Mailchimp All-in-One Marketing Platform Reviews & Product Details

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Support; deliverability; free version (still) gives quite some possibilities for small companies to get started with email marketing, the fact it has been around for long and features and workings feel familiar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some features that are being added (beyond email marketing) are not truly helpful for the more advanced marketer; the fact that the monkey jokes (excuse me, I got to take this! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5C6X9vOEkU) have disappeared. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Generate (GDPR-proof) audiences and be able to reach them via neat emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mailchimp All-in-One Marketing Platform Overview

What is Mailchimp All-in-One Marketing Platform?

Mailchimp’s all-in-one Marketing Platform helps small businesses market smarter so you can grow faster. As the backbone for your customer relationships, they provide AI-powered, user-friendly tools anyone can use to be successful. Mailchimp puts your audience at the center so you can send marketing emails and automated messages, create targeted ad campaigns, build landing pages, send postcards, facilitate reporting and analytics, and sell online. Millions of businesses and individuals - from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies - trust Mailchimp to connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place. Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta, GA, Mailchimp has 1000+ employees and is privately held.

Mailchimp All-in-One Marketing Platform Details
Afrikaans, Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Irish, Hebrew, Hindi, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Central Khmer, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Serbian, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Maltese

Turn audience insights into personalized marketing with a platform that gets smarter over time.

Mailchimp
2001
Atlanta, GA
@MailChimp
1,210 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business.

Mailchimp All-in-One Marketing Platform Videos

Answer a few questions to help the Mailchimp All-in-One Marketing Platform community
Have you used Mailchimp All-in-One Marketing Platform before?

Mailchimp All-in-One Marketing Platform Reviews

Showing 4,394 Mailchimp All-in-One Marketing Platform reviews
Showing 4,394 reviews
Already have Mailchimp All-in-One Marketing Platform?
Supply Chain Specialist
What do you like best?

Mailchimp is very easy to use and has a free option for freelance or people starting their business or community. I tried other mailing software but Mailchimp is the one that gives more options on free and starter accounts. It offers segmentation options, automatization and what I love the most are the templates for any kind of mailing campaign. It helps a lot with newsletters to easily send them, track the reading and opening, and growing the subscribers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there could be more customization with adjusting the picture sizes to the exact size I want within the frame. It's definitely something I have had to work around Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Generally speaking, Mailchimp has been the best email answer for our business. It was extremely simple to learn for our group. It is instinctive and, most awesome aspect all, free for all the highlights we require! I have not had any issues with it. I love the following and the simplicity of keeping numerous rundowns Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has free choices for my own activities, and I think that its simple to utilize uncommonly with the email layouts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

Mailchimp does what it does best and more! In my past job life, I had used Sendgrid but after using Mailchimp, I never looked back. Also, what I like is that Mailchimp includes all of these added benefits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of any. Everything is very user friendly and effective. The only thing that may be a drawback is the number of bounces or flags we get on emails because, since Mailchimp is such a big name, a lot of email providers block messages from entering our clients' inboxes. I also wish there was a desktop software that can download to work offline and that Mailchimp worked better with Google Drive and other services we use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just give it a try. The risk is really low with this software so there really isn't that much to lose. Once you become more comfortable with the software, consider eliminating other services that overlap with Mailchimp. While it might be slightly concerning that Mailchimp all in one hasn't been around as long as others in the industry, it does have a lot of experience when it comes to email automation and user-friendly interfaces. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have streamlined a lot of things to go through Mailchimp, which in turn, has saved us money. We were even able to stop using Canva and really tailor our social media graphics to fit our brand and our needs. For a decent price per month, you get a lot of services and features. I also realized early on that it is very easy to use and really streamlines the process to get our message across to potential prospects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Mailchimp All-in-One Marketing Platform
Application Development Analyst
What do you like best?

A&B campaigns is best feature to understand your prospects.

Easy to use for non developers as they can create landing pages,Email templates,Email designer Etc.

Autoresponders is best to use if you are looking for the engagement.

Feedback feature is helping to improve my services.

Automation for your campaigns and playing with reports is always one.

User friendly and best UI if you compare with other tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They do have free plan but with less contacts and paid plan is little high when you compare with other products.

Less in templates section, so you need always build your own templates and which is time consuming sometimes.

Limited feature for email segmentation.

