If you have applications with MongoDB NoSQL as the database, MongoDB allows you to get started at no cost with Stitch for service integrations, programmatically data handling using it’s easy to use JSON-based RESTful APIs. MongoDB Stitch provides flexibility and ease of use to developers, it provides direct access to data securely and consistently. It provides fine grained data access controls and integrations with other services. MongoDB Stitch is very useful if you are in micro services environment, it gives easy method of orchestrating or microservices integrations. Stitch also provides easy access to other Cloud services (Azure or AWS).
What do you dislike?
Unlike other serverless compute like Microsoft Azure Functions or AWS Lambda, MongoDB Stitch service is delivering serverless computes but it has state.
It is not as mature as other two major serverless compute Azure Functions or AWS Lambda. Easy integration with Atlas but not so easy with AWS or Azure services.
Recommendations to others considering the product:
I would strongly recommend MongoDB's Stitch for following reasons (even though it is emerging and maturing every day and days to go)
1. Easy to use
2. Direct access to database securely with fine grained access
3. JSON-based RESTful APIs are powerful and fast
4. Integration capabilities with ATLAS, AWS a,d Azure services
5. Powerful Pipeline features let to develop your application workflow easily in matter of minutes.
6. Cost effective solution.
What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
I have multiple requirements where sequence of actions has to be performed in a sequence. Stitch services (pipeline) provide powerful feature to achieve that. I can easily build an appropriate workflow for my application using Stitch’s workflow tool in just matter of few minutes.
Overall, MongoDB Stitch is very useful and powerful BaaS too and we are having more and more business problems can be solved by MongoDB's Stitch Services
* We monitor all MongoDB Stitch reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.