Mediaocean Scope Reviews & Product Details

AM
What do you like best?

I like the ability of being able to combine reports, create web queries, and switch between accounts and platforms in one central location. I work on a large B2B client that is running on 3 platforms with 40+ accounts on Twitter & LinkedIn. By using 4C I am able to navigate to the proper pages in each region. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the platform isn't constantly updating like the native platforms as sometimes I forget to download or refresh the data. When I forget to take this action, it can add time onto my day to day projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have gotten so much time back due to the ability to use web queries for automated reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mediaocean Scope Overview

What is Mediaocean Scope?

Scope is the leading Closed Ecosystems Platform (CEP) for marketers to gather intelligence and drive business outcomes. The world's leading brands trust Scope to surface insights about their most valuable consumers and activate them across screens. With more than $2 billion in annualized advertising spend running through the platform, Scope bridges linear television, streaming video, digital commerce, and social media. Scope is part of the Mediaocean product portfolio. Visit https://www.4cinsights.com/scope/ for more information.

Mediaocean Scope Details

4C powers Mediaocean Scope, the only self-serve platform for audience intelligence, activation, and analytics across channels.

Mediaocean is the modern system of record for omnichannel advertising.

Mediaocean
1967
New York, NY
@TeamMediaocean

Mediaocean Scope Videos

Mediaocean Scope Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Mediaocean Scope community
Have you used Mediaocean Scope before?

Mediaocean Scope Reviews

Showing 255 Mediaocean Scope reviews
Already have Mediaocean Scope?
Social Media Manager
Regional Supervisor, Paid Social
What do you like best?

4C is an excellent partner that has made executional work much more seamless as we are able to mass produce our campaign creation cross-publisher within one location. We have also been able to leverage the platform for their innovative product features that are not available within the native UI and have delivered tremendous results for our clients. In addition to the platform, the 4C team themselves are incredible to work with. We have given lots of feedback on tools that we use or would like to use and the 4C team has immediately provided that feedback to the product team and delivered a solution for us. They are amazing to work with! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike about the platform is that we have to download the accounts every-time we login and it takes several minutes but I do understand why this needs to happen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Leverage their targeting!! They have innovative targeting tactics that are very seamless to incorporate and drive great results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

4C has resolved having us manually pace our accounts and also send our reporting that our client needs to receive over the weekend. Their pacing dashboard is always accurate in providing us where we are in terms of spend and also in terms of KPI goal. In regards to reporting, our client needed us to send out weekend reports for multiple platforms that would take quite some time to pull. With 4C, I am able to use their cross-publisher reporting feature and schedule the delivery on Saturday AMs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social Trader
What do you like best?

The team at 4C have made launching paid media campaigns so much more streamlined and easy! Not only is the platform easy to learn and keeps all our platforms in the same space, the customer service and help that they provide are a huge asset as well! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As with all platforms, there are some bugs here and there, but the bright side is that they are usually quickly fixed and have good communication with the 4C team about the status of those errors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing my campaigns with 4C saves so much time from going in and out of all our native platforms. And it also helps our team all stay on the same page and have more clarity into each other's work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

4C allows us to set up various parameters to ensure that we are making tactful, data-driven, and audience-focused media buying decisions. They are also very responsive teams, always being available to assist me and new team members in ramping up and utilizing the platform to the best ability possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

LinkedIn platform integration needs tidying up. Other than that I have no complaints on the platform. They integrate into Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter quite nicely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to make data-driven optimizations to your media buying 4C is the way to go! 4C has allowed us to make campaign optimizations and real-time scheduling across multiple media buying outlets by using their proprietary software. 4C has also been an incredible asset in training new team members in the functionalities of purchasing media on Paid social. Due to the layout of the campaign manager 4C has given us time back at our desks because we are able to optimize, schedule, and report on campaigns that we are running or planning to run.

4C audience has also been vital in the planning of large brand incitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling ads within various platforms via 4C smart groups, real-time media buying optimizations, setting up ads using smart audiences. We are also utilizing 4C to keep track of multiple pillars of business running across various platforms and ad units. 4C has been a lifesaver in ensuring specific incentives are being done in a timely and cost-efficient manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how clean and simple it looks to the eye. A lot of the native platforms are very hard on the eye and confusing to navigate so we like the way 4C's UI is set up. I also like that i am able to pull a report cross platforms easily. We use the report center a lot and this is a feature we can't use directly in the native platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

