Microsoft Publisher Reviews & Product Details

Human Resources Manager
What do you like best?

I like the great variety of formats that this program offers, this allows me to speed up the creation of different projects. I really like the color palettes that are available, they are very well balanced and generally very harmonious, it gives a very professional touch to the work I do Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Something that I currently do not like about the program is that sometimes it has been difficult for me to print my projects, to fit everything perfectly on the printing sheet. Also, I don't like how up-to-date some images that are part of the program are, it is necessary to give them a more current touch Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This program is widely recognized and used by large companies, so I think it is necessary for many people to learn how to use it since very good results can be obtained in a short time, it is also very easy to use and handle Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Thanks to Microsoft Publisher, I have had an increase in my performance, which has led me to have better done, very positive, and widely approved jobs. Professionally it has given me the opportunity to grow and create each time in a relatively short period of time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Microsoft Publisher Overview

What is Microsoft Publisher?

Microsoft Publisher is an entry-level desktop publishing solution.

Microsoft Publisher Details

Microsoft Publisher is an entry-level desktop publishing solution.

Microsoft
@Microsoft
9,300,495 Twitter followers
193,766 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software products and services; and designs and sells hardware worldwide. Flagship products include Windows, Office, Azure, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Dynamics ERP and CRM, as well as Xbox; Skype; and Windows Phone.

Answer a few questions to help the Microsoft Publisher community
Have you used Microsoft Publisher before?

Microsoft Publisher Reviews

Showing 866 Microsoft Publisher reviews
Already have Microsoft Publisher?
Network Engineer
What do you like best?

I used to use this a lot for our office nights, my first step was to select a template, add some text, and print it on the billboard on our office where we set our announcements, it catches the eye, it is like the intermediate step between work and a meme, serious enough that you can use it on an office setting without hesitating and casual enough that you won't feel bored by the mere sight of it. As of right now and until Covid ends we still use it to send an email with the invitation for virtual drinks night every 14 days, it is obviously not the same, but the current world affairs are not the fault of the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The biggest downside is the lack of MacOSX support, it is a good program but if I didn't need to run other software on a VM anyway I probably just find another program to use, it is good but not that great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are a lot of templates online, no need to use only the ones in Publisher. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used to create postcards, now I email the postcards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

A message delivered with an image or unexpected format get's read far more often than a plain one and that is the use I give publisher to highlight important areas that could get overlooked in any other format without going too far as using a meme image, I like to tell my coworkers that using Publisher is like using business memes, it's not funny but memorable and it fulfills a purpose. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm really near to the refresh date of my laptop I'm changing machines soon and I'm considering switching to a MacBook and it makes me pretty unhappy to know that is only available in Windows, Publisher is great but not that great so I guess I'll stop being a frequent user after my computer refresh and need to find a replacement, it is a nice to have and I really like it, but it isn't a necessity, Microsoft could port it easily to MacOSX and make a lot of people happy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are spending more than 5 minutes to create a message you are probably doing it wrong, it's a tool for quick small messages that need to highlight something. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating short messages for important topics and send them to my team so we Deliver the messages we need in front of customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Microsoft Publisher
Marketing Intern
What do you like best?

For my Publisher it has been a great way to make different designs quickly, I really like the ease with which you can use all the tools that the program offers, thanks to all these tools I can give my designs all the conditions required by the customer in a proper way Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like much the little presence it has been having, I think it is an important program and requires that it be shown more, that the potential it has to be seen in a better way, to show people that it is a great program and that It is very easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This program is a great complement to any system, I think it is very necessary in each computer, I think that more people should take it into account to carry out their work, that is why I recommend it to anyone who needs a program with the characteristics of Publisher and everything the potential it has Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Publisher I have been able to fill designs with a high quality, it is easy to express my ideas with the tools offered by this program, with which I have been able to attract a greater number of clients, with which my company has grown in a way more satisfactory, as well as my confidence and motivation to carry out bigger and more elaborate jobs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Agent Concierge/Technology Coordinator
Real Estate
What do you like best?

