MyCase Reviews & Product Details

Ms
What do you like best?

It is anything but difficult to utilize and set up, customer correspondence entrance, and the new highlights that have been included like leads, bunch downloads, ability to integrate into dropbox, demand for assets. I likewise like its incredible client administration and configuration group. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's an excellent software but doesn't have numerous integrations or permit signatures. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would suggest as it's entirely moderate, no case the board programming is impeccable yet this is very utilize amicable and simple to utilize. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having disposed of email interchanges with customers and can guide them to MyCase, which is substantially more secure than email. I was additionally ready to remain totally associated with my customers with MyCase's cloud-based customer record entry. Capacity to get to everything on line makes it simple for me to utilize anyplace whenever. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MyCase Overview

What is MyCase?

MyCase is a complete case management solution for your law firm, providing the tools you need to improve organization, increase efficiency, and scale your firm operations. With MyCase, all of your important case details - documents, contacts, calendars, emails, tasks, invoices - are available in a single, organized location. Try a free trial (no credit card required) at mycase.com.

MyCase Details
Discussions
MyCase Community

MyCase is a web-based legal practice management software for the modern law firm.

MyCase is the simplest and portable way to solve the key administrative challenges of running a small law firm. Serving thousands of attorneys across the country, MyCase places a high emphasis on customer trust and feedback, working diligently to make continual product updates that allow law firms to run at peak efficiency. In addition, MyCase integrates directly with Quickbooks and Dropbox to save you time when editing documents and bookkeeping - all on one all-inclusive pricing plan.

mycase
2009
Goleta, CA
@MyCaseInc

MyCase Videos

MyCase Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the MyCase community
Have you used MyCase before?

MyCase Reviews

Showing 84 MyCase reviews
Already have MyCase?
UL
What do you like best?

Simple platform. Good for PI cases. Take money directly to the bank. Not good for transactions or client payments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fees are absolutely excessive and higher than ever other platform, additionally their is a monthly subscription fee on top of all the fees they deduct from your operating account. My biggest problem- Mycase deducts fees from deposits put into your trust account. Meaning if you’re only holding money for the client you’re going to pay for it out of your business account. A 10,000 trust deposit results in 300$ being taken out of your operating account. When I refund trust funds to client I lose money. Unacceptable. I’m looking to switch platforms now. I pay MyCase thousands of dollars a month to use the platform. When I saw the numbers, I can’t believe they have business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don’t accept client funds through the portal. Use your bank. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MyCase has not assisted with these problems. The costs is in no way worth using this platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Emma Adams of MyCase

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. MyCase charges a monthly or annual subscription fee for our legal practice management software. In addition to this software we offer supplemental services to help law firms run their practice; one of which is our Payments Solution. This allows firms to collect digital payments from their clients. There is no monthly fee associated with this service, but we do charge a transaction fee for credit card payments (there is no fee for ACH transactions). This credit card processing fee is competitive with other payments solutions in the marketplace.

We’d like to better understand your concerns and would like to connect you with our Sr. Director of Client Services adam.wilson@mycase.com so we can further assist.

Attorney
What do you like best?

Many robust features, and an all-in-one approach to practice management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Accounting features can be a bit confusing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

MyCase provides practical solutions to most small to mid-size firms. The software is very "user friendly," and allows firms to connect with their clients securely and efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MyCase has really made becoming paperless a breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Emma Adams of MyCase

Hi Vincent, thank you for sharing your positive experience with MyCase! We are happy to hear that having an all in one solution has been an asset for your practice. If you have any questions regarding accounting, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team at support@mycase.com or (800) 571-8062.

What do you like best?

I am able to manage each client's file, communicate with client's (and other parties) through the MyCase portal,, I can allow clients to access various documents through the MyCase portal, I can track all communications with various parties without effort, and when clients access documents through the portal, I am allow to track it for future use. All of this makes me more efficient and a better communicator. All of this at a VERY reasonable price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about MyCase is the fact that I didn't develop it first! Seriously, it is cloud based, and there is an APP that also allows me to access it from my phone or iPad, it allows me to create folders in each clients file, where I can save documents, videos, and photographs. It is the perfect law office management tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Switch right away and start enjoying life more. I migrated over 1,500 client files from my previous vendor and it was effortless with the help of MyCase. I now have access to everything from anywhere in the world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client communication has improved since I have started using MyCase. It also allows me to keep track of all communication as they happen through MyCase. It is very efficient! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Emma Adams of MyCase

Thank you, Michael, for sharing your experience and positive feedback! We greatly look forward to our continued partership in the years to come.

