McAfee Network Security Platform Reviews & Product Details

What is McAfee Network Security Platform?

McAfee Network Security Platform is a next-generation intrusion prevention system (IPS) that redefines how organizations block advanced threats.

McAfee Network Security Platform Profile Details

1-17 of 17 total McAfee Network Security Platform reviews

McAfee Network Security Platform Reviews

1-17 of 17 total McAfee Network Security Platform reviews
(10,001+ employees)

"Great protection that is needed by your computer "

What do you like best?

It is used throughout the organization to provide network security. If you are downloading something at work that is malicious, McAfee will stop the download to prevent any malicious or harmful software from being downloaded on your computer. Furthermore, if you visit a site that may be potentially harmful to your computer, McAfee will block access to the site.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes this could slow the bandwidth

Sometimes can stop software downloads that don't deem harmful and are necessary to download

Sometimes it may block a website that isn't harmful that you want to visit because it has helpful information

Recommendations to others considering the product:

. If you're in a position at a financial company like me, where you're dealing with sensitive/private information, it's important to have this type of software to protect data.

McAfee Network Security does do what it says, and it integrates nicely with other McAfee services on your computer.

Sometimes McAfee may hinder your computer/internet performance, but maybe it's a trade-off that's worth it.

"Good IPS platform with excellent reporting -- tuning was a challenge"

What do you like best?

Overall, it was a pretty easy product to use and had many features that worked quite well. I really liked how you could customize the alerting function with specific criteria and variables so that you have only the information that you want and need. The quarantine function also worked extremely well when you needed to respond to an incident quickly.

What do you dislike?

There were some quirks with tuning and the false-positive rate was higher than I would have preferred to see. Many attacks came back as "inconclusive" which made it difficult to quickly determine the status of the event. There were also times where we would received a new signature update that would stall legitimate traffic, so I would recommend having one that is not inline for testing that is a signature set ahead of production.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good solid product with a lot of good features. They made a lot of progress moving away from a Java platform to HTML 5 so the interface has less errors, vulnerabilities, and updates. The ability to react with NSP is pretty solid, but the detection and results need some work. Having many high events with inconclusive results while sitting inline is very frustrating, hopefully this is something they have resolved in later releases.

We were able to repel many attacks and have decent visibility of our interfaces.

UP

"McAfee Network "

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed that it was fast and that it thoroughly checked my hard drive and documents for threats. It came with my laptop so I also enjoyed that it came preinstalled and that it was considered reliable enough to be standard.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that to upgrade you have to pay more for the service and product. I dislike that it may not detect every threat or that it doesn't let you know if there are hardware issues. I think it could be a much more effective product, if it did.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend that they'd include ways to detect hardware malfunctions and to have greater security blocks on websites.

I am using my laptop for every and all general purposes. From budgeting and finances to running programs to conference calls to documenting steps of the process.

C

"Good Product but Legacy Technology"

What do you like best?

McAfee NSP is an IPS solution, one of the feature I like about it is Fail-Open ports. We simply love the fact that even if my IPS is down, the traffic would traverse on the wire.

What do you dislike?

Despite being a good IPS solution, it comes with a lot of bugs, we specially faced bugs with SSL decryption and Performance Charts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please consider purchasing Platinum Support for good support services. Normal support from McAfee is very Bad.

We were solving problems like detecting and preventing intrusions with McAfee IPS.

Master's Student
(Myself Only)

"Great Anti virus software"

What do you like best?

This software has many features. I like how you can perform fast checks of your PC. I also like the quarantine feature.

What do you dislike?

It almost detect too many threats which may not be actually threats. Other than that it is a good product

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It can try working on its algorithm to improve its precision and also reduce the number of false positives while detection

I use it in my laptop for all the purposes. It also helps me prevent visiting malicious sites

Lead Generation
Market Research

"Platform to Secure your Network "

What do you like best?

Easiest and faster tool to secure your PC and when you use the internet is safe

It always scan's your computer to make sure that things are running smoothly.

What do you dislike?

Don't have anything to put up here.

If i have any will definitely put it across.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would suggest this to all the people out there.........

It has helped us to keep our file secured.

Company Owner
Public Relations and Communications

"McAfee Network Security Platform"

What do you like best?

The service is always running and has caught multiple intrusion attempts. Allows us to identify and protect vulnerabilities in our network

What do you dislike?

The program will on occasion identify sites as dangerous that are not, this can cause some aggravation

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Add additional testing and protection for hardware vulnerabilities

The service has helped us repel attacks to our network as well as test our vulnerability.

UL

"McAfee"

What do you like best?

That it is constantly running and making sure that certain things you download or open on the internet is safe and not a risk and that it is always scanning your computer to make sure that things are running smoothly

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it states that site you are going to is a risk but you know that it definitely isn’t and you have to confirm that it is okay to open

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Customer support is very helpful

Making sure we do not get hacked and that employees aren’t opening up website they aren’t supposed to

Company Owner
Entertainment

"The Security System is best for most computers"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it finds threats before they are considered a threat.

What do you dislike?

It always have pop -ups and or pop-ups while I am using the computer

I am solving the removal of viruses and safety of any website that I am going on.

(Myself Only)

"Perfect program for the security of your computer "

What do you like best?

It was a plus that this was already installed on my computer when I got it! I like that my computer runs faster and it searches deep in my hard drive for viruses and attacks.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It’s a good software to have on your computer!

Security wise, it’s just what I need to protect my computer. I run this at least once a month, sometimes more for added check ups on security. It hasn’t failed me yet!

Domestic senior agent
Telecommunications

"Mcafree review"

What do you like best?

It makes my computer running faster while I am working.

What do you dislike?

Nothing it is great tool and software.

To prevent hackers from attacking our system and compromising our customers data.

"McAfee rules"

What do you like best?

I have used McAfee for as long as I have owned a personal computer. It provides all the necessary functions for security on any device.

What do you dislike?

you have to remember to schedule certain scans or else it can interrupt some of your activities

In regards to keeping out viruses, spam, and cookies, McAfee helps out with all those issues

"Info wasn’t protected but internet browser was not"

What do you like best?

It notified me when there was a potential threat most of the time.

What do you dislike?

I’m not sure that it prevented all viruses from attacking my laptop, as my google chrome seemed to have a virus.

It prevented data on my direct harddrive from being corrupted or compromised.

"Average"

What do you like best?

It's easy to find the functions I need to perform.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't do things automatically like I like.

It keeps my computer safe. I've only used it for a few months and I didn't have any issues.

"keep your network safe"

What do you like best?

A very seamless solution to keep your hardware safe.

What do you dislike?

there's not enough support for the cloud

Recommendations to others considering the product:

keep an open mind when trying it out at first.

keeps data secured across all online, and virtual environments

(10,001+ employees)

"Reliable software for network security"

What do you like best?

Easy to implement and can be shared across multiple users

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it cannot fix all bugs like email spam etc

Overall user computer security and protection from virus

"Protection that Your Computer needs"

What do you like best?

Easy to deploy across computers for network security

What do you dislike?

Can slow computers down. May block websites that are not harmful

na

8.8
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.0*
* Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDPS) Category
Do you work for McAfee Network Security Platform?