Lumity Benefits Platform Reviews & Product Details

Senior Developer Engineer
What do you like best?

My company and I will spend over $20,000 next year on medical expenses, the vast majority of which are the premiums for my medical coverage. This is the first time in my life that I felt like someone else was taking this as seriously as I was. There is so much to know, and so much to keep track of, when making these decisions. Lumity seems to have figured out what I will find useful to know, and provides that information only where I'll find it helpful, and in very intuitive ways, too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really wasn't much to dislike, which may be unprecedented. The one bit of friction that stands out was that I would much rather have determined the total amount of an FSA and then have the pay period deductions calculated (instead of the opposite). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been through several very painful Open Enrollment periods in the last few years, largely due to acquisitions of the company I am a part of, and the parent organization reevaluating their health options as a result. They have been really painful, and not for lack of trying. This is the first time I've used Lumity, and it stands in stark contrast. I've spent almost as much time writing this review as I spent sorting out Open Enrollment this year. The medical world recently recognized the term "financial toxicity" to refer to the detrimental effects that managing the costs and paperwork of healthcare as on a person's health. That's how relevant and important it is to make this process simple to manage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lumity Benefits Platform Overview

What is Lumity Benefits Platform?

Lumity's modern benefits platform combines dedicated service and expertise with powerful data insights and technology to relieve the pain of administering and choosing health plans and benefits for both employers and employees. Benefits Portal connects employers to insurance carriers to create a transparent renewal experience. BenAdmin provides claims data to the HR and Finance teams. Benefits Enrollment helps employees predict healthcare spending and pick the best healthcare plan for their personal needs.

Lumity Benefits Platform Details

Lumity's Benefits Administration and Benefits Enrollment solution is designed to help HR teams get insight into benefits spending and predict upcoming renewal cost.

Lumity, Inc

Lumity Benefits Platform Screenshots

Lumity Benefits Platform Reviews

Showing 55 Lumity Benefits Platform reviews
Location
Already have Lumity Benefits Platform?
Associate General Counsel
What do you like best?

Out of several benefits platforms I have used, Lumity is by far the platform most willing to provide support that is prompt, clear, and helpful. Online info sessions leading into open enrollment were great. Benefits packages offered are really outstanding at every tier of coverage. This is something that matters a lot to me so I'm one of the people who goes into the details. And Lumity has overperformed for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far from Lumity. I have some issues with the big insurance companies, but everyone who has ever worked with them does - but for Lumity's piece of it, they make it much less stressful, not more, which is all you can ask of the platform provider. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Healthcare benefits plan selection, employee education, enrollment, troubleshooting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I had a lot of options to choose from. It was faster navigate through. It normally takes an hour or more to sign up for benefits and I was able to do it in 10 minutes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I had a little user interface issues but nothing I couldn’t figure out myself. Other than that the program worked amazingly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was surprised to find benefits for parking and transit. I was able to make sure of all the Benefits available to me I signed up for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how that when going through the medical benefits each one explained exactly how everything worked. All questions that I had were answered in the descriptions of each plan. I like how it broke down all the verbiage that was in the plans that way if I wasn't sure about what a word meant I had a great reference point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I disliked how most of the plans looked the same and the difference between them wasn't just made clear in the beginning. I didn't like how we only had one choice on the dental and eye care provider. We had many choices on the medical and I think that there should at least be three choices to choose from on the other two as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very easy app to navigate really straightforward just follow the directions and you will be fine to go through the process of signing up for your benefits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving the problem of not having insurance coverage and being able to make sure I am covered. The benefits are that I am being offered great benefits at little to no cost at all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Easy of navigation on the Lumity platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Need a wider selection of Lumity medical plans Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Selection of medical, vision, dental insurance for my family Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Designer
Design
What do you like best?

I loved how simple the Lumity website made my enrollment experience. The text was always large and easy to read. The plans were explained in plain English and what mattered most (how much I needed to contribute) was always front and center. I appreciated the "learn more" sections when I was lost. Buttons were large and easy to interact with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I disliked being offered the Dependent FSA when I had no dependents. I was confused as to why I would do that and the FAQ didn't have anything pertaining to my situation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend trying out the Lumity service. It makes enrollment easy and quick. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I did not understand healthcare in the past and I still wouldn't call myself an expert but I do not dread open enrollment anymore. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Very self explanatory, if I had a question, seems Lumity was prepared and my next sentence all was answered Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I didn’t have the ability to go back in to my dashboard and fix a mistake(birthday)I noticed after submitting my initial enrollment for benefits Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Thank you for allowing me to have AFFORDABLE health insurance/benefits options. Keep up the good work Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The health insurance plans are amazingly affordable along with dental, vision and life insurance, there was options in different price points, that felt flexible and not overwhelming Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead UX Consultant
What do you like best?

