Microsoft OneDrive for Business Reviews & Product Details

Microsoft OneDrive for Business Overview

What is Microsoft OneDrive for Business?

Microsoft OneDrive for Business lets you securely store, access, share, and collaborate on all your files from anywhere. -Access your files anywhere across all your devices -Store and organize your work documents in a secure location in the cloud.​ -Share documents with others and work together in real time. -Get 1 TB of storage per user and upload files up to 250GB in size. ​ -Synchronize documents stored in the cloud to your computer or mobile device so that you can access your documents offline. Back up and protect your files so you can easily recover from accidental deletes or malicious attacks.

Microsoft OneDrive for Business Details

With Microsoft OneDrive you can store any file on your SkyDrive and it's automatically available from your phone and computers. No syncing or cables needed.

Microsoft
@Microsoft
9,286,383 Twitter followers
193,766 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software products and services; and designs and sells hardware worldwide. Flagship products include Windows, Office, Azure, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Dynamics ERP and CRM, as well as Xbox; Skype; and Windows Phone.

Microsoft OneDrive for Business Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Microsoft OneDrive for Business community
Have you used Microsoft OneDrive for Business before?

Microsoft OneDrive for Business Reviews

Showing 658 Microsoft OneDrive reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have Microsoft OneDrive for Business?
Head of Programmes
What do you like best?

The storage is generous for OneDrive for business (as well as the free version), compared to competitors such as Dropbox. The interface is ok and it connects well with my Finder app on MacBook Pro. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Mainly the interface lets it down. I find it limited, clunky, outdated, pretty much like the whole 365 ecosystem!! It is not pleasing on the eye, nor intuitive to use. I get lost in the various multiple logins to access the 365 package and OneDrive vs SharePoint has always been confusing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it as an easy integrated single system if you are already paying for Microsoft accounts and the Teams/365 package. That just makes sense. But be warned, it is not as good as competitors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use OneDrive for Business for a shared file repository. This is a cloud storage facility for documents pertaining to internal teams as well as numerous external parties. It is a great way to keep everything accessible, especially as most of our contacts already use the Microsoft system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

The best think i liked about is that we get 1TB of cloud space each in the business plan which is far better priced than competitors and the fact that it has a great desktop application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The worst experience i had with the same software, when you are setting up your library folders for backup, one drive will rename your files without confirmation and change the address of files, which can disrupt all softwares and especially effect people working with repositories. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If the backup feature for library folders can be resolved it can become the most business friendly software. I have already written mails for this though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main issue i faced is for the need for constant backup needed so we don't lose even a single days work and the solution for this can only be Microsoft one drive, the reason is most of us use Windows as OS and both being from Microsoft, one drives is able to provide a lot many features which we miss out in dropbox or google drive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Microsoft OneDrive for Business
Construction Administrator
What do you like best?

I like the collaboration of documents, with a server or without and the ability to work collaboratively or the ability to work on a personal level. I like that you can choose what files you want to share with others so you can keep personal files private. I don't want others seeing things I didn't want to share with them so it is really important that Microsoft one drive has this feature for people like myself. You can use it with software such as Microsoft suite( Microsoft Word, Microsoft excel, Microsoft project, Microsoft PowerPoint) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't really find it user friendly. It seems to lack that feature. It seems really complicated to use which i just don't have time to learn. I think if it was more user friendly my current employer would use it as they are not technically savvy and they find it hard to use. Its also hard if your running different versions of software because changes can reflect differently like different fonts formatting and things like that. I like all my documents to be perfectly formatted and sometimes when formats change it can be a very large waste of my time to spend it fixing formats and fonts so I would suggest that they remove that feature from editing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a good collaborative software and allows you to make changes at home and choose who you share the files with so that they do not fall into the wrong hands. In the times of covid 19 where we do alot of working from home its important that we use a good collaborative software and Microsoft one drive for business does just that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I realized I can make changes at home to a file for work and when I log in at work it is already showing that. In these current times we need to be able to share files locally or over the cloud. I can see the most recent changes made and what it looked like before. I also like that I can actually choose who to share the files with it feels a bit more private. And you know who is accessing your files. You can also revoke access for employees that are no longer working with your company so your business documents remain private. With covid-19 staffing situations are constantly changing and we need to be able to remove employees access quickly and efficiently before important information gets either in the wrong hands or Lost. Lost time in business is the number one expense we face right now and I felt like Microsoft one drive from business helps us waste much less time on document collaboration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Microsoft OneDrive for Business is very secured software to work with company related documents. It supports single sign-on feature. Microsoft has developed this software in a sophisticated manner. Users can save attachments that came from mail or documents received through Microsoft Teams into OneDrive. Later they can edit them only if they have the permission. Later users can attach them directly into Outlook and send them through email. Users can sync their files in OneDrive on regular basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the security measures does not allow users to save the files onto their local machine. This creates troublesome environment. Also versioning of files might not be possible. Users really face litmus test, when working with Outlook web mail client. Even after saving files into OneDrive, it might not show that the files are not saved. It will be better to segregate files based on their file types. After opening the file, accidentally if user presses any key, file will get saved with the respective user name. It might be better to prompt the user to save the file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I will definitely recommend Microsoft OneDrive for Business to others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Microsoft OneDrive for Business allows software developers to work with their teams with utmost security. Confidential information will not be disclosed to outsiders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy implementation into all Microsoft software and services. It grants access from every supported device from everywhere all over the world. you can also share filey easily with people, who are not part of your company, for examples your customers. you can send them files using mails or distributing links for download. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

