4.0

MemberSuite is an association management software for non-profits of all sizes that has modules for a customizable platform.

Work for MemberSuite?

Learning about MemberSuite?

MemberSuite Reviews

Ask MemberSuite a Question
Showing 48 MemberSuite reviews
Julie C.

"Great System That Does it All"

What do you like best?

There are many things to like about Membersuite. The reporting function is excellent, and lets us pull all the data we need for making decisions about program development, marketing and member services. The customer portal gives our members and customers easy access to their accounts, and the ability to configure the system to our specific requirements is almost like having a customized system. It is the most comprehensive system our association has eveer used in my 30+ years of managment here.

What do you dislike?

There is a steep learning curve in the beginning, but fortunately, there is good support from the Membersuite Team. For organizations who do not have a robust IT department, Membersuite offers an affordable Administrative Services option after implementation to make sure that the organization continues to have dedicated support to assure a successful transition to Membersuite. Sometimes the system is less intuitive than it could be, but Membersuite is continuously improving their product. One area, which would be my top priority for further development is the finance module. This module tracks transactions but is not a full-blown financial system. It requires integration with Quickbooks or some other program for complete financials. While this works, it would be ideal to have a complete financial package included. Using custom reports, even without the integration with another package, it is possible to pull any financial data that may be required.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Membersuite is an excellent system, and it is very useful for our organization. Our chief recommendations would be:

1. Be very clear on what you need to transfer when you move data to the new system.

2. Understand that in Membersuite there may not be a 1:1 correlation with your legacy data and Membersuite so there may be areas you will need to address after the transfer.

3. Make sure you have a solid understanding of the financial module and how it operates. It tracks all transactions, and it requires the use of Quickbooks or another platform to manage payables and full financials.

4. Do not go live until you have tested the system thoroughly to make sure you have things set up as they should be.

5. Designate one (at most 2) staff to be super-users and restrict usage by others only to those areas pertaining to their specific job roles, at least until they can be fully trained.

The list is too long to include everything, but here are the top 10:

1. The need to have dual entry into the AMS and the finance module (Quickbooks)

2. The ability to easily set up discount codes to manage variable pricing for different categories of customers.

3. The ability to manage exhibitors within the AMS system.

4. The ability to coordinate awards and competitions within the system.

5. Elimination of the need for manual entry of all customer purchases and registrations for event.

6. CEU and certificate management

7. The ability of members to update their own information and maintain a more up to date customer database, and automatic emails to confirm renewals, etc..

8. Event setup is integrated with the customer database for ease of tracking registration and automatic registration confirmation, as well as management of tiered pricing and hotel registrations.

9. Elimination of the need to maintain multiple spreadsheets in order to track data.

10. Significant time savings on almost every aspect of managing the day to day work of the organization.

10+1. Time savings for staff in every area of our operation.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about MemberSuite
Matthew L.

"MemberSuite: customizable, user friendly, and the best CRM/AMS I've used."

What do you like best?

The reporting tools are the best I've ever used: it's incredibly easy to filter and tune reports towards exactly what you need for any given data set. Customizing your database's back end towards your needs is really easy and makes the system incredibly versatile. Users have reported a much better experience with membersuite than our old database, particularly in terms of online purchasing and event registration.

What do you dislike?

The lack of a spreadsheet import can be a hindrance. Also, there's no way to copy merchandise or most other objects in the system, which would be really helpful when creating a lot of inventory.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A much more user friendly database/crm than we had used before.

I'm the database administrator for a member-based non profit organization. We've been on membersuite for about a year and a half, coming off an AMS that seemed to break a little more with each patch. The difference in getting switched over was immediate and a huge improvement for our employees and our members/customers. We have a large number of business functions that we used to outsource to third party vendors because we lacked the ability to do them well in our old database, including event/exhibitor registration, abstract submissions, award nominations and judging, and email marketing campaigns. Since switching to membersuite, we've brought all of these back in house, since membersuite's tools and functions are easily as good if not better than the vendors we would use. We've also been able to automate a huge number of business functions that used to take hours of staff time daily/weekly. Overall, membersuite has streamlined many of our functions and processes, improving them greatly from where we came from, and allowing us to expand our thinking of what's possible through our CRM/AMS. I have no regrets about making the switch and I've gladly recommended membersuite to other database admins/IT professionals.

What Association Management solution do you use?

Kyle N.

"Review of Finance and Fundraising in MemberSuite"

What do you like best?

I am told the API is very useful. From a finance perspective, I had our IT team build something that allows me to build a query in MemberSuite, save it, and then I have a link that I can use to download updated data on-demand.