I like how flexible the program is. Word or Powerpoint can accomplish a lot of what Publisher can do, but not as easily and those other programs enforce formatting that is hard to work around. Publisher is much more open while giving you the tools to set formatting options on the fly. I utilize publisher to create flyers, brochures, graphics for Social Media, backgrounds for zoom, business cards, and some legal documents to name a few. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Publisher lacks some features that other online content creator solutions have. Publisher also has an outdated UI, the tools are there but you may have to do some digging or googling to find what you are looking for in those settings or menus within menus. Also, the cost is a huge hurdle that is extremely hard to justify, particularly when there are other solutions for no money. If you use Publisher very frequently though, it can offer some advantages with built in tools and features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Publisher give you easy access to a powerful document or graphic creator. It is very flexible and able to handle many different types of jobs or applications. The main benefit I see from publisher is the open format, Word is the closest comparison with Microsoft programs and I find word to be extremely hard to use for much of what I do. Publisher allows me to place images and text where I want without having to align them to an arbitrary border. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What's not to like? It is the original. I won't spend much time on the basics. It is Microsoft's publishing tool. Create layouts of various sizes, layering backgrounds, images, text, and even links and macros if you want. What i will go over in more detail is what is new in the 365 version I use. I appreciate some of the image tools that are expanded here. I can bring in an image for the background and set the opacity in case it is too dark or my text is getting lost. that is a big one for me. i used to have to do that in a separate photo editor. being able to choose the transparent color for an image or logo that didn't quite format correctly has been a godsend. There's been a few times someone sent me there logo, but it's on a solid white square instead of clear. This is no substitute for photoshop or similar, but it will do in a pinch. also, the latest version comes with more and updated blank sizes. they are no longer based solely on physical media page sizes. they have blanks and templates for online ads, banners, social media posts. This has been helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

First, there is one issue we have. for very large publications, like posters. you cannot export. Publisher errors out saying you di not have enough memory, even if you have a ton. this is a problem Microsoft has yet to fix.

Second, The cost. I really dislike Microsoft's entire shift to the SaaS monetization scheme. A decade ago we bought Office 2010, and it was expensive, but worth it. we got about 9 years out of it without increasing our TCO on the software. by the time 9 years goes by now, we will have paid for this program three times over. Also good luck finding correct licensing info on Microsoft's site. nothing is simple. You need a certification class from Microsoft to get their licensing, literally it's a class. To be clear, the product is good, the company isn't Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When deciding on Publisher i would strongly recommend looking at some of it's lesser priced competitors that are one-time purchases, like Affinity Publisher. They do less, but if they will do enough, you will save so much money. Publisher is a good, high-end product, but i would not exactly call it value for money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is a product i use in many capacities. I use it for digital signage, for online ads, in my off time for flyers and brochures for a couple organizations i do work for. I've used it internally for workplace posters or e-blasts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's one of the few spots where my job and hobbies intersect. I love to create and send memes and spend some hours per week on reddit so when a fundraiser or charitable campaign is going to be shared accross my org I create a quick publisher document with memes when the occasion arises and with a standard template when it's on the serious side. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sorry Mac friends, no Publisher for you, maybe someday it will be on your OS too but I would not count on it, seriously though it's a great program but a Mac version is needed, when you pay for office you don't get Publisher on MacOSX. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sometimes a really good message is one with a few words and one or two images don't overcomplicate it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I mostly create quick messages to raise awareness of a fundraiser that is happening so more people join in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Manager
What do you like best?

Publisher is my great ally, I really like this program for its great variety of tools, which allow me to make different designs in a very comfortable way, the color palettes that are included are very varied, they help me a lot to adjust properly to the demands of my clients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

On certain occasions, the result obtained may be a bit simple, so it is not so attractive for certain clients, it is sometimes a bit difficult to carry out certain ideas, it needs a redesign of its functions in order to achieve a little more results professional and eye-catching and also allow the development of the user's creativity Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very good tool, interesting and varied designs can be made, in my opinion it is necessary to carry out a previous study of this program to be able to develop ideas to the maximum, as well as it is necessary to have prior knowledge of design and photography to obtain more results successful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Publisher has given me that impulse to capture a large number of ideas for a long time, using this program I have had quite acceptable results, which has resulted in an increase in my creative capacity and my business has attracted more clients with needs of design. Thanks to this program I have grown in many ways, and I have obtained a lot of satisfaction creating designs with it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Furniture Sales
What do you like best?

I love the Intuitive Microsoft UI and versatility of the app. I use it for making simple presentations or product options for clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can’t think of anything I dislike. I use Canva to make custom dimensioned images that I can fit into publisher. Maybe a feature like that could be useful inside of publisher. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Publisher is an affordable alternative to expensive applications like Adobe or Canva. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use publisher for making quick and professional presentations for clients with logo and business information. Easy to edit / remake on the fly if there are change request from clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR Director, NA AMZL
What do you like best?

What I like about using Microsoft Publisher is that it provides a wide variety of templates designed with the best image being the most attractive, which are ideal for preparing work invitations to provide confidence and quality, it also has options to place fonts such as also the same size to enter the possible content, without a doubt it is of quality to make my personalized cards or the best brochures Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is simply a program that meets all my expectations and I have nothing negative to add for what I consider to be a good program Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendation is that you can use default templates that have an innovative design to have the best look for brochures and invitation letters Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With the use of this program I have had great positive results for the company in which I work because I have designed brochures to improve the image and expand the services offered with the best quality, providing the maximum service to all users Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's really easy and quick to use. I use it all the time to send small birthday reminders to all engineers in my team and event invitations. They know that it takes only one minute to create the postcard but what's important is that I took the time to make them feel appreciated with more than plain text. Giving Back to our community is big in our company so whenever we have an invitation that isn't forwarded from upper management I create a quick 3 minute card with publisher to share with my team Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm a Windows user and don't plan to change that in the short run, but my daughter is a Mac fan and Publisher isn't available in MacOSX, is a nice program that should be available, is not too complex and really like a casual PowerPoint, so there isn't a technical reason why it isn't available in Mac. I hope is available in MacOSX soon Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Remember to keep it casual, if you are spending more than 5 minutes in the program to create something that isn't a template you are doing it wrong. The whole point of publisher is to save time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating quick postcards to share with my team, friends and family Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's the best tool I have found so far for those little details that define a customer relationship. Sending a personalized postcard on a customer birthday with a few candles and the occasional targeted discount or newsletter created really quick means a lot when dealing with a contract extension or an addon, those little details mean that when any of my customers need something they will come to me and not just my company.