Easy to Enroll and quick navigation, Only observation is most of the call to action buttons are below the fold where we need to scroll and look for next click,

when I am on Selecting the plan and trying to understand "why?" clicked on it and comes to a big page where it took me a little time to figure out where is "X" to close well for the first time I have used browser back button but after that, I have used "X" to close the page/pop up Window

But it was a easy and quick to identify what is next step

Need to explore more as Enrollment was quick and easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Login into the Mobile app is not easy not sure do I have to register again or change my password. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I would like a link or kind of a message service where I get a link to Mobile to download/login, where I can keep in touch know any kinf of updates with my Plans. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Having information sections that are easy to find and understand made the process so that I didn't feel frustrated or get upset. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't find a downside. When I had a question that I didn't feel was answered in the information section, I sent an email and got a response extremely quick. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not every fear asking anyone questions. The support team is very friendly, knowledgeable and very quick to respond. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I feel confident about knowing I'm paying a good price for the benefits I'm receiving and the ability to choose what best fits myself and my family has been great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Application Programmer at Bank of America
What do you like best?

Nice fluid UI with clear details and help screens. Lots of knowledge base resources to refer if you want any detailed information Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No downsides as of now. Everything looks better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy to navigate between different benefits and help screens Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There were little suggestions each step of the way where I could see what plan might be the best fit for me- and then a downloadable really dense guide where I could read more about the specifics of each plan. I liked being able to read comparisons of three theoretical people covered by each plan.

Also, a really neat feature was a yellow box with an auto suggestion of where I could see what plan they suggest. This was by far my favorite feature of the site because it was accurate for each scenario I tried- even scenarios that I'm not really in yet I just wanted to look ahead and see what plan might be a fit for me in that case. I ultimately selected the first one they reviewed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's still health insurance- you don't know how they come up with the recommendations which can make you nervous. I wish there was a little tax lookup function where you could see how your plan might impact your tax burden, so the biggest downside was not knowing what to do with taxes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I had a great expreince as a user! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benifit of simplicity while I was completing enrolment- it saved me so much time!!!

I realized the benefits associated with each plans- the convenience of seeing a specialist with out a referral vs. the cost of seeing a specialist without a referral- and the reasoning between whether or not health savings might be the right fit for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This is the first time I have signed up for benefits in less than half an hour. Lumity makes it very easy to understand what you are choosing and gives you suggestions based on your specific doctor and medical history. The benefits dash is also very easy to navigate. I use the "mom" test for most software - "can my mom understand how to use this right away?" My answer in this case is a resounding yes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing bad to say about my experience with actually signing up through the portal. The only snag I hit was trying to get someone to reopen my enrollment to make an adjustment. That took some back and forth, but we eventually got there and the support team was very friendly and understanding. It was also a nice added touch that the same representative reached out to me via email each time, so that helped. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly suggest implementing Lumity! I have been bounced around to many benefits companies through internal changes at several different software companies over the years, and this is by far the most user-friendly. Signing up is very straightforward and easy to do quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I set aside 30 min on my work calendar to enroll in insurance. That is how long it usually takes through other portals I have used. I was able to sign up in less than 10 minutes and took back that other 20 minutes to go outside and take a nice walk mid day. In my experience Lumity definitely took the stress out of signing up for insurance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Order Management Lead
What do you like best?

The user interface was very easy to understand, and you are able to quickly see a comparison between all the different plans being offered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there wasn't much to dislike. As time goes by, I think a list of FAQ for each insurance provider would be awesome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you'd like to have all information in one simple to use platform, definitely try Lumity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having everything in one place has been very helpful. My experiences haven't been this straightforward in the past, so I really appreciate that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Enrollment with Lumity was easy! Their representative called our company and did a great job explaining our options, then I was able to choose my open enrollment options within 15 minutes later that day. Their UX makes it easy to understand what you're choosing, and what you're skipping over. In previous companies I worked for, open enrollment was a stressful time, but this year's experience was simple and stress-free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In addition to getting great health insurance coverage, I really like Lumity's phone app. On their app. I'm able to really easily keep track of my health care cards/benefits and it's always useful when I go to the doctor's. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT System Administrator
What do you like best?

The Lumity site had easy ways to compare health plans. The website interface was easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Minor point: the Life Insurance options paid for by my company were pre-selected...so I wasted time trying to select them Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I realized that I can use my commuter benefit with pretax dollars which is a good savings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development Representative
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Lumity is great for understanding my health care benefits and managing my insurance ID cards. The mobile app is super helpful as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The Benefits Knowledge Base is extremely helpful. So much relevant and useful information all in one location! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is sometimes difficult to understand if I am supposed to contact Lumity or the actual health insurance provider with a specific question. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Clean, simple, and easy to use for employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having access to Lumity allows me to save time and stress when planning a visit to the doctor. Lumity keeps all of the relevant information in one place and as a result, I don't need to juggle or sign in to numerous different platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Travel Nurse
What do you like best?

