Notability Reviews & Product Details

Notability Overview

What is Notability?

Notability offers note-taking and sketching tools.

Notability Details

Notability offers note-taking and sketching tools.

Gingerlabs
2008
San Francisco, CA
@NotabilityApp
Answer a few questions to help the Notability community
Have you used Notability before?

Notability Reviews

Showing 25 Notability reviews
Already have Notability?
Keynote Speaker | Executive Coach | Consultant
Professional Training & Coaching
UL
What do you like best?

I like that you can straighten out your highlighting by holding your finger down an extra second. That makes my PDFs look a lot neater and cleaner. I also really like that you can resize any handwriting that you make directly on the PDF. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how the "undo" button doesn't really work... Like sometimes it works and at other times, it doesn't and sometimes it erases a mark that is not the last one made. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try using this over OneNote! You'll like it much better. My only criticism is that it's harder to organize your notes than in OneNote Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This makes note taking easier and more fun. It also make storing my electronic notes in one place easy. I hated taking notes from a PDFd document before Notability. Now, I prefer having PDF copies of all my texts instead of having a paper version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There are obviously tons of features available on Notability. It makes note taking fun, educational, and has everything packaged into one app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The things that Notability is doing aren’t new. There are many apps that offer some of the services for free. This would require the user to download more than one app and then there’s a possibility that you wouldn’t be able to transfer notes. I worry that after I am finished with my education the money spent on Notability will be wasted as I may no longer use the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I began using Notability toward the end of my academic journey. I wish I had known about the product when I began in order to get more use. If you don’t have much time left in school and are unsure if you will use the program post grad- it may be better to utilize a free app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As stated prior, many apps would Need to be utilized to get the same affect as Notability.All the features increase my motivation to study and revisit my notes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Professor
What do you like best?

Ease of the interface. The best note taking app. Simple joy. Also great for zoom calls. I also love the laser pointer function when connecting to zoom calls. It does me to point on the screen without writing, which is a great way to explain the material. Overall the fact that I can use multiple colors, easily cut and paste, make this a truly unique product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes shrinking the region does not work well. Requires a lot of effort. Same with moving regions. I often have to try it many times, and sometimes cannot succeed no matter how many times I try. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just get it. Amazing product. Cannot go wrong. At this stage I cannot function without notability. No more paper notes I lose Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Doing research. Also great as whiteboard during zoom calls. Have me a great way to teach classes, even after the covid situation. I love the fact you can easily convert to PDF and send it out right from the application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Intern
What do you like best?

I love being able to share and download so easily with the app. As a student, it makes it so easy to download course work and annotate directly onto it. It’s also convenient sharing notes with peers. The split screen function is very convenient as well- having two notes open at once makes it a lot easier. Dragging photos into notes is so helpful and easy. I use notability to take all my notes in medical school. It is so much easier to use over classic paper and pencil notes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like how it is not available on windows/androids. I have an iPad and a windows laptop- if i could share notes between the two devices it would make the app even better. I also would like if you could make more folders within other folders to help organize notes further - ideally I would have 1 large folder for a semester with folders for each class within that and then folders specific to different topics within the class folders. There are also some frequent glitches that make the app run a little less smoothly- commonly I can’t scroll or write with my pen until I exit the note and come back to it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s great if you have a tablet to use it on- I have not used it on a computer so I don’t know how it works on a laptop/desktop but I would imagine a lot of notability’ s benefits would not be as useful if you are not able to use a tablet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to take notes much more efficiently. Being able to download course packs, power points, PDFs ect. And take notes directly onto them is awesome. Also being able to have all my notes with me on my iPad saves paper, space, and time. It’s great being able to just take my iPad with me nd having everything I need. I also love being able to search through all of my notes for key words- it makes finding specific information super easy and quick. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Specialist Tutor
What do you like best?

I'm an educational therapist. And I use the Notability app with iPad Pro + Apple pencil. Solely, I was using it for note- taking purposes. COVID-19 created a situation where I needed to switch to online instruction at short notice. I tried many virtual whiteboards but none of them came handy till my son, a teen with special needs, who is also a heavy user of Notability in the university told me that Notability could be re-purposed to be a virtual whiteboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Notability freezes when shared via Zoom. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This assistive technology adaption helped me to deliver my lesson with ease and confidence. My lesson plans, lesson notes, instructional worksheets, and the whiteboard all in one app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

US
What do you like best?

