Netsparker

Netsparker is an automatic and easy-to-use web application security scanner to automatically find security flaws in websites, web applications and web services.

Automatically find real web vulnerabilities. Get a free demo of Netsparker today!

Work for Netsparker?

Learning about Netsparker?

Netsparker Reviews

Ask Netsparker a Question
Showing 26 Netsparker reviews
Patrick H.

"Continuous webapp vulnerability scanning"

What do you like best?

The ability to have continuous vulnerability scanning bundled into a single reliable web app and track the progress of various vulnerabilities over time.

NetSparker analysis and reporting are on point. It's quite nice having the ability to generate different types of reports, integrate with issue trackers (GitHub) and receive alert (via email and Slack).

What do you dislike?

Initially support documentation was lacking but once pointed in the right direction things seemed to work out. The documentation is getting a lot better which should help other customers. FWIW support is quick and excellent.

The extended scans can take some time but are thorough.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Price point is excellent. Latest webapp version allows both desktop client as well as cloud client.

OWASP ZAP on steroids bundled into an excellent SaaS tool.

Continuous vulnerability scanning of our web apps to ensure we're not missing potential security issues.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Netsparker
Michael T.

"Dynamic application security testing... or how I learned to stop worrying and love Netsparker"

What do you like best?

Fantastic product, constantly evolving to keep up with changes in the web application security landscape. Designed specifically with zero false-positive reporting in mind, so you can focus on the things that really need attention. A superb company to work with, who treat large and small scale users with the same level of high quality service.

From a user experience point of view, the product is extremely mature and everything you need to know is neatly in its own panel. The reporting the product produces is excellent, as it covers all the key considerations:

* Problem

* Context

* Severity

* Solution

Not bad for a scanning engine!

What do you dislike?

Very little, if anything to dislike at all. I have been using their product since 2013 and have had no issues with it that haven't been resolved in a timely manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely approach them for a trial. They are more than willing to provide you with one and also support your use of it during the trial.

An example of how responsive they are to issues:

Friday, September 15th 2017.

11:41 - Issue discovered and reported

15:21 - Hotfix delivered

We have 150+ public facing web applications that we care about from a security perspective, as well as several hundred internal ones that also require our attention.

Netsparker's ease of use and powerful processing allows us to automate much of that work, with scan reports being sent directly to the teams responsible for the development of the software.

It saves a *lot* of time and helps make security a quality attribute of our software development lifecycle.

What Vulnerability Scanner solution do you use?

"They are doing the right things"

What do you like best?

My biggest advantage of Netsparker Cloud is that we can give our developers and management access to Netsparker Cloud through their Issue web browser. They login and view reports and their "Issue" tracking system integrates into common developer/IT ticketing systems.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few bugs with new version releases. At least they are very quick to address them and I think their support is better than most companies we work with. Sometimes I wish I could break down individual notifications for issues more granularity. Since everything is based on permissions and groups, it is very important to set up your "groups" in a way that scales so you don't have to re-architect. Sometimes users want access to a subset of a group or notifications for several websites only. You'll quickly amass notification rules or groups in doing so.

Everything is access based and they can have access to even scan or re-scan their websites after an issue has been fixed. It has solved a lot of middle man overhead issues in this manor. Using this tool, we are identifying vulnerabilities and avoiding problems other vulnerability scanners had with false positives and inaccurate results.

Jeremy P.

"Easily control your own Web Security scans to identify vulnerabilities. "

What do you like best?

SaaS model allows quick ramp up to get your scans going with little effort and nothing to install on site. Easily set up scans and set notifications. Great dashboard of current status of all sites scanned. Thorough explanations of all findings, with guidance for corrective actions.

What do you dislike?

No native Slack plugin. Site logins and advanced debugging for long runtimes is less intuitive than the rest of the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy packaged add on to your development cycle. Use this to identify issues early in the cycle rather than at the end of the waterfall in Production.

Assessing web vulnerabilities for NCI Cancer related websites. Gained confidence in the security of my sites with daily scans as part of my CI/CD pipeline.

Troy B.

"Netsparker for small Software Development organizations"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, as a small company having a qualified security expert is cost prohibited, with Netsparker has an intuitive interface that is easy to learn.

Netsparker is well adopted, my research reveled that it is used by many organizations.

Netsparker is very customizable and allows us to get as much or as little information as we need.

What do you dislike?

The documentation is geared towards security experts, more non security expert language would be beneficial .

The larger the number of items we have the longer it takes to scan, a quicker scan would be more time efficient.