I like the flexibility of building custom queries. The functionality is confusing for some, but once you learn it, it is powerful.

What do you dislike?

We have some difficulties with some parts of the finance and fundraising modules. Customer support has not been particularly helpful, but management is receptive to feedback and has committed to making improvements on that front.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your own comparison shopping by speaking to some current users with knowledge of the finance and fundraising modules. Make sure the finance and development staff have in-depth conversations about specific functionality that would impact your organization.

MemberSuite's API allows us to pull data out to manipulate and report in meaningful ways. We have some manual workarounds on the input side, but once the data is in, it is useful.

Joshua P.

"Once you learn how to operate Membersuite, you discover that it is a great resource. "

What do you like best?

The search feature is my absolute favorite aspect of Membersuite. It allows one to easily find information within all the modules. Plus, you can save searches that you frequently use so that you have easy access to.

I also like the portal forms. These are forms that you can create for your users to complete. I have used them for election ballots, award nominations, and to gather other information that membersuite does not include. Once you are ready to collect the results from these forms, you can pull a report in minutes and have all the information you need at your fingertips. This feature is a great time effiecient resource

What do you dislike?

Not always user-friendly. At times, information is not always where you think it is and this gets frustating because it can take longer to locate the information you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure that you get a good onboarding with this product. Trying to learn by yourself is frustrating. If you pay close attention in the onboarding process, you will have the tools to quickly learn how to utilize membersuite.

Application submissions, election ballots, conference registrations, membership dues, etc.

The benefits I have realized is the ease at which membersuite helps me tackle all of the above items and how I can eaisly search and pull organized reports in a time efficient manner.

Shaun H.

"Access and Adaptability Enabling"

What do you like best?

A competitive advantage MemberSuite has over other providers is the flexibility of its API and ability to integrate with other systems and its ability to customize fields and data import/exports to manage data. This makes the system scalable and allows for a more customized fit to meet business processes of the organization, while staying on a core product.

What do you dislike?

MemberSuite knows it cannot be a one-size fits all or one-stop-shop for what dedicated systems provide, which is why integrations are important; however, there is basic functionality in the finance and marketing modules that if given a little more love could be decent baseline modules without the additional brute-force staff time it takes to make them operate efficiently.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have at least part of a staff members job dedicated to supporting MemberSuite within the association, so there is internal "train the trainer" and someone to test and watch for software releases and provide support to other non-power users.

MemberSuite runs the core of our business. There are several modules and systems that have been centralized, and the system is the primary system in which all member accounts and systems are referenced against. This centralization of our member ecosystem allows us to more efficiently and effectively manage our records with the staff resources we have.

Chris S.

"Great customer service"

What do you like best?

The people at MemberSuite are great to work with. They are patient with our many questions and take the time to explain their answers. I can count on a quick response when I submit a support ticket and I can always send an email to our Customer Success Manager for a quick question.

What do you dislike?

We've been with MemberSuite for about a year now and any issues we've had have been quickly addressed so at this time I have nothing I can think of that I really dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

During implementation, really think about how you need things to be set up and don't be afraid to ask questions of the MemberSuite team. Also, think about what data you want to move to MemberSuite and take the time to review the data before the move.

The automated billing has saved us time in preparing invoices and our members are paying more quickly. We have also been able to customize how individuals and organizations are set up to better manage our records.

Zenita H.

"Great for Non-Profits!"

What do you like best?

I work primarily on the event side of MemberSuite, and so far I have had a great experience. All the information I need, plus email notifications are all in one spot, so it makes my life so much easier!

What do you dislike?

This is a very in-depth system, so at times it can become frustrating when you need to change things around. But once you get the hang of it, its actually not that bad. The one thing I still struggle with the most is when I have to create searches.

So far, the best business problem that MemberSuite has solved, is that we don't need multiple applications to complete tasks. The hardest part of working for a Non-Profit Organization is having information in too many different places, and MemberSuite has really tried to tie all of them together in one system.

Sharon S.

"MemberSuite Review"

What do you like best?

I have not started using it yet, but am hopeful that it will address our needs in a intuitive way. I feel that the membersuite staff seem to be excited to work there and put the customers first.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to import data to any table, including invoices, payments, etc. I know that DIY import is coming, but am not clear whether that applies to any table, or only organizations and contacts.

I am disappointed that I can not use Authorize.Net for my payment processing I was told in the sales meetings that it would be considered or could be done as a customization, but once we were presented with the contract it was not an option.

I was surprised to find that our historical invoices would not be imported in to our database.

