Movie Magic Screenwriter Reviews & Product Details

What is Movie Magic Screenwriter?

Movie Magic Screenwrite 6 is a screenwriting software that formats movies, television, novels, stage plays and even comic book scripts, making it the only program for all types of creative writing.

Movie Magic Screenwriter Profile Details

1-6 of 6 total Movie Magic Screenwriter reviews

Movie Magic Screenwriter Reviews

1-6 of 6 total Movie Magic Screenwriter reviews
Film Director

""Best programming to work together with Cowriters ""

What do you like best?

I adore the manner in which Movie Magic Screenwriter makes it simple to compose the contents. It essentially arranges it for you. It is anything but difficult to utilize and extremely down to earth. In any case, my preferred thing is the manner by which the product auto finishes the words for you. It makes everything so natural and smooth. It cuts around 20% of the time you would spend on the off chance that you composed everything yourself. The auto-spare component is magnificent also. At the point when my PC chooses to crash, it spares my life.

What do you dislike?

I don't generally like the way that when you reorder the arranging is all wrong, and it truly disturbs me when I endeavor to alter it, and the program either deletes, or composes over what you recently composed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is an extraordinary program. Truly, there are just two screenwriting programs that are acknowledged in the film business. The true standard is Final Draft. Motion picture Magic Screenwriter holds the number two spot. I believe that method of reasoning is somewhat uncalled for, as I incline toward it in numerous regards. At last, I think they are on equivalent terms and the decision between them involves taste. Some like Final Draft and like it's notoriety. Others incline toward Movie Magic Screenwriter. I am of the last assortment.

I utilize this program to make screenplays for my film classes and furthermore for joy. I have composed three screenplays up until this point and every one of them were written in Movie Magic Screenwriter. It is an exceptionally simple to utilize programming, and it doesn't feel like home work to me.

(Myself Only)

"Pros and Cons of MovieMagic"

What do you like best?

Easy to learn. Tried and tested. While not popular anymore compared to the likes of Final Draft, it's a solid software for screenwriting.

What do you dislike?

Because it's so old and rarely updated, the UI and UX is clunky compared to other things that are available. However, it's simple enough that I stick with it to get my money's worth. After all, I'm just using it for process words and format them into a screenplay. Why would I need bells and whistles?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I don't think I'd recommend it to a new user, but I'm happy with it. I'll keep using it as long as I can.

Being able to make multiple copies of the same script with and without revision marks is a breeze in MovieMagic.

Graphic Design Intern

"Great way to turn your stories into scripts"

What do you like best?

I love the way Movie Magic Screenwriter makes it easy to write the scripts. It basically formats it for you. It is very easy to use and very practical. But my favorite thing is how the software auto completes the words for you. It makes everything so easy and smooth. It cuts around 20% of the time you would spend if you wrote everything yourself. The auto-save feature is awesome as well. When my computer decides to crash, it saves my life.

What do you dislike?

I don not really like the fact that when you copy and paste the formatting is all wrong, and it really bothers me when I try to edit it, and the program either erases, or writes over what you previously wrote.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend knowing the basics on how to write a screenplay prior to using the program, so you can know the rules and right ways to format everything. I recommend the book that I used in my screenwriting class "Hollywood Standard: The Complete and Authoritative Guide to Script Format and Style / Edition 2". It's still very useful nowadays. I get all my formatting questions answered with this book.

I use this program to make screenplays for my film classes and also for pleasure. I have written three screenplays so far and all of them were written in Movie Magic Screenwriter. It is a very easy to use software, and it doesn't even feel like home work to me.

UE
(Myself Only)

"15 Years and Counting"

What do you like best?

Having used Movie Magic Screenwriter in several versions, it wasn't until the NaviDoc that I truly fell in love with the program. Being able to have a quick reference to all my locations and characters makes writing a script that much easier.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Write Brothers, the publishers of the software, would create a mobile version that would interface with the Desktop version. That said, I have little complaints. I've used at least five different screenwriting programs and, aside from Final Draft, have yet to find one as feature rich and easy to use as this Movie Magic Screenwriter.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great program. Honestly, there are only two screenwriting programs that are accepted in the film industry. The de facto standard is Final Draft. Movie Magic Screenwriter holds the number two spot. I think that rationale is a bit unfair, as I prefer it in many respects. Ultimately, I think they are on equal terms and the choice between them is a matter of taste. Some like Final Draft and like it's prestige. Others prefer Movie Magic Screenwriter. I am of the latter variety.

I use it to writer screenplays, teleplays, and scripts for promotional and advertising videos for my video production company. To put it simply, the benefits of automatic pagination, scene numbering, plenty of export options and being able to quickly find and replace items within screenplays has made my workflow much faster and easier.

UE

"Best software to collaborate with Cowriters "

What do you like best?

What I like best about movie magic screen writer is that you can collaborate with as many fellow riders and each one could make as many edits to the script as they won and we all stay on the same page

What do you dislike?

What I do this like about it though is that it does have competition from other software is which are better updated such as final draft

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Aspiring writers all this go for it this software will help you complete your dream project

The problem we’re solving with movie magic screenwriter is that we’re saving a ton of paper for rewrites of the script by being able to make the edits on line on the software

"Awesome program!"

What do you like best?

I really like all of the formatting tools. It really helps to produce a clean and professional script.

What do you dislike?

It is not especially sleek but the features are worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get writing!

I have only tried it out but I can see how it will be beneficial in my future projects.

Movie Magic Screenwriter User Ratings

10.0
Ease of Setup
Average: 9.5*
* Screenwriting Category
Do you work for Movie Magic Screenwriter?

Movie Magic Screenwriter Categories on G2