For the most part it is easy to configure but some of the more sophisticated items are difficult to understand and implement.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Create documentation for users that are less knowledgeable of the security lingo.

Create an additional document that would help developers avoid some of the items that the product discovers. Providing this information would allow us to reduce the issues before the scan happens.

Our customers require us to provide "proof" that we have scan for and addressed any issues in our software, Netsparker gives us this ability.

With this tool our developers have learned about security risks that they need to keep in mind as they code the system.

Darren S.

"Amazing web app scanner, just a couple suggestions for Cloud"

What do you like best?

Very few false positives compared to other vulnerability scanners. Very easy to schedule reports, unlike on the desktop version. Dashboards are very informative and make it easy to see severe vulnerabilities and track progress of a web app's security over time.

What do you dislike?

Cloud is missing interactive auth and custom script tool that the desktop version had.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Netsparker Cloud specifically is incredibly easy to use, is a very good web app scanner mostly free from false positives, and has great support. It's easy to schedule scans unlike the desktop version, and the dashboards are very informative.

Catching the low-hanging fruit such as XSS as early as possible, and eventually we will catch them before deployed to production.

John C.

"Scanning lots of unusual applications"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to manually enter additional sites into a scan. Some of the sites that i am scanning do not link from the main page so will not work using standard spider methods. Netsparker allows me to enter sites as a csv.

What do you dislike?

The fact that additional sites are limited to an amount. I have needed to split scans off into multiple because of this, although this may be as a protect of resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a go using the free trial. It was really helpful

As developers are releasing what the business would conciser significant changes to code much fast the previously standard annual pen-testing was no longer effective.

Chris E.

"Valuable solution for Web Application Scanning"

What do you like best?

The product is highly reliable, easy to use and the support is stellar! I have been using Netsparker for over 4 years and this solution has helped secure our web applications in ways I have not seen before. When I run into a question, concern or issue, the Netsparker support team are the best at providing top notch support buy meeting my time constraints, detailing any issue and ensuring I understand the product and outcomes before closing the ticket. I have used the desktop version of the product and have recently transitioned to the cloud-based solution... which I love!

What do you dislike?

There is absolutely nothing I dislike... I wish I had the creative mind to develop this product! Brilliant! The only part I do not like about this product is I do not think it scales well with cost, but that is something the Netsparker team has been working with me on.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this to anyone needing to assess web applications. There is nothing that compares to this product in this space. The product is easy for a beginner and advanced enough for an expert to craft some intelligent scans. I am looking forward to integrating this solution into other areas of my security infrastructure.

The problems solved were those that I simply did not have the time to find. Being a small security department, Netsparker has helped me easily find issues, report on them in a manner the developers can understand and see and doing this all in a semi-automated process.

Leonard G.

"My eyes were opened by Netsparker."

What do you like best?

1. Ease of use.

2. Scanning speed.

3. Reporting.

4. Potential integration with our dev ops pipeline.

5. The inclusion of reference links to assist with mitigation of found issues.

What do you dislike?

The team has not found anything that they did not like about the product.

Our marketplace requires our software to be subjected to penetration and vulnerability testing. After evaluating several products in the marketplace Netsparker was chosen by our team. The initial setup and first test was completed in just a few minutes and that was extremely important to us.

Paul J.

"Love the tool. Helps us to stay compliant in our security needs and testing"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Netsparker is that I can include it as part of our Team City build. This enables us to get notified immediately if someone checks in something that is not compliant in a security point of view. We can also retrieve reports for any build through our Team City build tool.

What do you dislike?

I must confess it was a little challenging to get the initial setup going. This was probably due to our being new with Netsparker.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We tried many other solutions, including the free OWASP ones. This was the easiest to implement and the most comprehensive.

The biggest problem we are solving is ensuring we are compliant with our University data and web security policies.

Chris A.

"Great security testing software"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the user friendliness of the software and the ability to provide different levels of vulnerability reports. Detailed reports can be presented to software architects and developers on the team and summary reports can be presented to management.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about this software. This can be used by IT positions that have no experience in software programming.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best if used against web -based software and testing APIs, web services, etc.

Netsparker is assuring that our company provides our customers with secure web-based software.

"Great product, not a fan of the way it is licensed."

What do you like best?

Easy to use, actionable, accurate results. Scheduled scans ensure we are constantly scanning and the detailed results assist in recreating exploits. A decent amount of integrations with tracking systems.

What do you dislike?

