Media Encoder CC Reviews & Product Details

Owner, Marketing & Sales, Logistics

"Excellent Media Conversion/Outputting Solution - Adobe Media Encoder CC"

What do you like best?

The ease at converting various video and audio formats to be usable on a number of different technologies and platforms.

What do you dislike?

I have not negative for this product. Very simple to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent Product...

I received many different types of video and audio files from customers (primarily website customers). They need these files to play correctly online and in various lecture/auditorium presentations. I have not found any file types that Media Encoder will not convert.

What is Media Encoder CC?

Deliver brilliant video content for web, broadcast and cinema with Media Encoder CC. Tight integration with Premiere Pro CC provides a seamless workflow, including handy presets for a broad range of formats.

Media Encoder CC Screenshots

Media Encoder CC Profile Details

Media Encoder CC Profile Details

Adobe
Description
Adobe (NASDAQ: ADBE) deals in digital media, digital marketing, and printing and publishing software with over 14,000 employees and $4.4 billion in revenue.
1982

1-50 of 82 total Media Encoder CC reviews

Media Encoder CC Reviews

1-50 of 82 total Media Encoder CC reviews
Media Specialist

"So close, but not quite"

What do you like best?

I do a ton of batch exports, and this is the best tool for a premiere workflow. When I'm exporting 50+ files at once, it's nice to be able to send files to Encoder, and then still be able to use Premiere. I even will export files in Media Encoder when just doing one or two files, just to be able to go back into premiere and keep working at the same time. It's a nice convenience thing.

What do you dislike?

I have two problems with media encoder. The first is that you can't set the export location for all the files in the queue at once. It frequently defaults to the last place I exported files, which is often not where I want them to go. It's a huge chore to have to go back and do that for individual files.

My other struggle is when using custom LUTs in Premiere. I have found that media encoder frequently incorrectly applies or ignores the LUTs that I have used.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I use this for direct linking with Premiere. I prefer Handbrake for shrinking files or converting them if they are separate from Premiere.

I'm a video editor by trade, so Media Encoder enables me to be more efficient when exporting, especially when my job often requires a lot of versioning and delivery of different formats for each project. It also allows me to save time when batch exporting stock clips.

Digital/Field Producer & Social Media Consultant/Manager - ME TIME WITH FRANGELA
Entertainment

"Lifesaver for anyone working on multiple projects at once"

What do you like best?

The benefit of media encoder is obvious-- you can export as many projects as you want in the background while you keep working. While this can slow down your machine, at the end of the day, it generally works pretty well, and I use an old MacBook Pro and don't generally-speaking have any problems with it. It's fairly straightforward and easy to use, and gives you access to any export settings you could possibly want.

What do you dislike?

I think the simple features, like choosing where a file goes, which export setting apply to a file, etc. are sometimes a bit overcomplicated. Even though it's a batch software, there are many functionalities that you should be able to batch, but for some reason or another, you can't.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend taking a moment to learn the layout, and making sure your default file location makes sense for you. If you like certain export settings, I also recommend building a default so you can use it again and again. I usually send things there via Premiere rather than directly on Media Encoder.

I often produce as many as 10 videos per day, and my day is greatly sped up by giving me the option to batch export in the background and keep working. I also am able to leave file conversions running overnight, and let the computer do the work for me instead of having to sit and wait for exports, which I have certainly had to do in the past.

"Media Encoder is great for exporting more than one video over time, but it crashes often."

What do you like best?

It is great to be able to queue up multiple videos in Encoder at once, and then I can just leave it and continue either in Premiere or other applications I am working in, without having to go back to export each video individually.

What do you dislike?

Media Encoder tends to crash about 50% of the time I use it— especially when I queue up an export, and then go back to working in Premiere. Often times, I simply have to queue up one or two videos to export, and then leave the computer completely alone without touching anything else. I always keep the application updated, so it really shouldn't be crashing this much.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Media Encoder is incredibly useful and convenient when it works properly.

Exporting multiple versions of a videos, as well as using Encoder to create proxies in Premiere for smoother editing function.