What do you like best?

Ability to open matter and store all docs and e-mails Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sync between the computer folder and web viewer Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ability to have most all docs and files with me wherever I am Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Paralegal
What do you like best?

MyCase is fairly easy to use. It's easy to create new cases and create the case file within MyCase. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The document management can be frustrating. I do not like that when you search for a document, it brings up the documents, but does not tell you exactly where to find it. A few other things that I do not particularly like are you cannot copy a document from one location and paste it to another location within MyCase; you cannot move or copy and paste entire folders; and you cannot duplicate an entire case to use for another similar matter. For instance, many of our eminent domain cases have the exact same information, except for a few minor things, it would be so easy if instead of creating a new case, to just duplicate the case and change what needs to be changed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're going to spend the money on a case management system, such as MyCase, use all of the features it provides from the very beginning. It will maximize your time and work load efficiency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The Notes in each case file are helpful by allowing each individual to put any notes about the case so there's a history of what's been done or a way to see what needs to be done. We have not used the Text Feature yet, but I can see that being a huge benefit when we have to contact our younger clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Attorney
What do you like best?

Product contains a portal for clients to logon and communicate with attorney about their matter, as well as view documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Somewhat bulky appearance, but this could be easily improved. There does not seem to be many customization options. Needs easier options for creating or loading custom forms for document generation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good option that has probably improved since first use. Should check most boxes for a general practice law firm. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Attorney client case management, calendaring, and document management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Emma Adams of MyCase

Hi Brad, thank you for your honest review. Since your trial in 2013, we have added many new ways to customize your MyCase account and made improvements to streamline use of the product. We have many happy customers using MyCase and hope you will consider trialing with us again in the future!

Paralegal
What do you like best?

MyCase can manage so much of your practice, from timekeeping and invoicing to calendar, email, and document prep. The document prep allows you to prepare documents faster with less typos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about this system I dislike. There is a "make a suggestion" link and many of the suggestions and requests I have made have been implemented. If there is ever an issue, their customer service team is always wonderful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having everything managed by one system keeps our cases well organized so that anyone in the firm can open a case and know what is going on and help our clients when they need assistance or have questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Emma Adams of MyCase

Thank you, Emily, for sharing your review! We strive to put customers like you at the forefront of every decision we make at MyCase. Hearing your review makes our jobs worthwhile!

What do you like best?

Mycase helps you stay organized & remain efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about Mycase. It's perfect, thank you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent service that will make business run smoother! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's very easy to use & navigate Mycase. It helps you stay organized & keeps you connected with each individual client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

How easy to manage my caseload on a daily basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That there is no integration with Docketwise or quickbooks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Caseload management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Emma Adams of MyCase

Hello, thank you for leaving a review. We are pleased to let you know that MyCase provides an integration with Quickbooks Online. If you would like help setting up the integration, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team at support@mycase.com or (800) 571-8062.

Managing Shareholder
Law Practice
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

MyCase has a lot of great functionality. Overall, it is fairly complete: case and matter management, calendaring, docketing, trust accounting, document management, leads management and on boarding - it all works fairly well. Our clients (mostly) love their client portal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

UPDATE: MyCase added Amex payments, automatic payment plans, electronic document signing, and a few other bells and whistles. MyCase still does not integrate with MSOffice 365, and they still have not corrected the break with Quickbooks online sync. I can see the work they are doing to improve the product and bring it into the next decade. They need to be mindful of not breaking things on the way (like Quickbooks sync), and of the things that brig real value to end users (such as being able to sync documents, calendars and email with MSO365). Basically, anything that makes us duplicate efforts costs us money and time.

_________________________________________________________________________________

They broke payments! When they set up their own merchant services system, they forced us off of a third-party integration and we lost the ability to process American Express cards (at least half of our card payments). They also broke their integration with Quickbooks, resulting in extra time spent fixing their bad data for each and every transaction. When we reported the bug, MyCase support told us that they would be "implementing it as a new feature" at an undetermined future date. The long-promised integration with MS Office 365 has never materialized. We are still duplicating effort in a lot of ways that other LPM software vendors have eliminated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not a great choice if you run your practice on Macs. Despite being in the Cloud, MyCase is not agnostic. Most of their integrations require a Windows desktop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UPDATE: We have stopped actively looking for a new vendor, but I have not stopped watching what MyCase's competitors are doing.

