Luma Health Reviews & Product Details

Luma Health Overview

What is Luma Health?

The #1 Patient Engagement platform, with a suite of solutions for COVID-19, builds deeper patient relationships, and retains lifetime value for clinics, hospital and health systems, and community health centers.

Luma Health Details
Arabic, Bengali, Czech, Danish, German, English, French, Haitian, Hindi, Armenian, Italian, Korean, Marathi, Dutch, Punjabi, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Urdu, Vietnamese, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional)

Luma Health is your Total Patient Engagement Platform that helps maximize outcomes across the entire patient journey.

The only end-to-end Total Patient Engagement Platform. Going beyond scheduling into intake, care, and communication throughout the entire patient journey. Our solutions directly integrate into over 70+ EHR/PM systems for seamless no-touch operations that drive revenue, patient loyalty, and population health.

Luma Health
2015
San Francisco, CA
@lumahealthhq
627 Twitter followers

Luma Health Videos

Luma Health Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Luma Health community
Have you used Luma Health before?

Luma Health Reviews

Showing 36 Luma Health reviews
Already have Luma Health?
What do you like best?

Luma is easy to use. We have a great implementation team and this software easily interfaces with our electronic health record, Nextgen. Luma has helped to reduce our overall patient no show rate from 22% to 17% in 3 months. Our previous reminder service did not have user friendly reports, but with Luma Health, we are able to see reminder history and receive engaged patient responses to messages that flow right into our EHR. We can also send broadcast messages to target groups of patient who may need to schedule or who may need important health information. Our staff love how easy it is to communicate securely with patients. We are soon implementing contactless check-in to assist with keeping patients and staff safe in the wake of the pandemic. We are also on track to implement patient forms to assist with gathering important information electronically from patients prior to their visit or while they are waiting to be seen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have not encountered any negatives since implementing. If I was forced to say something, I wish that the modules that we are not using (waitlist and referrals) could be hidden as not to confuse staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Decreased patient no shows, ability to communicate through secure text messaging with patients. Improved workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Customer service is always on point! Always their to help when they you need them. They answer calls promptly and return calls very quickly when they are not currently available. The staff are always so kind and willing to help you out with any kind of problems that might arise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I personally believe they do not have any of downside to their services. They are constantly making an effort to go above and beyond with making sure our practice has everything we need to succeed. All in all the service is amazing! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Luma has help our practice by lowering the amount of no shows we have with automatic text confirmations. We have also seen a significant increase in the amount of patients calling our practice because Luma has let these patients know that our office has received their referral. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

easy to learn, use and teach to employees , as well as I love the Text option chat we can have with our patients. I love all features it has , its like having an extra employee in the office that has taken up a lot of the day to day tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like LUMA to be able to collect co-pay and balances from patients by sending a text message and once payment is collected apply directly into patient account as well as give a balance detail sheet at the end of each business day Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

if you are a medical practice, you will not regret getting LUMA! I wish I had came across it sooner. it has definitely made my life and the office employees life easier by taking up a lot of the day to day tasks that are so time consuming as well as I love that it has the option of sending out the appointment reminders or forms in other languages , besides English. we have a lot of spanish speaking patients and the fact that they get the text messages, procedure instructions and appointment reminders in spanish is so helpful ! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

we have less "No Show" appointments as it reminds patient of the appt days in advance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