sometimes problems to synchronize data from HDD to cloud service. In case of error messages, you need to shut down One Drive and to run the whole software again.Sometimes the official Microsoft support team needs very long time to answer support tickets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Update your software regulary for new features. Use OneDrive on every device, for exapmple Android and Apple iPhones. Just download the app and connect you account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

all data stored at one place. also good to work from home Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is integrated with Microsoft office applications and you can keep all your files on the drive. It can also be integrated with your emails and you can share files through drive if they are not shareable through emails. it offers a great amount of storage and you get 15gb for free which is better than most its competitors. It's easy to sync with your local computer using a sync app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You need to pay for extra storage which gets quite costly for small companies if you need extra storage. Most of clients prefer to use Google Drive as it is free and they do not need a paid account to have a shared cloud drive. It does not enable third party integration as compared to OneDrive for personal use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are not solving any problems with OneDrive Business. We chose to use it as we already had Office 365 suite and we only needed to add one more product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Integration with Office is great (if you want to save your documents to OneDrive). Automated backup of user profile is nice (if you have the storage and web connection to upload it). OneDrive is compatible on every device that I own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They really need to find a better way to integrate the Personal vs Sharepoint OneDrive accounts. Calling everything "Documents" is a terrible decision and leads my customers to confusion and then they would rather use the DB word or one of our NAS solutions which is far more user friendly. I HATE the way Office automatically sets up your account for use with OneDrive storage. I never want my documents saved in OneDrive, directly. If I'm offline, I have to keep the files synced to my computer. OneDrive also has so many Mac bugs that I can't recommend Apple users use OneDrive over other cloud solutions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Remember that this is an included service with 365 Business accounts. For people who are cloud/remote-based, it's a great solution for the average user. I find myself having problems with it as an advanced user/integrator, but the end-users have learned to love it, especially when paired with Teams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OneDrive is the horse pulling the SharePoint carriage and that is something invaluable to our clients who are doing collaboration over distance. The ability to use OneDrive on a local PC to allow multi-client editing of a SharePoint document makes their lives so much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how it is available already in windows microsoft suite programs. It does make it easier to share files and collaborate. There's cloud storage options as well and basically can act as a network drive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would argue that it is not as fast as a network drive and the folder structure for it is different. I definitely prefer to have a network drive rather than a "onedrive" Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend using it if it is the company's main way of file sharing and storage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main problem i'm solving is not using any local memory for my file storage. The other benefit is sharing files with other colleages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I like how it’s very easy to upload files and folders to Microsoft drive and how the cloud is accessible on any device as long as you have a wifi connection. It’s a very versatile tool for people that want to work from the office and transition to work from home. It’s also very easy to organize your files within the drive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t think it’s very appealing to people of the older aged demographic (around 50+ years old). It’s also a little difficult to share files externally to users from other companies that do not use this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great tool to use to boost employee morale and to tackle issues more efficiently internal between different derpartments within the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cross-functional capabilities between departments are easy to make. Collaboration is a lot easier intercompany wise. Information then gets to everyone quickly and more efficiently which leads to problems getting tackled faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Consultant
What do you like best?

