Microsoft Word Reviews & Product Details

Software Engineer 2
What do you like best?

I love my schedule, my to-do list, and my projects, and I actually started using SharePoint with Office 365. The latter two plans helped me with the team plans or perhaps the exchange of information. It helps find a place where most people can update a document on time, rather than sending it by email. SharePoint is excellent, and I love syncing with my computer for access that is easy to archive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally I can't get the environment I want to use. Still, after a quick search, I can usually conclude it's not a problem. The search toolbar has become invaluable in these matters. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Office 365 is a good choice for those who choose an office suite with the idea of collaborating with the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The time savings from reducing the numbers of conference calls are overwhelming, both in terminology and time management. For my clients, especially those who live many miles from my workplace, it will be much easier to work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Microsoft Word Overview

@Microsoft
9,300,495 Twitter followers
193,766 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software products and services; and designs and sells hardware worldwide. Flagship products include Windows, Office, Azure, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Dynamics ERP and CRM, as well as Xbox; Skype; and Windows Phone.

Microsoft Word Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Microsoft Word community
Have you used Microsoft Word before?

Microsoft Word Reviews

Showing 647 Microsoft Word reviews
Already have Microsoft Word?
Student
Manager
What do you like best?

Microsoft word is very easy to use. You can format your data as per your needs.

The addition of smart arts, shapes and charts makes it unique.

You can also add tables and colour / format selective data. IT comes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The software is too good to find any dislike as of now.

Still the only challenge is if you want to get support you needs to have latest version with licensed which is not part of one time license. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Microsoft word is a good tool developed by Microsoft for preparation of documents, project reports and writeups.

It is very useful if you are doing Management reporting where you have to explain the situation / resoning.

It comes with MS Office package and is a must have tool. Go for it ! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using Microsoft word for preparing our monthly reports (write ups).

We are also using it for designing formats for file notes, purchase requisition etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Microsoft Word
HSI Mentor
Founder and CEO
Analyst
What do you like best?

Microsoft word is really simple to use and it comes with a ton of functionality. It supports images word with numerous word fonts which is very essential while creating report and making documentation of project related data. It supports bar graps and chart creation which helps to reflect the project related data into meaningful sights. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I hardly finds anything that I can say I would dislike about Microsoft Word. It works miraculously for me that's it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Microsoft Wordhelps to make a perfect document for project that can make a great impression on team members by using graphical representation and different fonts and image and video supports . You can easily switch between different platform as Microsoft word runs on PC and Smartphone. Everything about Microsoft Word is great and very reliable as data can automatically gets saved if pc shutdowns unplanned. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Microsoft Word for drafting the project related data that I share with my team later. I like the platform independent feature of Microsoft Word as I can start working on PC and later can work on same document from my smartphone, this comes really handy while I'm on short run to compile project documentation on time. I use graphs and charts to represent data so it becomes more meaningful and that makes a great impression instead of showing the data in numericals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recruitment Consultant
What do you like best?

I love the fact that Microsoft Word is so versatile.

I can literally use Word for anything and then incorporate this some way into the Microsoft Office Eco system. I usually use Word quite a lot to look through CVs and this allows me to edit the document, save it how I want to and even convert it into a PDF document all within Word itself.

It's probably one of the best tools out there at the moment and doesn't even compare to other MacOS tools which I've used mainly due to the eco system that Microsoft has built. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do dislike sometimes how Microsoft encourages their paid aspects of the tool such as the PDF converter (PDF to Word). This is incredibly frustrating as I then need to go out and buy a service to do this for me as I regularly get in CVs that are written with PDF format. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend Microsoft Word as it's a great tool to use and is a great addition to any business mainly due to it's versatility, it's incorporation into the Microsoft Ecosystem but more importantly it's ease of use and time saving but also it's just a well built tool which doesn't compare to other tools out there that are similar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I normally receive a very high volume of CVs and having a tool which allows me to edit it, save it, convert it and share it all within one tool is massive time and effort saver.

I love the features such as being able to save the document as a PDF inside the tool itself and I especially love the fact that I can send the document in whatever format I would like to via email which makes sharing this document and other documents such an easy and simple process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Word is the best place to write documents for all usages ranging from writing school assignments to writing books, Word is the premium place for that, and especially for business usage, as it has a lot of useful tools that will save your time, such as Mailings tool, which will allow you to send documents to any E-Mail you like, the ability to translate words directly from word.

You can add charts, shapes, clip arts, pictures, hyperlinks, cross references, and lots of other premium advantages that will ease up your writing process.

Word will help you be creative with your work, as you can easily edit everything within the page, or change your page layout and many other features that will distinguish your document, just be creative with it, and even if you don't have time for that, you can add a theme from the selected themes and templates Word provides for users.