I really like all the different features that notability has to offer including image insertion the different colors of pencil marks in the different tabs as well as the option to include voice. When it comes to work it really helped me organize my ideas and present it to my team and they were very impressed by the visuals that the app provided in dissecting the discussion at hand even further Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really wish that there was a way to add the voiceovers to certain aspects of your notes. There’s also no way to really move the folders around in a different order which is frustrating sometimes but other than that it’s pretty great. The great thing about Notability is that they are constantly making updates which definitely help keep the users engaged Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend notability to everyone who wants to organize their thoughts and give it a more visual representation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Overall I don’t really see many problems with Notability it is a fantastic tool for up-and-coming college students it saves a lot of paper as well. The many benefits of using Notability include the layering the subjects option the different colors of pencils the different tabs the ability to share these notes with your friends in an instant in PDF format or any other format that you choose. Notability also has a left-handed feature. And as someone who is left-handed herself this really helps me use the app to the optimal value possible Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The app that means I can use my ipad to replace pen and paper. Used throughout education to record lectures, neatly write equations and easily conduct reworks. Goodbye, educational books, notepads and pencil cases.... this is all you need Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Genuinely not much.... perhaps better integration with PowerPoint, speaker notes are lost on import. That’s the only thing I can think of that’s bugged me while using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Now only need to pick up my iPad and pencil and I have everything I need for a day at uni thanks to note ability Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

Great easy to use handwritten notes app. Some good basic drawing features and the synced audio recordings is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The organization of notes is not intuitive and with a lot of notes an a lot of projects it becomes very hard to manage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it for handwritten notes when working with my coaching clients. And for taking notes during training and classes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

I like the pen style and the fact that it is very simple and easy to use. Notability included only the useful stuff to make it with a minimum interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One feature that is missing is the option to crop a picture taken with the camera and scale/resize/fit like a scanner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this tools for those who want a simple tool to take notes. It’s the best note I have ever tested. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I’m using using notability to take notes in my classes and meetings with my iPad Pro. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that I can sync my files instantly

To all of my devices. I love that I can take notes in class directly on PowerPoint files using my apple pen and files uploaded to

Notability. I have pdf textbooks uploaded to that I take notes on. I have folders for each class and beautiful files saved on each. I can search any key word and find every time it was ever mentioned in lecture. It saves me so much time by helping find stuff in my notes. I also read notes on the phone app when I have down times. Basically it keeps me organized in school and it’s honestly worth double what I paid for the app Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing this app is the greasiest app I’ve ever purchased! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get the app on all of your devices. It will come in so handy for studying when you have downtime like in line at Starbucks or at the gym. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It keeps me so organized. It helps me access information from my notes so fast. My notes are clean and color codes and written both free hand and directly on powerpoints or textbooks. It saves me so much space because I don’t have to use paper anymore. I just use my notability app and my apple pen for all my school needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Graduate Research Assistant
Biotechnology
What do you like best?

It is so easy to use. great place to store documents, or to create content in the app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have issues using this on my iPhone. It seems that if I go more than a few days without using the app all of my content needs to be redownloaded from the cloud. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for personal use. I don't see this as a project that would be beneficial for collaborative project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use this software to organize documents and notes. It allows me to easily organize them by project, annotate and share. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

In using Notability on my iPad, the thing I love most is the ability to write in an organized way in my own handwriting. The Notability app on the iPad offers a zoom in tool while writing that keeps your lines straight and allows you to write naturally. On my Mac, Notability also allows for safe organization of all files into folders and allows files to be connected through the Cloud. Notability also allows voice recordings to be added directly to files, which is something that is beneficial in all sorts of environments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike is the tools offered in the Mac version. In writing something in regular text, for example, there are not many effects or fonts available to customize your work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend using Notability on your iPad versus a PC or Mac. Not that the product does not function on these, but the ease of use and tools offered on an iPad exceed what can be done on a Mac or PC. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Notability provides multiple business benefits, but the main one being organization. Notability allows notes to not only be recorded in an organized way, but for files to be saved, uploaded, and viewed in the most efficient way possible. In note taking, it also allows for portions of a file to be highlighted or noted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ergonomist and Human Factor advisor (EUR-ERG)
Environmental Services
What do you like best?

