Magazine Manager Reviews & Product Details

Office Manager
What do you like best?

Convenient cloud-based program which allows access to all ad sales, contacts and production notes from any computer device with internet access. It's a central hub for sales, accounts receivable, production and even Human Resources, making it a very convenient tool in your publisher's toolbox. They also have an app for smartphones--though the app is somewhat limited in only allowing data to be viewed, not changed. They've stepped up their customer service in the last year and it's been great! They also have a fantastic database of instructional videos on how to use the software - topics are wide ranging and thorough. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The software requires a great deal of training and education to use in order to reap the full benefit. This is not a software for the easily distracted or completely tech illiterate. Nor should you expect to simply "hit the ground running" once you have an account. Plan for lots of training, which they'll do for you. In fact, they generally wont allow you to begin using the software without a minimum # of hours of training -- so be prepared. They do require quite a bit of behind the scenes setup from your admin(s) as well. For example, setting up rate cards, templates and publication schedules is something you or your admin(s) will need to learn how to do and it can be a little overwhelming at first. Lastly, the circulation side of Magazine Manager falls a bit short. It's there if you need it, but it's very clunky and quite limited in scope, at least for now. Perhaps that will be changing in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a multi-product publishing company we've experienced a great deal of improvement and efficiency in our day-to-day operations thanks to The Magazine Manager. Although the up-front time and effort to learn and set up the software can feel overwhelming, it's ultimately worth it--which is why we've been such loyal customers. Once everything on the back end of the software is up and running, you'll be glad you chose The Magazine Manager. Gone are the days of handwritten paper tickets and missing customer information. Our sales staff, accounting staff, HR and production all utilize the software on a daily basis and it's become a staple of our company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Magazine Manager Overview

What is Magazine Manager?

The Magazine Manager is the global leader in magazine publishing software solutions, serving over 16,000 publications worldwide. Launched in 2003, it was the first web-based CRM specifically built for publishers. In a unified platform, The Magazine Manager includes a sales CRM, centralized ad order entry system, production, billing, digital pagination and editions, marketing automation, circulation, audience development, a 9-million company prospecting database, email verification system, and more.

Magazine Manager Details
English, Spanish

The Magazine Manager is a product of Mirabel Technologies, a privately owned, international software company that empowers businesses to grow.

Mirabel Technologies
2003
Fort Lauderdale, FL
@MirabelTech
492 Twitter followers

Magazine Manager Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Magazine Manager community
Have you used Magazine Manager before?

Magazine Manager Reviews

Showing 20 Magazine Manager reviews
Already have Magazine Manager?
Yoga Teacher
UG
What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can log into to Magazine Manager and see exactly which ads are going to be running in our magazine. Not only can I see which ads, but I can see all sorts of detail, such as what size the ad is, which side of the page, what page number, among other things. While my company uses the software for other purposes as well, I mainly use it to keep up with Ad Run Sheets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to edit the run sheet inside of the actual app without having to export to excel. It would also be nice if there was a way to remain logged into the software without being logged out every time. This is just a magazine managing site, not Fort Knox. Other than that, there is not much that I would say I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While this is the only software of the like I have used, I can't think of much I would change about it. I recommend this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In our magazine we have lots of ads in each issue. With Magazine Manager, we are able to better manage our time and increase the efficiency of our production because we are able to see which ads we have received from our customers and which ones we need to reach back out to them to get them. It makes the entire process run much more smoothly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

System up time. Webinar training sessions. On line available training videos. Ease of using the system. Email feature. The ability to update notes in the system if you make a mistake. The ability to post real time payments to the customers account. The ability to email receipts from the system. The system is very user friendly and keeps the data orderly and accessible. I am able to keep up with my sales and progress, whereas, before, I did not have access to a tool like this Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The inability to determine which account is for what customer when you have accumulated several accounts over time. It would be nice if a name (last) could be populated beside the listed information to help you identify so you don't have to click on so many items. We currently use pay pal to process payments. It will be nice to use a system that retains the customers card information if they want so we don't have to repeated request it. Our old system retained the card information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend Magazine Manager because it offers a variety of flexible options and it is customer friendly. The system is user friendly. There is very little down time if any. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Better follow up and scheduling of appointments. Better tracking of my day and my accomplishments. Ability to track my sales and progress daily, weekly, monthly, year to date.

Planning my day/week/month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Manager
Media Production
What do you like best?

I like the breadth of reports that are available to help track sales and keep up with a large sales team. For an individual salesperson, it is hard to pretend like work is getting done when using this software. The ability of our leadership to hone in on an individual's performance is key.

