Nitro Productivity Suite Reviews & Product Details

Nitro Productivity Suite Overview

What is Nitro Productivity Suite?

Nitro helps individuals and businesses streamline document processes, eliminate unnecessary printing, lower costs, and fully enable remote work. The Nitro Productivity Suite™ is the core solution, providing customers with: integrated PDF productivity via Nitro Pro™, unlimited eSigning via Nitro Sign™, and business intelligence via Nitro Analytics™ tools through a horizontal, SaaS, and desktop-based software suite.

Nitro Productivity Suite Details
German, English, French, Italian, Dutch, Spanish

Reduce printing and enable 100% digital workflows with the only integrated solution that combines powerful PDF productivity tools and unlimited electronic signatures. It's productivity unleashed!

The Nitro Productivity Suite is the premier document productivity solution that provides PDF editing and unlimited eSigning together in one affordable package. With unmatched Customer Success and Nitro Analytics, we can help your business accelerate user adoption, optimize document workflows, drive measurable digital transformation, and demonstrate ROI.

Nitro, Inc
2005
San Francisco, CA
@nitroHQ

Nitro Productivity Suite Videos

Nitro Productivity Suite Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Nitro Productivity Suite community
Have you used Nitro Productivity Suite before?

Nitro Productivity Suite Reviews

Showing 177 Nitro Productivity Suite reviews
Location
Already have Nitro Productivity Suite?
What do you like best?

I love that it was just a one time fee and I was able to purchase the software. The software that I had switched from was a monthly fee and was getting far too expensive. I wanted something that I owned and didn't have to deal with a monthly payment. I did a lot of research before settling on Nitro Pro, and I'm so happy with my decision! It's very easy to use, and I love that it eliminated TWO different programs that I was using previously because it has the ability to do both! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find anything that I dislike about Nitro Pro. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I believe there was an option to make payments or to just outright buy it. I would absolutely suggest the savings route and buy it outright. I have had zero issues and would highly recommend Nitro Pro to anyone wanting to save some money, but also have a great software program that does it all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to use it to view PDFs, edit PDFs, send PDFs on to clients for review and signature. It's great that it does it ALL. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

I especially like that this product makes it easy to work with pdf documents. Whether you are creating new documents of working with existing ones the Nitro product enables you to easily edit or convert these documents to other formats. The signature tools works consistently and doesn't have the issues that I have experience with Adobe Acrobat. The product is very intuitive to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about this product. It is less expensive and works better than Adobe Acrobat. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Wanted a comprehensive pdf document management suite. The benefits of this product are that it is less expensive to license and easier to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Nitro Productivity Suite
What do you like best?

The ease of use is far better than anything I've used in the past 25 years. The speed, accuracy of scans and the ability to control man options is fantastic and much more user friendly than the current "mainstream" versions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm still waiting for the ability to directly link .db and .dbf files directly to the PDF forms (ie open a form and it immediately imports the data in the db / dbf files into the appropriate fields.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our clients have to sign and file a lot of forms. The ability to e-sign and update forms is so simple and easy it's stunning. We have cut form and payment turn around from weeks into days. Most turn around happens in less than 12 hours.

Our clients are able to receive their payments faster, applications are filed quicker and being processed much faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and overall function of suite. Allowing me to view current unsigned documents- resend for signatures or delete as needed and the ability to archive them. I also like the ability to set signing order which is important for specific documents that require many different department heads approval. I often use the search feature in the archive which allows me to quickly find old signed documents and re-download them which is faster than finding them by our own internal system or processes. I also very much enjoy being able to create a pdf from my email and combine multiple saved pdfs into one larger document. This is huge for me as I combine all invoices and approval documents for batch approvals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like if the Archive section allowed for those archived items to be sorted into different folders. As I get more and more data saved in my archive I believe being able to further sort and separate those archived documents would make this even easier. Additionally I would like to be able to better edit a document that was rejected or marked with notes. I find that the easiest thing to do when this happens is to delete the document and resend it with the revision I need. I know there is a way to edit your document after you have sent it for signatures but not in a way that works with my needs. I need to be able to delete or add info to the pdf and it doesn't seem possible to make these changes inside the portal itself which would be helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to move away from printing all our invoices and instead save them with an editable pdf to send for signatures. I am saving a few hours every week as well as tons of paper by being able to review add and send documents 100% electronically. It has improved accuracy of document return as well since the paper copies can't be lost or left on someone's desk. I am able to monitor what documents are needing signatures and which have been signed on the portal itself. We were forced to find an electronic solution when CoVid sent many of us to work from home and we are grateful to have such a fantastic solution. This allowed us to work safely from home strengthening our roles with our employer and finding a long term solution which improves our overall productivity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease of which PDF's can be signed for customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The file storage could be better, it is difficult to navigate if I am looking for a file that is older. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend it especially for users who do not have a very strong technology background because of how easy it is to install and use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No major problems, sometimes Microsoft Edge won't display the website correctly. The benefits are the ease of which we can have PDF documents signed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like having the ability to prepare and submit documents for review and multiple signature receipt. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The program is not super intuitive and easy to navigate at the beginning. The feature I found the most difficult is the editing feature. (I have not really conquered this) Once most of the processes are learned, they are fairly simple to utilize. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a pretty easy program to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Thsi product makes sending documents for multiple signature easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pharmacist
What do you like best?

