Microsoft OneDrive for Business Reviews & Product Details

Microsoft OneDrive for Business Overview

What is Microsoft OneDrive for Business?

Microsoft OneDrive for Business lets you securely store, access, share, and collaborate on all your files from anywhere. -Access your files anywhere across all your devices -Store and organize your work documents in a secure location in the cloud.​ -Share documents with others and work together in real time. -Get 1 TB of storage per user and upload files up to 250GB in size. ​ -Synchronize documents stored in the cloud to your computer or mobile device so that you can access your documents offline. Back up and protect your files so you can easily recover from accidental deletes or malicious attacks.

Microsoft OneDrive for Business Details

With Microsoft OneDrive you can store any file on your SkyDrive and it's automatically available from your phone and computers. No syncing or cables needed.

Microsoft
@Microsoft
9,300,495 Twitter followers
193,766 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software products and services; and designs and sells hardware worldwide. Flagship products include Windows, Office, Azure, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Dynamics ERP and CRM, as well as Xbox; Skype; and Windows Phone.

Microsoft OneDrive for Business Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Microsoft OneDrive for Business community
Have you used Microsoft OneDrive for Business before?

Microsoft OneDrive for Business Reviews

Showing 95 Microsoft OneDrive reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have Microsoft OneDrive for Business?
President
What do you like best?

I wish I could say I liked something about OneDrive, but honestly I wish it would just go away. Do yourself a favor: Don’t waste your time with OneDrive and Get GSuite instead. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Archaic Collaboration Tools - they basically “frankensteined” in the old SharePoint to make it as if you have an integrated team drive function — you don’t. You get routed to the SharePoint platform. On GSuite the team drive is a native part of your Google Drive.

Too Heavy - the ops slow my computer down more than GSuite

Hard to Use on Mobile - When I want to tweak or share a doc from OneDrive on the go, being able to search for the doc, attach it to an email and sending it from my cell phone is like a crap shoot — I never know how it’s going to go and often end up disappointed.

The share URL’s have failed on me frequently - I literally have created documents and gotten errors when trying to reopen them. The errors said the link didn’t exist. I was up against a deadline, of course, I wanted some customer support to help me resolve this quickly. Nope! Apparently, I had to be an administrator for my company’s account in order to even start the process of contacting support. Fortunately, after frantically clicking around for what felt like forever, I finally came upon an option to revert back to a legacy version of One Drive and in that version my document was there and I was able to access it fine. But, that’s definitely not the kind of experience I’m looking for in a software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Microsoft OneDrive is my business problem. But legacy business people still use it because it’s familiar. Old habits die hard...even when the suck. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Paralegal
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

That we could share one document and be able to edit at the same time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We had a complication in with the lawyer in the office deleted contacts in his phone which then filtered through the system over the weekend and deleted contacts in the entire office. That was a problem and Google was no help in trying to get the contacts back. The other big thing was we had syncing issues. Google was also no help with that and told us we had to go to a third party and run an orphan program every Monday to try to put the files back where they were. 4 months and months we had to do this program every Monday morning to try to stick all of our clients information back into the files. This was a real pain in the butt, not productive and annoying as hell. I would not recommend Google 4 larger businesses are people with multiple locations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If this is a very small business with less than 5 employees, then OneDrive for business should be okay but keep in mind that if you don't want thinking issues then you'll just be going up and down the cloud all the time. That then becomes a pain when you download, revise, and upload and then have multiple provisions of the same document. It's much easier to have a copy of it on your desktop and have a think but when the sink goes Haywire the support isn't there. Some other company like Dropbox has fantastic support for syncing issues, viruses, Etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The law firm had to make adjustments which were a real pain in the butt. We couldn't have extinct system on our computers and we had to go into the cloud for everything. When we contacted Google they were a very little help and kept in their engineer said this, their engineer said that. It was not productive at all. We had previously been with Dropbox and when we had any kind of issues, including a virus, they were wonderful and helped us work through them and get rid of them and restore our system within a very short time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Microsoft OneDrive for Business
What do you like best?

