Notepad++ Reviews & Product Details

Trainee Decision Scientist
What do you like best?

I like the support of multiple coding languages which highlights all the keywords of that particular language.

The addition of multiple plug-ins can enhance your experience a lot for eg., it cab help you select texts in the middle for multiple lines etc.

Also the compare feature of two files is very useful for someone who uses git to commit codes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dont know whether this problem is faced by just me or others too but sometimes I loose my saved files and that annoys me a lot Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the most simple and versatile editor I have come across.

I think you all should try this atleast once Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am working in a decision sciences company which requires me to write codes daily.

Notepad++ solves tha problem for me as can review my code before actually running it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Notepad++ Overview

What is Notepad++?

Notepad++ is a source code editor and notepad replacement that supports several languages in a MS Windows environment with Syntax highlighing and folding, PCRE, customizable GUI, auto-completion and more.

Notepad++ Details

Notepad++
2017
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Notepad++ Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Notepad++ community
Have you used Notepad++ before?

Notepad++ Reviews

Showing 1,673 Notepad++ reviews
Showing 1,673 reviews
Already have Notepad++?
Network Engineer
What do you like best?

I have been using Notepad++ for more than 10 years and it's the only Windows program that I actually miss on MacOSX and open a Virtual Machine to use it gladly since it isn't strictly required for my job, but I have found a good replacement yet, the number of addons available and the quality of them is not yet there in alternatives like Atom, Visual Studio Code, Sublime text, etc... the community support is really amazing with plugins like NppCompare, NppFTP, NppSalt and many more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Only available natively on Windows, it runs on Wine on MacOSX badly and on Linux almost as good as on Windows but some plugins have issues, it is not really a downside since it is supposed to be a Windows program but I really wish that someone ported Notepad++ to MacOSX because all the addons available don't have a comparable alternative in other operating systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go to SourceForge or GitHub or any other site you trust to get Notepad++ addons, don't download them from a source you don't trust unless you are using a sandbox to test that it is actually safe Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Writing scripts, comparing files, uploading to FTP, etc... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is a very good text editor since it is free, it allows editing in different languages ​​without any problem, as well as the ease of use of tabs that allow you to have different types of languages. You can also use Notepad++ to convert files written in one coding language to another. It is very useful to be able to search for specific parts of your text or code and edit them easily with the tools that it includes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Maybe it has a somewhat old interface compared to current operating systems, a negative point for me is that it does not allow to change the colors of the toolbars or perhaps stylize the fonts of this bar, and some difficulty with languages, since several of my colleagues would like to use it in Spanish as they are not totally familiar with this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is perfect to replace the default Windows text editor, I love the function that it adds to the context menu "Edit with Notepad ++", it is also a perfect and light code editor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It regularly allows us to edit from .txt files to c ++ code, it also allows us to have several tabs open with large amounts of text and even search for specific words within several tabs, it is very useful in many situations, it is even possible to open 2 instances of the same process, which allows us to separate text from code easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Writer Editor
What do you like best?

First of All Notepad++ is completely free and open-source code editor. This is main and the best advantage of Notepad++, also it is very light weight app under 5 MB but still packs many powerful features. Second of all Notepad++ supports many programming, scripting and other types of languages like 50+ of them. It has all the best feature of a code editor like syntax highlighting and case folding. Plus I like that Notepad++ supports auto indentation, auto -completion of code words and functions & function parameters which makes my work super easy as a code editor and tester. Another best feature of Notepad++ is it's fully customizable and you can make the UI very colorful and crazy. Notepad++ supports various plugins available to download for various programming languages. This is only possible because Notepad++ is open source and anybody can develop plugins for Notepad++. Last but not least Notepad++ supports macros. Macros are a great way to automatically repeat large chunks code in a certain place of the whole code so I don't have to write those same codes manually. This is a very time-saving feature and I'm glad Notepad++ supports it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Okay so the user interface of Notepad++ is not very modern. It gets the job done but it could be improved other than included customization features. When I open the plugin manager of the Notepad++ it doesn't have any types of search function for easy finding of a particular plugin. Also when the code size becomes very huge Notepad++ lags and cannot keep up. It occurs sometimes but definitely something I have noticed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Notepad++ is easily recommendable. It is free and open source. Plus it has advanced coding features which every coder would like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Notepad++ is free and open source. This is the main benefit of it. Also it is comes as both portable and installer formats. Both of sizes under 5MB. So it is definitely storage saving code editor. Notepad++ is definitely among top code editors out there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Application Development Analyst
What do you like best?