I like the versatility. you can write on your iPad notes using apple pencil, or type down notes and record audio file. everything you o you can find it on your laptop Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

if you take a picture the resolution is too high and the file becomes very heavy and hard to share Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it every day. I take notes and share them with clients and colleagues. If I deliver a lesson I use as it if were a Flipchart writer notes in real time and project them by a projector Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Love that I can search my own handwriting (which is terrible) and find what I'm looking for in a huge quantity of notes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can't insert notes into previously written notes. Wish there were more than 2 levels of saving notes/files and more ways to organize. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Most beneficial tool I brought in to my work life all year Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Switched form using spiral notebooks for my daily work notes. Now can sort and save my notes. Do everything on my iPad now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This product has really been great to allow members of the team to customize their notes from team meetings and any other events. You are able to edit things to your liking, add voice overs or record, and write in your own notes in order for things to best make sense to you. It has really given our team the ability to customize things enough so that it makes it more valuable to them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At this time I just wish that it was easier to share across platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Making it easier for people to access meeting notes and add it what they deem necessary and valuable to them. Making people more productive and on top of their game. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Program Monitor Birth to Three
Education Management
What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to record lectures and organize myself by class. I can easily back track and go back to something I specifically wrote. I also love the update- where your handwriting is searchable and you can also convert it to standard text. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the app could be a little flexible for categorizing or bullding binders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it for both work and as a graduate student. I find it easy to take notes and search through them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

student
What do you like best?

I like to the way it is compatible with writing. It feels smooth use input by keyboard or Apple Pencil. It also provide a nice recording function Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I hope there could be more paper types to choose so that it makes the note better to look. I also think it is not good for collaboration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it is worthwhile to buy this software if you prefer handwriting yet want to keep a digital record Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I keep notes with it for preparing my daily activity record. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I love that Notability allows you to mark-up nearly any document using the highlighting function, drawing, text boxes, and even allows for audio recording. This tool has greatly improved my productivity and I am able to share modified documents with ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about Notability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Notability is a great tool for increased productivity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Notability allows me to modify documents and share them with my team members. I can download office memos, mark them up in real time, and add audio recording to get the most out of my meeting experiences. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My favorite thing is the ability to record the meeting while you take notes so you can click on a certain note you took and hear exactly what the person was talking about at that moment. Incredible stuff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I love everything about this application, the only things I had complaints about like not being able to search your text was changed in an update. So since that was fixed, no complaints! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use this application, it truly is amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving the issues of taking notes more efficiently and having all of my subjects neat and in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co Owner
What do you like best?

Great note taking app. I like the ability to record while writing. Create different subject tabs and it has different paper backgrounds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like for it to be more user intuitive. And have better menu settings. Like be able to make quick changes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps me organize my memos a lot better. Its easy to use and to store notes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clinical Assistant
Medical Practice
What do you like best?

really useful for taking notes in classes - i like the fact that you can type, highlight, and mark the notes/slides with a stylus / pencil Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

sometimes the program glitches and i can’t download / open the notes or the notes won’t back up to google docs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

using them to take notes during meetings / keeping up with work process Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to annotate PDFs and also searching through documents including your own handwriting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how you can't make subfolders when organizing your notes. Also, you have to buy a separate version for mobile and desktop so most people only buy one which is annoying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Worth the money Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

More organized note taking during meetings or research. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Graduate Research Assistant
Nanotechnology
What do you like best?

It has stable sync with clouds and supports apple pen feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Somewhat slow when it has many items in one note. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Much improvement of productivity using iPad Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Remove old-fashioned paper note to synchronized digital note all over the devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UV
What do you like best?

Notability easily integrates PDF to the app for easy note taking. I like that we can record lectures. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hard to convert powerpoints that I had to download to the app.

Limited ways to edit photos to add to notes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy way to download PDFs, place your notes and comments, and easily sent the new edited PDF via email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.