Nextup Jira Connector

Nextup Jira Connector is a JIRA bot for Slack.

Work for Nextup Jira Connector?

Learning about Nextup?

Nextup Jira Connector Reviews

Ask Nextup a Question
Showing 17 Nextup reviews
Nextup review by Richard S.
Richard S.

"Makes communication and coordination easy, and helps us move faster."

What do you like best?

It is incredibly seamless and informative. A simple mention of the Jira issue number in chat causes a compact, detailed summary to appear for the issue, helping everyone stay on the same page throughout the conversation. I don't have to go hunting for a link to drop into chat, I can just mention the issue number and it takes care of the rest.

What do you dislike?

The summaries can take up a lot of space, as they include a large number of the issue's fields. I wish there was an option to choose which fields to include to reduce clutter.

It's difficult to memorize all of the details of an issue, and it's cumbersome to hunt for links to issues every time you want to reference them in a team discussion. The integration speeds up our daily stand-ups, and has greatly improved communication and understanding between our support staff and engineers.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Nextup Jira Connector
Nextup review by Craig F.
Craig F.

"One of the most valuable tools in our kit"

What do you like best?

Having JiraBot in our channels! It pinging on mention of tickets and ability to jump right to JIRA with the ticket open + transition them is HUGE.

What do you dislike?

Nothing can think of really! It has performed outstanding and only thing may be good would be a way to see who's linked and who's not but even that process they make pretty well as it pings users when they try to use and unlinked

We heavily use JIRA and tossing tickets around had no context and had to copy / paste into JIRA to find. Plus the ability to change tickets within slack is HUGE. Our team absolutely loves this above anything else on slack, Everytime someone mentions a JIRA ticket the nextup bot tosses up a summary with link and capabilities which is such a small thing but with SUCH a major impact on our productivity.

What Productivity Bots solution do you use?

Nextup review by Pheng S.
Pheng S.

"Fantastic Experience with Nextup.ai!"

What do you like best?

Eliminates duplication of work by integrating Slack and Jira applications. Allows work to become highly visible to responsible parties in respective Slack channels. Customer service has been on point and a very positive experience.

What do you dislike?

There was a bug at one point that duplicated the responses. However, after contacting Customer Support chat, they were able to review our account and resolve the issue in a timely manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is pretty much one of the best 'add-ons' you can get for Slack to Jira as not only is it a great bang for your buck, it is so easy to use and makes work across departments so much more efficient.

Duplication. Benefits=visibility, automation, effective communication, easy assignment of duties.

Nextup review by Philip C.
Philip C.

"Great integration!"

What do you like best?

I love that you just have to type (or paste) a JIRA number in a thread, and the integration pulls back lots of info about the issue automatically!

What do you dislike?

I can't say i dislike anything about the @nextup integration for JIRA & Slack. i don't use every feature, but that's mainly because I am in JIRA all day (I'm a Project Manager), so it's just easy to do most things there in JIRA.

Everyone wants to move FAST. Not having to copy & paste links to JIRA issues in Slack seems like a minor thing. But when you're providing updates, or asking for more information from the team about multiple issues, just typing away on the keyboard , and having the integration do all the linking work is really fantastic.

Nextup review by Benjamin P.
Benjamin P.

"Streamlines some tedious JIRA issue handling obstacles by allowing a variety of controls in Slack"

What do you like best?

The customer service. When I reach out to the Nextup Team. They reply via chat within 3 minutes every time and are very knowledgable about the functinalities of their product, as well as its limitations. However, they are always willing to provide clever workarounds.

What do you dislike?

Right now my biggest issue is the lack of the functionality to attach images or files to Tickets... mostly because my company regularly attaches Screenshots to our tickets. HOWEVER, I requested a quick workaround with the team, which they deployed in 3 days... and then placed the larger feature request of adding images as a priority in their development pipeline. Really great example of a company listening to their customer pain points to prioritize feature development.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the documentation! It's not too long and very helpful!

Saves me about an hour a day logging tickets, adding and viewing comments. And it completely overhauled our Bug reporting / logging process for the non-technical members of my team. Instead of telling me 50 bugs a day, they use a simple slack command to log them.

Nextup review by Anthony A.
Anthony A.

"Makes quickly refering to and managing cards with the team easy."

What do you like best?