You can add equations and Word will solve them for you in a second, which again will help you so much if you're working under a sharp deadline.

You get to organize your points and paragraphs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Microsoft word is a somehow expensive.

Sometimes when you add photos to your document, everything collapses and things start getting chaotic and so unorganized.

Sometimes when you're focusing on your work you forget to save, and if anything goes wrong, you will lose any unsaved work.

Re-adjusting somethings like photos or moving paragraphs might be so difficult as it will be inorganize the whole document. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you find it hard to use Word, I advise you to take courses and learn how to use it, as it has a lot of features that no other platform provides and definitely worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Microsoft Word has been the main platform I use for writing documents ever since I was a kid. It is easy to use and provides me with a lot of tools that always help me with making a great documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Software Development Engineer
What do you like best?

Microsoft Word is one of the tools that I like to use the most to make documents or reports on business-related topics, word makes writing reports easier and they look more professional and top quality Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that I really don't like is that Microsoft Word can sometimes get a bit tedious with its features like its equations that are a bit difficult to implement in the document without having a typo. Besides that sometimes I have problems with the dictionary of words I think they should improve it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Word is an incredible tool for work I fully recommend it, it is very easy to install and use. It also helps you to write reports without any spelling errors, it has a good design, allows you to do various types of customization and add any object in the file Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This document tool has benefited me a lot both at work and personally, making my documents and reports look more professional and of good quality. In addition, it contains a great variety of functions that have made my work much easier either with some equations and a good image for the report that I am writing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

cloudworker
What do you like best?

I can easily add visual effects to my text with ease and the integration of the software to my devices through sharing is amazing. I have used Microsoft word for the past 4 years and it has never disappointed me each day I accomplish more with the enhanced user experience.

With the availability of internet access, I can work from anywhere and save any files hence reduce the bulkiness of carrying harddisks everywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Microsoft word is quite expensive and sometimes you ask yourself if your data is highly secured? This is because it is highly prone to virus attacks. When handling large files sometimes it lugs so much and this annoys also the fact that if a new version has come out and you are still using the older one there are some features that will always pop up to alert you and this sometimes causes distraction . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are using any other application to write and edit your documents then you are missing a lot because Microsoft word will help you operate more efficiently Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Microsoft word allows me to work more efficiently and be more productive at the same time, each application has its own unique purpose with ease of creating documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

As an editor, my favorite feature is "Track Changes" so I can work with writers in the editing and revision process. I like that we can leave comments for each other, see changes we've each made, and choose to accept or decline the suggested changes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Every now and then, I have issues with formatting and indentation. Sometimes I just can't get a line of text to move further to the left without moving a whole section I don't need to move. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is software I need for work purposes and for personal purposes. I imagine this would apply to many people in their various roles. It's user-friendly and is something I use daily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It gives me a way as an editor to collaborate with the writers on my team. Especially while working remotely during the pandemic, I rely heavily on the feature that allows me to insert comments to writers so they can read my suggestions or questions. Since I can't just walk over to someone's desk right now to ask a question, I'm writing longer comments and expecting responses so we can produce the best possible story or report. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Engineer
What do you like best?

The word is really good for making your reports and it is integrated with latex and hence we can use the same syntax used in latex in word Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to align text and photos in our reports. It becomes a little tedious to align everything. Also some changes in the next pages might effect the earlier pages or vice versa Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is a lot of supporting documentation available for Microsoft word. A lot of people have been working and almost all doubts that we might have would be solved by people. I would suggest to try out different options in the word menu and try out everything by yourself Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am working on making various guides and reports for the work that I am doing. I have also created my thesis and college projects on word Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Intern
What do you like best?

In Microsoft Word I like the table of contents function, with it I can give a perfect organization to my reports, with this function I can define the structure of my report very well and achieve a faster reading Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that I do not like is that the dictionary that Microsoft Word has, it is not so comprehensive, it does not recognize many words of technical origin so it is necessary to carry out many revisions to verify that there are no spelling errors in the texts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I very often recommend the use of this program to different people, since it is widely known for the ease with which it can be used, in addition to the fact that it is possible to obtain very well prepared works with the use of this program Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have made very satisfactory progress in my career with the use of this program, my ability to write long, well-organized texts has grown and strengthened, which has led me to move up in my work environment and have the recognition that I have deserved Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that you have an unlimited number of choices when it comes to writing and formatting text, with a simple user interface.

