying to do everything on your own. People such as August Bradley, Marie Poulin, William Nutt and many others produce lots of superb content on the many things that are possible with Notion. I mustn't leave out the Notion official YouTube channel (it's excellent).

If you prefer text-based tutorials then you can look up William Nutt's notion.vip site that has a ton of excellent tutorials. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Notion at my full-time job to manage an academic department. Some specific usage scenarios include student advising, timetabling courses, preparing courses, making info websites etc. Notion has proved easy to use and very flexible for us to tailor to meet the needs of our department.

I also use it to manage projects that I work on with my clients and it makes it easy to have documentation in one place where it is easy to track all the information that I need for my client work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

If you get the hang of this program, you can do pretty much everything:

- note taking

- landing page building

- DB management

- agenda management

- calendar

you will be able to custom display your data or notes as well in different formations, such as table, lists, posts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

one thing i found missing, is the fact that my needs for e-pen note taking (for my med school) are not supported using notion.

notion does not support pen input of sort, at least as far as im aware of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows me to build custom pages and templates for my note taking needs, and includes many options to do so.

it allows me to arrange my notes and data in tables, lists, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Partnerships
What do you like best?

The minimalistic design and great support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The tool can get buggy and slow at times, but the benefits considerably outweigh these slight mishaps, which are also getting better over time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to explore the template library, it's a great way to enhance your initial note taking usage into more powerful use cases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using Notion as a Partner Management System, with both an internal and an external facing facet. All my notes, documents, tables, links are centralised in there. I even now use it for internal presentations instead of creating Google Slides, as people love seeing it in action. The benefits realized are that Notion can quickly become your "mind map" for everything related to your work. In the past, I used to keep multiple unrelated documents in various folders, and now I can have everything in one place without any single document. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

So easy to create your own wiki and to coach other team members on how the software functions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, truly wee have been using this software for some time now and everyone loves it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This was my first time creating my own wiki and Notion made it so incredibly easy. Not only do they have templates you can use, but you can search through their support center and figure out how to create your own templates. Do the trial and work through all the different sections to see how easy it is to create and how functional it can be for a team - especially if it is a team that collaborate on the same information, etc.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to complete project tracking, team information center, and communicate with each other through the software itself. You can @ someone from your team to bring attention to a page, comment, or edit you made in a specific section - it has been a huge help for us. Honestly, you can create your wiki to look how you want and form the pages to your layout desires and how you want your information stored. It's great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive
What do you like best?

Notion is super collaborative and is incredibly easy to use. From day one the platform was really intuitive and it didn't take any training internally of externally for the entire team to begin using the platform. I don't think that I have ever used a software in a business before that took off so quickly! The interface has clearly had a lot of focus on the user experience as the flow to find information is really easy. okrgokg ok rfgodfgj modfkdofkdf okaodk pafk ap Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I dislike about Notion. As a minor point I think it would be great if there was a function around creating graphs and automating the 'un-ticking' of tick boxes for tasks that need to be completed every day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use this product. It has made life so much easier for me as everything related to my day to day is easily accessible in one workspace. I am even using a personal Notion workspace for managing my day to day personal to do list and I'm getting much more done as this is accessible on both desktop and my mobile. It was good timing on our part as all teams in the business were building out their playbooks so it made sense to use something like Notion although for smaller teams I don't think Notion would be as relevant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have built all of our companies internal resources around Notion. This includes all of our companies onboarding guides, playbooks and we are even logging notes from meetings and 1-2-1s in here so none of this data is siloed across the business and is accessible for whoever needs to access it. This is especially useful as we have been onboarding employees remotely and they need access to training materials. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Simplicity and versatility of the solution, easy to add pages

Nice visual add on to create an environnement on each note (bac