The best feature of Notepad++ is its ability to read and interpret a large number of file extensions. It is available for free, and is open source. It is available in two types of package, one is .exe executable installer and another one is portable (zip,7zip) on the go version. The resources used by this software on any OS platform is minimal, both in windows and Linux it hardly eats away any memory and CPU core. In work from home model, many IT companies are using cloud infrastructure (MS OneDrive/ Google drive) as data storage platform, notepad ++ has the provision of cloud path integration, where it will store the saved files. It is highly customizable, android developers notepad++ UI may look completely different from a PL/ SQL developers (myself) notepad++ UI. Because different developers want different look and feel of the code editor. It can understand and highlight syntax of more than 50 languages (Java, Python, SQL, C, C++ all major languages). Macro reading feature of notepad ++ is most under rated and least utilized feature of this editor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One of its biggest asset is also its liability, the high customizability feature. Notepad++ becomes a bit clumsy for new developers. For example the search and replace options are very customizable, hence becomes a bit difficult for beginners to grasp and get control of. Notepad ++ may introduce custom themes and skins for users, which many of the other text/ code editors provide. Along with the traditional programming languages, Npp should incorporate frame works too. The last thing which disappoints me is its ability to handle big file volume. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it to write codes, also use it for keeping notes. Notepad ++ supports multiple tabs at a time, also one need not save a file, it store them it self, even after a system reboot the file remains saved in its editor tab. I use notepad ++ particularly to correct my code syntax and a dry run before I run my codes in dev instances. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Developer
What do you like best?

I use Notepad++ in practicing how to code in Java. With limited resources, this application runs without a problem with my old computer. It consumes very low resources and has the features I need to start basic programming in Java.

These are some of the features I like best:

- auto-complete of words. The application only suggests words that are used in the document. This makes the suggestions relevant only to the document that I am working on. Very useful in programming .

- Support on common programming formats. Notepad++ supports Java and other programming languages which aides in the syntax.

- Color coding. Color coding support for programming languages also helps on visual appearance of my codes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With my limited requirement in my programming study, I have no negative comment for Notepad++ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The fact that Notepad++ can still run on my Asus EePC is really a big deal for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It autosaves my notes, so when I forget to click save or my laptop runs out of battery I never lose anything I wrote and I can click save at any moment to keep a version and I can open that version in another tab or window and save that to a different file and most important since I have confidential data it doesn't travel the internet so I have the peace of mind that unless my computer is stolen and the encryption is broken it won't get leaked in any way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I know that updates are important, but I don't really need them, and by default, it is turned on luckily there is a setting to disable that so when I open it again it doesn't ask again but is hard to find in the MISC settings, I think that updates are important and I keep every program that connects to the internet updated but if I don't want to connect a program to the internet I don't want it to connect for any reason, including asking for updates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is no reason to use the bullt-in Windows Notepad when Notepad++ is available since it is free, open-source, and compatible with every Windows system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use this software for taking notes on things that are confidential and I would be in trouble if the data gets leaked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accountant
What do you like best?

Autosave ensure am able to keep the data temporarily before it got lost.

Very sufficient plugins which keeps my website updated all the time.

The menus act as directions and no much skills required to use.

It's free IDE. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Great IDE which is free with no extra charge and best support from online community. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes it's amazing and free IDE to use with ease of intergration with many plugins.

User friendly support and easy to install and configure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

JavaScript enabled to ensure am able to create powerful blogs.

Great and most supportive online community.

Intuitive user interface.

Intergration with plugins makes it more powerful and amazing with building beautiful sites.

Best menus which are self explanatory. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Financial Controller
What do you like best?

Efficiency with updating my daily blogs which helps me to be uptodate always.

Auto-completion of codes makes programming easy and very fast.