Microsoft Word is a great software because I can write smoothly easily and normally. Most general papers and even many documents have the style that Microsoft word presents. There is a ton of backup functionality for formatting and the GUI interface for formatting is rather straightforward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you cannot customize every single thing, but in order to do that you might need to learn to use LaTex or something way more complicated that Microsoft Word. This is the best option out there for MOST people, except a select few who might be super into formatting their text VERY specifically such as people in advertising and such. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Word has a lot of editing features, and would be very useful if you were writing papers or using it for work at home. If you are in charge of purchasing for a business, or responsible for influencing purchasing, then yes it is worth the money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I just use MS word to create and share documents. I have found it really easy and time saving how this software has enabled me to do the same.

Word's big advantage is in compatibility. Due to its immense popularity, Word is the preferred choice for most schools, businesses and companies, forcing most users to either relent or to save files into an acceptable Word format before submitting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Word has improved a lot over the years, I remember using Word 2003 and it crashing every few hours, now I can save a file and it automatically syncs to OneDrive and check it on my Phone without any effort at all. I use it every day to give minutes on all the projects I manage with a template so that's a real time saver and as a plus, there is one of the few applications that engineers, project managers, and sales understand without any kind of explanation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is overused sometimes, it works for almost all situations but not all, the minutes are saved into word and then uploaded to SharePoint to have an archive but there are purely informative pages that need to be reviewed online and instead of a webpage it prompts a .docx download. Word is like a swiss knife and it works but it isn't the best solution all the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a must-have in every job, it doesn't matter if you are a programmer or you are in sales, you are going to use Word in some shape or form Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is my main work tool, my kids use it for homework, Word is in all aspects in my life that involve documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Fashion Blogger & Owner
What do you like best?

I like how I am able to do different and save writing projects I am working on. I am able to create important documents (i.e. Blog Posts, Cover Letters, Resumes, and etc.). It has helped me in my education and professional life. I am able to edit as I typed before I save or send out the final version. I like how I am to choose various types of fonts and more. I am loved how I am able to customize my experience, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It does freeze and crashes when I am in the middle of typing. Also, I am not a fan of constant updates & how you have to pay each month for the services now. Sometimes, you will lose the original version of your project if you don't save as you go. Lastly, the Auto Recovery version isn't always the latest version of the document you were working on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely other people to use Microsoft Word. If you need to do anything document related then Microsoft Word is the right way to go. It is pretty easy to use and you can create different documents. I would definitely try it out and see if you would like it. If you are were run into issues then the Help section is very helpful. It is pretty much a straight forward process using Microsoft Word. The only thing I would say is that you have to watch out for the different versions of Microsoft Word. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to create & save documents necessarily for running my business. It is also convenient when I need to make any edits and correct a document. I can stop my project and come back to where I left off. I can blog post one day and write a cover letter with the same program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Engineer
What do you like best?

Best things is despite being in the market for nearly 2 decades or more still there is competitor. It keeps on updating integrations tables, graphs, arts, graphics, pictures what not? all are available in one software. Supports all kinds of data inputs for mathematics science etc. Editing features, check & review. Its popularity is still keeps it the most accepted *.docx format threw-out the world. Doesn't matter that you need to design a cover page or complete your thesis MS Word has got your back all the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As the new versions it getting heavier to use, take lots of time to load. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Every day to day document creation & edition for any job needed to be done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

BUILD Program Manager
What do you like best?

It is a quick and easy application for writing groundbreaking paper letters. I use them practically daily for my private business. It is fantastic for making paper guides that you will need again and again. I use the Word to represent almost all headlines and watermarks for my business. The spell checker works well. It checks spelling and grammar and can also provide synonyms for various other words. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The most popular theme is when the inclusion of images replaces the content. It can be fixed quickly by rearranging the picture - it is much less complicated than you might think! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It happens only once in a lifetime! You can generate memories, photos, pictures, everything you like! I suppose I can hardly create tables and charts in Excel, I was wrong! This particular language can do anything! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Headers and footers would be a lifesaver for me personally, as would automate page numbering. I spread many memories that create information for everyone. I don't need to create a template; I type in the written word exactly where I have to sign it immediately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have used Microsoft Word for years and have loved it, but I now have a terrible glitch that is making it impossible for me to complete an important document, and Microsoft offers zero support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Do you people realize that it is impossible to get phone support for issues with Word? I have a bullets and numbering glitch that has stumped two Geek Squad agents, and there is no way to reach anyone at Microsoft. I have more than a year's work tied up in this document and cannot complete it because no one at Microsoft is available. I tried Microsoft's "hot line # and was asked to type in a code for the person I wanted. Of course I had no code and was cut off! I'm currently looking for a different word-processing app. Any suggestions? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Word is a great product when it works. When it doesn't there is no support, and massive amounts of work can be lost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have a very serious Word problem, and cannot reach anyone for help!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr. IT Recruiter