Since migrating to MyCase more than 5 years ago, we have been able to improve our billed/collected ratio. However, there are a lot more choices these days, and many of MyCase's competitors have zoomed past them. We are considering some of them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Emma Adams of MyCase

Hi Suzanne, thank you for your honest feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We strive to make meaningful product updates that support your practice. Our customer support team has been in touch with you, but please feel free to reach out to them with any additional questions. Our product team has received your feedback; Office 365 integrations and AMEX payments are on the product roadmap. Stay tuned for communication from our team as we implement new features. We look forward to improving your experience moving forward!

Managing Member
What do you like best?

MyCase allows me to create client portals to communicate and share documents with clients. This is invaluable in providing litigation support to attorneys. Integration with Dropbox has been a great help as I also use Dropbox for file storage and sharing. It keeps everything in one place and allows me to accurately bill for time and costs. MyCase allows me to work remotely, even from the courtroom when doing trial presentations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The folder structure of MyCase needs some work. You can't upload an entire folder with a single click and the method to create and move folders is cumbersome. MyCase has been great in accepting feedback and suggestions and has a track record of implementing those suggestions and making the software better over time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great case management software and I recommend for legal consultants and litigation support professionals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ease of sharing documents and communicating with clients from the office, home and while traveling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations and Marketing Director
What do you like best?

Mycase, when used correctly is a great case management system. I feel that it is imperative to set the system up the correct way, in the first place. Our firm, dove in head first, in a rush, and did not take advantage of all the different ways mycase can help manage your cases and also pull reports, and ultimately make templates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is little ways to change things without losing information, once you set it up. (so like I said above, make sure you set it up right in the first place) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As per my review, just make sure to set up mycase correctly in the first place. Read and understand. Once, it is set up, it is nearly flawless. My firm uses different tabs on mycase differently than they are set up to use, and i urge people to use them that way as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mycase has provided our firm a way to work from anywhere that has internet. It has also given us the cloud to be able to access any files we need, outside of our building. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

First, their customer service is excellent! When you call, you get a live person, who speaks in a manner you can understand, they are patient, and they know who you are. I never feel like I am wasting time and money calling them. They are always coming out with innovative tools to help solo and small practitioners. You make a recommendation and soon thereafter, out comes an update. Sometimes, I think they did it just for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only complaint is they do not seem to integrate with many other applications. Nor do they seem to permit us to get any CRM benefit. We put a lot of information about our clients into the system but are unable to be utilized for marketing/outreach purposes. It requires me to keep a second client contact management system. I would also like the flexibility to set-up the dashboard for what matters to me versus what matters to my staff. As the owner of the firm, there are items I need to see more regularly than they do. I would like for the task reminders and alerts to be emailed to us rather than just pop up on the screen because the MyCase screen is not always the top screen, thus it is missed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start using MyCase asap. Once you do, you will never leave! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Billing, document management, case management, workflow, timekeeping/tracking, task management, and so much more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Attorney/Shareholder
Law Practice
What do you like best?

I absolutely love the fact that MyCase continuously improves and actually takes into account our suggestions. It is really encouraging to see that they actually apply our suggestions. This encourages us to continuously look out for improvements to MyCase and make them with confidence that they're being taken seriously. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app could you use a little tweaks, but it's still great. For example, I am given the option to comment on tasks to which I'm not assigned, but I don't notice that I'm not assigned to the task when I go make the comment. After having typed out the comment, it doesn't post and my entire comment is deleted/lost because I wasn't associated with the task to begin with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I did a ton of research and concluded that MyCase was the best option. Competing platforms are too convoluted. MyCase is the way to go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has really boosted our case management - task tracking, etc. - and billing. Our case handling efficiency has sky rocketed since we started using MyCase. Not all clients use the client portal, but those who do really appreciate the platform. It also really helps us with maintaining clients informed regarding the status of their cases, which is an important duty to the client as attorneys. As a result of the clients having that kind of access to update regarding their case, it has cut down on the number of calls we receive for case status. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Emma Adams of MyCase

Thank you, Pablo, for taking the time to review and share how you came to choose MyCase for your law firm. We are happy to hear how MyCase has been the right fit for your firm, and that you have found value in our updates to the product. Our product team has seen your feedback regarding the mobile app and task comments for consideration in future updates. If you have any additional questions or feedback, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support team.