Less customisation and flexibility for the advanced users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Building effective campaigns within no time.

Real time tracking and getting right prospects to reach out on timely manner.

Open API and integration with other application are saving lot of time.

Finding correct prospects and reaching out to to them with right services and product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Architectural Designer
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Mailchimp wants to be available for all users. Their broad-spectrum approach to services coheres with their friendly-looking design and prodigious written support docs. They ensure the user feels welcome, appreciated, and able to "do the things" they might want to do -- at a retail-level of software. The folks in their support chat windows are highly competent, present, and dedicated to the customer's success. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Mailchimp's platform spends so much energy coddling retail-level customers at the functional level (send an simple email campaign) that their app is un-intuitive, confusing, and appears patronizing at the overall level (strategically build and analyze multiple campaigns on a marketing team). For example, Mailchimp does not explain carefully what their platform does NOT do. I need it to do so, so I do NOT waste time trying to do an obvious use-case in one part of Mailchimp, that can only be done in another. A discerning user, such as a leader of a marketing team, can easily be confused -- things that "should" be available are only achievable via convoluted functional pathways and feature-heavy dialogues. (I'm not just saying this, several wonderful people in customer support have validated my confusion about basic things. Their customer support is really excellent). Aspects of Mailchimp may be functionally similar, such as emails within campaigns vs journeys, yet not be linked or available for aggregate analysis. At times, I can almost feel the two software dev teams within Mailchimp's verticals vying against each other for internal success, and at the expense of customers who could be their champions. The result is a consistent feeling of a lack of transparency and "working with," once you get above the level of one-off functions like a single campaign. I feel like Mailchimp is constantly marketing to me to use its features, rather than helping me with my goals. Like a market vendor who only has aggressively positive things to say about their wares, and won't engage in direct, peer-to-peer conversation about what's important to their customer, good or bad. Working with Mailchimp at the level of planning, strategy, and conceptual framework has been frustrating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are building an audience base around multiple, successive quizzes and informational campaigns. Mailchimp DOES have the tools, especially now with their automated customer journeys feature, to have our customers take a single quiz multiple times, receive quiz results via other apps, and analyze data in a useful way. It appears the correct place to contain and manage our audience overall -- I will be relieved when I can confirm this is true. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Support, API, Mobile App. Email campaigns, automation, segments and tag- These are the features we mostly use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Data in the website (like your contacts) is not in real-time, and sometimes it is inconsistent, when if you're adding contacts via the API. We have to keep refreshing and refreshing to get accurate data. Now we know it's not easy to make the software real-time, but there's a huge gap in the contact count between refresh (reloading the page for instance). And it doesn't always show the latest data after you refresh too- sometimes the count goes lower, higher, and then back lower. We realize this might be a cache issue, but we tried clearing the cache and reloading the page. It takes a long time for the accurate data to fully settle.

This also happens when you make a campaign and create a custom new group/segment as the recipients. Even when you click 'update recipient count', it gives inaccurate data. This has made us lose about 30 mins cross-checking ourselves to not make any mistakes when we're sending a campaign with the website.

The automation feature wasn't what we we're expecting when we first tried it. The idea of the automation feature good, and we used it a few times, but we stopped because once the automation flow reached the last queue, it just stopped. We had to manually keep adding more emails to the bottom of the automation. We thought this feature would eliminate any manual work for us. It just wasn't what we were expecting when we tried it. We hoped there'd be an option to loop the automation.

The developer reference website doesn't fully cover all documentations and fields/properties when explaining how to make a request to the mailchimp API. Some properties were pointed out, but in reality, those properties also have sub-properties in them. And not all of them are present in the documentation.

- For example, in the Add Campaign docs, you have body parameters to provide in the request, like:type, settings, recipients, etc. Each of these params might have additional properties in them, and the data type required for each one. For the recipients, it's an object containing two properties: list_id and segment_opts. List ID is straight forward, but the is segment_opts also an object that has properties, every one of them was explained to the fullest, besides "conditions" property, it just says the data type, which is an array- but an array of what? strings? objects? integers? it was just left shallow, we had to research and contact support again and again to finally get what we wanted. This was the only one we had to deal with. We can only imagine there's more our there too. This was especially crucial because we don't want to send the wrong emails to the wrong customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reaching out to our clients in our crm. Making email campaigns for them. Tagging them.