I love that I can already see how LumaHealth is paying off for our business and brand. We've selected Luma Health as they directly partner with our technology and fully understand what running a medical practice needs. Luma Health also has created a great sense of customer service and values input from their customers or potential customers. Luma Health has helped us in managing our reviews which previously was more difficult to manage. Luma Health helped us address our opportunities mentioned from our patients without it being blasted on all external channels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While we are only in Phase 1 of rolling out the software for our practice, so far there isn't too much that I don't like. I would love if Luma Health could one day create technology where if a patient fills out a google review it could also post on other review platforms like Healthgrades, RateMD or WebMD. However the product that I was sold on works flawlessly with minimal effort from the staff and there's no complaints there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just make the plunge. It's worth the money for your business. They understand the struggles you're going through as a practice. When you need help you can always get assistance unlike so many other companies out there. Trust me. Get Luma's help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving a solution of publicizing our positive reviews while keeping our negative reviews internal. Luma Health has already started to pay off. We've seen such an increase in positive reviews posted to our Google My Business account. We also are filling our cancelled appointments without ever having to call the patients. However we obtained a waitlist by purchasing the Luma Health software which is brand new to our practice. It's been nice to offer something new to our patients without having to add more staff to the team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We love being able to use Luma Health as our reminder system for our 300+ appointments on a daily basis. This frees up our staff immensely to focus on our patient's care. We also appreciate with Luma Health we could use waitlist features, rescheduling, send individual or mass messages to patients as well as the review system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Luma Health is a system that doesn't make mistakes. When humans do make mistakes, Luma follows the standards set in place. This can cause some confusion sometimes when a patient may not get a reminder because they were scheduled too soon. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Luma Health helped us solve the problem of reaching out to over 300 patients on a daily basis to remind them of their appointments. We also are able to send individual messages to patients that needed them or mass messages to patients when their provider was out for a day, inclement weather or especially this past year with Covid-19 related issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Our medical practice was having difficulties contacting our patients and getting back responses of confirmed patient appointments. I reached out to Luma as I have heard great things about their capabilities from other practices who use the texting service for appointment reminders. We strive to have excellent patient care and communication so once I connected with Luma representative, they really took the time to fully understand how our scheduling system works and what needs we have that may differ from others. I was very impressed with their responsiveness to any minor issues or concerns that arose and the ability to track everything and receive back patient reviews was just what our company was looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Luma's texting option was excellent and our utilization of the service provided increased patient satisfaction, and helped keep our schedules full. No negative comments about the Luma product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I feel our practice had an excellent overall experience with the texting and survey product that Luma offers. Our set up was quick and I received as much support help as needed. The response time to have something looked at and changes made was very impressive as once you buy the product, good customer service is so very necessary and Luma was able to work with us in a positive and helpful way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The previous reminder service was only able to make phone calls and this was not as helpful and forward thinking as we really needed to be able to text patients for appointment confirmations. Luma was able to adjust to our needs which was very important for a smooth transition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What first attracted us to Luma was the ability to send communications to patient that were referred to our office- most phone calls from an unknown number go unanswered but the texting has worked brilliantly! Also with COVID we are able to communicate with our patients who are waiting in their cars, home etc to ensure safe arrival to our office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Tracking referral analytics could improve Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Referrals have definitely been better received since starting Luma. Patient communication for missed and no show appointments have also gotten better response and improve re-appointments which is a great revenue plus! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Waiting list auto fulfillment. When there is an appointment cancelation they will find a patient from your waiting list to fill in the empty slot.

Integrated with our e-MAR.

Appointment reminders and appointment reminder flow.

TeleHealth.

They are very innovative, constantly adding more features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That they don't have an email broadcast option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We did a lot of research, we actually researched many companies and Luma for approx 1 year. and we ended up choosing Luma. We plan to add more of their services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Appointment reminders, empty slots, TeleHealth - efficient, patient broadcast (SMS). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love being able to use Luma to contact our hundreds of patients. It is so easy to find patients by just typing in their number or name so it makes it extra convenient :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really like this system so there isn't really anything to dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

If I can not contact a patient over the phone I am able to just text them fast and easy! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Medical Receptionist
What do you like best?

You have the option to decline reminders and use email, phone or text. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Do not dislike anything about it in particular. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I noticed that people are not no showing their appointments as much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

E
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to send communications to our patients. It is also user friendly for the patient to communicate back or upload documents needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not experienced any downside to this app so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trying to figure out how to end discussions or re-open one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Being able to send secure messaging to the patients. Capturing patient referrals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike at the moment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Less patient calls. Creates better patient communication without utilizing physical staff Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

I really like that Luma is very quick and thoroughly. It saves my team and I alot of time on the phone confirming appointments and scheduling. This frees us up to do other important TASK. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I can not edit a referring doctors information once I enter it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Luma has allowed me to have more free time to work on other important TASK Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Insurance and Patient Accounts
What do you like best?

Luma allows us to customize our reminder messages. It is valuable to be able to send secure PHI text messages to patients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The main contact for help is email. While the support team is quick to respond, there are times when a phone call will provider better clarity more quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Luma Health has many capabilities that our company is not currently using, which could be valuable. The company has been great to work with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We love that we have control over the content of our automated messages. We love that we are getting an NPS score every month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Manager
Medical Practice
What do you like best?