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and inexpensive. It has allowed me to scale. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the interfaces are not user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get it sooner than later. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows me to manage the caseload easier than when I was using google documents and google sheets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

I liked how it helped me get organized with my cases. It kept me on track in terms of client info and tasks I needed to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I didn't have too many dislikes. I thought MyCase did a great job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think MyCase does a great job for case organization, and I recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helped me get organized. I could have all my tasks I needed to do in one place. It also had my case info and client info in one place so I was organized. Very useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Emma Adams of MyCase

Thank you for sharing your experience. It's great to hear that MyCase has helped you organize cases and keep track of client information. We would also appreciate any additional feedback you have that lead you to rate MyCase 5/10 stars. Please feel free to reach us at support@mycase.com or correct the rating if this was in error. Thank you again, we appreciate your review and continued partnership.

President
What do you like best?

I love the ability to communicate with my clients in a safe and secure manner. MyCase keeps me organized and reminds me when things are due. Very simple to use which allows more time to grow the practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The android app does not have all of the features that I would like to see such as being able to color code an appointment created in the app. Also would like to see the ability to see invoices through the app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have much better communication with my clients because I can respond to them no matter where I am at. I have 24/7 access to all of my documents because we upload them to MyCase. It makes tracking time very easy especially when I am away from the office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Emma Adams of MyCase

Thank you for your review, Rodney, and for partnering with MyCase to help streamline and grow your practice! We have taken note of your feedback on the android app, and have shared it with our product team for consideration in future updates. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any additional feedback.

UL
What do you like best?

As a personal injury Attorney, I feel confident I can review on a click the status of any and all of my cases. We is a diary system with the notes and the progress designations are a godsend Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Document system not robust enough for us Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The team converting us from our old system was wonderful. It was a seamless transition. Our experience has been that it’s easy to use and useful in managing information about our cases. We use it in managing expenses and billing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organizing the data and people to move cases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Paralegal and Investigator
What do you like best?

Mycase customer service is very responsive, they continually upgrade and improve. Suggestions I have made I have seen integrated in record time! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is no direct access to the engineering team. Sometimes you speak to a well meaning rep, when you want to speak to an engineer to solve a problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider the price per user - it is almost always worth it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Case management, email integration, and storage concerns, as the mycase storage is limitless Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Assigning tasks, communicating with clients, uploading their documents, and billing features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how I cannot create an empty (from scratch) for a current client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I realized we can bill everything and it's easier to not forget when to bill because of the timer. It also solves time with the reports feature MyCase has.

TOTAL LIFE CHANGER!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Attorney
What do you like best?

I like being able to load a picture with my client's profile where I can better identify the client. I like the simplicity of the system. Most options are straight forward and easy to use. I also like customer support. They are very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I want to be able to load pictures in the lead system when I create a lead profile.

Additionally, on the contact details page, it is difficult to distinguish between cases listed for the client when there are multiple cases with long titles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't attempt to load your old paper files into the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has organized me, and we are going somewhat paperless.

Also, we are using it to keep up with our leads. Before they were slipping through the cracks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Emma Adams of MyCase

Hello Dalton, we appreciate you taking the time to review. We are happy to share that you can now upload a picture whenever you create a new lead profile. Your feedback on the case details page has been passed to our product team as well. If you have any additional feedback, please do not hesitation to reach out to mobile@mycase.com! Thank you.

Attorney at Law
What do you like best?

I am a solo so I don't need much but there's very little I can think of that I would add. It's effortless to do everything I could possibly need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything but would rather see an easier way to track which referral sources led to how much income. They have most of the ability in there, and I would think everyone would want it to track ROI. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nothing specific. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

This program is very user friendly. There are many facets that are helpful, like seeing the timeline of each stage of a case, being able to assign cases, billing within the program, and the online storage of case documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are several things that could improve the usefulness, such as giving the administration the ability to add specific information necessary for the case contacts that may not be standard to all firms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely a good choice for case management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have given MyCase a list of improvements we would love to see, and we have seen just in the past month a host of improvements they are continually working on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Attorney
What do you like best?

The billing section with reports and easy invoicing.

I also like the ability to provide my clients a secure portal for them to upload documents, and to have access to case documents in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Currently none. It's doing everything I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Invoicing through the system has made a huge difference in my business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.