Milanote Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

Milanote is intiutive, visual, easy to use, it makes your ideas flows easily and the chrome extension does a great job collecting information for your boards. The way boards work make really easy to deep in a concept or project and gather information in different levels. You can attach any kind of documents or information and relate it with other information pieces. It´s the closest sensation to a sheet of paper in terms of how your mind feels while using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Well... what not to like about this little master piece... For small teams it would be great to have monthly billing options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Brainstorming, concept development collaboration, project management, charting, and others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Milanote Overview

What is Milanote?

Milanote: For the research, thinking and planning behind your next great piece of work.

Milanote Details

Milanote is notes app designed for creative work.

Milanote
2016
Melbourne, Australia
@milanoteapp

Milanote Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Milanote community
Have you used Milanote before?

Milanote Reviews

Showing 25 Milanote reviews
Already have Milanote?
Team Leader, Coiled Tubing Service
What do you like best?

This application is very useful to keep a certain control of annotation is the inspirations that it gives us every day at work and have a digital compilation of it, where we can even send an invitation to other people to give their opinion or collaborate on our boards with the sketch that let's have. It also allows us to export the content as well as Word or PDF. The best thing is that I can use it from any device so if any inspiration appears at a given moment we can easily write or draw it at that moment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only disadvantage that for now I see it is that it is only available in English and sometimes I send contributions to colleagues who speak another language for their opinions or help me in my sketches but this is not a great barrier because the commands and characteristics are basic that Any foreigner with a very basic command of English can handle it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it for those people and professionals who like to have their primary ideas or their sketches organized digitally Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In many of the engineering planning processes we always need sketches or inspirations that help us to improve the operational processes of preventive maintenance and on many occasions we want to have new ideas for new tools, equipment and components that help us to better carry out these chores. Obviously the designs must be made in a plane, but the main ideas or inspirations is always good to have sketches or ideas that later lead you to carry out these projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to create unlimited boards is the most liked thing about Milanote. Also, this application is straightforward to use through its drag and drop feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The dislike thing about Milanote is its default colour scheme, which is not appealing to me. Besides, this app is not usable in offline mode. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Milanote has become a digital tool for taking notes and converting them into a visual board for better productivity and mobility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Executive Officer
What do you like best?

We really like how simple yet strong Milanote is. The layout is extremely user friendly and it allows you to create almost anything you want within a few minutes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When I first started using this app we didn't really like the layout of some elements, but they improved it.

As of right now the only thing that would be nice would be creating custom headings for the text, even using an H1 it there are a lot of graphics it the title could look small and out of alignment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

keep it up Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Visual communication for clients and our internal team. Milanote allows us to simply explain our ideas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Asst. Marketing Manager - Digital & Social Media
What do you like best?

I like the interface and the pinboard types of feature which highlighted and well-organized feature. Milanote is a new cloud-based solution therefore I can access it from any place using a mobile or desktop. It helps to Organise all your ideas in one place and also can be shared with other members. It also gives the option of selecting people who can see a particular board. And obviously it's helpful for the team of people who work from multiple locations for a same project.

Not only for the team member but it also makes Manger or lead work progress tracking system easy because you can check the progress details by looking at the dashboard. There is a free version of Milanote. Milanote does offer a free trial so, you can use and if like then can go for the licensed vesion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing much to dislike but we use few connection tools like zapier or Supermetrcis but I couldn't connect it there. But I found one more restriction of sign up because sometimes clients want to see the progress details but for checking that they need to create the account where we get bad feedback of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am working for a company as a digital marketing consultant and work from home, therefore, I wanted a solution where I can upload my daily task and the future calendar with the team and no need any manual communication for the updates.

The same bord also I shared with the client so even they can check on their own whenever they want to see the update. Also, they can give comment on any task which needs and review or changes.

So basically I can connect, track & give feedback in on Single Flatform in Milanote. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Foreign Language Teacher
What do you like best?

Every time I think of something I'd like to try to do on Milanote, I look, and that tool is already there. From the intuitive organizational structure of the overall application and its clean look to the fact that users have total control over how their ideas, materials, photos, notes and lists sit -- with respect to one another -- it's a phenomenally built app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the card limits built into Milanote are way too low. I understand the fact that the company wants to incentivize users to upgrade to a paid plan, but it's hard to build a steady enough pattern of usage to justify that when you can only place, effectively, 100 notes/photos/etc. in your boards before you're blocked from going further. That may sound like a lot, but for someone who uses multiple boards to organize different projects, it's not! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Milanote has a free plan, which allows you to make up to 100 notes/photos/etc. into as many boards as you'd like, that has no time restriction. It's definitely worth at least a try! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been trying to reorganize by to-dos, notes, project plans, and general life goals into a more streamlined, easy-to-find and easy-to-use structure that would allow me to do more in less time -- Milanote helps me do that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Video Producer
Graphic Design
Account Manager
What do you like best?