We primarily use the email feature.

It also gives us another pair of eyes for our clients. Creating engaging content for them. Keeping track of their stats. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head Advisor
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

The combination of ease of use, available tools and the pricing makes the tool great value for money. Even on the free plan, a small business owner can elevate their digital marketing. The data analysis is a definite plus, it gives any business owner access to the kind of insights only established businesses can afford. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The integrations library is a bit limited, it has all the basic tools but for power users a little custom development is necessary. It would be great if it was also priced in local currencies to manage exchange rate risk for international users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, the free trial will let you do most of what you need to fully evaluate the system, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automations have been the biggest reward from the Mailchimp ecosystem. The ability to send communication at key points in the customer journey without any manual action frees up valuable time for business owners to focus on other areas. Not only does it free time, but we have noticed notable revenue growth when we start to employ automation for our clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

For me, it's the best email marketing platform out there. Mailchimp provides a wealth of features and integrations for your marketing (especially email marketing) and its easy to use platform makes it accessible to everyone. I've been so impressed with the new features they've introduced and they are constantly improving an already great product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints about Mailchimp because it has been an excellent product for me and has helped to scale up my business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend Mailchimp to anyone looking for an email marketing platform. They offer a free plan for you to try at no risk and they have a reasonable pricing structure that provides access to their more advanced features. As a long time user of Mailchimp and a certified partner, I've been very impressed by the way the platform is evolving and I'm excited to be a part of it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mailchimp enables you to communicate with your customers in many different marketing channels and acts as a great CRM for your contacts. The ability to manage all this effectively on a single platform has enabled me to grow my business and provide a great service for my own clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

The support is excellent. Either by chat or by email, I get accurate and timely answers from support agents. The support wikis are extremely well done, often answering my questions without requiring an agent.

Mailchimp is also well integrated with the software I use to operate my web site, so visitors can easily subscribe to my mailing list from various forms on the web site. Too, Mailchimp provides various automations for sending messages to new subscribers and for tracking their handling of those messages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When a subscriber changes the email address, there is no easy way to update that address. The subscriber can do it easily, but they never do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I send messages about our events and publications once every two to four months. If I were to do this directly from my company's email server, I would have to actively manage the reputation of the address and the blacklisting of the domain. Mailchimp does this for me. Mailchimp also provides extensive testing facilities to see how messages will appear using various platforms and mail applications. It provides a lot of analysis and automates A/B testing. It also makes easy the handling of unsubscribing and errors in delivery of messages to specific subscriber addresses. Since I send messages in languages that use different forms according to recipient gender and number, it provides all the functionality required to handle such issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager Team Lead
What do you like best?

Building and maintaining a healthy audience is easy with the help of Mailchimp. The tools are also intuitive and easy to use, as well as they make your marketing material look good. Can't find the feature you're looking for, or want to tweak the design a little more than Mailchimp allows you to? No worries, their API is completely open, making it easy for our developers to make adjustments and customize (almost) anything. As a Mailchimp partner, we can help you with that, amongst other things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The social media tools could be more advanced. And the reporting/analytics could be a little better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It has (almost) all of the features you need. If there is something missing, or if you need a powerful integration, Mailchimp has a lot of partners around the world. We operate from Norway, but have helped Mailchimp users all around the world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helping our clients reach out to their customers with automated emails. For instance, we have a lot of clients in the entertainment industry; we help them set up an automated email going out to the ticket holders prior to the event, and after the event, they receive a survey asking them to rate the experience. The opening rates and click rates are extremely high, indicating that this is information their customers really want. We've also built an integration called lily, where all the data from the ticket holders are transferred to Mailchimp from Ticketmaster.

We also help our clients use landing pages as a means of signing up for events, and using groups to keep the signup list. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head, Product & Customer Experience
What do you like best?