Honestly, I do not like Microsoft OneDrive at all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The least helpful thing about this product is that it is not user friendly. It crashes a lot, multiple people are not able to work on the same document at the same time. It is extremely hard to organize. I wish you could make folders within folders for better organizational purposes. Also, it seems as thought it should be easy to attach a file using the Microsoft email but it truly isn’t and then assuring that the recipient can actually open it is a shoot in the dark. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I wouldn’t use this unless I had to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are no longer able to access google drive at our institution so this is our last resort. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

One thing I definitely like/enjoy about Google OneDrive is the fact that all of your data can be kept in one place with it: it’s one of the few things that it helps with Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it’s almost impossible to use two computers with the same OneDrive without going for a subscription plan is really frustrating. Once your first computer has its data imported, the imported data of any other computer will eat up the limited storage you dispose of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I wouldn’t recommend it, but it can come out as quite useful to be honest. On my end, I rather use other drive folders such as Mega or Google Drive. But when it comes to automated backup on your laptop, One Drive is the place to look at. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A problem that I’m solving, and I think that many are solving, is attempting to have a backup folder where I can keep all of my files in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

I appreciate that it integrates with the Office Suite. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is super annoying that it tries to make this the default storage on every device you own. If you even try to view a file on the fly from your phone it will try to infect all your settings and take over. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pull back making it the default storage destination or at least make it play nice with iCloud, Dropbox or other cloud storage services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am surprised it doesn't play the sound of a baby crying when you try to save to your iCloud, desktop or any other destination. They make it almost impossible to even figure out how to NOT save your Word or other files to another drive, it is buried in four or five drop down menus. It is like a needy girlfriend that you just can't seem to break up with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that it can auto sync with my HDD Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not think it is better than Google drive and is more complicated to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trying to share files with staff an backup data. I like that it can auto sync with my HDD, and this has been helpful when I have received a new PC. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Nothing specific, it's a shared drive as many others, so the advantages connected to its use are those generally applicable to every other competitor Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Slow in saving files when working directly on the drive, in the end I always work offline and upload EOD Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

n.a. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

This is great for sharing documents company wide. It can also allow editing of those documents. And can be accessed via phone or computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is not very secure and it’s harder to share individual documents. This also limits its effectiveness as a project management tool. Microsoft Sharepoint is a much better option when it comes to supporting collaboration Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

S Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Designer - visualization
What do you like best?

They give each user 1TB of space, same as personal for once. And they Do have an app and are multi platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Incompatible with oneDrive. Again, the business won't work with anything but business. We've had issues also with links not working for one person, but then working for another. Support just says "try it again." Yeah, thanks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Well it's essentially free. I would NOT pay for it if you aren't already getting Office 365. Upload is incredibly slow, but not the worst according to some review sites. An example is uploading 250MB can take upwards of 20 minutes. Just to prove it wasn't our internet, I uploaded the same file to Frame.io and it took less than 3 minutes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

file sharing for internal and external use. This also provides a type of offsite backup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

It has good storage, integrates Teams nicely, and makes the action menu easy to read and use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel as though the Sync is difficult to have work consistently among different devices at work and home. I also have shared links to docs in my OneDrive with students, and then it requires me to approve their access one-by-one through Sharepoint, though I cannot see to begin how to clearly manage the permissions for the docs I'm trying to share. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will definitely want to invest in bringing in someone to train/send someone to be trained before having employees jump into using it. It is not the most intuitive storage/collaboration element to learn/use effeciently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I like that students can submit assignments to me digitally through sharing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Principal Recruiter / Owner
What do you like best?

I can access files from anywhere and share the files easily Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Getting blocked from using long file names. This does not happen with the free version of OneDrive. So, I pay more and get less. I am also unable to attach files to emails when the files are on OneDrive for Business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Provide access to files to others, access to files from any browser Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UB
What do you like best?

I like microsoft office business for the simple fact that it is so easy to drop files into the drop box and be able to find the file once you have done so. Other products can take up to 5 min before you see it. The fule even shows up in most recent which is helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When I move a file to the dropbox it is still on my other computers taking up valuable space that I need. I thought the whole point of the dropbox was to help free up space but it is not doing that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product! Just takes some time to figure out :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I work as a phd student and it is very helpful to have all my data and files in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder and CEO
What do you like best?

Microsoft offers free 1 TB of storage when you are an Office 365 business subscriber which is a lot of storage for free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The user interface sucks. Sharing documents is way too complicated. The browser integrations with excel and word make it worse rather than relying on the desktop versions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pay for Dropbox. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data storage. I rarely use even though it is free. I'd rather pay for Dropbox (I do) or Box (I don't). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

US
What do you like best?

