Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Reviews & Product Details

Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Overview

What is Microsoft Enterprise Mobility?

Microsoft's Enterprise Mobility suite is a collection of mobile solutions that allows users to access their favorite apps as well as company information without putting data at risk.

Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Details

@Microsoft
9,300,495 Twitter followers
193,766 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software products and services; and designs and sells hardware worldwide. Flagship products include Windows, Office, Azure, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Dynamics ERP and CRM, as well as Xbox; Skype; and Windows Phone.

Answer a few questions to help the Microsoft Enterprise Mobility community
Have you used Microsoft Enterprise Mobility before?

Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Reviews

Showing 15 Microsoft Enterprise Mobility reviews
Already have Microsoft Enterprise Mobility?
Certified Business Analysts/
What do you like best?

I like being able to not worry about accessibility of work production no matter where I am, and mobile friendly with both IOS and android smartphones, tablets, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the constant upgrades that sometimes changes my settings without notice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has made my work more easier to access. I do like the enhanced upgrades, that allow my production more acceptable and satisfies my clientele. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sharepoint Consultant
What do you like best?

Intune is like our own companies play store to view and install apps which can be easily controlled by the organization Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Azure Rights management is not as user friendly and requires to install multiple apps to view a restricted email which is a pain and does not work after installation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is part of my organization provided portal & used in o365 Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It has helped our staff be on the same page and receive/exchange emails and database so easily! I especially love being able to access all cloud apps and data via my mobile phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At first there were glitches (when program first launched) but they have since fixed them. Throughout the improvements that have been made, we feel like this is a solid and secure suite! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely worth trying! I highly recommend switching or adding this software to your business as it will provide a greater sense of productivity and fluid flow between workplace, home and being on the go! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Efficiency, ease, consistency, and helped us to work as a business. This has also enabled all of our staff to deliver, exchange apps and data thought all of our devices, while feeling quite secure about the process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like with the new update that we are able to access all the apps of Microsoft from any computer we are logged into. It has made my life that much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

nothing- so far everything has been wonderful I have no complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep up the good work! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Documenting anywhere electronically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I used Microsoft Enterprise while working at my Corporate Marketing Job. It was a great tool to bring all of our teams together, to collaborate and get things done more efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I was fortunate not to have any dislikes. I liked the product and so did our teams. It worked well for our office and our different departments to be on the same page with projects, email, calendars, etc. I did have a few problems with being signed up, but the support team resolved my issue very quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just that it was really easy to use and if your company is debating on switching, go for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We solved the problem of bringing our teams together by being able to have access to files, email, calendar, scheduling etc, all at the same time. It worked very well because at the time we had many different departments needing to collaborate with one another. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Support & Experience Representative
Internet
What do you like best?

It is extremely sophisticated and so easy to use with more advanced features and makes collaborating easy and fun. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Like many first time users, it was a bit complicated to understand. But once you get the understanding of it you're good to go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Continue to make improvements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our team members are located in different countries, so solved the problem of bringing our teams together by being able to have access to files, email, calendar, scheduling etc, all at the same time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hedge Fund Research Analyst
Financial Services
What do you like best?

Easily allows me to access my applications and files on the go Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are compatibility issues, file format problems Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easily access important files whole traveling Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client Advocate
Banking
What do you like best?

I liked that i only needed to remember one log in/password instead of multiple ones for different systems we used with all different password reset times. Made life much simpler Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can remember. It worked well and made my life easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Minimizing possibility of security breaches and password resets bc we just had one to remember Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Transportation Analyst
Oil & Energy
What do you like best?

I like the brand new look of it. It is extremely sophisticated and so easy to use. I had a similar one at home (at least a little bit more advanced) and now I have a more advanced one at work that has made my day to day task so much more organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how at first it was a bit complicated to understand. I kind of felt inexperienced for a second because a lot of the stuff were in different locations and I couldn't find what tool I needed for a specific task. I didn't take that long to learn it but it took me a bit to get it together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My biggest struggle is the use of Microsoft Access. It is my most essential tool but it has taken me a long time to really get a grasp but I need more. I need more guidance on how to use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Microsoft is my primary source for all of my tasks at work. I use Outlook for my emails. Excel for all of my spreadsheets, pivots, charts, etc. Notebook to keep personal and work information that I need to remember. I just recently started learning Access because I had so much information in my excel spreadsheets that the spreadsheet kept crashing on me so with access I am able to keep all of the information together and it can handle the volume of work that I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Microsoft Messaging Systems Engineer
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Features & Functionality - Ease of configuration Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Options for allowing/denying devices access to the environment. Need more options Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Advanced communctions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Consultant
What do you like best?