Being able to condense quick cards or placeholders into a single sentence command is great for adding feature and bug cards during testing/retrospective discussions. Being able to quickly see an issue summary when discussing with team mates is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to set up some defaults like project, task type, etc, so I could just type something like "create bug Log-in button deletes all users", since I sometimes like to rapid fire bug cards into Jira when doing testing.

We're a remote-only company, and most of our conversation is done via Slack and Hangouts. Having Jira integration available right from Slack streamlines our process and discussions.

Nextup review by Gutenberg N.
Gutenberg N.

"Must-have integration"

What do you like best?

Since our team uses JIRA for project management, we constantly need to refer to tasks. Nextup Jira Connector makes this an easy and seamless process and has quickly become an important part of our process.

What do you dislike?

The initial setup takes a little time as it needs to be enabled for each channel, but nothing major.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For any company that uses JIRA, I can't think of a reason not to use this product.

In a software development process, being able to easily refer to tasks that are being worked on is a major time-saver. This is exactly what Nextup Jira Connector allows us to do.

Nextup review by Marcy H.
Marcy H.

"Win-win collaboration tool at it's best!"

What do you like best?

Easy cross-reference of Jira tasks with #slack conversations. As a Project Manager with multiple teams, I spend 80% of my day in these 2 apps and it's critical to have those details front and center as the team works together!

What do you dislike?

I can think of nothing about the integration that's negative.

Quick reference of Development tasks as we are sharing ideas and commentary within our Slack conversations. Brings a quick-click access to real time work references.

Nextup review by Rajeev S.
Rajeev S.

"Instant productivity boost! "

What do you like best?

The best thing about Next-up is you can create a ticket and upload screenshots in seconds right from Slack. Great customer support! The bot is quite impressive!

I would highly recommend this to anyone who is building a product and require JIRA management right from Slack.

What do you dislike?

I know the team is working on the scrum/stand up feature. That is the only feature I would request.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every startup, entrepreneur, solopreneur should consider using Nextup with Slack. Must have!

Visibility and collaboration. My entire team can view the JIRA tickets right on our slack channel.

Nextup review by Robert K.
Robert K.

"Awesome service "

What do you like best?

I came across nextup jira connector while looking for a possibility to connect jira with Slack and it is a great tool to interact with jira inside Slack

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing about nextup jira that I dislike

Jumping between jira and Slack

Nextup review by G2 User
G2 User

"A CLI for Jira"

What do you like best?

Being able to manipulate Jira tasks inside of Slack is a godsend. I do most everything in CLI and Slack, the exception was Jira but now its not.

Features keep on expanding and improving

What do you dislike?

Custom field integration requires some thought and work

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bookmark the documentation

Quicker to create and edit tasks

Nextup review by James L.
James L.

"Straight forward, works as expected"

What do you like best?

Linking references to JIRA tickets within Slack channels, JIRA search integration for daily open issues

What do you dislike?

Adding the bot manually to every channel is a bit of pain, but understandable.

Enabling engineers to quickly access referenced JIRA tickets from Slack

Nextup review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Very effective for Agile scrum team who are using JIRA tool

What do you dislike?

Nothing, however later after hearing from our developers we can update you back as we just started using this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are currently evaluating this product.

We are able to use this to create workflow process by replacing with an AI based Scrum master.

Nextup review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Doesn't work for JIRA server"

What do you like best?

The idea of this link is really good, but the free trial didn't work for me

What do you dislike?

The free trial didn't work for me. The price is too high to justify buying it without this.

I wanted to link JIRA and Stride so that infomration could be communicated easily

Nextup review by User

"Review"

What do you like best?

It’s a useful tool to help us keep track of our ticketing system internally.

What do you dislike?

I’m just not a huge fan of ticketing systems in general, nothing specific to this provider.

We haven’t had many issues, but our processes are streamlined

Nextup review by User in Computer Software

"Manage Jira from Slack 👍🏻"

What do you like best?

Convenience is great. The overall idea is even better.

What do you dislike?

Connection breaks between Jira version upgrades.

Increased efficiency (was the goal)

Nextup review by Consultant

"Member"

What do you like best?

Communication with coworkers.

What do you dislike?

No ability to quickly tag People in com

It’s a great tool

Learning about Nextup Jira Connector?

* We monitor all Nextup Jira Connector reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.