Movie Magic Screenwriter Reviews & Product Details

Movie Magic Screenwriter Overview

What is Movie Magic Screenwriter?

Movie Magic Screenwrite 6 is a screenwriting software that formats movies, television, novels, stage plays and even comic book scripts, making it the only program for all types of creative writing.

Movie Magic Screenwriter Details

Write Brothers, Inc
Oak Park, CA
@Write_Brothers

Movie Magic Screenwriter Reviews

Showing 11 Movie Magic Screenwriter reviews
Already have Movie Magic Screenwriter?
What do you like best?

Screenwriter is exactly what is needed to produce professional-level screenplays for the film and TV industries. It leaves the writer free to create. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the complicated method of getting tech support (having to call a phone number and hoping someone will be available to help me. and their lunch hours remind me of lunch hours in Portugal. it's like they close up shop for a couple of hours! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

buy it and use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

this software completely revolutionized the way that I would rewrite a screenplay. I can go anywhere in the script (which I've simply copied over into a rewrite file) in a matter of a few keystrokes. I can do search and replace actions, for example, if i want to change a character's name. I can do that in a few keystrokes instead of spending hours or days doing that one action. the list goes on and on and on. so it totally changed my speed at writing and rewriting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I find it user-friendly and like the format and numerous features that really let you customize your screenplay. I was able to license a copy for my collaborator to use and our editing experience was seamless even though he had never used Movie Magic before. I particularly like the ease of formatting. Although I don't use all the features, I get my work done quickly and easily with this program because it meets my particular needs. I've tried other programs, including Final Draft, which I also have, but prefer this Movie Magic. Ultimately, it's all about user experience and perception, but personally, I highly recommend Movie Magic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Spellcheck could be better. Doesn't add certain words/names to dictionary. This would be helpful to me because I write science fiction and horror. Watermark setup can also be a little complicated. I sometimes have to revise a couple of times so it shows correctly in screenplay. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A solid, user-friendly program. Easy to learn and easier to use than other screenwriting programs. I like the screen display options. I'd like to see an improved spellchecker that allows the saving of names and made up words. Watermark setup can also be somewhat time-consuming. I'd like a good grammar check for a cleaner edit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's easy to write and edit screenplays, especially with the upgraded versions. I like the platform and page appearance better than other screenwriting programs. I've been using the program for years. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Film Director
What do you like best?

I adore the manner in which Movie Magic Screenwriter makes it simple to compose the contents. It essentially arranges it for you. It is anything but difficult to utilize and extremely down to earth. In any case, my preferred thing is the manner by which the product auto finishes the words for you. It makes everything so natural and smooth. It cuts around 20% of the time you would spend on the off chance that you composed everything yourself. The auto-spare component is magnificent also. At the point when my PC chooses to crash, it spares my life. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't generally like the way that when you reorder the arranging is all wrong, and it truly disturbs me when I endeavor to alter it, and the program either deletes, or composes over what you recently composed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is an extraordinary program. Truly, there are just two screenwriting programs that are acknowledged in the film business. The true standard is Final Draft. Motion picture Magic Screenwriter holds the number two spot. I believe that method of reasoning is somewhat uncalled for, as I incline toward it in numerous regards. At last, I think they are on equivalent terms and the decision between them involves taste. Some like Final Draft and like it's notoriety. Others incline toward Movie Magic Screenwriter. I am of the last assortment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I utilize this program to make screenplays for my film classes and furthermore for joy. I have composed three screenplays up until this point and every one of them were written in Movie Magic Screenwriter. It is an exceptionally simple to utilize programming, and it doesn't feel like home work to me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EDITORIAL EXPERIENCE
Telecommunications
What do you like best?