Video Producer

"Saves my life all the time!"

What do you like best?

The best feature in Encoder is the mass amounts of videos that it can crank out. You are able to load up as many videos as you want and set each one to encode differently. The encoding process doesn't have to stop when loading in more videos. It's great to have any project from any Adobe product easily open Encoder when directed. I love that you can even remove items from the queue when you catch a mistake in your project.

What do you dislike?

There are times when it get's buggy but that's nothing too terrible. It can be slow to open at times when you bump it through other programs like Premiere or After Effects. I do wish there was a simple "delete" button to get things out of your queue instead of the minus symbol.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great solution to those who would like to continue working without having the export slow you down. Encoder is a workhorse, all you exports will load up the queue and you can edit the codec even while its exporting previous items.

Encoder has solved the entire exporting process. I can continue to work in Premiere and After Effects smoothly all the while my videos that are ready, are exporting away in Encoder. It doesn't slow down the other programs in the least bit. You can even move your videos within the queue if you need a certain thing to export first.

Freelance Graphic Designer

"Good for queuing but not always capable of finding all the files"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can make a list of things to render all at once and walk away. It's also great that you get to keep using programs while it renders, albeit a bit slower. It's also faster at rendering than the program itself most of the time.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it sometimes doesn't find all the files necessary to render a complete video. Sometimes it can't find a background or transition that is clearly useable if you render from Premiere, but it won't show up in the encoder. But at least it gives a warning if it won't do the complete video perfectly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great addition to the Adobe software and it's been around for a long time. I would suggest checking for warning icons before your final queue render, but otherwise it is a top notch product abling you to keep working on your projects and then render when you have a break from work and come back to a full list of renders completed.

We've solved the problem of not having to render just one file at a time which allows us to queue a bunch of stuff and walk away. It saves a ton of time, allowing us to work on a bunch of things, queue them and keep working and then at the end of the day you can just hit render, go home and come back the next day and have all your renders finished.

Lead Video Editor

"Excellent tool, even for beginners"

What do you like best?

Media Encoder makes it easy to convert files from nearly any format to nearly any format. It's interface is clear and straightforward and even better- it works with nearly all of the Adobe authoring tools like Premiere and After Effects.

Media encoder can be a lifesaver when it comes to converting lots of files or archiving footage. I use it on a daily basis. It also makes converting files for the web (facebook, Youtube) easy for anyone, not jus the tech savvy.

The best part of Media encoder is the ability to continue rendering while still working in Premiere or other programs. So basically I can render a show, and then go on working on my next show. Saves on downtime.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easy tool for timecode burn in or extremely lightweight profiles for proxies. I have to still sometimes use Episode because it doesn't have as many options.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Add more options for effects (timecode burn-in/timecode conversion) and other metadata tools.

We use media encoder for converting files for the web, sending to clients and exporting from AfterEffects. It also allows us to be rendering while still working on something else in premiere.

"Great Encoder Software for Creative Cloud"

What do you like best?

It's fast and lightweight, offering a wide variety of formats and codecs. You can send a project or file directly from After Effects and Premiere, giving it an edge over other encoders like Compressor and Handbrake. It's very stable and provides many common presets. Creating new presets is a painless process and the app gives you fine grain control over the output settings.

What do you dislike?

The lack of a few codecs has frustrated me in the past, but there's always an alternative. Sometimes it takes a while for a project sent from After Effects of Premiere to show up in the render queue. I've waited almost 5 minutes for a larger project to appear.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great encoder that plays nicely with Premiere and After Effects. It's fast and easy to use!

Fast encoding with ease, multiple formats and export options. I can continue working while a render is in progress, saving me lots of time while working.

Independent Contractor
Computer & Network Security

"My Media Encoder Experience"

What do you like best?

I like how it can export anything from the Adobe Suite into any file format you want. It comes in very useful when i'm trying to export it for various uses like triple projection set up, normal screens, led screens and more.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how theres no background rendering where I can work on the project and if theres any updates, it wont reflect on the final export, so you have to render it again after the export finishes, so that gets frustrating sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There's no other program close to the Adobe Creative Suite, and media encoder is definitely something you want to have in your arsenal of apps.