Very easy to complete forms and apply for coverage. Staff is available to help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Filing a claim could have been easier and was a headache Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good company with a good response time when help is needed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easier to navigate than

Some other benefits websites Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead Expert
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to navigate the Lumity portal on a mobile device. The information you need to know is laid out in a way that is easy to find, understand, and compare. Lumity makes enrolling in benefits easier than ever! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, so far I have nothing to dislike about Lumity! This is my second year getting benefits through Lumity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has made it super easy and accessible and the benefits of being able to ask questions and get answers is priceless! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Brand Content Writer
What do you like best?

This was as easy as it gets. All the information right there, explained clearly. If I wasn't sure about something, I just clicked on a link and it took me to a new page explaining that feature, ie I didn't have to search out the info myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I honestly didn't see any downside. As someone who's dealt with either finding my own plans, or picking a plan through the ACA, I'm familiar with how confusing and difficult even a seemingly simple process can be. This really was that easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I just joined a company and am signing up for health insurance - have benefited already from how easy the process was. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finish Packing Lead Processor
What do you like best?

I had a a ton of questions but most of them were easily answered on the site and the rest were quickly addressed when I called. It was nice to get a live, easy to speak to person very quickly when I called. I even had a small error based on the information my company gave to Lumity and I received an updated virtual card in my email within 30 minutes and a new card with the correct info in a week. Super helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I haven't had any trouble with the process. So far no complaints. Keep up the good work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a bunch of people to try to explain your benefits options to, try Lumity. I have found them to be the most useful service. They answered all my questions and even walked me through a portion of the online enrollment when I got stuck. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ease of enrollment, super quick responses, options are clearly put forth, reprinting of cards was super easy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mobile Expert
What do you like best?

I loved the array of benefits lumity offers and how easy it was to choose which benefits best fit me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can’t think of anything negative to say about Lumity Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely use Lumity, it’s very simple and takes the headache out of choosing benefits Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have healthcare and I was able to get a few deductions on my taxes for the following year Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I highly enjoyed the ease of the options presented to me. Based on my medical history, the doctor who I see regularly was an option fo me to choose. I did not have to look her information up in the system; it simply popped up. This is truly the easiest benefits package I have ever used. I highly recommend using Lumity for your benefits package. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I did not experience any downside to using Lumity Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Which medical package can be daunting but Lumity recommended a package based on my medical history. Once reviewing that was the best option for me, I chose the one they recommended. The benefits I did not recognize that was available was the commuter benefits; that is a wonderful option for those who have a long commute. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

* The options are clearly presented.

* The right amount of information density per page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

* The HSA paycheck amount validation for my plan doesn't allow maxing out early in the year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's fantastic! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's much easier to research, select, and understand benefit options than previous providers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TM
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

I recently purchased aligners with Smile Direct Club and Lumity helped facilitate the process to ensure I had all the necessary paperwork for dental insurance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Often times, benefits that include complex insurance forms can be rather daunting, but Lumity has made things simple and and effortless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There have been times where I'm trying to communicate with an insurance provider, but the site makes it unclear if I am supposed to contact Lumity or Blue Shield, Cigna, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A consolidated platform for all things benefits. When it comes to benefits, which can be a pain-point for both employees and employers, having a an easy to use tool is a game changer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Step by step dashboard and when I called in I was able to speak to someone right away - they even offered to compare the plan I am on now (under my husband's plan) to determine which plan is better and how they differ. Insurance is hard to understand so this was a great help! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

there was nothing i disliked - the only thing i would recommend is a text box option if you don't understand the benefit explaining what is and why its beneficial (example FSA) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

text box on certain benefits explaining what they are and why they are beneficial Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quick and easy to follow. Saved be a lot of time and confusion. And customer service reps were beyond helpful. This has been the best experience in picking benefits I've had so far in my career. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TI
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

I loved being able to print and refer to my ID cards Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Being able to print the cards was so nice. Selecting a plan and seeing your full plan is nice too. I also just like how simple and pretty the dashboard and interface is! Also being able to update my HSA contribution is amazing! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there is nothing I dont like. I do have a super bill I need to submit but think thats through the insurance? Confused on that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! Great platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love the HSA and also seeing the flexibility for changing benefits in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Lumity Benefits Platform?

Lumity Benefits Platform Categories on G2