I dont love how the licensing works. The sites are hardcoded, so if a site gets decommissioned, you cannot reallocate the license.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Some things are easier on the desktop version than cloud, cloud is significantly less money.

Programming and design mistakes as well as best practices.

David W.

"Easy to use and understand, well supported"

What do you like best?

Excellent OWASP top 10 coverage with responsive, informed support team if there are questions. Works well with modern SPA dynamic web applications which most competitors do not.

What do you dislike?

Dashboard is a bit overdone, would prefer an operations cockpit instead

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Qualys is dated, hard to understand, and does not deal with dynamic pages well despite their claims. Support is horrible.

Scan multiple sites for OWASP top 10 on a regular basis. Provide reports to enterprise infosec groups

"Meets all our needs"

What do you like best?

The tool provides accurate scan results and allows us to easily setup scans

What do you dislike?

I wish they brought back the option to purchase a pack of scans as we often have POC or short use sites pop up where we are not going to schedule routine scans.

Ensure custom developed web applications are secure

I
Internal Consultant

"I recommend Netsparker"

What do you like best?

I like that it doesn't return as many false positives. It also keeps history and can chart progress.

What do you dislike?

Nothing

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I evaluated several products and found Netsparker the best and the least expensive.

We need to ensure our web applications are secure for our customers. We are able to find and fix issues. We have passed several customer audits.

"Netsparker provides a fast, thorough web vulnerability scan"

What do you like best?

Fast, confirmed vulnerabilities and frequent updates

What do you dislike?

Support can be slow -- since it is not in US

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the best product for the cost. Faster than Rapid7, more thorough than Acunetix

Red Team assessments with less manual testing.

"Nothing but good things"

What do you like best?

Netsparker's support team is top notch. They always respond quickly and know how to solve my problem.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing. There hasn't been a problem that couldn't be explain or resolved by Netsparker's support team.

Netsparker helps us quickly and easily scan all web apps, before they are moved to Production. The intuitiveness of the tool means we are spending less time messing with the tool, and more time scanning apps for vulnerabilities,

Harmeet S.

"Great tool for quick wins!"

What do you like best?

Netsparker is easy to setup and quick to get started. The learning curve to use netsparker is really low.

What do you dislike?

I wish desktop netsparker could be better integrated with jenkins for automated CI/CD.

Netsparker desktop gives us flexibility of scanning large number of applications

I
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Survey for netsparker "

What do you like best?

The scans are a very easy run and the suggestions help a lot to reach out to the developers and getting them fixed

What do you dislike?

Some of the suggestions that it gives is mostly from the cyber perspective and would not be very feasible from a developer point of view

Helps is having safer websites that can be shared with external sources.

Pratheek P.

"Good tool"

What do you like best?

I like the Scan coverage of the tool and ease of use

What do you dislike?

Time consuming, the scan takes forever to complete

DAST. Finding more vulnerabilities externally

"Excellent Product with detailed reports"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and the detailed reports produced.

What do you dislike?

Inability to queue scans on the desktop version.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Free trial available. A lot of options can be hidden at first to make it easier to get get started. Take soem time with the documentation to get full value.

Analysing complex web applications for web vulnerabilities before they are put in to production.

"Netsparker reduces assessment time"

What do you like best?

Netsparker gives us a quick concise security view of our internally developed websites.

What do you dislike?

Would like a web interface rather than a windows application.

Reduced the time to get an assessment of the security of our internally developed websites. This has been a big win with our feedback to the development team.

"Good Product Reliable Results."

What do you like best?

I like the false positive ratios. The false positive ratios are very low. Besides true positives are correct.

What do you dislike?

The gui is not very cool. Besides cpu usage is going high. If the website have firewall.

Support team are excellent. They solve problems very quickly.

"Netsparker Review"

What do you like best?

This product help us identify vulnerable applications for our organization.

What do you dislike?

Takes a long time to run but it goes thru 3 step scan process.

This product helps discover security risks before bad guys do.

"Easy to use vulnerability scanner"

What do you like best?

Clear GUI which is easy to use and user friendly menus.

What do you dislike?

There should better login recorder in my opinion.

Vulnerability scanning on web application. Netsparker finds pretty well easy to find problems.

EI
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Great too for Web Vulnerability scanning"

What do you like best?

Very little false positive and relatively easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Can always make it even easier to use .

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out

Web vulnerability scanning in a quick manner

Learn more about Netsparker

Netsparker Videos

Learning about Netsparker?

* We monitor all Netsparker reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.