Making creative videos for non-profit organizations, and trying to build a bigger audience through marketing and branding.

Motion Graphics Specialist

"Deceptively Simple Video Encoder"

What do you like best?

I like that Adobe Media Encoder CC is dynamically linked to Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects, so I can export a video without an intermediate stage, to the desired format.

What do you dislike?

I think that the encoding presets for YouTube and Vimeo could be improved slightly, as sometimes it triggers recompression which reduces quality for viewers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You may need to tweak the presets for YouTube to get the best encoding, especially for 4K, as they don't match Google's recommended settings.

I use Adobe Media Encoder CC to encode my final output from both Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects. By having a dynamic link from these programs, I am able to save many hundreds of gigabytes of disk space and maintain optimal quality by not having an intermediate stage in the encoding process that requires uncompressed video.

Director Of Photography
Motion Pictures and Film

"Buggy as all get out, but still a workhorse. "

What do you like best?

The ability to stack a cue of videos and leave it running is fantastic. It makes me more efficient with my time, and eases the process of exporting a large number of videos simultaneously. Exporting out of premiere, you can only export one video at a time, and you can't do anything else in the background. The cross integration of Premiere Pro and Media Encoder is one of Adobe's strong points.

What do you dislike?

The latest iteration is the buggiest yet. It’s really tough to get through a whole cue without errors. I've had a frustrating number of errors lately, and I've had to go back and individually export out these videos from Premiere or cue them again and check my work, wasting more time than I would have if I had just exported them individually from Premiere in the first place.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be careful. Monitor exports carefully. Efficient, but full of bugs and errors in the past couple versions. I appreciate the functionality of Media Encoder greatly. It is a wonderful program when it runs well. I hope Adobe will fix a lot of these errors in the next couple versions. I have a lot of hope for Adobe, but the last couple version have been a little rough as far as number of bugs, and failed exports.

Time is money! And when Media Encoder CC is working correctly, it saves a lot of time. It enables me to work in the background in premiere when Media Encoder is exporting, and also frees me up to go and work on other things while a large cue is running in the background.

Motion Graphics Designer

"Great for rendering and conversion"

What do you like best?

Allows me to render videos while continuing to work in After Effects (which is impossible if one uses AE's rendering feature). Also great for converting/compressing video files using virtually every codec/format under the sun.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes can take a long time to get going, renders will sometimes fail unexpectedly

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In my experience, rendering using GPU acceleration works much faster than Software Only, but your mileage may vary depending on your graphics card. Try both methods and see which works better for you.

As a motion graphics designer, I need Media Encoder to deliver files to clients who have very specific requirements when it comes to file format, bitrate, codec and audio compression. After Effects' rendering feature does not have nearly as much customization as Media Encoder does.

UF
(Myself Only)

"Capable, but sometimes buggy. "

What do you like best?

I often find myself using Premier, or After Effects. To export, I use Adobe Media Encoder. The file format options are plentiful, and the software is well rounded. Even beginners can feel relatively at home in just a few minutes.

What do you dislike?

Over time, I've found the software to be a bit buggy. While I'd say it works 90% of the time, files I send from other Adobe programs in the suite fail to transfer over, and I find myself having to "send" the file more times than I would like. It also crashes on occasion, something that is of a rarity with the other Adobe programs I use.

Media Encoder offers a median to export my creative works. Nothing more to it.

"Small, fast, powerful"

What do you like best?

Adobe Media Encoder is essential if you work with After Effects or edit in Premiere, but even if you don't, it's still a powerful little media manager. I love having the ability to set watch folders for projects that require a lot of ripping from the internet. And the ability to export from Premiere or After Effects while still being able to work in them is a real time saver.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to be able to designate a place for the processed watch clips to go, and it would be great to have a watch folder look at subfolders as well. At my job we increment our assets folders by day, which means setting up a new watch folder each day.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Media Encoder is a must have if you work in Adobe's Creative Cloud.