We would like to use the discussion module but were made aware that the discussions could not be made private. I was concerned that it was not mentioned in Mike's near term road map of improvements.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you understand the capabilities and limitations

Ease of member experience, accurate financials, intuitive processes for our staff. We have not gone live yet so we do not have information about the benefits yet.

Monica O.

"MemberSuite in a nutshell"

What do you like best?

I like that the system is completely customizable, so whatever your business needs, they can alter the set up to make it happen.

What do you dislike?

The system being completely customizable is a double-edge sword because there are so many options, it is easy to get confused and difficult to remember all the steps to set something up.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would just make sure you do your research. They have a lot of functionality with the software but it takes a lot of time to get things set up and configured. There are also so limitations in some of their modules that I would consider a mile wide and an inch deep.

We run our membership, awards, scholarships, events and abstracts through membership. THe benefits we have seen from this is that all our data is in one place. It is easier to market to a target audience and to have a better idea of how our members are interacting with us.

Michelle M.

"Michelle Mora's MemberSuite Review"

What do you like best?

The support team is very responsive and is able to answer my questions in a very timely manner. The system is faster than when we first started four years ago. We also like working with our CSM, Julie. I'm impressed and excited about the upcoming enhancements to the system and feel that it will be more robust. It's nice to see how much the MemberSuite team is listening to our suggestions.

What do you dislike?

The customization can be a bottleneck when we have certain needs that our members are requesting. Sometimes the system requires us to flush the cache in order for updates to be made and that requires us to contact the support team to make that request. The level of transparency in regards to how long new enhancements will take (i.e. the new portal) can be improved upon.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Confirm the migration data is accurate in order to promote a smooth migration; understand that customization will be required and there are additional costs affiliated with it

We are able to quickly register participants for events and provide them with a list of their earned continuing education credits with a few clicks of the mouse. Much faster than our old paper system. We are also able to create searches and receive data quickly. We are hoping to solve our custom billing run/process this year.

"MemberSuite User Review"

What do you like best?

The reason we went with MemberSuite is because we needed an AMS that was almost completely customizable and able to accommodate our uniquenesses as an association - MemberSuite is built for that. The reporting tool is robust and the scaleability will be good for us in the future. It is a great product with extraordinary potential. The API was easy to use and continues to make working with 3rd parties easy. We have MANY uniquenesses as an associaitonWe are glad we switched from our current AMS to MemberSuite.

What do you dislike?

As with bringing on board any new product, there is a definite learning curve but we are working hand-in-hand with MemberSuite to

MemberSuite is our primary and only database. We have enjoyed the financial reporting and ease of inputting membership. I do believe it has allowed us to think more effectively as an association and will be an acceptable tool once finalized.

"MemberSuite Provides Very Customizable Product, Right out of the Box"

What do you like best?

I really like the ability to build reports around membership. In our last AMS system, there was literally only one member report export we were allowed to use based on how valuable the data contained therein was. I can use MemberSuite to build custom reports, deliver those to members or volunteer leaders on an automatic basis and with the output columns that I choose. Truly helpful stuff. Wish I could even think of a world without it.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally have found some weird integration issues either with CSS from our site having unintended consequences on column display for the user, or slight SSO issues with Higher Logic. However Support at MemberSuite is very helpful to address and fix what is probably something that is our issue or comes from our code or portal side fixes. I would also say that there are potentially *too* many things in Membersuite, which is both a blessing and curse. We came from such a simple system that having all the bells and whistles that Membersuite allows for, and staff can get lost in which pathways to take, which buttons to press, and where they need to connect the dots to make a module function like Awards/Competitions judging. However, these additional features can also be great, because the product can serve many styles and types of organizations with all of these options available right out of the box.

MemberSuite solved many business problems we had with our old AMS. It lives separately from our website, which our old AMS did not. It provides many more reports and additional options to customize than our past system. It contains items like awards and proposals collections and judging which we formally used a different system for. It also integrates with our email client which our old system did not, making communications easier for me and my team.

Candice Z.

"A Good All-In-One Resource for Associations"

What do you like best?

Even though each association is different, MemberSuite is highly customizable--events, awards, certifications, member directory... they can cover it all.

What do you dislike?

Our company has been a client since 2011 and over the years we've had some challenges with Support but this has become much better recently. Our CSM has been a very valuable resource.

Searching data is quite easy with MemberSuite because everything is housed in one place. As long as the user knows how to limit the search appropriately, it's quick and easy to find very specific records. This makes our clients happy when we're able to answer all of their curiosities or dwindle down a list to specific criteria quickly.

Michael R L.

"Great AMS at a Reasonable Price"

What do you like best?

Full featured and a large number of modules to select from to customize it to our association.