There's not much to like... it's very clunky and hard to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interactions are not intuitive. Every interaction requires far too many clicks or steps, that could be done away with. For example, when sharing a document link you have to specify who can see the link every time, then click on copy link and then you can paste it. Just right-clicking and copying the link would be the easiest thing to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Due to security requirements at my company, we all have to use Microsoft OneDrive for all document storage. We have moved all of our items from Dropbox. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administrative Assistant
Higher Education
What do you like best?

I like that my co-workers use this to store and share files so that I do not have to manually search for everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I personally do not like this at all. I do not think that there is much ease of use, constantly having to sign in. I prefer Google One Drive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There is not much ease of use, you have to search and find everything. Its not very user friendly in my opinion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the connectivity between desktop Office and Sharepoint online. It makes it easy to automatically share documents created on desktop with others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how annoying it is to navigate sharepoint. It's tough to rearrange folders and drag existing documents in existing folders. Lots of sharing permission issues Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend using google drive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving sharing documents even though the live editing feature isn't great Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

OneDrive has a reasonably modern web UI, similar to Dropbox, Google Drive, MEGA, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

OneDrive's Web UI stalls hard if a significant amount of files are uploaded to it.

OneDrive tends to drop connections when a significantly large file is being uploaded.

OneDrive does not handle uploads of many small files well, especially in the case where hundreds of 5 KB files need to be uploaded.

In particular, not only is there a possibility of the upload partially failing, necessitating the reupload of the missing files, but the upload speed (oh darn, the upload speed) is glacial, taking 2 kilobytes per second, regardless of network speed.

This, in particular, constantly impacts the auditing of some of our business processes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please, please, PLEASE do not use OneDrive if you want to properly utilize the bandwidth in your business.

Especially, if you need to do the following:

* Upload large files, for the sake of sharing them with the rest of the organization.

* Download large files, for the sake of collaborating with the rest of the organization.

* Upload many small files, for the sake of archiving process results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OneDrive is used for backing up files for archival, as well as for the dissemination of files to other parts of the business.

Please note, however, that, regardless of the amount of network bandwidth allocated towards your OneDrive instance, you can and you will experience slow uploads and downloads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I never have to use it again if I don't want to because I'm never going to work for the man again - does that help? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Limited functionality, requires SharePoint for collaboration - honestly have no idea why any business would choose over Google Drive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get G-Suite. Done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I mean, I guess it saved server space for the orgs I used it with. Other than that it's basically useless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UW
What do you like best?

Nothing, I've never had a single pleasant experience with this app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything, hard to use and difficult to understand. My least favorite app to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's supposed to help with all our work files but mostly it makes me scream. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use within an organization and across all Microsoft and apple platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how work documents do not maintain their format. If you copy paste from the document it loses it's formatting. Also, teammates can't collaborate on one document at the same time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is OK. I would definately recommend google drive over it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving the problem of storing things on a computer and it is easier to share documents/files with people you grant access to Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The folder capabilities with in one drive make it really easy to divide content into different subgroups, but that is pretty standard for any file storage platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very unsophisticated ui, that makes sharing files internally and extern only very difficult. The syncing features also seem to be subpar Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to share content internally and extern early, being able to have real time collaboration and file saving across multiple devices Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Training Manager
What do you like best?

access from anywhere and being able to keep a common copy of a document Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the syncing is ongoing on our copy and is often disruptive. also, never seems to stop "churning" Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

access from anywhere. common copies of documents Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

I like that my colleagues are able to share files and information and collaborate regardless of our physical location. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

OneDrive consistently crashes, making it challenging to ensure files have been saved properly. It will also randomly stop syncing, and it always a pain to get working again. When it’s working correctly it’s a decent enough program, but the times that it isn’t can be super frustrating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have sales directors who work remotely and use the same info/files as those of us at corporate, so it’s a good way for everyone to have access without sending a million email attachments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Interface with Outlook and other Microsoft suites Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Updates cause issues, the storage space isn't nearly enough and the interface is dated. The mobile platform is chunky and has a lot of bugs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are much better platforms such as Syncplicity Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that OneDrive syncs its folders to my PC. I am able to auto-save all my Microsoft office documents/spreadsheets and automatically sync to the cloud for backup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The online cloud storage drive is the only feature I have issues navigating. Perhaps it is the way my business has organized our assets, but it is difficult to find specific items. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure that your company is familiar with Microsoft products, as opposed to Google apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OneDrive automatically saves my work so I don't have to worry about saving my technical documentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.