Value. EMS is a swiss army knife that solves many things outright, but makes many existing apps better without having to re-architect what I have. Rather than a silo'ed solution that don't talk to each other, it's more of a comprehensive platform play that fills a lot of gaps without having to buy many single purpose solutions. Sure, it operates in well defined spaces like MDM, Single Sign On or item level Encryption but it also extends functionality in existing apps like adding Multi-Factor auth, intrusion detection and even secure internet access to an on-prem SharePoint intranet. The same goes for extending Exchange or even a traditional File Server. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Windows Phone support via Intune - the fact that for a couple users in an environment, I have to maintain a MS developer account ($100 / yr) + Symantec Code Signing Certs (~$200 / yr) is just ridiculous. With Android, it's immediately compatible, for iOS all I need is a quick certificate exchange. For Windows Workstations I only need DNS entries. Why in the world would I need to go through days of extra hoops to support Microsoft's own devices? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Understand the breadth of what it does first. No matter what someone tries to sell you, it's not Apples to Apples. No other identity provider is offering exchange encryption integration, and no MDM vendor is offering intrusion detection tools. Since the product spans so many areas, it's kind of tough to evaluate, you need the security guys, mobile device support staff, and networking team - as well as whoever deals with your Microsoft licenses in the same room. If you can get the right audience like a CIO to listen for a few minutes, unless there are very unusual business needs it's usually a no brainer. Overall it's been really well received where I've deployed it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm using EMS to solve a laundry list of problems with my clients.

While barely talked about from Microsoft, one of the most impactful pieces has been the Web Application Proxy. With a 4 mb download and nothing more than outbound internet access on a single server, I can securely share my internal web apps (SharePoint, OWA, SSRS, ConfigMgr reporting, and Service Manager along with various other 3rd party apps) to an iPad in a few minutes with Single Sign On. No VPN or swiss cheese firewalls required. Given that it replaces the need for expensive (6 figures) reverse proxy appliances in that situation, that's huge.

Being early on the Advanced Threat Analytics train, I also can finally answer the old question of "How would you know you've been hacked?" with some confidence. In some early proof of concept deployments, we immediately detected some schedules tasks that were sending sensitive accounts in the clear - we'd have had no idea otherwise that this was happening. Given the expense of other SEIM tools, this more or less came along for the ride. It does seem to answer different questions than some of the other tools out there though, so I consider it more of an enhanced surface area than a direct replacement for other event monitoring tools.

We've also set up automatic RMS encryption of emails based on subject line or who sent it as well as automatic protection of SharePoint libraries, so that as soon as a user uploads the files, it's automatically audited and encrypted just incase it is ever saved outside of where we want it.

In other places, EMS has been a direct replacement for existing MDM/SSO products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IG
What do you like best?

The ease of use - it is very easy to navigate between each item. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Switching back and forth is sometimes confusing or frustrating Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operational/Organizational processes - easier to store information in an easy to access space Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Global Master Data Systems Analyst
Sporting Goods
What do you like best?

I like it because it was easy to use while working in a difficult environment at work. It made my work go faster and it worked wonders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the set up of this product and I think it could be better with a little bit of work. Otherwise, it is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is easy to use and can be quickly learned. It works wonders at the office and the projects I have done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have created a bunch of spreadsheets that benefited the company on monitoring and saving the company's money based off what I used on this product. It was very beneficial at the work place and a lot of my co-workers would love to get on board and start using it themselves. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager, Program Management Business Systems
Civil Engineering
What do you like best?

Easy to setup in few steps and fast to configure and have ready. Very easy to publish internal applications and have devices enrolled and managed. Supports multi factor authentication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No on-prem option for intune and missing a lot of the functionality provided by on-prem deployments, specially when it comes to the security requirements. Managing access to published applications through the Azure AD Application Proxy was a challenge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out and if it fulfills your requirements I believe it is a good option to consider. Some of our requirements were a little bit more advanced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mobile device management and managing content. Providing applications to devices and publishing internal services to mobile devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

It protects Office better, saves you money, more secure, & comprehensive. It is currently the only solution designed to protect your Microsoft Office email, files, and apps that I have found. Also in my experience it costs significantly less than the cost of buying standalone solutions from other vendors in the same arena. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is still costly and could be cost-prohibitive for a small business to utilize. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Compare the cost of other similar systems to really ensure this will fit your needs and you will be happier once purchase is made - wont feel like you are overpaying if you know what the competition has to offer at their own cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Working to merge logins for multiple systems and have single sign on for them - hoping to reduce IT staff needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.