Desktop Integration Folder functionality is the best for my use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

After the desktop folde is integrated, there is likelyhood that the folder contents are deleted accidently. There sholuld be a way to metigate this risk by introducing a second layer of confirmation before we delete the contents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy integration between peers for document sharing, updating, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IC
What do you like best?

I like that I'm not stuck with using 1 computer. I can log on from anywhere to access my work and continue. There's a lot of storage space. OneDrive is very safe and I feel safe sending PII, data, and important information to my colleagues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes my work does not save in OneDrive when I'm typing in my notes. That's the frustrating part. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you check that your notes have been saved before closing the browser/tab Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OneDrive has helped me work virutally. I'm able to share documents and have other members work in them simultaneously. They will always have the most up to date version and I don't have to keep sending them spreadsheets and powerpoint files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Research Assistant
What do you like best?

They have improved their service in recent years. I like their drive to improve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Synchronization in multiple devices is poor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Apart from the synchronization issue, Microsoft OneDrive for Business is a good cloud storage provider. In the future, they will improve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am storing data regarding my research and education. I can access my files from multiple devices. This saves time and increases efficiency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It allows for collaboration and is a secure service for companies to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It seems to have bugs and glitches almost daily, and the formatting gets thrown off when shifting from OneDrive to using documents on the computer desktop itself. It's also more costly than it's competitors for less in my mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems Solving: collaboration, document accessibility, functionality, speed of finding documents, organization

Benefits: Less time finding documents, easier to duplicate documents for quick needs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best part about using Onedrive, is that you can share documents with the entire company, or with specific teams. It is simple to use, looks very similar to the entire Office 365 package. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Anyone who is used to using Google Drive, will feel a lot of difference in migrating to OneDrive. Despite being simple to use, the usability is not so cool. Some accesses are strange - shared folders need different permissions for users to be able to use them. Some simple "drag and drop" commands need to be selected first (example: dragging a document into another).

Document permissions cannot be changed easily either - I shared the edit with a group of people, and I wanted to get permission from those people, but it was not possible, unless they stopped accessing the link sent.

These details cause a lot of discomfort. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you choose to use the full Office 365 package, OneDrive is a solution that can be adherent to your reality.

More important than using OneDrive, it is having an organization that is effective - actually managing the company's knowledge, within the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest pain remedied with OneDrive is knowledge management. Within a large company, like the one I work in, it is very easy to have lost and disorganized documents. So, using OneDrive for this management helps a lot. In addition, we have specific working groups (example: Marketing, Product etc), with documents from the areas. This makes it much easier when we need something from another area. It is not necessary to contact a colleague to obtain a public file.

But, many people in the organization do not use OneDrive in an organized way. Many documents are tied to personal users, and are not placed in folders. This is still a problem to be solved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Localization Program Manager
What do you like best?

It's synching automatically with your local folders, you can open/edit the documents without checking them out which is very convenient, and you can create whatever folder structure you want, like in your usual Windows folders, while having all your materials available on the cloud. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are better and more complete solutions out there on the market, that offer additional value apart from just synching your files with the cloud. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cloud storage, accessibility from anywhere. Migration from local storage, better data protection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
What do you like best?

A generous amount of storage space included and a reasonably easy interface to work with and access files. Integration with office products is good especially across devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not reliable and frequently gets stuck mid upload. A bit buggy. Not as good as OneDrive which I find much better which is odd since I think they are both owned by Microsoft. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Backup of information.

Backup of images.

Integration by syncing across devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the ability to have the same work information on my work computer and laptop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Trying to figure out what is going to be saved to my onedrive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving problems on having the same information if I am working at the office or remotely. The same problems being solved are the benefits as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The autosaving feature of progress while working on documents that saves me from losing work when not managing files in the cloud. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Running microsoft on a macbook (corporate lap top) causes a lot of problems. Things that should be easy become very hard (e.g. Excel -- oof!) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't smash PC software into Macs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not losing my work when I accidentally close or take some action that occassionally causes hours of my work to be lost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The onedrive can automatically store the files on the go and we can filter the files even in the webpanel Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The desktop integration of onedrive is perfect however its lacking the sync functionality in mobile phones which are having android and ios technology mostly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Onedrive is the secondbest alternative you get after google drive. The business version sure gives u a greater ease and much bigger access to your files anywhere Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The onedrive app gets closed in android os whenever the phone is lagging or when there is an performance issue in the phone in some circumstances Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of access from anywhere on the road or in the office Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really have no complaints at this time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Allows for use of files across team members and easy access as needed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.