I also like their customer service team; they are responsive and always pleasant. My questions are answered and they do a great job of making sure that I walk away having my questions answered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The software can be difficult to navigate at times due to its depth. There are goals for individual publications that we own that I am unable to keep track of due to individual limitations of the software. There is a mobile app as well that has evolved over time. Functionality has been added in recent updates and it's easier to find information, but further updates will be welcomed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are in the publishing industry, this software will work for you. Most CRMs don't address the very specific needs of print advertising sales, but the Magazine Manager absolutely does. It's a great solution for our industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our team is able to keep track of a large number of clients, manage call-backs, manage meetings, and do accurate forecasting for future sales. Prior to this software, we had no real way of managing these things outside of a network of Google Sheets that we used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

I like the functionality and the ease of use of Magazine Manager. I am able to track things happeing on both the sales side and the production side. It has helped our business grow over the last few years by using the CRM side of the software with my sales reps and the production side of the software with my operations team. It has helped our entire team work smarter and faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the the app had more functionality. It would be nice to be able to set up contracts in the app. I hope to see this as a feature added in the future. Because of legacy software we have to use within our company, i am not able to take full advantage of all the features in Magazine Manager. We hope to be able to use the billing side soon. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would move to Magazine Manager, you will not be disappointed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Magazine Manager has made the layout process smoother and multiple times faster than the previous process we had. By using the CRM side of this softaware my sales reps have been able to focus more on selling and growing their account base. It has also allowed my office team to work better with my sales reps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Publisher
Publishing
What do you like best?

Perfect, real-world tool for our company's needs. Competitive pricing. Continual upgrades and refinements. Excellent training and support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Customization tools and interfaces are dated, but can still get the job done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consistent development and refinement are something we've grown to really enjoy. This software is integral to our success as a small publisher. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We absolutely depend on this software! After an exhaustive search in 2014 for CMS that was best suited for our print magazine company, we chose Magazine Manager and have been huge fans ever since. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

Integrations with QB, Mailchimp, Authorize.net, automated capturing of emails to client records, recording notes option, ability to create custom reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see improved goal setting options (less limitations), reporting. Some features have glitches that have to be reported on first time use, but they do fix them quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at all the options out there and determine how you want the product to work. Are you looking for complete integration with circulation or just marketing? How easy does it need to be for the staff to learn? What features are a must have? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Universal CRM where everyone can see details, integration with other systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner / Publisher
Media Production
What do you like best?

It knows our (magazine) industry front to back and the customizations are all built in and ready to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Reporting doesn't give me exactly what I need all the time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Understand the wide range that MM offers publishers and then ask ALL the questions to the other companies you are considering. Don't settle for lowest cost Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Efficiency! Completely integrated CRM and Billing platform allows total integration among team members Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Content Director
What do you like best?

The ability to run custom reports and download them into a CSV file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the search function does not always pull up all related results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Overall, great product for those in the publishing industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Storing and organizing pertinent information on clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

The Magazine Manager consolidated our process into one place. From client prospecting, through publication layout, to billing, it covers it all and with ease. It's so great to have everything in one application.

On a side note... Dennis is the best software consultant we have ever worked with! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We love the mobile application and would like to see it continue to offer more account access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The Magazine Manager has given us a single location to manage the sales process, avoid account duplication, and track progress through the production of our publication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

This software does just about anything and is highly useful in our industry working with print advertising. We publish monthly home improvement magazines and the sales, issue and client information is extremely beneficial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefits to Magazine Manager that are extremely resourceful to our magazine is the sales information, notes, meetings, activity when meeting new clients and following up on past accounts. We are able to see who ran with us in the past to followup and gain win-backs into our publications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

Magazine Manager helps keep our contacts and orders organized and in one place. Software rep and free training is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Poor help resources and support - so there is a big reliance on tech support, which tends to be very hit or miss. Updates and changes to the software sometimes make things more difficult to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A great CRM software for magazines and newspapers, better than alternatives Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Magazine Manager helps keep our business organized and keep on top of clients and projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing & Production Manager
What do you like best?

MM staff are obviously in the industry as they have thought of everything for use as a sales person and production point of view. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Only that to copy line items in a proposal is a tedious process: I can't (that I know of) do a batch for the same issue at once, but repeat the process over and over. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can't imagine selling ads and looking after all the production in any other way. They have thought of everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

This is a good tool for sales and accounts receivable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The quality of the customer service has dropped on this software in the past year. They have a strong selling team but when the software has a error in it, they are slow to respond and not helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is a good tool for contact management, sales management and accounts receivable. Wish it was stronger in the project management area though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP of Marketing
Human Resources
What do you like best?

One stop place for customer info and history. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The mobile site is improving and still lacks some capabilities of the desktop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It really helps me organize my day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

USER FRIENDLY, SYSTEM IS NOT DOWN A LOT,, POST PAYMENT AND GET RECEIPTS Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

HAVING TO SET UP MEETINGS TO DISCUSS A PROBLEM THAT YOU MAY NEED AN ANSWER TO RIGHT AWAY Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

TRY AND DECIDE FOR YOURSELF Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TO BE ABLE TO PAY ON SYSTEM AND PRINT RECEIPTS Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

The ease of use, stress free, nicely laid out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping everything organized. Our team all works in different states so having a system like this that is easy to follow and update is crucial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease of keeping track of my prospects and customers- when to call next, especially Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to search fro customers and prospects Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

it could be easier to search for customers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organization of my daily schedule! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

The ease of use and ability to train new employees with the available tutorial videos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend this product for all print and digital magazine publishers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing a remote safe force. Our employees work from home and live throughout the country. Being able to monitor performance is huge for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Reporting - QuickBooks Integration - Bill Revenue easy access Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Search files /f filters don't always work. Not have the ability to see statements reports by products.

Inconsistency in screen settings, i.e. search invoices & statements.

AD design module not helpful for art trafficking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to work with for keping track on contract/Bill Revenue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy tracking for Contracts renewals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.