After a busy day, it's kind of hard thinking in new ideas or any kind of idea after all, so I can just get a template, add a few words and a minute later mail it to my customer to keep the warm feeling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's great software but why not a Mac version? I'm almost due to a computer refresh and I'm considering picking a MacBook this time and it's saddening that I'll need to find other software if I go that route. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a lot like PowerPoint but faster and with a lot of templates but less configurable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating birthday cards and newsletters really quickly and they look really good Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Fashion Blogger & Owner
What do you like best?

I love how I am able to make projects such as business cards, greeting cards and etc. It is so easy to use and I am able to customize my projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the templates are a little limited and you have to download some of the templates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is easy to use and has a variety of projects that you can make. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to make address labels without having to purchase them at a store or online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales and Marketing
What do you like best?

It allows for you to transfer photos and very easily walk them inside the booklet. I also love the reality that it helps you to format text with other texts or maybe pictures to confirm good alignment. I also love the various templates provided by the publisher, which aren't presented in Word or PowerPoint. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I could not find some convention that I did not like. Navigation was simple, but below are a number of components. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Microsoft Publisher enables me to develop the own marketing tools of mine, like brochures, flyers and announcements. I recently found that a publisher provides various page sizes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Take this chance to discover exactly about the publishing house. Play with it and learn exactly how it operates and just how it works. I suggest watching video clips on YouTube about the way some items are created in Taking notes and microsoft Publisher. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Computer Science Teacher
What do you like best?

I love that I can create newsletters and brochures in Publisher. It is extremely user friendly and simple to learn and navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes about Publisher at this time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great money saver if you outsource work. It can all be done in house. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I create newsletters and brochures for the Alumni and Development office at my school. This saves them money for not having to outsource work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

People do get bored to see the same media, again and again, Publisher has thousands of templates that can be downloaded with one click from inside the program, it just makes my job a lot easier when a new internal event needs to be communicated without a lot of effort and most important without looking dull or repetitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the sales guys like my presentations and ask me to send the template to them to use it with a potential customer, they do get a little annoyed when they can't open the .pub file since it's not available on Mac. It's easy to convert to other formats like docx or pdf but still, it would be nice to have a Publisher for Mac, almost every other Office application is available for MacOSX Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you already have office and need to creat any quick bulletin or event this is the easiest software(that I know) and it's already included on the Office License Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating flyers and bulletins for quick emails and events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is so easy to design literally anything you can possibly imagine! Posters, business cards, papers, books, etc. It is very user friendly and functions like Word or Powerpoint. Very small learning curve making it good for almost anyone who wants to use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind when I think about what I don't like about Publisher. The closest thing I can find to a complaint is that there isn't a working version for Mac users (it is PC only). Major bummer since PowerPoint is limited in functionality compared to that of Publisher. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time to mess around with it. The more you discover the better your creations will be; because you know all the functions so you can use them to your benefit! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finishing print jobs at work with a breeze, making posters for school, business card formatting. Honestly anything you want to make you can with Publisher; it is only a limited as the users imagination. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Procurement Manager Products&Services (Spain)
What do you like best?

It can make it easy to publish photos and transport them to a file. I ofcourse adore the ability to arrange the content so that many other text and pictures are centered or put in order. I also love the assortment of templates offered by the publisher which aren't available in Word or PPT. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's just therefore much you are able to do with the pictures you utilize in the task of yours, so it will be great to make use of a sharper and a lot more effective tool to alter the pictures. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As soon as you begin working with publishers, do not give up. Sometimes it is difficult to find it all out in the beginning so there is avariety of movies which educate you on taking hundred % out of it! Therefore, try out this, you've absolutely nothing to lose! You simply have to be great with your own personal things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With the help of Publisher we also create business cards, publications and brochures or flyers. I that way you can find no restrictions on the margins of the paper. I love to have the ability to develop a site the way I would like it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UG
What do you like best?

Publisher is pretty easy to use if you are a MS user. Many of the tools function like MS wORD. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the photo used when converting to Adobe Acrobat pdf loose picture quality. But overall easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Publishing in house. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.