Effective with editing templates to suit the needs of my website.

It's free to download and use.

Reliable with using so many plugins. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Great and very convenient with use with so many programming languages Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes it's the best,nicest and coolest editor with website building.

User friendly and intuitive user interface.

Easy to code the many programming languages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Works so effectively with many databases such as mySql,SQL.

Easy to code with so many programming languages such as HTML,CSS which is best with blogs.

User friendly and intuitive interface.

Robust and affordable IDE to use.

Clean and solid with many plugins. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Expert
What do you like best?

Free open-source software is the Notepad++. Notepad++ offers much more than only an editor functionality. It supports various languages such as XML, Java, HTML and so on. Notepad++ shows the content of the language you use. And the formatted pattern also gives you. Notepad++ supports numerous variants of encoding that make language encoding simple to modify. Notepad++ always preserves the contents of your memory, so if the content is not there due to error Notepad++. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Just less 50 MB of Notepad++ support. When you open a file with a speed of more than the 50 MB, you need to scan for the content and often it will hang up as well. Until you can save the file in this format, it can't format automatically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it, as it is open-source and easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We currently use the Notepad++ to store the database inquiry and key items that are important to me. It helps me open various standard files as well. Notepad++ is free and user-friendly. It provides plenty of features, such as encoding, supports several languages, saves a file automatically and supports several plugins. Small file powerful memory and easy search with text focus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

It is notepad with various built-in features for text editing. I like some of its features very much like error highlighting, auto indentations, auto completion of code, syntax highlighting, file parsing, etc. Some another features I like is it saves the file automatically when it is created or edited. You can close the file without saving it and after opening it you can start from where you left editing. we can also change its visual appearance like color of background and text. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I did not dislike any features of Notepad++. It may be because I have not find any better text editor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been using Notepad++ before joining this company. I use Notepad++ for various purposes like for coding practices , to save the temporary codes from my project. Sometimes, i use it to balance the braces used in my code as it highlights it if it is not balanced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

Notepad++ offers excellent text editing features and a combination between a note blog and a text editor. It enables editing of text as well as additional advanced operations. These features are useful for Notepad ++, all programmers. This tool also enables us to operate with a few papers concurrently, but one of the most remarkable coloring features is on the same page, so that you can define the programming language and it is unnecessary to reward for a license to start using this marvelous editor. It is free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Notepad ++ provides me protection for quick and accurate text editing. I feel fantastic, nominating him my favored editor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This wonderful multifunctional tool enables new languages to be established and is skilled in programming. All who need to edit text, I suggest it. It is simple, and anywhere you can work with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have used the usual software for my editing of texts and now replacing notes with Notepad ++, Notepad + is useful for me. With this method, wording and program code can be conveniently modified. Even if it doesn't know which one, it supports every programming language. In my job this app fulfills all my needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

For most programmers, text and code writers are needed. The Notepad ++ is a famous editor that may be used easily. It enables you to alter the source code in several programming languages and provides us with special features that enable us being much more productive, distinguish different color codes, that could be utilized in over forty programming languages, like HTML; Python; CSS; PHP; SQL; ASP; JavaScript; Ruby. This device does not have any boundaries, it's the features every coder desires. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Notepad ++ is important for programming. It's an effective tool for code editing as well as language understanding. This wonderful application has no issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For most programmers the editors plus copy editors are practical and it's accurate that every language with diverse syntaxes. Notepad ++, permits you to configure the vocabulary to be found as easily as you possibly can. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using this particular tool, code and text of any application program may be visualized as well as managed extremely helpfully. Notepad ++ is beneficial, not only for viewing or perhaps editing the content but also for managing info of the utmost value in the work of mine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information System Administrator
What do you like best?

Very lovely with its ability to update my daily blogs with no any assistance at all.

Intellisense makes coding faster.

Easy to code with many programming languages.

It's a cross platform software which works with many platform's.

Intuitive user interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Great software and very convenient with coding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Efficiency with intellisense which helps to auto-complete the code.

Very many plugins which are easy to intergrate with e-commerce.

Intuitive user interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Best solution with building nicest and very beautiful website.