I'm extremely satisfied with MailChimp and I know we have benefited from it. The interface and customization are easy and they happen to stand out first. It is very flexible and it's pretty bug-free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When you get into complex workflows and automation, the UI can get tricky. Multiple clicks are often required to get the job done, often with several backs and forths. The other challenge I have just started seeing is that emails often end up in the SPAM folder. This is only something that has been recently brought to my attention that certain email providers have been flagging them down. Reporting (mainly their app) is clunky and limited. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's easy to use and visually appealing. Plus it does not lock you up into contracts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Engage clientele base, grow my business, automate marketing communications, automate workflows, targeted emails, improve customer relationships. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Great online builder to create automatically newsletter sendings and online surveys by mail too. A live-view for the builder with the possibility to see directly the result and also the view on several devices. Easy drag and drop functions to collect and edit the content in an easy way. Finally it's possible to can send mails with html code. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes a mail content has a too high rate of pictures, or general a high resolution for their pictures, so the loading time is too long. Happens too that the user gets the mails in the unwanted mail folder. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sending and creating newsletter and automatically sending lists. Plus the management of online surveys, they can be send also automatically. Users can fill out the survey and come back after it to the main homepage or a other internal homepage, that's very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

content blocks are easy to use in campaign design, mailchimp cleans/removes inactive contacts and tracks people who unsubscribe etc., templates are easy to save and access at later time, support is always available via the chat window and i use it often. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

limitations to campaign design: how it looks in the editor does not match how it looks when it arrives in your inbox so multiple test emails are required for each campaign, there are challenges around spacing of blocks and its impossible to remove the excessive whitespace between blocks, for each custom color i use i have to enter the code for every block instead of MC remembering/allowing me to save those colors, there are limited fonts available, images can be finicky and the dimensions sometimes dont match (images of different sizes appear the same size in the editor and the email).

limitations to audience: when my subscriber count decreases, i am able to see trends over the past month(s) but nothing more granular like day or time that people unsubscribed (dont need to see who, would just like to compare with when campaigns are released) , MC doesnt let me know when its cleaning contacts or how many so I will login to my account and see that number increase without explanation (did emails bounce? did folks unsubscribe? did their emails become inactive?) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

great option and widely used across the nonprofit field Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

consistent email campaigns that are designed well and easy to read. automated blog post announcements that i dont need to worry about. an easy way to grow and reach our audience of 4000+ people, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

The photoshop plugin is such a life saver, I discovered it some time ago and it really makes everything so much easier. The quality is also loads better.

The scheduling and timewarp (even we can't use it yet) are also super convenient.

Handy that u you can export data to spreadsheets, however would be nice if it would also work for graphics Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am missing a clear audience overview where you can see more about your customers.

Adding tags to you audience is pretty complicated.

I would love to have an overview of all campaigns in one dashboard.

Updating your audience is complicated Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Mailchimp is a quick and easy way to start with email marketing. The prices get adjusted to what you need and luckily, don't cost you a kidney. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clear insights on the performance on each campaign

Sending out newsletters easily Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Author and Founder
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Mailchimp offers easy solutions for new/small businesses that evolve and expand as your list and number of communications grow. Over the years, it has consistently offered new tools as the face of email marketing changes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the tools don't suit our business, and as a very large company, Mailchimp has some limitations that the next tier of email marketing companies provide. We're on the cusp of changing, but that is more about where we are as a company and less a failing of Mailchimp. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We mostly use Mailchimp for email marketing and not for social or advertising options. We appreciate the segmentation and predicted demographics that MC provides and help us target our customers with messages they are interested in and that are relevant to them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Delivery Consultant for the InterTradeIreland E-merge Programme
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Automations are incredible & easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Social Posting but it is always improving Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are unsure about Mailchimp, start out with the Free Plan and experiment with all the features. It is a fantastic user-centric platform built with ease of use and powerful features in mind. With 3rd Party integrations, the possibilities are limitless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Mailchimp, I help myself and my clients to improve eCommerce sales, customer retention, client engagement, brand awareness and so much more. Mailchimp has released a tonne of new features over the last year making the platform more efficient and easier to use, saving businesses valuable time in creating good, engaging content.

During COVID-19 Mailchimp has helped my clients reach their audience and stay in touch in ways they had not been able to do before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Communications Specialist
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Mailchimp integrates with many different tools: Wordpress, Teamleader, Facebook, Twitter, etc to create a complete funnel Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are plenty of possibilities, it is hard to know each one! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Mailchimp is not very expensive, but I offers all the features need to do a good marketing activity. It is not useful to spend more time looking for other tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have connected different tools, the monitoring of the customer journey is easier. I can easily send newsletters, but also creating full campaigns with rewards, landing pages, documents sending... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner