Miva Reviews & Product Details

President
What do you like best?

Miva's core product has evolved rapidly in recent years and has allowed us to grow rapidly with them. They offer all the normal features needed, but also tools to build really great custom features. Miva has a Professional Services department that works on projects for us, so we are able to turn to them for all aspects of our e-commerce site: platform, hosting, and customization. Their support department is phenomenal, and is fast to hop on any issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure it would be a concern for most, but although we have enterprise level hosting, we are not able to choose our own email application, nor are we allowed to install plugins for the email application provided. I'm sure the email is great for most businesses, but we'd like the opportunity to select something different, or at least add plugins to fit our needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We lean on Miva to solve problems on a daily basis. We have features on our site that none of our competition has, and have a great conversion rate. Our front office knows that Miva can make our site do anything we want it to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Miva Overview

What is Miva?

Miva’s unique hybrid SaaS technology combines the ease of use and trusted security of SaaS with the flexibility and rich functionality found in Open Source and On-Premise systems. Miva’s native functionality includes a rich assortment of shopping and merchandising tools that reduce the need for third-party plug-ins. With Miva, merchants can operate B2B and B2C sales through a single website, displaying products and offering promotions tailored to specific customer groups.

Miva Details
Discussions
Miva Community

Miva is an enterprise ecommerce platform that gives you the ability to manage a personalized and constantly evolving ecommerce ecosystem (B2B & B2C sales, inventory management, shipping, returns, and more) from a single management interface.

The Miva eCommerce platform is built on a SaaS-like framework, but with the capabilities of open-source eCommerce software, positioning it alongside solutions like Magento and Shopify Plus.

Miva, Inc.
Phone
800.608.MIVA
1997
San Diego, CA
@miva

Miva Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Miva community
Have you used Miva before?

Miva Reviews

Showing 165 Miva reviews
Already have Miva?
Owner
What do you like best?

This platform is complete, and has updates that never crash your store. While it is expensive, it is all inclusive, and doesn't need extra apps to run.

I tried moving my business to Magento several years ago, and during the build, found that the platform was very slow loading...so slow, that customers would not wait for pages to load, so I abandoned the move to Magento.

Recently, I tried moving my business to Shopify. The cost to host with shopify was significantly less, but that cost is the tip of the iceberg. When you add up all the extra apps required to make our store as functional like our Miva site, plus Shopify's additional cost to process credit cards, plus the lack of customer support, I am abandoning this move, and will continue with Miva. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Miva recently implemented a significant cost hike, and I'm still reeling from the sticker shock. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Unless you are a code warrior, you will need to hire an expert to set up your store. Miva has excellent programmers that will do this for you, but they are expensive. I hired a programmer outside of Miva to do all of the customizations necessary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Miva includes its own hosting, along with its software. This is a huge advantage, because when something goes wrong, the hosting company and the sofware company cannot blame each other. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The tech support folks at Miva are really top notch. They are always quick to respond and bend over backwards to solve the toughest of problems. Miva has been my shopping cart for 20+ years and our web host for almost 10. There are many other options, but when something works as well as Miva, you don't go looking around to save a buck or two. I'm not a programmer and know just enough about html to be dangerous. These guys and gals have never failed to help me fix or understand something in a timely manner. They are great communicators, and always respectful of their customers regardless of their level of expertise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I don't like, but I would like it if their responses to support requests would include my original comment. It would help keep things in context for me if I had a thread of prior communications on the same issue in every email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have a complicated product line that includes subscription-based aspects of our web site as well as tangible products. Miva's platform works for anything I want to sell whether it's tangible, digital, or streaming video access or membership-section access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Aside from the fact that Miva probably has more experience in the ecommerce space than any other shopping cart vendor, they are still small enough to provide real customer support. We've been on Miva since 1.0 in 1999, and as far as I know, even after being bought out a few years ago, the founder still runs the company like his own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, we hardly ever have to interact with Miva corporate any more because the shopping cart works flawlessly for us. But when we do call, we don't have to wait long to get someone who knows how to help. Sorry, I can't be more critical. What could be better? Well, it could be free, but that's not how the world works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trouble free shopping cart performance. We are a small business and probably don't use all the features. In fact, we are using an older version but it still does what we need: Reliably collects money and integrates with our accounting and shipping systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

I like miva extraordinary data server, followed by its very precise simplified web approach, its proven record of credit payment dial-up notes, active refund management, network tax billing pipeline, direct prioritization of configured message delivery, real-time trading property scheduling, Native web development functions of sales portals, regular management of bids and product purchase auctions, higher sample percentages, agility of presentation changes, automatic subscription adaptations, product display queries, are used in your company to build electronic performance potential. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The image encryption storage power and the maintenance of stable advertising protections are affected by a revenue tracking value error, which causes certain economic adjustment losses in the company, which provide an inaccurate administrative safeguard action, causing general accounting grade misinformation in my company, so that my possibility of trade profitability is poor as this problem is within miva, so a systematized reference condition of approaches to detecting monetary losses must be installed in this software to eliminate this drawback of its platform completely and arise at the digital level with the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recommendable in its entirety is the miva software, since its incredible performance allows you to access professional e-commerce possibilities, incorporating a healthy personalization of product presentation data in real time, exercising customer relationship leveling, powerful grouping of marketing campaigns, intelligent opening of purchase profiles, Economically adjustable performance display settings, stable production conditioned ratio, independent dial-up tracking of rich sales transactions, intuitive auto-negotiation reference tracking, administration of content management drives, are all reasons why this system is recommended in its entirety. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using this purchase management format, I started to manage payment exercises, active transaction monitoring, inventory value grouping, enabling large integrations with professional data sharing systems, I defined a page design margin for the acquisition of new customers through targeted advertising with service positioning url, I have activated a naturalization of campaign traffic trends in its analytical position has provided me with incredible support for economic failure containment, cost simplification, data security maintenance design, email application, contact list synchronization and an electronic revenue definition, have served to use all the tools offered by this marketing programming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

One of the characteristics that follow this system, in an extraordinary way, is that their functionalities are totally extendable, which means a good stability of the store that is exercised in these areas based on the electronic commerce, mentioning that it is customization to the scope of any client that is in these digital lines based on the sales by means of a code of templates of the respective page, or even integrate better services that improve the integrity and maneuverability of the operators governed by these pages dedicated to digital marketing at large business scales, and especially better adaptations to new versions that run through this server. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The area of administration of Miva has not been the easiest to use later, since it maintains errors that are not yet established and fixed in the system, since they come to continue failing in the prevalent interfaces of the software, being a problem to an intermediate scale that has not yet been presented adjacent solution, in other more outstanding aspects we can emphasize that at the moment it lacks some methods that are of great importance for the emergence of the system and of the company that uses that server, since it lacks social capacity in the external registries that are kept every time some user registers to the facilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Miva is represented since it is a software designed for the stores that need that their operating systems towards the clients can be customized, so that these individuals can choose to their preference the products that are of their greater interest, but everything was designed for companies that maintain a balance of small productivity or for digital stores that require of the mentioned entrusted characteristics, so that its resources are configurable to the environment of the customers that may come to acquire, being ideal for this kind of business because it encourages different and varied questions that are the opinion of users and are the most used when manufacturing an order. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The design and development of e-commerce based on Miva margin is the main core of our organization, because it meets all our expectations and that is the reason why we implemented this software in the digital platforms that we keep active in the company that corresponds to us, because it has been very useful to carry out the financial operations in the payment of the products that we acquire, in a matter of minutes we can solve problems in these commercial and public areas through some skillful process that is running, offering security against attacks or errors and ensuring the effectiveness of their respective review entrusted, being very productive and raising the performance of our company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Our company has used Miva for 19 years, and have our site hosted with Miva for the past 6. They are responsive to issues and outages that have been caused by config errors on our side or dns attacks. They continue to improve and innovate. They have integrated our ERP system and fraud detection service. Our site had an error the Saturday night of Memorial Day weekend- I emailed their VIP service group and it was fixed within an hour- service like this speaks wonders for their support operation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For us there are none- any limitations on our ecom operation is not because of Miva. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They are great partners to work with, no matter what your volume is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our site has large and complicated product application lookups. Using Miva and our search solution has worked well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that any and every time I've needed anything I could talk to someone who knew what they were talking about immediately and usually any minor technical problems are solved in less than 30 minutes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything worth mentioning that would be important for anyone considering Miva. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Well, Miva is the first platform we've used as a small manufacturing company to build out our website and start selling online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

User Interface Designer
What do you like best?

This e-commerce platform is pretty awesome. It gives a detailed explanation of how to get started which is quite helpful and informative. It also is supportive of individual merchants to scale up their business. I really like their blog content as its good and useful for the users. Overall that has been a good platform for my e-commerce business . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The this that I dislike is about the technical aspects of this e-commerce platform. Sometimes I feel that to be a pretty complicated system to use for my business. I didn't like it that when it comes to pricing for their services. All over there are some changes needed to be fixed for a better experience of the services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Miva actually helps you in increasing conversions, increasing average order value, and cutting operating costs. I have experienced such results and really want to thank them for their service. It is quite a supportive platform that I have seen. I even really like the clear display of functionalities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Wholesale
What do you like best?

Support has always been top notch. even though we use it very little. We have used Miva for 15 + years and have never been disappointed with the platform. To be up front when we started with Miva I had no idea the difference in all these platforms. We say it as a platform that would work for us. As time went on we looked at several other platforms but they never measured up. What we really like it the ability to customize the programming to us. Miva has continually added and upgraded the platform and got better each time. We are a relativity small company but has grown due to the platform. At this point i cannot even think of changing as this has worked and continues to work great for our company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Need more detail in videos, sometimes they only give one scenario. Example under the Marketing video it would be nice to see more information on how to set up the pricing. Each Type is different but video only shows one type. That would be helpful. The videos are great but more details would be great. Example in marketing setting up price groups there is limited information and only one thing showing how to set up. there and would lick to see each aspect of setup ( would also save support calls). Hope to see pricing remain affordable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great product and would recommend highly. Using Miva since around 1984. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Updating to a mobile friendly frame was one thing I did. I have learned a lot how to use Miva and I appreciate that I can do my own work. I have been using Miva Just about from the beginning of Miva. With each enhancement it just gets better. I have looked at other ecommerce software but none compare to what I want and get with Miva. The support videos are great and information is continually getting better. I would like to see more detail in the videos, example not just one scenario of use. I always recommend Miva to anyone wanting to use ecommerce platform. Let me say i have never felt neglected by anyone at Miva, support is as good as I have seen in any company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Great support, Huge Community of Addons and Developers. Super flexible ecommerce platform. My business has grown with Miva since the Miva v3 Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They're definitely on the pricier side of things and having to constantly ensure that your version is up to date or they ding you a penalty fee for non-compliance. Would be great if we could have auto-updates Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Miva has been able to grow with us and vice versa. From shipping capabilities, to coupons, to manage merchandising structure. It's not cookie-cutter where your store looks the same like everyone else's. You can make it your own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive
What do you like best?

Consistent on their customer support and features provided. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Could have been at a bit cheap price.... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Its quite convenient to work on it and get things done as per your choice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

It can do anything any eCommerce platform does and more, far better, secure, stable! Miva platform is only limited by your imagination. Front-end customization and implementation could be easier, less costly. Extensive vendor Design Team customization can get very expensive very quickly. The great thing about the platform, it's the ideal place to start and grow your business, you will never outgrow Miva and they are constantly making substantive improvements. No contracts, month-to-month, cancel at any time, not based on sales volume, no surprises. Data Import/Export and Backup/Restore, Exceptional!

2020/05/22 Update: Almost twenty years later with Miva and they continue to be an exceptional eCommerce platform, always evolving front and back-end. CEO Rick Wilson and his team continues to be very active in their user forums. Extensive front-end customization by in-house Design Team continues to be a very costly proposition for small and midsize shops. Fortunately, Miva continues to invest heavily in developing formidable Mobile First, SEO friendly and well documented front-end solutions; frameworks, templates, extensions, themes that can be skinned (and in their JSON API too). Making extensive front-end customization far less necessary for small and midsize shops and will only get better with time. Over the years I have evaluated many popular platforms and none come even close to Miva. In our twenty years within the community never heard anyone regretting choosing Miva for their business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Back-end administration navigation, intuitiveness and workflow is good, but could be improved (everyone is excited with the upcoming release of Miva 10 in late 2020 that will address all these issues along with few other surprises). Front-end customization has improved, but could be easier to implement for small and midsize shops, such as conditional dynamic content and promotional displays (e.g: Welcome back [Jane], Recently Viewed Items, Popular Items, Popular Categories, Top Sellers, Top Categories, People who purchase this also purchase, Top Searches, etc...). Basic search needs significant improvement (third-party solutions are available but for shops with minimum annual sales of $1M). Home page (storefront) lacks essential conditional dynamic content to trigger sales, 90-95% of storefront content is static. Solutions to all these issues, features already exists but they are not easy to implement or too costly for small and midsize shops -Miva really has no limitations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Miva platform is only limited by your imagination. Front-end customization and implementation could be easier, less costly. Extensive vendor Design Team customization can get very expensive very quickly. The great thing about the platform, it's the ideal place to start and grow your business, you will never outgrow Miva and they are constantly making substantive improvements. No contracts, month-to-month, cancel at any time, not based on sales volume, no surprises. Data Import/Export and Backup/Restore, Exceptional! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No problems. Recently updated responsive html templates optimized UI and UX (front-end) has significantly improved our mobile and tablet online sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Physician Associate
What do you like best?

We have found that our resource for orthopaedic surgeons and related professionals has functioned very well. The site is very responsive and is easy to update, which we do regularly. When we switched hosting from a web marketing company to ourselves, MIVA was and has been very responsive to our questions and has solved every issue very easily.

A few months ago we started managing some of the technical aspects of the site ourselves. Fortunately, support from MIVA has been excellent! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far, we have nothing to complain about. We had initially been working through a marketing company and just began hosting the site ourselves, but no problems so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Switching hosting from a web marketing company to ourselves posed some anxiety and we had some questions that had to be answered. MIVA was very responsive.

The problem our website is solving is helping orthopaedic surgeons and related professionals find and find choices of needed products to do their best work for their patients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

As a developer, I like that the Core files don't get affected when you customize the platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

unless you are very familiar with MIVA , its hard to customize

too expensive for smaller busineses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

stable , scalable ecommerce platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Wholesale
What do you like best?

We switched to Miva in 2001, and have been with them for 20 years. Sadly, they have threatened to raise our price by 250% starting in January 1, 2020 unless we sign a longterm contract. I guess that is what happens when VC money gets into the picture. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There has been a recent price alignment with the roll out of Miva 9, so we will be paying more this year than in previous years. No one likes to have their costs go up. But this pales into insignificance with the newest increase of 250% effective 1/1/2019 unless we sign a long term pricing contract. Again, I blame the recent investments by VC. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Miva used to be a great company, but since VC money has invested in them, expect significant price increases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Still looking for another, more reasonably priced option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

We have been using Miva for about ten years, to be honest I cna't remember how long exactly, tried other systems, even looked and changing systems a few times, never found anything that did what we need. The level of customisation iis perfect and if there is something we cannot do, we can get Miva or a third party to do it for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you want to get into the nitty gritty of it all and do really custom stuff (you don't have to as someone else like Miva can do it for you), the code can get a bit confusing. But even a non-programmer can work it out. This does lead to amazing customisation possibilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check out the sample templates they have, they can easily be modified to suit your own store. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have a range of very different products that need special shipping options, Australian tax, Australia post codes etc, all doable with Miva! Relatively easy to do bulk updates too. Our other users have little problem processing orders through the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

eBusiness Manager
What do you like best?

We can do just about anything we want on any Miva generated page by adding a few lines of code or by writing a module. In recent years, Miva has made great strides in bringing their software up to modern standards and functionality, and they keep adding new features and third party apps. We recently started using their new TaxJar app, and it was simple to configure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My current wish list items are better product search with field prioritization and I want the ability to display pieces of information that are important to us such as total order weight on the order detail screen on the administration side. I would also like them to take away the ability to delete a product or category from the Related Product and Category assignment screens. It's way too easy to delete something rather than remove an assignment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The newest versions of Miva have made it really easy work on products and categories, and this saves us tons of time. We're experiencing massive growth on the eCommerce side of our business, and the Miva software isn't slowing us down. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ability to easily customize, there is no request from a customer on a function that they needed that is not able to be accomplished in MIVA Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like more B2B functionality out of the box Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You need to have some coding knowledge Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gives us the ability to set up B2B sites economically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

First rate software with unmatched customer support.

Any and all issues we ever had have been quickly and professionally resolved.

A great staff of people who can't do enough to help and put you at ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not a thing! i am completely satisfied with their software and support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our key web person left thee years ago and I have personally been working on our website. With the help and

understanding of the good folks at Miva, I feel a lot more comfortable tackling any situation with far less anxiety. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketer
What do you like best?

Miva helps us hold our businesses on cloud, where we conduct sales and procurement in the cloud. Furthermore, Miva is a software for SEO, which is a major marketing strategy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nonetheless, Miva lacks the email marketing feature, which is an extra and sensitive application for advertising. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The price rates for Miva are nothing to fear. The time factor is also well saved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Thye many lessons we acquire from Miva is that we can conduct business online, and reduces the time factor, and also finances provisions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Systems Administrator
What do you like best?

Miva offers tons of possibilities and features. It is good for a straight-forward product lines (like shirts) and also offers integrations and alternatives. I've never had an issue with downtime. And the support has been great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Documentation is confusing. I have trouble finding documentation on specific functions and on a general overview of the Miva environment. There are many videos but these lack specifics I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

On-line forums are great. Miva employees and other users are very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have used MIVA for 10 years as the shopping cart for our website that is mostly static pages. Now, we are using MIVA to reorganizing our website to improve navigation and responsiveness and implement "facets" so customers can find the products they need. The built-in "facets" function saves us from implementing a custom solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

Functionality, Customer Service, Consistency and so much more!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Pricing or the way my pricing came about. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Such flexibility on my site and when we offer online sales, we can tailor them to exactly what we want to offer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Digital Marketing & Development
What do you like best?

We have received better, more comprehensive support assistance from Miva than from any other platform we have used. This makes it easy and fast for our staff to manage and maintain the website, and cut potential costs that would otherwise have been incurred if we needed to hire an outside consultant for help with integration or customization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Miva system setup can seem confusing or overwhelming at first. But after becoming familiar with it and using it, it makes sense how it is set up and becomes very easy and fast to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our search function on the front end has never worked better, and several customers have specifically mentioned in reviews how easy to navigate and use the site is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.