What do you like best?
• Excellent customer service and partnership
• Work with you to figure out the best way forward; offer recommendations and best practices
• Fast support response times
• Have one point of contact for implementation and beyond
• Senior involvement when needed
• Extensive knowledge of IT Financial Management discipline and practices
• Report building / manipulation is easy
• OOTB Error reports on the Bill of IT data sources allow for quick identification and resolution
• OOTB pre-bill reports in the Bill of IT allow for analysis and changes prior to finalizing
• The customized instructions for each module that Nicus develops and maintains are very helpful
What do you dislike?
• User interface of the tool could be more “pretty”/user friendly/icons
• No ability to link the Planning module to the Cost Modeling portal
• Can’t change (or see) some of the internal logic that we built in
o Adding or changing data sources requires Nicus support
• Needed to build custom reports to be able to see and maintain the costs of IT Services before they get consumed by the module
• Like in an accounting system, once you finalize a month you can’t go back and change anything; can only change through future adjustments
o Since most customers use this as an “invoicing” tool I understand why, but since we’re not I was hoping we could customize the hard close
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
Our run-the-business costs were increasing year over year and no one was in a position to explain why. We are using Nicus to get a handle on our spend from a service and consumer perspective, with a particular focus on application Total Cost of Ownership.