Newswire Reviews & Product Details

Staff Writer
Media Production
What do you like best?

Fast news distribution, accuracy, ease of access Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all. Would try again. Looks to use in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quick access to news Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Newswire Overview

What is Newswire?

Empowering the Earned Media Advantage. Distribute your news to traditional and digital media outlets using our press release distribution services, making it easy to launch and track effective press release campaigns. Transform your press releases into the Earned Media Advantage: Increase Brand Awareness, Drive More Traffic and Generate Greater Return with Your Media Communications Spend! - Press Release Distribution - Media Database - Media Watch - Analytics - Media Room - Customer Success - Earned Media Advantage Guided Tour Newswire continues to provide comprehensive distribution to leading media outlets. We support our clients with a variety of solutions from writing services to targeted media pitching. Let's Get Started! Call us today to learn and experience Newswire.

Newswire Details

Newswire is an online press release distribution platform that helps businesses increase online visibility and web presence.

Newswire.com is simple, flexible and cost-effective.

Along with real Customer Service geared to assist with specific client needs, we offer the best-targeted media distribution money can buy while providing detailed user analytics to track the performance of every press release. Newswire provides the best value by saving clients valuable time and money.

Newswire's vision for the future is to continue to develop easier ways to connect stories to audiences across emerging channels. Press release distribution will continue to evolve as technology advances and consumers turn to social media more and more for their news.

Newswire.com

Showing 268 Newswire reviews
Already have Newswire?
Principal
Director of Marketing
What do you like best?

The interface is much better than PRNewswire. It's really simple and easy to use, the newsroom is great and the individual releases look good. Additionally, the multimedia options make the release look like it's on a real news site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I know they have a lot of different types of distribution pricing option and it's not really clear the benefits of using the different types of distribution options. I typically just choose the $100 option and it seems to get us on all the syndicate sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I've used two other systems and seen more and Newswire certainly has the most straightforward process. I have never used their news writing service but will consider it. The releases look really nice in the newsroom, it feels robust and professional and the release landing pages look much more modern than other services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We wanted a relatively inexpensive, yet professional way to distribute our releases. I like being able to link directly to the Newswire-hosted release. What I love is that the platform is really simple to use and to add multiple elements to a release, which I like. The newsroom makes us look much more professional than other services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

COO, Co-Founder and Digital Marketing Consultant
What do you like best?

The Newswire support team is top-notch. They are highly responsive, easy to reach, and always very helpful. What's great is that even if you are using their lower end release option, you can still schedule your releases to go out quickly. Other services we've used don't offer that flexibility. Their prices options are great; they offer some of the most affordable distribution options we've seen.

The support services have been very responsive as well. They caught something I had inadvertently missed in one of our releases, which was very helpful. I've also reached out to them for some minor adjustments I needed in our setup and they were quick and easy to work with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their basic wire option is pretty limited as far as the contact list it's distributed to - it would be nice if they included the Business Journals on that list. We'd be far happier overall if that was the case. They now have an option to add AP distribution to your release for an additional cost. That helps when we have an important announcement, but I do wish it was included in their basic distribution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I know they announced new rates coming as of 8/1. I'm not sure what those will look like just yet, but hopefully, that doesn't change their level of services at each tier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using Newswire for basic news distribution services for our clients. The benefits of using them vs. PR Newswire or Business Wire is the cost-effectiveness to wire the releases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Free Agent
What do you like best?

Newswire is easy to use and offers broad distribution for a great price. It's self-service, with a very intuitive interface, and releases can be distributed very quickly. If you can use a CMS or webmail app, you can use Newswire - it's really that easy. Support is great, too - I've had unexpected issues with a few releases over the years, and their team has been very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price has gone up significantly in the last few months, and there are new fees for word count overages. I suddenly feel like I'm being nickel-and-dimed, whereas everything, whereas I previously had "carte blanche" and was able to add images, as many words as necessary, etc. for a fare flat rate. That said, it's still competitively priced compared to other services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent option if you're comfortable with self-service. Super-fast and easy, but can get pricey as you add additional channels, images and word count. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to get reasonably-priced, broad distribution for client press releases. My clients get good pickup on their news releases for significantly less than competitor wire services, as well as SEO benefits. The service is so easy to use - and FAST. The ability to include an image and tags with every release is also helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Marketing
What do you like best?

I have used Newswire to issue our press releases over the wire for the last year. Their service is easy to use, their support team is responsive, and their product does exactly what we need it to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about using Newswire to issue our press releases over the wire. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We aren't solving any problems per se, but we are getting the benefit of having a reliable place to issue our press releases. If there ever are questions or issues, I've found their support team to be helpful and responsive.

We have leveraged their targeted media campaign services to help garner extra awareness for our announcements. That team has also been helpful and responsive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AS
What do you like best?