Very visually appealing. Tons of customizations available to make any board meet specific requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With so many customization options, it's easy to get too distracted and find yourself wasting time making things "pretty" instead of getting them organized and done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent option for teams that like organizing their projects in visually appealing ways. Perfect for visualizing workflows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organizing projects that include multiple smaller projects within them, and that involve multiple stakeholders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

That you can grab any inspiration that you find anywhere... internet, books, video, article and collect it all and disect in Milanote. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Zooming is clunky. There aren't many alignment tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Storyboarding, visual reseach. Mind mapping. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Milanote, to me, is like Pinterest, Evernote, Paper by 53 on the iPad, and my Bullet Journal had a child. I love that I can nest boards inside of boards, notes connected to other notes. You can lay things out however you feel like it, and the whole experience really feels like they had the creative person in mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They are still currently developing features for the program (which operates on a polling system on the website). So I'm currently wanting to center text within my notes, or zoom in and out of my boards, or access it from an actual app on my iPad (or on my PC, which they currently do not offer YET). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try! There's a free option with a fairly small storage space, but they also provide examples and templates for you to get a feel of the storage solution. While they are still developing new features, even in it's current state I think Milanote is one of the best softwares out there, and it's filled a niche that I've been desperately searching for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Milanote has helped me organize my business and personal life. Though a bit on the slower side to create, I've made calendars within Milanote to plan out the month and also add photos/notes from the day. Expenses, mindmaps, creative briefs for projects. It's my favourite purchase of the year so far, and I definitely will renew year after year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Support Analyst.
What do you like best?

Milanote is very much easy to use.Not even on my first few occasions of using this program,did I encounter any difficulty.I like how I am able to add notes on my interactive board,personalize my board through customization and add images to my notes,if there is a need to.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I will like to be able to write down notes on Milanote using my Apple Pencil as against having to always type. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Milanote to jot down information which I will need to remember much later.As one who is always coming up with Eureka moments,Milanote is the my next destination whenever a beautiful idea hits me up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use. The quick tutorial was enough to get me started. I can tell a lot of time was spent on the simplicity of the website and I believe the clean look adds to its ease of use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't see this being very practical for myself. I can see people using this for company/school project to share ideas or maybe used as a personal vision board, but I can't see myself recommending it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Allow graphs and charts so it will appeal more towards business growth. Also maybe create a to do list option so I wouldn't have to build it out in a collumn myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can't say i'd solve any problems necessarily, but i do think it can be used as a to do list. I'm picturing "asana" but with the ability to create graphs and pie charts to show projections and growth.Again, the sharing (public and private) is a huge plus, but without the ability to build graphs and charts in it, I feel it's a bit limiting. Otherwise I would see this as just an online journal Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that you can design your lists and agenda's in all different manners. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing sticks out. Tutorials on use would be nice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Going paperless is better for the environment and there is no reason you can't switch to an online task management system. Its the way of the future and it's just a simple change that will have lasting reprecussions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As an accountant I have a lot of numbers and random tasts to account for. I like to be organized otherwise I miss something and this app helps me be diligent. Our office has gone paperless and we are no longer allowed to use paper lists. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Designer
Internet
What do you like best?

I've been using Milanote as my go to note taking tool. The UI resembles a mood-board so I am a huge fan of the layout. I really like that it supports images/video and media in general. When I'm working on a work project, it helps to have one place where i can condense all relevant sources and content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I often work directly on my iPad when I am on the go. Currently there is no feature that allows me to write directly in Milanote. The ability to write notes, not just typing them, would be great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a shot. I compared many other note taking tools before I found Milanote. I've had other designers ask me what tool I am using for taking notes, especially when attending events or workshops. It's a work in progress but they have a solid product that still has a lot of potential and room to grow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I collect a lot of user feedback during the early stages of my projects. Milanote has helped me condense a lot of the feedback and data that I get. The collaboration tools have allowed me to share a lot of findings and research with my team. Because Milanote does provide me more creative freedom in terms of how I structure the content on the page, it helps me turn all that feedback and present it in a format that is visually friendlier on the eyes, especially for non-designers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that you can add multiple layers to your notes. You can upload files, tag links, and add images.

