Microsoft OneDrive for Business Reviews & Product Details

Microsoft OneDrive for Business Overview

What is Microsoft OneDrive for Business?

Microsoft OneDrive for Business lets you securely store, access, share, and collaborate on all your files from anywhere. -Access your files anywhere across all your devices -Store and organize your work documents in a secure location in the cloud.​ -Share documents with others and work together in real time. -Get 1 TB of storage per user and upload files up to 250GB in size. ​ -Synchronize documents stored in the cloud to your computer or mobile device so that you can access your documents offline. Back up and protect your files so you can easily recover from accidental deletes or malicious attacks.

Microsoft OneDrive for Business Details

With Microsoft OneDrive you can store any file on your SkyDrive and it's automatically available from your phone and computers. No syncing or cables needed.

Microsoft
@Microsoft
9,286,383 Twitter followers
193,766 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software products and services; and designs and sells hardware worldwide. Flagship products include Windows, Office, Azure, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Dynamics ERP and CRM, as well as Xbox; Skype; and Windows Phone.

Microsoft OneDrive for Business Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Microsoft OneDrive for Business community
Have you used Microsoft OneDrive for Business before?

Microsoft OneDrive for Business Reviews

Showing 2,413 Microsoft OneDrive reviews
Showing 2,413 reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have Microsoft OneDrive for Business?
Aux it
Open Discussions in Microsoft OneDrive for Business
( Microfocus ) Service desk Lead / Desktop support Engineer L2
What do you like best?

> One drive shows the status of the file ( green tick - file uploded , blue () sync icon file is uploading or synchronizing , Red cross - there is an issue during synchronization , no status then file not monitored by onedrive.

> Since it belongs to O365 easy to access all files in cloud without VPN

> One drive for business repair tool available

> easy to install and setup , user friendly ( no need to contact IT support )

> will run in background and won't eat much Ram or processor Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

> Only the onedrive folder is getting synchronized , unable to add multiple folders or entire computer to sync data

> sometimes files won't get synchronized with server when using multiple devices and trying to edit same file locally

> file extension like .exe , .pst ( outlook data files ) , are not getting synchronized, it gives error file type not supported. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best business backup app highly recommended for business. but if you have finance data its better to keep one local file share or server Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

when files are not getting synchronized it is easy to repair onedrive , right click onedrive on system try will fix the issue or we can remove the account and re-configure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Subject Matter Expert
What do you like best?

The best thing about Microsoft OneDrive for Business is that you can upload any file you want, no matter if it is an image, a document, a video or an audio file. You can access your files from anywhere, just login to portal.office.com and access onedrive from there or install the onedrive app and use it in your Windows or Mac device. Files uploaded would never expire and the download speeds are also very good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike but yes, it could be better if the pricing would be a little less because other competitors such as Google Drive and Dropbox are available at fair price with all the features OneDrive offers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Anyone who is using Microsoft OneDrive for business can trust the software. Why, because it is a Microsoft product and when Microsoft is there, you do not have to worry about the security of your files. The second thing is, the you can use the service anywhere, I mean, in your phone or in your computer. For multi device syncing, you can install the OneDrive app in all your devices and can sign in using your same Microsoft account and that's it, all your files will sync among all your PCs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Microsoft OneDrive for business, I share my files with my colleagues. We have created a collaboration platform using OneDrive where we can share our files, specially documents and my colleagues can edit the files and make modifications as per the requirements. And yes, we use it to listen and share our favorite music as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Journalist, Copywriter, Content Writer and PR Manager
What do you like best?

In addition to providing storage space, OneDrive can also be a simple regulator for your work. You can put notes in it and edit texts and images with a pen. Backing up documents and images related to the Windows operating system is its best use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It has limited storage space in the free version. Only 5 GB. In the Windows version, it is a bit slow, and in the mobile version, although new features have been added to it in new updates (including a dark theme), it is still complex. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you use the Windows operating system more than other operating systems, I recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I work with OneDrive very easily in Windows. Its integration with Microsoft Office tools is really attractive. It is great to have the necessary documents on a secure and Windows-based cloud. Of course, I also use Google Drive, and the differences and similarities between the Google and Microsoft ecosystems are interesting to me. Each has its own characteristics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Onedrive helps us to store all our data and files on the cloud and we don't have to worry about our data getting lost in case our system crashes. Our devices are setup to sync the data automatically on onedrive so you don't even have to worry about syncing it manually. It is easy to share files with colleagues and you can even share the entire folder in one go. You can access the drive remotely which has been very helpful during the pandemic as some of our co-workers had desktops and couldn't go to office because of offices being shut without notice so this helped them work from home without missing out on anything as all their data was made easily accessible online on their personal devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The syncing takes a lot of time but it depends on your file size and your internet connection as well. Support is not always available and it takes a while to get response to queries, I suspect most of those resolutions are automated responses or bots replying to queries. Mobile application can be improved as the UI is a bit difficult for use in small devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good for keeping your files safe Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefit we have realised is that we do not have to worry about losing our data or our data being corrupted in case our device gets damaged or lost. Another benefit is that we can access our files on multiple devices such as phone, office laptop, personal laptop, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use. It integrates flawlessly with Windows 10, no wonder since it's also a Microsoft product, and is very easy to use. I love the options to keep files local only, keep them local and on cloud and just keep them on the cloud. Also the ability to create a shareable link to anything in OneDrive right from your local system is fantastic! All the options it gives are great too. Being able to set time limits for access, or read/write privilege is great too! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It seems to try and be a backup solution to some degree. I've had OneDrive bork MORE THAN ONE systems User files (Document, Pictures etc.) because OneDrive freaked out or disconnected or something and it deleted all of the local user documents as well. I think OneDrive might redirect "C:\Users\Username\Documents" to something like "C:\Users\Uername\OneDrive\Documents" which when OneDrive is removed also removes everything people thought they put into their local documents folder. Sure, you can try to sign in online and get your stuff back from OneDrive but what if the account was removed accidentally and the user doesn't know what the password or username is? Sounds ridiculous I know but I've seen it.

