LXLE

5.0

LXLE is based on Lubuntu which is an Ubuntu OS using the LXDE desktop environment. It is designed to be a drop-in and go OS, primarily for aging computers.

Work for LXLE?

Learning about LXLE?

LXLE Reviews

Showing 3 LXLE reviews
LXLE review by Jorge G.
Jorge G.

"Best option for old (or weak) hardware"

What do you like best?

Without any doubt, this is the faster linux distribution. Is is perfect to use on old machines or if you want extreme speed on newer machines. I've tried both Lubuntu and LXLE, because both distros uses LXDE and are designed to be used on old machines. After some specific performance tests, I've found that LXLE was better for my specific use case.

What do you dislike?

The price to speed is the quality of the graphic interface. It is extremely simple, if you care about window effects or beauty on your graphical interface, this is not for you.

I found that the distro size is too big, Last time I've downloaded it, it had more than 1.2GB. I think that the LXLE team could improve it by removing unnecessary apps. Another option would be offer a clear distro, without any app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you care about window effects or beauty on your graphical interface, this is not for you. However, if you don't care about graphics but care about performance, this is the perfect distro for you.

I've helped to create a computer lab on my old school. The school is public, and all of the computers were donated. Some computers were very old, so after a little research, I found LXLE and opted to use it. Definitely, it was the right choice. As I said, the result was better, even than Lubuntu.

Just to be clear in my review, I don't use LXLE on my personal machine. I've used it on the computer lab project I've said (because of that, I don't have a screenshot here).

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about LXLE
LXLE review by Stanislav B.
Stanislav B.

"There is my favorite distributive over and over again"

What do you like best?

You can distribute your changes in Linux to help others and it’s free! You do not have to pay for it.

What do you dislike?

Drivers don’t really exist, there will be work arounds but users have reported problems when trying to use certain hardwares or old hardwares. But I love this distro

Recommendations to others considering the product

Useful out of the box, Samba too, a nice surprise.

Very nice distro with light feel, and powerful applications. Just had to add a few of my favorite apps: Guake, Synapse, Pinta, Thunderbird, Bluefish Editor, DeadBeef, and Rhythmbox, Otherwise, everything was included and working beautifully together. In fact, I like it so much that I've already donated to the project!

What Operating System solution do you use?

LXLE review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Very easy and user friendly!"

What do you like best?

It's quick to use. And a user can teach themselves easily.

What do you dislike?

I found that some of my hardware at work was unable to use this program.

Quick use to make time for more work.

There are not enough reviews of LXLE for G2 to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Ubuntu Logo
Ubuntu
Super-fast, easy to use and free, the Ubuntu operating system powers millions of desktops, netbooks and servers around the world.
CentOS Logo
CentOS
CentOS is an Enterprise-class Linux Distribution derived from sources freely provided to the public by a prominent North American Enterprise Linux vendor.
RedHat Enterprise Linux Logo
RedHat Enterprise Linux
Open source platform for mission-critical computing
macOS Sierra Logo
macOS Sierra
macOS Sierra helps you rediscover your best photos, shop fast and conveniently online, and work between devices. It can also help free up storage space.
Fedora Logo
Fedora
Fedora is a Linux-based operating system, a collection of software that makes your computer run.
Oracle Linux Logo
Oracle Linux
Oracle Linux brings the latest Linux innovations to market, delivering extreme performance, advanced scalability, and reliability for enterprise applications and systems along with worldwide, enterprise-class, low-cost support. Optimized for enterprise workloads, Oracle Linux is the only operating system to offer zero-downtime updates.
Chromium OS Logo
Chromium OS
3.9
Chomium is an open-source project that aims to build an operating system that provides a fast, simple, and more secure computing experience for people who spend most of their time on the web.
openSUSE Logo
openSUSE
openSUSE is a free and Linux-based operating system for your PC, Laptop or Server. You can surf the web, manage your e-mails and photos, do office work, play videos or music and have a lot of fun!
Debian Logo
Debian
4.8
Debian is an operating system is the set of basic programs and utilities that make your computer run , at the core of an operating system is the kernel.
Raspbian Logo
Raspbian
Raspbian is a free operating system based on Debian optimized for the Raspberry Pi hardware.

Learning about LXLE?

* We monitor all LXLE reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.