We use Media Encoder to export postings for clients, as well as to transcode clips from the internet if we're working on a project sourced from multiple different locations.

Artist
Aviation & Aerospace
(Myself Only)

"Dedicated tool for exporting media files. "

What do you like best?

The queue is handy, and integrates with both Premiere and After Effects. It becomes especially useful if you also use the rest of the Adobe Suite for video editing, as the integrations are good and only keep getting better.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike. Perhaps my use of the tool is narrow, but it seems so straight forward, as it is intended to do just one thing well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a straightforward tool for the job. It does exactly what it says. It encodes media. If you are serious about video editing, and plan to use the Adobe Suite, then Media Encoder is just a must. I am not sure if you can purchase Media Encoder as a standalone application, but it could still be useful as a media converter.

We've used media encoder to export After Effects projects as well as from Premiere. In some cases it is for larger comps, and in other cases batching many files when trimming down source media. Though, I don't think we'll have much of a choice as it seems Adobe is moving the export functions of Premiere and After Effects on to Media Encoder.

(10,001+ employees)

"Media Encoder"

What do you like best?

Media encoder is a great tool for ingesting, transcoding, creating proxies. One of my favorite things about media encoder is the ability to output multiple different flavors of one sequence at one time. You can also set presets to have it automatically upload to certain video sites, i.e. Youtube and Vimeo.

What do you dislike?

One of the only downsides i've found is, potentially, the need to watch a tutorial or two, just to fully understand everything Media Encoder can do for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to find tips and tricks to be able to fully utilize everything Media Encoder can offer. This can be very useful as well when working in larger companies to utilize their creative clouds team projects features

We used to Squeeze, but now that adobe has media encoder, we've used this to transcode media into whatever flavor/deliverable our client needs. It has also made life easier with it's presets, so if we need to output the same video just in different bitrates, it has presets just for that.

(Myself Only)

"Media Encoder CC - A must-have encoder for videos"

What do you like best?

I mainly use it in combination with After Effects; It's amazing to be able to throw all the renders in the background, so I can keep working on my projects at the same time.

I appreciate the possibility to queue several videos.

Great and useful selection of export presets; Good and easy customization of the presets, too.

What do you dislike?

The rendering velocity is not the best one out there, and a few annoying bugs: sometimes a render will crash for no apparent reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider using this software in case you deal with video encoding/compression on a daily basis: you can export a batch of videos at once and keep working and editing videos at the same time.

Media Encoder CC helps me rendering videos and animation for a good amount of various platforms (eg. YouTube, Vimeo, broadcast, Instagram) and integrates perfectly with the rest of the Adobe Creative Cloud

Creative Director

"The one stop shop for encoding video and audio"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use. I like the fact that you have a vast list of ready to use presets for encoding to the most common platforms. And the possibility to create your own and save them for later use. It's quite fast and very well linked to the other Adobe video software (Premiere and After Effects). The overlay features are a good plus.

You can keep working and the Encoder will render in the background.

What do you dislike?

The naming system for the output file project could be more flexible.

Could improve on having more file formats or codecs support.

Could improve on subtitle file support inclusion.

The interface could improve a bit more. The preset list is very extensive and sometimes is too big to navigate. Also it should be easier to save the preset file next to the project so if needed you can recall it later.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Media Encoder is a very handy and robust addition to the Adobe video family. The workflow is very easy and refined.

Fast rendering, you don't have to stop working just because you need to render a file, project, timeline or composition.

The preset system is very useful because you can personalise the specifics of the project and recall it for later use.

Video Editor

"Media Encoder CC"

What do you like best?

I love how much time Media Encoder saves. I can send several exports to this program while I continue to work on my projects. I also really like that I can change the order of my queue in case I decide that one project is more time sensitive than another.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the exports fail without a reason or pause unexpectedly. So sometimes when you think your project has been exporting for the past however long, you come back to find that it has been paused at 3%. It has been frustrating in the past and I wish that they had some sort of a sound that plays when an export is paused so that I could fix the problem before it has been sitting there for an hour. It can also take quite a long time for the program to boot up and read the export you have just sent.