So basically OneDrive could backup users data but it needs to do it differently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a cloud storage and file sharing option this is the best choice. If you need cloud storage for a backup option look elsewhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We regularly need to share project files and documents and access them at remote locations. The ability to quickly create a link to let someone else download a file is fantastic. Also, having the files in the cloud is a big help! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solution Specialist
What do you like best?

Since most of the corporates prefer Outlook email over competitors - the biggest advantage of Microsoft drive comes with how good you can link all your office documents, files etc across all the communication tools. Be it email, or video call or internal chat(Microsoft Teams), you can easily move everything easily. You want to share file from Outlook to Drive, you got it; you want to see what files are required for next meeting it will already have it highlighted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With great inter-connection comes heavy lifting at the back-end of their server, so many a times you will feel the system lacks the speed that you're used to if many of the Microsoft tools are linked and opened in one go. So smoothness is something which you'll feel missing while operating the Drive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While there are multiple such tools offered in the market, this one stands above all as most of the corporate has Microsoft based email, communication platform, work from home based tools and in those cases it's a great tool to be inter-linked with all you applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Linking intra-team documents at one place and as required can easily be shared with other members of the team without having to search in your computer or email rejecting bigger files to be attached and shared this comes very handy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

A good resource that allows employees to store their files safely and securely. You can upload nearly anything from MP4 files to word documents and plenty more. The upload process and ease of access is fairly good. Search feature allows you to really easy find files if you are a bit less organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can become very easily cluttered and it is not very straightforward the best way to organize and nest documents to be able to see it easily in a bird's eye view. It sometimes requires you to spend some time to know where you are in Business 365. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A good online resource that ties together nicely with other Microsoft products, not as user friendly or intuitive as Google Drive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having a centralized location to store files for our company. The benefits of having this kind of repository is that you can access and share files to clients and other internal employees. It is online so you don't have to worry about the risk of storing something locally onto your computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Full Stack Engineer
What do you like best?

I have been using one drive for past few years. Some of the things which I like are

1. If seamlessly backup the entire file system into the cloud, which enables us to share our files and folders with ease.

2. I also liked the fact that its safe and secure; we can provide permission and define who can access these shared files.

3. Since, the data is getting stored in microsoft cloud, its reliable and its available 24*7. We don't have to worry about safety of our critical data.

4. Its integration with microsoft apps like one note, teams, excel are amazing and they work behind the scenes really well.

5. It has rich clients for desktop - both mac and windows, web based super fast interface, and mobile apps for both ios and android.

It makes using and user can sync between multiple devices very easily. I often use one note with my laptop and mobile, and I really like how fast it syncs data between those 2 apps.

6. Single sign on is also great feature which makes this easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't come across anything which needs to be disliked, but it is build keeping microsoft application in mind, so it will sync data with only those apps. If we want to sync from any other app, then we need to save data in specific folders manually, and that will get synced over filesystem.

The problem here is that, he won't be available if we are using same app from different device.

Its also expensive from price point of view. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our requirement is that lot of word documents and excel files needs to be shared across team, this data should be only allowed to be used by other teams on need to know basis. We wanted to have a check, where we can easily specify read/write permissions and define user groups who can access these files. OneDrive solves all these problems effortlessly for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

captain
What do you like best?

good for saving things and being able to access from another device! sometimes I forget my laptop, but I can always log in on another device and still access my files, which is really nice! great for syncing to desktop and having all of your files available like they are on your own pc but they're stored on the cloud!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

sometimes doesn't back up all my files immediately. I tend to prefer to use google drive instead because of the web integration which is better and the faster sync times. the google products are better for working on the same doc at the same time because the updates are live. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

great for syncing to desktop, mediocre for sharing files. good for saving things and being able to access from another device! sometimes I forget my laptop, but I can always log in on another device and still access my files, which is really nice! great for syncing to desktop and having all of your files available like they are on your own pc but they're stored on the cloud!! it's comparable to google drive but much better sync to computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

working on collaborative projects with coworkers and have realized how much easier it is that sending word docs back and forth. I've written up documents and realized the benefit of having fully fleshed out software that is still collaborative is really helpful for larger products. I really appreciate the words Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Event Coordinator
What do you like best?