It's very easy to be detailed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think there needs to be more explanation to new users. Creating boards can be confusing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Milanote is an easy way to stay organized and it allows you to very detailed in your daily planning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital organization! Post-It's are no longer allowed in our office and this has helped us compile our thoughts! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I like that it's a really clean and intuitive platform to write notes. I like that it's online so it's connected to the cloud if I don't have access to my own computer. You can download it so that you can use it if you don't have access to wifi you can still edit your notes. I'm using it on a mac, so I'm not sure if there are limitations on this feature for regular PCs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

All of the notes you can pull into your "boards" are really cool, but I just wish there were more! Like maybe a drawing tool would be helpful (although you can upload images). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a really flexible note-taking software you might want to look elsewhere. There will be certain limitations to what you can do with this, but if you're a visual person I would say this is a perfect software for you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Note-taking, organization & check-lists Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

First Impression
Real Estate
What do you like best?

I'm the receptionist at a busy real estate company and I am constantly juggling appointments for multiple agents and employees. This site helps me maintain my schedule and be efficient with my time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more decoration. I want to personalize my to-do list! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's very helpful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving having an overwhelming amount of things to remember but no place to organize - Our office is paperless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner/ Founder/ Director of League Operations
Sports
What do you like best?

The freedom to create and customize boards - including images, web links, text. You name it! Free to download. Extremely user-friendly and easy to share with collaborators. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They (Milanote) want you to share the app with friends via a code which in turn allows you to add more boards/ space. I haven't gone over my quota just yet, but I dislike that I can't add as much or as many boards as I'd like want without having to pawn it off on my friends. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a less-structured online notes app, this one is for you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's my 2.0 to do list. I don't have to try and fit in someone else's structured box. I get to make my own! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Milanote is a marketer/designer dream for taking notes and making mock-ups. I'm a fairly new user but have been using this product to create new campaign and content ideas for social media and email marketing. The Google Chrome plug-in also allows you to pull images off the web and integrate them in. It's great when you have an idea and do not want to forget it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was not the easiest to locate the Mac OS X app for MIlanote. It was not in the App Store. but a simple Google search and I was able to locate. Other than that, it's easy to use and awesome to work with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely try it, it is a free app. If you're in marketing or design roles, this might be something to help organize/execute things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving more visual ways to look at campaigns and ideas versus just jotting down notes and sketches. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UD
What do you like best?

I love Milanote because it allows me to pull together all my online inspiration for many sources and organize them into coherent thoughts. I use Milanote to create mood boards for book covers, organize website structure and and build blog content. It is very image friendly and that works well for me to narrow down the "feel" of each project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the "suggested" folder graphics... some of them make no sense or are goofy. Also, it would be nice if they had color themes and more color options for the notes and folders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Love it. Take the time to take the tour of the program. It is pretty user friendly and intuitive, but there are some features like the arrows that can be customized that I didn't see at first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have used Milanote to create mood boards for new books covers. It allows me to pull all my online inspiration research into one place very easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Interactive Designer
What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the options. I'm using it primarily to create moodboards and my list of to-dos each day. Other software can have too many options for the simplistic nature of creating and saving.

Displaying previews of the website page is really useful for great a visual of the pages our site has.

Creating checklists for projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Aesthetically and UX/UI experience could both be improved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out! I think you'll find some value that other tools haven't achieved yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating moodboards for projects, planning website journeys, sharing information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the endless amount of capabilities this program has. The ability to add arrows and other creative tools is fun as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As much as I like being able to move boards around anywhere I want, I would like for an option where the positioning of the boards could be locked. Almost the way trello looks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nothing at the moment yet. I definitely see the benefits of being able to add images and upload files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Community Outreach Specialist
Real Estate
What do you like best?

The website is easy to understand and navigate through. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything. It covers everything I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been able to create fun and exciting content for my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease of taking notes on an interactive board that lets you add images and customize your board - it's great for brainstorming! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You can only add 100 pieces on the free plan Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Simplifies the craft of creating moodboards, makes taking notes so much easier and presents them in a much more user friendly way Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UW
What do you like best?

As a blogger, it's the perfect place for me to plan out my content and create check lists, to-do lists, vision boards, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say there is nothing about Milanote that I dislike Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For me, the biggest benefit is organization in one simple place Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I like that everything I am thinking about at one time can be neatly organized on a single screen Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not know of anything I dislike yet! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organization on-screen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.