I can do more with my time. Now I don't have to wait for each project to export to be able to continue working. Time = Money.

Freelance Designer
Design

"Must-have for video in Adobe CC, no DVD encoding support"

What do you like best?

The encoder is reliable and efficient. It's nice to have a single program to interface with several Adobe CC apps (After Effects, Premiere Pro, Prelude, etc.). Being able to queue up a bunch of items is awesome. You can let it run overnight or other times you're away from your computer.

What do you dislike?

The encoder has a multitude of presets (more than can fit on the screen when you open up the menu) but no support for DVD encoding. This limitation is probably less significant with each passing year as more and more laptops don't even have an optical drive. And creating DVDs and Blu-Rays is made more complicated by features like menus and captions, so perhaps it isn't fair to put this complaint here. But I when I have a client who needs a DVD (which still happens relatively often), the only option in Adobe CC is Encore CS6—a horrible program that Adobe hasn't maintained for years.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Adobe just released Media Encoder CC 2017. I am currently using Adobe Media Encoder CC 2015.3, although I have been using Media Encoder since 2013. From the release notes, it looks like the 2017 version is mostly performance and quality improvements.

For video clients, the Encoder is a natural step in the creative pathway. I do most of my video work in After Effects, so I'll render in-progress versions to upload to YouTube as unlisted videos (not searchable, but accessible to anyone with the link) for clients to check out. I also use the Encoder extensively when creating clips and subclips from longer videos in Adobe Prelude. This is an essential part of the workflow when dealing with longer clips and multiple source file formats.

Nursery and Preschool Teacher
Design

"Encoder is a powerful, easy to use program"

What do you like best?

Encoder is extremely powerful when it comes to rendering videos and animations at great speeds. An animation that takes me over an hour to make will render out in just seconds! It's pretty neat stuff. The application itself has a clean, simple layout making it easy to locate your options. You have so many options for rendering.

What do you dislike?

Honestly- I haven't found much that I dislike. Sometimes if you're batch rendering it can definitely slow down the process- however, it would be nice if Encoder could render more than one file at a time. But other than that, I don't have any issues.

Encoder has allowed me to optimize the way my videos/animations look on different devices/screens/social media platforms. Encoder allows you to render out specifically for YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, etc.

Indie Games Developer
Computer Games

"One of the best Video Converter / Media Encoder available on the market"

What do you like best?

+ Extremely user friendly and efficient;

+ Recognizes multiple input formats and allows multiple output formats;

+ Many format presets available;

+ Very high quality;

+ Supports "CUDA" for really faster conversions (if you have a compatible graphics card, I recommend using this option, because it is worth);

+ Many options to improve video quality and conversion (recommended for beginners and professionals);

+ Great hardware compatibility;

+ Excellent integration with other Adobe apps;

+ You can test the full version for 30 days for free;

What do you dislike?

- It can be a little heavy if you don't have a decent graphics card or processor (but is really hard to fnd a super light media converter);

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recomend that you get a compatible graphics card from nVidia or AMD or any other compatible graphics card. Thus the media conversions will be done really quickly. You can also use your processor to do this service, but the efficiency decreases a little.

You can check graphics card compatibility list on Adobe's site.

And if you decide to use a compatible graphics card, don't forget to change the option on main screen on says "Renderer" to: Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA).

it helps me a lot with my game trailers. A make a capture from my games running them a make aditional animations and export the trailers. And Media Encoder is really fast converting this videos for Youtube (it has really good presets for this and other platforms).

Multimedia Producer
Higher Education

"Excellent Go-To Video Compression!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use with Media Encoder is outstanding. All videos I produce are originally exported as ProRes files. Since all of our videos are generally made for the web, I use Media Encoder to compress them to H264. I've been doing this same process for about 5 years now and it has been solid.

What do you dislike?