"Nitro Productivity Suite" is very friendly to its customers. It removes all the barriers and hurdles in the world of digital word processing. The most important features are;

Editing PDF document, Copying text, Snapshot or highlight text, and Insert text and Images Quick signing the document. Besides, the more technical part is combining PDF and export to a different format like MS Excel, Word, and other formats.

The best of the best feature of NITRO " OCR."

In a real sense, NITRO is a jewel at my desktop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

"Nitro" is a full-fledged and complete set for e-documents, and I have never come across any flaws. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Optical Character Recognition is one of the solutions to get rid of typing long hours texts and conversion of documents to other formats. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UO
What do you like best?

OCR and PDF Text editing

Nitro cloud signatures Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Alt -F-A (save as hot key) does not work. Reviewing community forum posts i can see that Nitro was first made aware of this issue in 2017 and has done nothing to fix it.

I dislike that Nitro is not actively working to eliminate flaws in their existing product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nitro has helped save time and make out operations more efficient. Good solid work truck Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used to chase signatures for weeks. With Nitro cloud signatures I no longer have a problem getting needed signatures and I can use my time more effectively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have used Nitro PDF as my PDF software for years, but this year due to COVID started using Nitro Sign to get tax forms signed by my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing it does everything it is supposed to and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For the price of Nitro PDF, you will have everything you need to handle your PDF files and then you will have electronic signatures and other features as a bonus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Electronic signing eliminated the use of e-courier and the encrypted share feature gave my clients the ease of nothing their personal information isn't floating around the internet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have many clients that have said that accessing documents to sign digitally is now a breeze. Even the auditor is impressed with the ability to get a copy sent to him with the audit trail included for download.

I have even the most technically challenged clients able to sign and return documents with ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The upload of documents for signing can be limited and requires sometimes multiple packs to be sent Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Return of documents from client in a timely matter and the need for me to scan them is now removed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EL
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Converting pdfs to word documents. Editing PDFs. Saving word documents so changes can't be made. Inserting text or signatures to pdfs. Deleting pages. Combining documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

That I can accomplish my goals easily. There are headings that help me find the tools that I need easily. I don't need to spend a lot of time searching for how to do something. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not had any issues with Nitro that would lead me to say there is anything I dislike. The only issues I ever have related to my computer system and accessing Nitro Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Nothing about the software is impressive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Had I known that Nitro does not autodetect form fields, I NEVER would have purchased it. Nitro expects a user to manually drag text fields one at a time through a document filled with fields? What a product failure. This is such a basic feature I just presumed that Nitro had it. Makes it completely unusable. What a waste.  I will NOT be purchasing any additional licenses for my office. Back to Adobe which has had this basic feature for years. Terrible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Needed it to create forms, which it does not do unless you are willing to do each field one at a time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TC
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

PDF reviewing and editing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use, very similar to Adobe. Great functionality. OCR converting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Obviously not as good as Adobe (they are the standard). Can be a bit clunky. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good program.is it worth it over Adobe? Not sure Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I work with contracts. Cost saving over Adobe as well as page extraction and OCR functions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Junior IT Specialist - Software Asset Management
What do you like best?

Best thing about using Nitro's component NitroPDF is the fact that you can select text from PDF file and copy it, even if it's not treated as plain text. The app is able to read letters and convert them to copiable text. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As I mentioned, I really admire the feature that enables copying text from PDF. However, it usually takes time and sometimes the quality is bad, e.a. letters are flawed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a part of my daily work I receive documents in PDF and need to copy some data from them to other files. I can easily do it with Nitro PDF. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vet Customer Service Pharmacy Tech
Pharmaceuticals
What do you like best?

Nitro works very well in terms of creating PDFs. With Nitro set as a printer option, it’s easy to ‘print’ a form to Nitro and have it pop up quickly. It is very simple to combine multiple pages into one file also. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nitro can be exteemely slow to load. There are several times when I have sent 4 or 5 pages over, and it takes it 3 or 4 minutes to get the forms saitched over. In a fast paced job that few minutes can really slow you down. Also, Nitro has an option to write on or edit your PDF. Almost every time I do this and try to combine pages, the program crashes. That leaves me with having to start over and usually print the page I needed to make notes on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In my job every order we take requires a minimum of 4 pages to move through the system between different departments in the business. By combining files in Nitro, it allows you to send one file theough the system easily and lessen the amount of paper waste. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CI
What do you like best?