Support so many programming languages such as HTML,CSS,C# but for now am using HTML for my blogs.

It's very easy to install and configure and takes less computer space.

Deep Learning Engineer
What do you like best?

I love Notepad++. After all, it can quickly edit plain text. It does include higher options; however, that may help advanced users like developers. I also love to determine most typical programming languages, which allows it to show the code in a clear and orderly way. It offers all of the standard features of the Windows: pasting and copying, zooming in with icons, utilizing zoom result, undoing, replacing, searching, showing secret characters. You will find many more features and options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The old school style is among probably the most significant disadvantages I do not love is its layout. Notepad ++ seems to be on Windows ninety-five, Microsoft manages to build a right user's screen for the operating system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My personal tip is usually to download and begin making use of this magnificent Notepad++, it is straightforward; it will take just a couple of minutes to obtain it. You are going to have the very best text editor as well as free code for different programming languages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Something I was able to accomplish would be to determine the most popular programming languages by Notepad ++, which helps the code to be offered orderly and clearly. The notebook shows us a large amount of scattered textual content, but doesn't include line breaks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Area Sales Manager
What do you like best?

It is our main business platform for text editing, with which we cover all the needs around this subject, and it is the greatest utility that we give it, even knowing that its functions are extensive, which range from reading files Simple text to edit source and CSV codes. It has a very professional and fundamental binary file support, it has support in several languages, at the same time it is extremely fast considering that it is based on Win32 API and STL which provides greater execution speed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is highly functional, it does not have unexpected errors when managing low storage files, as for large text documents, the platform tends to hang and file error reports. In addition to this, its results have been very effective in the company, without handling many large files to achieve greater fluency and in this way take advantage of all the potential functions and tools that it offers us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very versatile tool for any company of any kind and of any size, it is an easy-to-use editor that does not require extensive knowledge for its performance, providing the opportunity to include all staff. It has a host of truly advanced text editing features, so working in this software potentially improves business workflow and performance for the entire team. It is extremely flexible, providing the ability to add plugins with additional functions to meet any need that may arise. Various file extensions can be worked on in a very agile and useful way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The opening of programming files, we perform them in quick and detailed procedures through various analyzes and projects that optimize the organization's workflow, we use the versatility of the Python language to improve in all work capacities and perform a I work where we support each other as a team thanks to the in the function of opening multiple tabs and multiple files at the same time, making the editing processes much faster and more efficient, without the need for programmers and knowledgeable personnel advanced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Updating blogs is very simple with notepad++.

Easy to create very beautiful website for it accepts very many languages.

Downloading it is very free and more Extra charges.

Working perfectly with many databases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Works effectively with so many programming languages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Works very convenient with so many programming languages.

Easy to edit the blogs and update them.

Simple to use, download and install. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy to create and edit blogs which is simple to up date them daily.

Very compatible to code with so many programming languages such as c++, HTML,CSS, PHP.

Downloading is free with support from many online communities.

Takes less storage space in the computer and less memory space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

You can call this as notepad plus built-in features. Yes coolest thing I have ever come across. This software comes with preloaded features like file parsing ,error highlighting, auto indentations, xml tagging, auto completion, syntax highlighting, show hidden characters in text including line breaks and carriage returns. Another which makes this software out of the box is it auto saves temporary edited or created file. One can open and write multiple document in the same window without saving the unsaved data, and guess what, you can start editing your unsaved data where you had last left. You can open as many tabs inside the software and navigate between them. Even it offers you the flexibility to save the file in other formats. You can change the text editor visual appearance starting from text color to text background. It also comes with lots of plugins which you can install to get better out of it. I like the git plugin, where you can directly commit, check the difference in files, revert and all other git operations. Moreover, all these comes in less than 4mb. Its light weight and fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't find any better text editor than this till date. Nothing to dislike about this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I guess one can use it for personal use as well as in business scenarios. Its flexibility, ease of use, and fastness makes it stand out from the crowd. So it will be a great experience who are using other text editor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been using notepad++ since I joined industry. I use it to save temporary codes or text or use the feature of syntax highlighting for finding the method names, collapse the functions to check proper brace parity or to find all method invoker. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.