One thing that I have noticed about Media Encoder is that it tends to be a processor hog. If I am encoding any videos while editing video on another application it does tend to slow down the process of the encoding as well as the editing software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There have been many other applications I have used in the past in terms of encoders and video compressors. Media Encoder has been the one application that has always been the most solid and easy to use. Also, the variety of codecs it offers is great too.

Using Media Encoder and always using the same preset allows me to keep all the compressed video files consistent. I am confident that when I send out the video files from Media Encoder to a client, they will have no issues in playing the video.

Entertainment

"Media Encoder Is Top Notch"

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about Media encoder is that you can throw just about any file at it, and it will convert it to a plethora of different file formats, and it will do it very quickly and efficiently. It has a bunch of customizable options to get you the exact file you're looking for.

What do you dislike?

Media Encoder seems to maybe have some trouble in the surround sound audio field. It's confusing when assigning which audio channels to which output. Sometimes all together it will not detect multiple channels therefor will not allow you to export a multi audio channel file. It seems like this should be something that could be improved upon.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Media Encoder is fantastic for encoding H264 MP4 files extremely quickly and efficiently. You can set in and out points as well if you're just needing to encode a section of your video. Great feature!

A huge benefit is Media Encoder will allow you to export to almost any kind of commercially used file format. This solves the problem of having multiple encoding applications and bouncing between two apps, if we can rely solely on Media Encoder, it simplifies our workflow and allows us to accomplish encoding tasks very quickly.

"Adobe Media Encoder is great for a variety of rendering formats"

What do you like best?

I like that you can export videos while still working in your project. this is a huge time saver. It also has just about every format that I need to render out.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can make my other programs run just a bit slower.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

it helps a lot with workflow. And sine you have to use it now in after effects and premiere you may as well learn how to utilize it.

Greatly improves time management and the ability to export formats that not all programs can do.

"Need a quick fix? "

What do you like best?

Easy, quick convenience to rewrite and decode media files for use on multiple platforms.

What do you dislike?

It lacks some functionality and usuabilty. You certainly need to know what you are doing. Not easy for a beginner user or someone not familiar with Adobe applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Let this tool work for You! It is a GREAT tool if you work It! It can be your workhorse for decoding file formats all day long!

It helps me be able to use, send and upload media in several formats and I can also make files smaller if needed as well for easier transfer. So many times I am asked for the same file but different file format or smaller size size and I need to do it quickly and on the fly.

Audio Engineer/ Editor

"Great encoding and transcoding powerhouse"

What do you like best?

Media encoder is the sleekest and most powerful option for encoding and transcoding video and audio in our workflow. The presets are updated on a timely basis, so I've never felt like the program was way behind the times on available presets. Integrates we'll with graphics rendering and makes my life easier.

What do you dislike?

Some other encoders have "more options" for file types, but most of the ones they don't have I've never needed.

Getting the right file for the right destination with the best quality.

"Easy and intuitive way to encode"

What do you like best?

Media Encoder is the perfect tool for all things export. I find that especially for social content, Media Encoder is awesome, as it's so easy to export strange or unusual aspect ratios, etc.

What do you dislike?

Going back and forth to the application, it seems that it recalibrates itself to a default export setting, when it would be nice if it would leave the latest setting you last used, since that is perhaps what you would logically be wanting to use again.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use this for any large exports you might have multiple specs for. It's very easy to use and lets you get into a lot of detail, and allows you to preview what it will look like in a nice window.

For a lot of social content we use media encoder to preview what an export will look like and export out. We also use it for its "watch folder" option - if we are working on rip videos, it's so easy to set up a watch folder and have media encoder converting the videos in the background to the Avid codec in order for fast-import. It frees up your Avid much faster and allows for MUCH better "fast-imports."

(10,001+ employees)

"Is one of the finest compression software ever"

What do you like best?

I think the fact you can get so many options and file convertion is one the best things for Media Encoder.

The flexibility of modify or adapt settings help my workflow to achieve the jobs. Every year Adobe improve constantly the sofwatre.

What do you dislike?