The editing software is very simple and easy to use and the customer support is top-notch. I had an error in one of our press releases and they helped correct it and contacted all of the outlets it had been sent to for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The baseline version is decently priced, however, the broader reach options can get very expensive in a hurry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've seen a spike in our web traffic when we release a press release through even just the basic press release option with Newswire. Our main goal with using the service is to increase exposure of our news and get people back on to our website where we hope to convert them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Director
What do you like best?

Definitely the service provided the user-friendly platform to upload your content, segment, and schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No one said that valuable reach and exposure was going to be cheap. Prepare your bucket to spend but to get qualified leads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Maybe considering the costs of the keywords. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Definitely luxury real estate is a very segmented market. With Newswire, we as a Company based in Panama can have access to international media outlets in ping-point regions in the United States, our main market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Newswire has been a good tool for managing for PR across multiple companies. I can manage publications and preferences for the industries each company operates within. The reporting is adequate for our needs. I've also found the review and turnaround time to be very quick as has support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to save preferences, like keywords, for each company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm not really solving problems, simply meeting basic PR needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Newswire is a very straight forward platform for press release distribution and publishing. The interface makes it easy to format and edit the press release before going out, and allows you to also include images and videos. I also enjoy the tiered pricing system so you can be flexible with what kind of distribution you are looking for, and I find the pricing is a little more reasonable than competitor systems such as cision.

Customer service is also prompt and easy to contact, they have a chatbox on-site that you can ask questions to. They also providing proofreading and editing guidance at an additional cost, which is nifty if you do not have an in house editor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a multitude of additional features where you can unlock for a premium price, such as media watch or media database. I have not used these features so I cannot give any insights.

In the past, there was an option to purchase email credits where you can email journalists with your press release and custom pitch, which I have tried. We did not really get a lot of traction on those pitches - and there is no visibility to who clicked the links so it makes follow up quite difficult. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest reason we are using newswire is for publishing and distributing our press releases. The system makes it easy for us to edit, proofread and choose the distribution channels in one place.

We can also be confident that Newswire's support team will give us enough guidance to make the campaign successful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

I can jump on and create a press release with exactly the right format and content and get it submitted quickly to meet my business needs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

nothing I can think of- I've really appreciated the service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to submit PR quickly, which isn't always the case with online press services- and our releases go out to a broad audience for exposure Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Director / Microsoft Dynamics CRM & HubSpot Administrator
What do you like best?

Expansive distribution options, their portal and the media database (when it was available to us before they started charging an additional cost). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We've been using Newswire for a few years now (switching from another service). When we first signed up, we bought a block of press releases which included access to their Media Database which was fantastic and a big competitive advantage for them and was a decider for us to switch. In recent years, they have made ongoing changes to their pricing structure so options that were once available for no additional cost, are extra (e.g. including more than one image, access to their media database and distribution, more regions, etc.). Now, it seems almost everything is an extra cost which makes it less affordable for smaller businesses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Extend our brand and reach to broader audiences. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Newswire has been really helpful to us as we start to take over our PR internally. We really appreciate that our rep is just a quick call away, is super responsive, and has been very thoughtful of how we can get the most from our account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish Newswire and Web could consolidate into the same platform...maybe in the future! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend time with your rep on the front end and Newswire will make your life ever so much easier! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We see traffic to our site jump immediately after a release. The engagement reports are really REALLY helpful to us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP Marketing
What do you like best?

Easy to set-up and distribute press releases in a timely manner.

Quick preview options that allow me to send for final review to multiple stakeholders.

Plenty of options to make sure press releases get out to the right people/targets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Rarely garner earned media attention from sending out press releases. This is an industry thing, no worries, but need better advice on how to get the news out there.

Not much else here. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for getting press releases out. Must couple it with a true PR strategy if you want to acquire earned media and build relationships with media contacts.

Don't spend the money on the extra lists - we rarely see extra value there. Promote it on your own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting press releases out that impact investors.

Make sure Florence has an authoritative position and is seen as trustworthy.

Announcing industry partnerships in a more official way than our blog.

Announcing growth in a more official way than our blog. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing and Channel Communications Manager
What do you like best?