I love the ease of navigation with the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

None really, the software was one of my first experiences. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your research, learn the software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MMS has allowed me to create my best screenplays. As a professional writer it is important to have software that helps you create and edit with ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to learn. Tried and tested. While not popular anymore compared to the likes of Final Draft, it's a solid software for screenwriting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Because it's so old and rarely updated, the UI and UX is clunky compared to other things that are available. However, it's simple enough that I stick with it to get my money's worth. After all, I'm just using it for process words and format them into a screenplay. Why would I need bells and whistles? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I don't think I'd recommend it to a new user, but I'm happy with it. I'll keep using it as long as I can. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to make multiple copies of the same script with and without revision marks is a breeze in MovieMagic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The fact that this software dovetails with other MM production software makes it very useful if you're trying to set up a production. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Feels more intuitive for windows than Mac. Color coding can get confusing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The screenwriting software that works best for you will be a personal choice. Try out as many as you can then buy the one you like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It was useful for scheduling an independent shoot so everyone could see the pages due to be shot Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UW
What do you like best?

Good screenwriting program, but still struggles to live up to the standard, Final Draft. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Just not as fully functional as Final Draft, again, it’s all about the ease of use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While it’s a solid program and it’s marketed as “a standard in Hollywood”, I just don’t see how that’s possible, Final Draft is THE standard, you can’t reinvent the wheel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No real problems, solid, functional, but not the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

What I like best about movie magic screen writer is that you can collaborate with as many fellow riders and each one could make as many edits to the script as they won and we all stay on the same page Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I do this like about it though is that it does have competition from other software is which are better updated such as final draft Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Aspiring writers all this go for it this software will help you complete your dream project Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem we’re solving with movie magic screenwriter is that we’re saving a ton of paper for rewrites of the script by being able to make the edits on line on the software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like all of the formatting tools. It really helps to produce a clean and professional script. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is not especially sleek but the features are worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get writing! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have only tried it out but I can see how it will be beneficial in my future projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Graphic Design Intern
What do you like best?

I love the way Movie Magic Screenwriter makes it easy to write the scripts. It basically formats it for you. It is very easy to use and very practical. But my favorite thing is how the software auto completes the words for you. It makes everything so easy and smooth. It cuts around 20% of the time you would spend if you wrote everything yourself. The auto-save feature is awesome as well. When my computer decides to crash, it saves my life. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don not really like the fact that when you copy and paste the formatting is all wrong, and it really bothers me when I try to edit it, and the program either erases, or writes over what you previously wrote. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend knowing the basics on how to write a screenplay prior to using the program, so you can know the rules and right ways to format everything. I recommend the book that I used in my screenwriting class "Hollywood Standard: The Complete and Authoritative Guide to Script Format and Style / Edition 2". It's still very useful nowadays. I get all my formatting questions answered with this book. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use this program to make screenplays for my film classes and also for pleasure. I have written three screenplays so far and all of them were written in Movie Magic Screenwriter. It is a very easy to use software, and it doesn't even feel like home work to me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Having used Movie Magic Screenwriter in several versions, it wasn't until the NaviDoc that I truly fell in love with the program. Being able to have a quick reference to all my locations and characters makes writing a script that much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Write Brothers, the publishers of the software, would create a mobile version that would interface with the Desktop version. That said, I have little complaints. I've used at least five different screenwriting programs and, aside from Final Draft, have yet to find one as feature rich and easy to use as this Movie Magic Screenwriter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great program. Honestly, there are only two screenwriting programs that are accepted in the film industry. The de facto standard is Final Draft. Movie Magic Screenwriter holds the number two spot. I think that rationale is a bit unfair, as I prefer it in many respects. Ultimately, I think they are on equal terms and the choice between them is a matter of taste. Some like Final Draft and like it's prestige. Others prefer Movie Magic Screenwriter. I am of the latter variety. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it to writer screenplays, teleplays, and scripts for promotional and advertising videos for my video production company. To put it simply, the benefits of automatic pagination, scene numbering, plenty of export options and being able to quickly find and replace items within screenplays has made my workflow much faster and easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Movie Magic Screenwriter?

Movie Magic Screenwriter Categories on G2