I think with the updates it seems that adobe remove file formats. Which to me is very anoying, when you work with web developers, who request so many file formats that you don't know or were part of the media encoder CS6 and now on Adobe Media Encoder 2015-2016 are not longer available, which force you to use other compression softwares. Iffmpg is a program that is able to make soe many files with great quality, I would like to Adobe follow them and figure how to make it better.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please familiarize with compressions, codecs and file formats, in order to understand how this software works. Compressions seems to be a very eassy job to do, but most of web developers request certain files, codecs and fomats that are not so easy to understand.

The best thing that Adobe does great if file management. Media Encoder helps you to get as many files as you can, working with the inustry standards.

Business Development and Marketing Specialist
Banking

"Simplifies encoding and exporting."

What do you like best?

Makes exporting media and encoding it very simple. It really seems like a basic product, but the background this program has to go through is incredible complex. Adobe has done a great job taking a complex process and simplifying it, as they do with most things.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the ability to download drivers straight from Media Encoder. Also it is fairly important to have an above average computer. this is not so much a dislike as a warning. If you are going into a management team to pitch getting this, be sure they understand not just any computer in the office should run this.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your going to get the adobe product sweet, and you are not needing incredibly advanced - movie quality export, then use media encoder.

I can actually export videos according to the format, and specs I need easily.

Ministry Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Sanity Saver"

What do you like best?

I love that I can continue to work with other videos exporting in the background.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I accidentally pause the export and don't realize it until quite a while after, so there is wasted time. Other than that I use it without incident.

I use in with Premiere most of the time--although I use it year-round, July-December is heavy editing and exporting for me (somewhere around 500 exports). There is no way I could finish my job and keep my sanity without Encoder!

David Grimes

"Encodes 4K with H265"

What do you like best?

I like that Adobe Media Encoder, when activated, encodes 4K video with H265.

What do you dislike?

There are long pauses when encoding starts and stops, which reduces my productive time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need H265, this software has it.

I use Adobe Media Encoder CC for encoding videocast files. I make extensive use of the 4K video encoding, which thankfully is compatible with H265 video files, so I get smaller files at the same quality. It is the only video encoder I have found so far that works with H265.

Production Technician
Religious Institutions

"Great piece of software, just keep an eye on it"

What do you like best?

I really like the ability to dump renders into the background so that it doesn't tie up the program that I am exporting from. Nothing is more frustrating that being locked out of Premiere or After Effects because you are rendering something. It's really nice to be able to export multiple things at once. It's also nice that items output at the same time. We are able to export 3 versions of our TV broadcast at once because of this. The preset functions are also really nice, especially the FTP and Vimeo options. It allows us to export and deliver content without much thought.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I have with Media Encoder is that occasionally and export will fail. It's frustrating to leave your machine for a few hours while something encodes, only to come back and see that it failed. It certainly doesn't happen often, but I am more cautious about checking up on my exports now.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The Adobe sweet is an excellent cost effective option. I highly recommend it.

This has greatly helped us with the encoding and delivery of our television broadcast as well as a plethora of other content used in house and online.

Content Creator

"A solid experience that makes my job easier."

What do you like best?

The settings are easy to modify for vendor specifications. it also accepts any variety of formats I throw in there to begin work with. And the fact that it's within the CC makes exporting very easy since I use After Effects and Premiere regularly.

What do you dislike?

While I personally hate WMV and a few other outdated codecs and exports, some of my clients are reliant on Windows technology due to the size and bureaucracy of their IT. As a result, I would like WMV and other odd formats to have options available too. If only to avoid awkward conversations or relying on online web converters that are unreliable at best.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a need to use multiple programs with the Adobe suite, especially video, Media Encoder integrates with Premiere easily to export multiple codecs and versions much faster than most export programs.

Exporting for various vendors with video, for example I have to export for Broadcast, online pre-roll, and social media. It allows me to export to all of those specs much quicker than any other program, especially with Premiere integration in importing sequences.

Technical Artist

"Fast Exports, Simple Interface"

What do you like best?

