mysql python

MySQLdb is an interface to the popular MySQL database server for Python.

Work for mysql python?

Learning about mysql python?

mysql python Reviews

Showing 14 mysql python reviews
mysql python review by User in Computer Software

"Convenient module to incorporate SQL inside Python code"

What do you like best?

Possibility to use SQL from inside Python code.

What do you dislike?

I like everything with the package itself, only rather often it's not useful: usually, we want to manage and clean data before launching the code, as the code runs in parallel on multiple servers, and the data used are the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are working with databases and Python, It's worthwhile to download and incorporate Python MySql (and you can find a good tutorial here: https://www.w3schools.com/python/python_mysql_getstarted.asp)

However, using SQL separately prior to launching Python code in many cases may be easier and more practical.

I am data scientist and work a lot with various databases. Often they are not clean, badly ordered etc., and I use SQL to query, order and rearrange them. Possibility to do it from inside Python code using Python MySQL often comes handy.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about mysql python
mysql python review by Parth M.
Parth M.

"It is fast, easy and great!"

What do you like best?

It helps me connect quickly to mysql instance. I can easily create and manage tables and databases. One can easily run queries to retrieve and push data into databases.

What do you dislike?

I do not think there is anything I do not like about this. It is simply the best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! It is the best. One should definitely use it.

I used this software to connect and use queries for my application i created as a part of my project.

What Python Package solution do you use?

mysql python review by Internal Consultant in Computer Software
Internal Consultant in Computer Software

"Ease in putting data in and taking data out using Python"

What do you like best?

Modeling on big databases has always been an issue now. MySQL python comes with great ease to extract such samples of big databases to run your python scripts.

What do you dislike?

There are certain issues on installing MySQL python on your systems. Even after installing it, there are errors on importing it. This can be made better.

Python is world-wide appreciated for its capabilities. But this is big data driven world and we need efficient software, platforms and programs to solve the business problems. It is very convenient to do data modeling in Python because of its intensive libraries and packages. MySQL Python allowed us to achieve that by extracting databases successfully and carry on with modeling.

mysql python review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great library from mysql"

What do you like best?

The fact that this library will seamlessly do what I want as if i was using the workbench or the terminal is amazing.

What do you dislike?

I find that for almost any library like this, it's almost required to have the database up at all times during development or testing - sometimes this isn't possible so it's hard to make sure what you're writing will work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for the 'best' database library, this one should be up there. It's professional, the API is great, and the answers to questions are very substantial on stackoverflow. I don't think there isn't something online that I haven't been able to find when a problem arose.

I've been implementing databases with my senior design project. It's made connected to my database very easy, and without it I'm not sure how I would be doing it.

mysql python review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"review for mysql python"

What do you like best?

It is a user friendly application. It is easy to install and has great connectivity with most of the operating systems like linux. You can easily explore all the functionalities of the application. It has good libraries for the new users.

What do you dislike?

This application is good for 32 bits of python but not for 64 bits. It sometimes slows down the database which is sometimes annoying. Other than that it is a great application and i would any day recommend it to everybody.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this application to anyone looking to advance in the web services and coding.

I used it to write codes for constructing a new application for my health system. I have also used it for structuring data for the different insurance payers to send them data related to quality management.

mysql python review by Leonard J.
Leonard J.

"MySQL database saved us a lot of time "

What do you like best?

The tools are easy to use. It can be used to search through databases if you're having issues finding information. The search fearures are nice and there was a ton of support material online.

What do you dislike?

You need to be proficient in programming or it becomes difficult to fully understand. I didn't find many issues with using the software. I recommend reading some tutorials before hand in order to better use the software.

It made it easier to search for information in a database that was already built. It also allowed us to modify and build onto existing databases.

"Easy Database Management"

What do you like best?

Runs relatively quickly and lets me integrate SQL queries into my python data analysis. Documentation is easy to get through and makes sense.

What do you dislike?

The software is great. I really don't have too many complaints. Installing it can be a bit of a trial, so I'd probably simplify that to be done with a simple 'pip install mysql' command. I generally default to using SQLite just because the installation is easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google the installation process and follow that instead of just doing pip install.

I use mysql python to access the company's database of banking transactions. Normally I pull the dataset and put it into a CSV file and use the CSV version to manipulate through python, but I've realized I have a lot more flexibility if I interact with the data through MySQL directly.

mysql python review by Jake B.
Jake B.

"Python for MySQL Databases"

What do you like best?

I like how Python MySQL is a great library that lets me query a MySQL database in my financial programs instead of having to open up a clunky editor.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the Python MySQL library is open source and thus hard to work with if you're not a developer. I got help so I am fine.

The business i'm solving with mysql python is the ability to interface with the mysql database and run analytic queries.

mysql python review by Abinaya H.
Abinaya H.

"experience using mysql python"

What do you like best?

It can easily connect MySQL with Python without extra effort to manage. It saved me a lot of time developing web application and database

What do you dislike?

This is good for 32bits of Python, but not for 64bits of Python

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try and use it, you will feel easy.

majorly for developers who use python to connect to mysql databases as a part of their project. I used it for personal projects at CMU

mysql python review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Nice convenient tool"

What do you like best?

Convenient to use - running quietly requiring very low maintenance. Allowing users to connect to MySQL databases from Python and query/manipulate/fetch data. As long as the drivers are installed correctly there is nothing to worry about if you have this tool.

What do you dislike?

When the volume of the data is too big, data fetching can be a bit slow, indicating there is something to be optimized (either the database itself or the MyAQL Python tool itself).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for data people (data scientists, data analysts, etc.), helping them with data needs from Python

Connecting to MySQL databases from Python to query/manipulate/fetch data.

mysql python review by User in Computer Software

"Great interface for connecting MySql using python"

What do you like best?

MySQL python is open source and thus inexpensive to use. It is a plugin and very easy to use. Can perform operation efficiently. Reduces code maintainability problem.

What do you dislike?

I did not find anything to dislike about this project. It is there to make our lives easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to have knowledge of both python and SQL which I think very rare combination.

Our company has testcases written in python. Using python SQL connection we are able to see product coverage.

mysql python review by User in Information Technology and Services

"MySQL Python are very useful tool"

What do you like best?

I like how it is very secure. It protects the data using solid data security layers.

What do you dislike?

MySQL does not tie into an active directory. I would have loved it to.

It’s an open source and user friendly. I like that it can be learnt fairly fast. And also how I’m able to bring best of both worlds together - oracle and java. It’s a revolutionary tool. And I totally enjoy using it and supporting our client

mysql python review by User

"great if you are using python and mysql"

What do you like best?

it keeps the python environment so you can still feel familiar with the coding. usually Mysql involves coding in sql. As long as you understand the concepts in sql you should be fine.

What do you dislike?

Mysql is getting old, people are moving onto things like mongodb and postgres

Recommendations to others considering the product

its good if you really like python!

Used it for database management. It benefits newcomers who aren't familiar with sql queries

mysql python review by Administrator in Airlines/Aviation
Administrator in Airlines/Aviation

"Great program but not so user-friendly"

What do you like best?

I think that this program is great when used in tandem with other applications. Cross-functional and useful.

What do you dislike?

Not as user-friendly as you would want; difficult for newcomers

My company uses mysql python to write coding for back-end system infrastructure.

Learning about mysql python?

* We monitor all mysql python reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.