It has a great intuitive UI, easy to use to create / join / edit PDFs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the formatting of the pdf changes when converted to Word, however I think it mainly depends on what all components were added in the original word document. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When there is a quick need to edit a pdf without having the original word document handy, the PDF -> word conversion helps a lot. Especially working in a global company sometimes the original word document maybe with a person who has a 12 hours timezone difference with you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The digital signature function, with signing order. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The search and filter function doesn't work very well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes it easier to get documents done from employees working remotely. This makes it easier for the transition to digital. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use, cost effective. Nitro Sign Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The lack of ability to print to PDF Via a "Letterhead" watermark. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saving time and money on Printing by going paperless Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT
What do you like best?

As a small business that needed to find a PDF solution that was both feature rich and affordable, Nitro has met our needs nicely. The software is easy to install and use and lets users manipulate their documents in whatever way they need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only possible downsides to bringing Nitro into your environment is that users only accustomed to other PDF products may feel like they are getting a lesser product because it doesn't have the name recognition however, once they use the product it becomes all about the money we saved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great value over competing products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Throughout our company we have users that need to be able to manipulate PDFs including converting them to Word, creating forms and signing documents. ACDSee has been able to fill all these needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Human Resources Positions
Staffing and Recruiting
What do you like best?

Nitro PDF gives us the chance to merge and arrange fast and efficient files as desired. Complete PDF suite lets me use PDF files to do anything I can think of, such as transferring pages within files, naming and making calls. Also, it is very useful for editing document administrator files and it was quite helpful to turn a PDF file into fully editable text. A few times we have contacted the customer support, and attention has always been great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The integration with Microsoft Office software wasn't always effective for the local version we used. Often, our groups have to deal with advanced functionalities that sometimes are very hard to understand. Also, I think support should have representatives in several languages (not a complain, but a suggestion). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Microsoft Office is doing well to print PDF files only, but to do many more thing with PDF files it is definitely easier to choose Nitro PDF. It is beneficial to develop, handle and update PDF files for any company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We selected Nitro as in an attempt to cut costs associated with the investment in Adobe throughout the company, and we discovered that, in order to extract and merge PDF files, Nitro PDF Pro is the best, as well as to post e-books or reports that others do not want to edit. I would say Nitro PDF is used almost on every department of my company, as we all have to handle PDF files one way or the other. At the moment, we have purchased 16 certificates for the very same price as 4 Adobe full version, so we are winning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Positions
What do you like best?

Nitro PDF allows you to quickly access PDF files without expending too much money. Besides, it brings all the required functionalities my company needs, particularly at a lower cost than Adobe. Calling, calculations, row sorting, clouding... all these PDF processes for design can be done with Nitro PDF. It includes multi-user document management where teamwork is needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Certain saving numbers had been misplaced sometimes when working with Nitro PDF with no particular reason. Also, in the Citrix setting the software appears to work a bit slowly. The previous version was not very reliable, so I hope the next one is patched and can work better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Because of the functionality and the price, which is less than other tool, Nitro PDF is able to fulfill all the standards for us. It would, I believe, be less ideal for computers which already use some cloud software, as the interaction between these two tools may be problematic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Like most employees, most of our writing was done in Microsoft Office. However, try to work with PDF files, not just to read them, was a long and tedious process for us where we had to use alternative programs. With Nitro PDF we found a way to work with PDF exactly the way we wanted it. We instantly purchase the licenses making it available for around 100 workers. It has worked as an important tool in design when observing and reviewing experiences. Also, it is frequently used by our executives while they write contracts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Human Resources Positions
Public Relations and Communications
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Nitro has several simple to use editing features. The one-time transaction is better for most businesses when it comes to end results. It is useful for those approved to register, such as executives or other members with high range. Protecting PDF files is also another great function they use to make sure that the document cannot be updated after the data get out of reach. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nitro does not perform well sometimes as it seems to be hard to understand some visual characters. I would like to have the ability to generate new documents by creating a size. Also, the program has not been updated as often as I needed to. I wish it could emulate more Adobe Photoshop, as for the end-user features it would be a bit better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nitro is quite genuinely ideal for any type of company. If you want Nitro functionality to delete documents, export PDF files and re-mix PDF, then you should pick this tool. However, using Nitro will not be suited if you need near compatibility with other Adobe devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a way to switch PDF files and we wanted to buy some Adobe Full Version licenses originally, but I realized I had to dig for something less expensive that could do the same tasks, and that's when I discovered Nitro. This is used to secure data, submit editions into the inner team and work with a large number of teams with outside collaborators. Nitro has a very large support team, which has shown value when it comes to designing and applying the device. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.