We transitioned to MemberSuite's AMS platform last July (2016) and have been going through the expected learning curve and activation of 14 modules over the last 10 months.

The AMS platform is extensive and comprehensive and quite good on many levels. As we evaluated various AMS platforms over the course of a year (2015) we determined that MemberSuite was a really good value, with great capabilities, and represented a reasonable investment for an association of our size.

We have 10,000 members, 100,000+ member records, 35 Affiliate chapters, a foundation that raises money and an extensive website with content, and products to sell in our online bookstore. We have a very active consulting practice and we do grant work so all of these projects and financial transactions needed to be tracked and recorded in our AMS platform. We do mailings to over 40,000 stakeholders each month and use the email clients that are integrated with MemberSuite to do thousands of monthly marketing emails.

MemberSuite also subscribes to the mantra of constant improvement so they are continually in the process of updating and improving their modules on an ongoing basis. We appreciate that and appreciate that we have been asked our opinion along the way so the upgraded modules are made better and better with user input.

I can strongly recommend MemberSuite as a very capable system, well priced and undergoing constant improvement. The customer support and response is a strong suite and they continue to work with us to make MemberSuite the best AMS it can be.

What do you dislike?

MemberSuite experienced a great spike of growth during 2016 and had some growing pains but has responded well and out open items list is growing shorter by the week.

Some of the modules are version 1 modules and are currently being rewritten, which is good. We would like to be more involved in the design phase than we are. Developers rather than Users still dominate the conversations and it should be the other way around. To their credit though, MemberSuite is constantly improving.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get full demos of every module you plan to use. Ask to have a module guru on each of the demos so that you can ask really detailed questions on how you might use each and every module. In many cases you are doing thing a certain way because 1) your current software dictates that is the way you can do it or 2) because you have always done it that way. Take the opportunity of a MemberSuite implementation to fully examine your current practices and evaluate if this is an opportunity to move to best practices with the help of MemberSuite.

Our former association database was on the verge of crashing, was not economically customizable nor sustainable so we had to make a change and found a great answer in MemberSuite.

This is a really good mid market AMS with a lot of features and the feature set grows all the time. We need and are using virtually every feature set so we are very happy with the system and with the team at MemberSuite.

Stephanie O.

"Membersuite Review"

What do you like best?

The database has a very easy search so if updates are needed they can be done quickly.

What do you dislike?

They have been promising updates for a while now, and they have not happened. It's more outdated than it should be.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great tool when you have a large database of people. easy to update records. the Search function is a bit clunky but not too bad in the grand scheme of things.

We use it as a member database. It's nice to have an easy way to update member information when they can't login.

Tammy P.

"MemberSuite"

What do you like best?

Easy to process data reports, invoicing is so easy, account changes are simple and I love that we can customize our screens and reports on the dashboard.

What do you dislike?

A lot of touch points to keep the data up to date, i.e., even though we select member roles, we still have to update the number of members to bill for. This seems redundant and adds more work

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software will assist you in restructuring your business flow in a way that makes sense today!

It is an investment in your future and your growth and your data management, event management and so much more.

Staff time, efficiency, easier invoicing, customers have control of their accounts.

"education coordinator"

What do you like best?

all info across departments at fingertips. very helpful when verifying membership. there has been some resistance from older employees but we have been live for a little over a year and they are finally starting to come around.

What do you dislike?

i dislike the amount of clicks most things take to get where to need to go. I wish there was 1 set way to go about doing things sometimes. That would make it easier to set procedures for everyone to follow. I also which it was easier to create custom billing. For my specific needs we have classes and some are billed per person and some are billed on the whole but I still need to be able to record attendance records.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

be Patient and take the time needed to learn the system. Its a large system and there is alot to learn but it will be worth it

the benefits we have noticed have been the information that everyone is able to access very quickley

"MemberSuite AMS Review"

What do you like best?

The versatility and robustness of this AMS is a huge benefit. Many different types of modules reside in a central repository for you to access allowing you limit the number of tools needed for your business (and pull in fields from across different areas into the same search/report).

What do you dislike?

Due to the system's robustness and customizability, it is time consuming to learn how to use to sytem admins (especially for those with little previous AMS/CRM experience). Lots of trainging and learning was required to navaigate the system (not very intuitive).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

View many different demos before choosing the best system for your organization/association. There isn't a "one size fits all" solution for everyone, so identify your needs and prioritize what's most important to your specific needs. In our case, MemberSuite was the AMS solution that worked best for us.

We use the CRM, membership, events, committees, and career center modules the most. This allows us to store our member contact information in the same location that they renew their membership and register for our events (as well as upload their resumes and search our corporate partner's job postings). As a small non-profit with a limited staff, this is a huge resource for us. We are excited that MemberSuite will be able to grow with us as we expand and wish to utilize more features.