BUGS! constant glitches! and as a result of these constant glitches having to re-upload a campaign doubling sometimes tripling the upload time of a campaign. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We love having the report center generating web queries to auto populate reports. Also having API access so we are able to have features in our product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

bulk changes to ads makes campaigns super easy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

so many buttons sometimes the tools are overwhelming Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

making my tasks and job more efficent Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

4C is fantastic at providing a concise page through which to gather and analyze data across campaigns and platforms in one convenient location. It is accurate and trustworthy, and I have never had problems trusting the data that it provides me. Its tools (both for activation and for reporting) are right up there with the native ads managers, and in some cases its features surpass the native environments. It is always releasing new, useful features that continue to improve the experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The page can sometimes be buggy and encounter problems when loading data. This can often prompt page refreshes or delays in acquiring needed data, slowly down the reporting process and sometimes making me employ the native ads manager instead. Additionally, the UX is not as intuitive as I feel it could be, although it has gotten better Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

4C has been fantastic in helping us work through pacing and campaign tracking. They have provided great resources for helping us accomplish our goals. There are still some question marks in using them with the Opal integration, but all parties are working hard to ensure the issue is resolved in a timely manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

4C makes uploading social media campaigns an expedited and uniform process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are definitely some bugs to the platform at times and they can be very frustrating to the process. There are also some limitations with targeting that would be useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great way to consolidate social media advertising across platforms and to add scheduling. There are some platform limitations, but it can expedite a lot of processes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

4C provides innovative targeting capabilities that I can implement into my campaigns within seconds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Media buying platforms are constantly making updates, which can occasionally cause newly released features to not be present in 4C for a short time. However, 4C is always keeping up with the latest additions and is constantly enhancing their platform (emails and additional training is provided with bigger releases). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Understand the vast capabilities 4C has all in one tool. We have multiple people leveraging 4C for various reasons (Facebook, Pinterest, OTT, Amazon, overall channel reporting, etc). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating the ideal audience can be challenging with unique, high AOV product categories like our business has. 4C allows me to easily search and add in relevant audiences to our campaigns. I also like have multiple channels synced into the platform to review performance cross-channel. This has helped enhance the efficiency of our digital marketing strategy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Digital Marketing
What do you like best?

Being able to use the platform in multiple channels as well as using sophisticated audience data. Started with Social Media and grew this channel. Now growing Amazon and OTT with them. Great team in Chicago office Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

not being able to target local TV in OTT channel Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great price and service to test and grow with your Brand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing co-op budgets in paid social and growing amazon ads as well as OTT Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Social Media Trader
What do you like best?

I think the Pinterest platform and the fact that we can bulk upload pins. These feature has saved a lot of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the Facebook integration can be expanded on. Right now we're having a lot of issues with complex campaigns. With some Facebook features, I'm just not able to use 4C at all. Our current reps are aware of this and have brought this up. We're not able to connect ad campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bulk uploading has helped a LOT. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

I like that 4C is a unified interface to manage all my social campaigns. I also think their pacing dashboard meets my and my clients needs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish 4C would make improvements on their Smart Groups and automated action technology. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Assess your marketing social needs, and ensure you understand fully the scope of what Smart Groups can and cannot do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've started to use Scope and 4C planning tools as part of our integrated planning process. We also use their pacing dashboard and are working with them on product improvements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

On 4C there are solutions for majority of the problems one may encounter in the social media world. I personally loved it for ad scheduling and for creative rotations. I also loved being able to pull data across the platforms we delivered on to get a holistic view of the brand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface. It takes awhile to get used to the platform. I often found myself unable to return to a tool that I had previously used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Change your UI for a better user experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ad scheduling, pin creation, reporting, pacing, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My favorite part of 4C is the ability to create and save reports and easily edit them. It makes client requests for data super quick and easy. It also helps for larger cross publisher requests. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think 4C has made a lot of awesome updates since the last time I took a survey and what not. I think the only thing I dislike is that I would like to be able to just click in line rather than having to filter up top each time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use if want ease of reporting and ease of quickly looking at metrics and accurate cost pers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Definitely reporting needs. Reporting is so much is easier and again that's for sure a benefit. Yesterday I was asked to pull metrics for Twitter across Q1. I already had a report generated and was able to provide the report to the person who asked for it within 5 minutes. This makes our team look efficient and gives more time back to the people in need of the report. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

4C is an easy to use platform that allows for easy social activation and management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The continued need for downloading across partners creates a time lag. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