Media Encoder CC is the fastest and most efficient way to export and convert media for different platforms. Media Encoder's inter connectivity with the rest of the Creative Suite makes it the best way to export media by allowing you to queue your order of exporting when dealing with different software packages. The amount of formats available and ability to add and import presets are great.

What do you dislike?

Media Encoder CC is only hindered an inability to render files simultaneously and by a lack of Apple ProRes on PC, though this is an Apple issue, not an Adobe one. Truth be told, there is very little to dislike about Media Encoder.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Media Encoder CC is a part of the Creative Cloud service. If you are already a subscriber to this service, or are considering what platforms you should use for your video or audio productions, Media Encoder CC provides a very good argument for why you should choose the Adobe workflow.

Media Encoder CC is a vital tool to our production house. We export and convert for various platforms on a daily basis, and Media Encoder CC's reliability makes it a worry-free and painless experience. Having the ability to automate exports in a queue has sped up our production cycle exponentially.

"Media Encoder CC"

What do you like best?

I love how simple batch exports are no this program.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the loading time to open the program from scratch.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I love using media encoder CC at my workplace. Whenever an editor gives me footage that needs to get send out in different formats it is our go to program. We offline edit in premiere and the way Encoder and premiere interact is wonderful. It lets me queue multiple exports all with different settings and on top of that I'm allowed to close premiere and my exports will still render just the same. The only downside is that it's pretty much only good for that. But that's not attributed to the program's fault. for what it is encoder works perfectly. No to mention it allows you to pause exports, unlike premiere which makes you cancel.

I'm solving the usual problem of Premiere only allowing one render at a time.

Videographer, Owner
Media Production

"Lots of Options, Generally Stable Encoding"

What do you like best?

The variety of options that allow me to accurately access the needs of my video output and encode accordingly. It also allows me to continue working on edits while the render happens outside of the main editing program.

What do you dislike?

Occasional unstable encoding, but most errors come from the timeline in premeire (an unchecked frame rate, etc.)

Allowed me to queue multiple edits into the rendering bay and leave overnight instead of manually starting each render. It has been a time and resource saver. I also have been able to re-initiate renders with tweaked settings without having to reload the entire file into the encoder which is great.

GM

"Great Software, better than most other options available"

What do you like best?

Ease of use combined with all the malleability I need in an encoder. I use this software to encode and re-encode for our website, wiredrive, awards submissions and various other publications and social media. I the Presets are easy to use and customize.

The layout is logical and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there's no 'auto crop' function like there is on Handbrake. As a general rule our company doesn't like seeing letterboxing on videos unless its for a specific reason. If there was an easy tool to switch on that function I'd love it!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just start using it! The quality of the software is pretyy stunning. Its fast, its easy to use yet complex and detailed enough when I need it to be.

We've moved away from using mpeg streamclip and handbrake almost competely as Media Encoder has helped us establish a far more effective workflow from receiving a Master through to delivering it to the various output sources we use.

Director / Editor
Entertainment

"My go-to encoding software"

What do you like best?

The newest version of Media Encoder CC (2017) has all the features I like in the previous versions plus updated codecs and layout. The DCP encoding works well, and the software takes advantage of my computer's multiple cores.

What do you dislike?

The software tends to wrongly assign the surround channels when encoding a 5.1 track for DCP. The workaround for me is to encode the audio using OpenDCP but this issue certainly needs to be addressed.

I encode various video files for web and broadcast delivery. Predominantly, we output MP4 (H264) and ProRes422HQ and ProRes4444 files.

MultiMedia Producer
Higher Education

"Effective and powerful tool. "

What do you like best?

I like the batch export functionality. You can export a bunch of files in completely different formats all at once.

What do you dislike?

Some times the the output settings that I choose are not really what I wanted, but I haven't really explored all the outputs carefully.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should always consider using Media Encoder rather than just going with the defaults on your editing platform. There are many variables to worry about when it comes to compatibility and you can be sure that Adobe has ironed out those issues for you.

We have been able to solve compatibility issues by using settings that have been tested by Adobe rather than guessing and hoping that it works for the client.

Digital Media Account Coordinator