"Strength and Usability: a Great Match"

What do you like best?

Our independent non-profit has institutional members and therefore required an association management system that could be structured to support those members, with flowdown of benefits for the individuals at those organizations. MemberSuite does that and so much more. We did not require any custom configuration during implementation or after. The customer support team is incredibly responsive and always willing to jump on a call to go over a feature or answer questions. During monthly calls with our customer support manager (CSM) we are updated on upcoming releases, changes, and have the opportunity to ask questions and discuss options.

What do you dislike?

MemberSuite has an API which is helpful for things like connecting with other systems (Higher Logic, for example). We can use the API for importing contacts (with technical support on our end) and are hoping that MemberSuite offers more control over importing soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Evaluate the key functions you need now vs. future potential.

Linking MemberSuite and our marketing automation system has given us more insight into what our members are responding to in our email communications and on our website. We've also been able to streamline our annual renewal process and use MemberSuite to sell our publications and other merchandise.

"Flexibility & Ease of Use All in One Package"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the AMS is terrific and the open API fits our needs easily and quickly. We use MemberSuite to handle the management of a wide range of events. With the open API we can easily integrate our email marketing campaigns to drive registration for our events.

What do you dislike?

With a robust and flexible system at our fingertips comes an intricate weaving of software coding. While the ability to search records is phenomenal, it has taken a long time to understand how to properly search for the data my company wishes to utilize for projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask questions. Test. Validate your data before conversion. Train everyone.

When we first sought to replace an aging event registration platform we had no idea we'd end up with a full AMS that now drives our website access thru single sign on and an AMS that integrates easily with our email marketing vendor to provide target marketing of our products and services.

Erin B.

"Onward and upward"

What do you like best?

I like the product, I am a visual leaner and I feel like i can really learn easily with the system with the right directions. The event aspect of the system is great for what we need to with our association.

What do you dislike?

I believe customer service response time can be faster and more detailed. Not getting an answer 3-4 days later is a little unacceptable. Lets get better here! As they are talking in the general sessions about pictures or screenshots, it would be nice to get those also, i have not.

Fast regsitration time.

Laura W.

"MemberSuite is a great value!"

What do you like best?

MemberSuite is a perfect solution for our association and a great value for the money. We just recently went live with the platform and have all our staff up to speed on how to use most of the features. The implementation team was very thorough in getting the platform set up for our specifications and taught us how to create custom fields and customize the customer records, so we can continue to customize the experience for our unique association needs. I would highly recommend this AMS!

What do you dislike?

System updates can break some features, but the staff are responsive to addressing the issue.

We are now able to more effectively track our organizational members and all the individuals connected to each organization. We are also utilizing the event registration, committee and fundraising modules. The Advanced Search function is extremely helpful to be able to report out on project and to mine our data.

Michelle J.

"Great company"

What do you like best?

The staff are passionate, knowledgable and friendly. They are hardworking, have had to solve a lot of problems remotely and are very patient.

What do you dislike?

Its taken a long time to go live. This is my 2nd Engage and we still haven't gone live.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your homework, break down all of your processes and get a clear picture of what you want.

Cutting down on paperwork, combining all of our databases, streamlining processes.

"Membersuite AMS"

What do you like best?

I love the open API and the overall flexibility and configurability of the software. It is flexible and helped us consolidate appx. 10 data silos. They have a good support team in general and they have quality customer success reps/support, and I have really great insight into our data and can mine it in many ways.

What do you dislike?

They are launching a new portal (member-facing portion of the software), and we are excited for that, as their current portal is not responsive design (the new one is).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you understand your biggest priorities and define those firs

Membership billing, including auto-renewals

Certificate and Certifications management

CRM and lead/prospect tracking

Custom tracking of internal program-specific data

Event registration

Business Intelligence

Lakisha B.

"Very happy with our AMS"

What do you like best?

Customer Service!! Ability to customize the software to our exact needs, innovation, always making improvements and looking at customers for ideas and solutions.

What do you dislike?

Had a few hiccups with the system a few months back but rectified it promptly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The customer service is outstanding. The owner is very personally invested in the success of the company, the employees, and the end-users. They are constantly upgrading and implementing new things into the software which we love.

We manage all individual and corporate level memberships, sell all of our publications and branded items, as well as registration within the system. Moving to MS allowed us to use API with our 3rd party systems to validate memberships for pricing.

Learn more about MemberSuite

MemberSuite Videos

Learning about MemberSuite?

* We monitor all MemberSuite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.0