4C has fixed many problems with clunky social platforms to more efficiently create campaigns/ads and traffic them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Fantastic customer support and service - very responsive to help troubleshoot when issues arise, and very helpful at being proactive to avoid potential issues down the road. Platform is speedy, customizable, and we've had a great dialog to help develop new features/capabilities to enhance workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly can't think of anything major - they've been an excellent partner working with us so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Enhancing workflow, speeding up time for optimization, and leveraging new technology to better target our consumers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

It saves you a lot of time by offering you features that the native platform does not offer, for example, LinkedIn, you cannot make massive edits or create ads in bulk so I use Scope to do so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is laking some features for Facebook and twitter, for example it doesn't support carrousels, or DPAs to create ads in bulk. For Twitter I don't see a great difference that drives me to use Scope rather than the native platform because In twitter ads editor you can create or edit ads in bulk easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can save time and effort to build campaigns in social platforms like LinkedIn Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time efficiency for LinkedIn campaigns and ads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Using the platform to view data from multiple social channels, reporting functions, audience data insights, data-driven campaign optimizations, and more. 4C is always striving to update its platform with the latest features used in media. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can only remove archived campaigns if you use the "filter to selection" function. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

4C enables us to manage paid social campaigns all in one place. The R/F alerts feature has successfully helped us lower CPMs when booking campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

4C has been a key driver of performance on my account. We have used other similar services and the quality and ease doesnt compare to 4C. We are on the verge of possibly being forced to use another vendor and we are working closely with our vendor team and engineers to prove that 4C is best for our account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The team has encountered a few issues with bulk uploads as our account is pretty massive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The team has been able to steamline pacing and we have time to optimize and think of new ideas to improve the account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Since I use 4C most for pulling reports, I like that I can access data from all platforms in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is so much that 4C offers, I sometimes get overwhelmed as I feel as though I am not using the service to it's full potential. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of office hours in order to learn as much about the platform as you can. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to manage pacing of campaigns in an efficient manner. I can automate results and have them sent to clients, eliminating manual data pulls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Director, Paid Social
What do you like best?

Intuitive UI experience with solutions-based reporting features. The team builds the platform to meet your needs and is eager to help wherever is needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI doesn't add any benefits to campaign builds. Its often easier to build campaigns within their native UI. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Primarily reporting. The R/F tool to decrease CPMs is also helpful. We also primarily use 4C to manage Pinterest campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Their reporting tool is powerful - connecting all the engines into one place. And also you can ingest third party data (e.g. google analytics or adobe analytics data), so you can optimize against those! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to see more analytics features or reports in the future! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As an analyst, I use 4C to generate reports and provide recommendation on media optimization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

4C continuously develops their platform with new features like TV Planner, URL Builder, and Brand Compass which are new features recently released. They use a simple user friendly interface that makes activating/managing campaigns on social a simple process similar to how you would build the campaigns within Facebook or Twitter. There are also added features that increase the value of using 4C as opposed to social alone. One example of this is the TV sync feature which lets you synchronize your ads to when TV ads air for maximum awareness around your competitors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The uploading and downloading process can be cumbersome sometimes. The synchronization doesn't always work. The addition of smart groups adds unnecessary complication to the process, I think if they just simplified it, it would be better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Work with the account reps with any question you have on the platform. Sometimes the platform is complicated, it's their job to guide you to solve your unique business problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The TV sync feature allows us to be more in line with our competitors who use traditional tv advertising. This has increased our CTR and social engagement rates because we are getting in front of the right audiences. It also helps us set up campaigns faster than we would on the actual platform themselves due to the intuitive nature of the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Very helpful client success managers that coach you the whole way through. They are great and always jump in whenever needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are often bugs in the system that create delays in setting campaigns live Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep working out bugs and working to solve support tickets as fast as possible Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Workload Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

The ability to quickly make changes to platforms that aren't very well built out (Snapchat, Twitter, etc.). Like the ability to easily duplicate items across campaigns, and again especially for platforms that lack that ability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it isn't any faster to do tasks in 4C. Example: Facebook has added a find and replace feature, so I can quickly alter campaign, Adset, and Ad names with out needing to log in through 4C.

Separate, I'd love to be able to use creative hub, but need Instagram previews to be able to render out prior to being able to do so.

Don't love the reporting hub. I've been walked through it many times, but it's just not a great place to look at reporting. Would love an easier view of reporting within the UI, that i could then easily export similar to how DoubleClick and Marin are set up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pushing our 3rd party audiences through it. As mentioned above, we would like to use the creative hub to help improve our creative approval process with our client and creative agency. The current issue is that Instagram stories do not render out properly in a preview, so we can't use the platform. If added, we'd be able to use 4C for our entire ad approval process which would help us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.