Newswire's interface is clean and easy to use, while their editorial team are quick to respond to questions. Their submission reviews are excellent and have caught potential issues more than once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There could be more options for photo/video/document sharing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Newswire's platform has allowed us to reach potential customers around the world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The distribution is good. I like that if I have a last minute need for a press release, Newswire is often able to accommodate the submission and release it on my timeline. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the website can be confusion when adding a new press release. It's not so user friendly and my contract affords me the ability to use more than the standard number of words every time I go over I have to get with Customer Service to credit my account. There should be a way to automate this process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get direct feedback on how to make the submission of a new PR easier. It can be confusing at times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Press release exposure. Having bought press releases in bulk I don't have to renegotiate terms, I can just send them out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Speed and follow up from reps has been great! I also like that I can reach out in short notice and Newswire can expedite to get my release out when I need it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had a single person to contact about my account for rush requests instead of dialing the customer service number. Sometimes it would be nice to call my personal rep when I have questions specific to my account - that way I wouldn't have to explain my situation every time I get on the phone to ask a question to the customer service team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great option that is intuitive and user-friendly. It's also really budget-friendly, especially for non-profits who are looking to get their news out without the hefty price tag. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's been helpful for when we're in a pinch and have Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I easily can navigate my dashboard and have multiple options for releasing press content to the right people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes our budget does not allow for the variety of services Newswire offers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If possible, it would be nice to see plans/pricing that could benefit smaller businesses in specific industries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are learning as a company how to put the most important, well-thought out written content out there. We have realized that this service is more necessary the more we grow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy uploads and detailed reporting help make the process better. It goes to a large number of news sites compared to other companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Extra links are more than most press release sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are trying to add backlinks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PR & Social Media Manager
What do you like best?

Different distribution packages is a plus Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The review of a press release can take a while if you don't submit early in the day. So if you have an early morning press release that needs to go out, try to give Newswire as much time as possible to review. They also don't have a representative call to confirm the press release has been reviewed and is scheduled to go out, so you'll need to monitor your account to make sure everything is good to go ahead of your announcement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are a lot more features than just the Press Release distribution. Take time to look into the Newswire Media Database, Media Watch, Media Room and Analytics also to maximize your use of a distribution service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Newswire my company is able to announce its news without digging too deep into our budget. The different distribution packages is something I like, but typically I go with the cheapest one just so that our company has a Newswire-hosted page that we can link back to press releases that can be tracked with Newswire's analytics.

The content stats provide good insight into the reach of a press release and where it's being viewed geographically. With a company the size of mine, it's perfect for what we need. But as our budget gets bigger as the company grows, I can see us moving to a higher-tiered distribution campaign to get more reach with our press releases. This is also a good platform for the in PR and Marketing who may not be familiar with the press release distribution process, and don't want to pay the hefty price of a Cision, Business Wire, Globe Newswire, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to submit and manage press releases despite minimal experience with PRs before. They walk you through the entire process, and they are very transparent about where your PR is in the process. I also love that they send a report of all the sites that picked up your PR! It makes tracking and sharing those analytics so much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it was easier to tell if your post needs extra reviewing on your end. Sometimes the emails or alerts get lost. There have been a few times our PRs were posted later than we expected due to us not realizing we needed to edit a link or resubmit with a form because we were partnering with another company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before, we were paying someone to submit our PRs, and we never had any transparency on what the actual cost to distribute was versus what we were paying. We were creating the PRs and doing all the up-front work, and after seeing the invoices, we realized we were probably paying far more than what it actually cost to distribute a PR/ When we decided to look into distributing ourselves, it didn't take much searching to find that Newswire was the easiest platform to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director Of Communications
What do you like best?

Final product is organized, clean looking. Distribution is wide but to venues that probably don't care about my business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Every additional photo, video, specific venue, influencer or interest group costs $50 each, $100 each, $200 each, etc. For the flat fee of $3,000 you get 12 news releases with one photo and one interest group, no geography, no specialties. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Shop around to get the most service and return for your money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

More exposure nationally, but received very little responses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Award-Winning Copywriter | Principal | Researcher | Brand Catalyst™ | Speaker
What do you like best?

Newswire is our go-to PR platform. It's extremely easy to use and is also very effective--much more so than any other PR platform we have used in the past. It's designed to ensure that your output is optimized for the best results. I appreciate that our articles go out to a broad yet content-appropriate audience with the click of a button. Additionally, Newswire pricing and publication options are outstanding in comparison to some other platforms. There's literally no reason to use any other platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can think of nothing that I dislike about Newswire. It's an extremely helpful, affordable, and reliable platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When we first started using Newswire, our news and press release process was very complex and took a long time to execute for every piece. Newswire's platform is so easy to use, and HELPFUL, that it cut the timeline of our process down by 50%. I really appreciate the elements that are inherent in the software that help to create an effective article. Our articles are reviewed by the Newswire team prior to publication to ensure that each piece meets the highest standards. There have been a couple of instances where they found an issue that needed to be corrected (such as an incorrect link, a headline that should be reworded, etc.) that my team hadn't caught. We all feel as if Newswire was developed to be "part of the team" in that way, and that is such a value-add. No one wants their company--or their clients-- to look bad when they're trying to be promoted with in a positive light. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.