I liked how Microsoft Office 365, and Microsoft Teams are integrated into this software! The cloud storage and the file sharing capability was super helpful to our organization. (So much so that i didn't have to use my USB Flash drives.This software helped me to organize projects, files, folders, and and more. I appreciated the affordable cost of it as well. It is super inexpensive and very user friendly. I have been able to increase my productivity. I also liked that there is an offline version. Sometimes, i like to work away from our location and being able to work offline with my work is GREAT. This software is good for organizations of all sizes. One Drive is able to hold alot of data. I never have to stress about whether or not i have enough room for all of my files. It is easy to gain access to files on One Drive for Business, no matter the location or device. It works on MAC computers as well as PC's. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I noticed when uploading files, it seemed to freeze frequently . Moving one file to the next file is hard at times. The software tends to remain on one folder/file and has trouble transitioning to the next. I'm not sure if it's because of the auto-saving feature or something else. Customer support for this software is lacking. I had to go through reading documents online to find solutions to issues with the software. It would be more convenient if there was a chat for professionals who need help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendations to others considering Microsoft One Drive for Business is

to put this software on all of your devices : cell phones, laptops, tablets. I would also recommend utilizing this when sending projects to other co-workers in your organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our employees is more productive as a result of using this software. We have been able to collaborate. We have been able to maintain more storage space on our devices. It's nice to have our files stored on One Drive. One Drive also helps keep our files organized as well. The artificial intelligence provides organization to all of our projects that we upload. I have realized that the software does more than what i initially thought. It's almost been like a cloud plus a mini assistant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the shared onedrive where we can share data amongst collegaues in a easy way.

Also the amount of space in the cloud suits me as a user perfectly.

The computer sync works really well and the added services microsoft delivers are market leading as in outlook, excel powerpoint and so on Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the automativ sync . I cant seem to find a feature where i can exclude certain folder from uploading if i want to have one private folder on my computer

It was also impossible to save files from google directly to onedrive, took a few steps to convert it to microsoft document

I dont like the landing page online where i want to see all folders and business structure Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We share data and we save company data in the cloud. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Vice President
What do you like best?

OneDrive is a best platform for people using Microsoft Windows as an Operating System in their daily use of laptops or PCs or any other form of tablet or desktop or even Windows Mobile phones because it best enhances back up mechanism and very user friendly interface for regular use. Whereas Android or iOS are not that compatible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The OneDrive free backup storage version has too less space and doesn't compress files even when required to. Many user-friendly options are missing that could make it the best alternative of Google Drive on every platform which is currently missing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The only recommendation would be to make it more useful and user friendly rather than ambiguous and different versions in different platforms which makes difficult to switch easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's helping me connect with various different segmented files at one go at one touch of internet. The automatic backup has been a savior for me many times in my professional life. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to share documents within the organization globally. Can segregate files into multiple folders as well. Easy to navigate and direct within folders. Files are on a secure location on the internet and can be retreived easily. Easy to upload and download, and can be used for a large and huge volume of data as it is not restrictive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Continually requires an active internet connection. Sometimes the files do not auto upload to the drive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your work demands huge working files that constantly need to be updated and shared, recomend using OneDrive within the organization. The uploaded data can be shared as a link or an email as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Real-time update of documents over one drive by colleagues globally. Updated information access at all times. Helpful to conveniently pass on extremely large documents that cannot go through by mail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Microsoft OneDrive is highly incremental for small organization like us. It extends access to all type of devices and platforms and allows us to share & collaborate on business files with much ease & convenience. OneDrive works closely with MS Office applications that facilitates our file sharing mechanism & real time collaboration is made possible at all levels. For sharing & storing documents with my associates, I prefer integrating it with my email. It incorporates advanced security features & ensures maximum data protection. Icing on the cake is the 1 TB storage space that comes with the Microsoft OneDrive storage suite. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One thing that I somewhat dislike is the limited document size support in MS OneDrive. Every time, I have a file over 15 GB I have to compress it to lower resolution to upload & make it available for sharing. Another downside of MS OneDrive is that it cannot be accessed offline unless & until it is downloaded as an app by the user. Most of the time for offline work collaborations, we have to look for another file hosting service which is functional & accessible without internet connectivity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With MS OneDrive, file sharing seems sorted at our organization. We can easily drag & drop our documents, images, videos for upload and also access these files from any of the devices be it mobile or Windows PCs. Microsoft OneDrive offers powerful search features, files can be organized by type and are easily located as and when required. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The data is kept up on the one drive cloud which makes our servers work faster as they do not have to mass store anymore. Also you have the option to share files easily by clicking share, type in the name of the person you would like to share that with and a message if you want to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I believe that having the advantage of multiple people working on the same file also has disadvantages such as the operations on the file can be slow. The changes sometimes are not saved and the spreadsheets crash and close down. Plus I have to sign in several times a day... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think having onedrive for business is better than using servers... due to all of the above Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

People do not have to wait to complete their part of the task if its on the same file as they can work simultaneously. The data is safely stored on onedrive not our servers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.