Its hard to pick one thing! Luma covers all the bases on patient engagement, HIPAA compliant texting, custom reminders, recall messages, feedback/social media reviews, online scheduling, you name it! Our patients love their appointment reminders from Luma and so do our doctors. We can customize when and how often they go out and can change the script per appointment type so patients who are coming in for certain procedures can be given separate instructions to prepare for their appointment. Luma Health have been rockstars in improving their new online scheduling platform. Its fantastic. Patients are able to enter in all pertinent info for their desired appointment including reason for visit, insurance information, changes in phone number/address, etc and are only shown times which match their appointment criteria. My personal favorite thing about Luma is there willingness and desire to grow and adapt their product based off of their customers needs. We have been with Luma for 2 years now and I can't tell you how many things have been added to their platform based off of customer feedback. You ask for a change or make a suggestion and it basically comes out in the Product Updates the next month. Bravo for actually listening to your clientele and making actionable changes based off of feedback. That is so rare when working with EHR systems and other medical software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Luma's customer service is absolutely top notch, to be clear I have ZERO complaints about that. But it's hard that the main way to get a hold of Luma for support is by email/ticketing. We are located on the east coast and because of the time difference sometimes the answers to my questions come after I leave for the day and I don't get to address them until the next morning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolutely go with Luma! They are an amazing partner to work with and their platform covers anything you can think of for your practice (and a whole bunch of things you never even thought to think of!). I can't imagine ever not having it now. Its worth every penny. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

1. Luma has drastically decreased our no show rate. Reminders have been awesome in getting everyone confirmed and prepared for their appointments.

2. The appointments that do get cancelled either in ample time or last minute Luma's waitlist feature is a lifesaver. Our provider's schedules are always full and patients are extremely happy because they get to be seen sooner.

3. Luma has done wonders to help bridge happy patients with our Google and social media pages to share their experiences with us online. Patients leave meaningful honest reviews about visiting us that we truly appreciate. We love our patients and we're so happy to hear stories of why they continue to come back to our practice again and again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Front Desk / Luma Supervisor
What do you like best?

We are bit of an old-school cardiology practice and Luma has helped us step in to the 21st century. Not only has it made our patients' lives easier, but it has lightened the workload for many of our employees. I cannot say enough good things about Luma. I love that Luma is completely custom to your practice. Luma developers will work non-stop to make sure whatever feature you request is submitted to their team and worked on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Luma is based on the West Coast while we are on the East Coast. I know Luma cannot control timezones but we worry about there being an issue in the early morning when they are not in the office yet. SO FAR SO GOOD - and we have not had to deal with this yet. Some of the options (self-add and self-scheduler) were a little confusing when we first integrated but we are doing well now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Patient No Shows

- Patients not returning calls - texts are great!

- Waitlists - we have never had this option before. We love that a patient can self-add and then Luma will look for open spots.

- Luma does all the hard work for us - We just sit back and make sure we have charts and appointments squared away on our end. It has made our lives so much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR Administrator
What do you like best?

Customized to practice specific scheduling and work flows, we did not have to change our work flow to fit within the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lag time between EHR and Luma (6 minutes); working on two platforms Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Overbooking, lag times, updating information between two platforms; benefits have been better patient notifications, reduced no shows, immediate messaging; secure messaging Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling Lead
What do you like best?

Increases office efficiency, better workflows, about to focus on patient care. Automates administrative tasks you don't enjoy doing and fills last minute cancellation automatically by sending offers to patients on your waitlist. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It's a great program. All the platforms offered are great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's worth it! Makes my life easier allowing to focus on other important tasks and patient care. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Filling gaps from cancellations, getting patients in sooner from the waitlist. More effective communication with patients via text. Happier referring providers with the automatic fax back feature. Easy report generating for management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

The online scheduling for our offices that is not part of our EMR which requires patients to log into a portal in order to schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There has been time delays in updating the available appointments so this creates overbooking Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To realize that this product can be personalized to your needs but will take time to create and test because of this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Allowing patients to create an appointment outside of office hours. We've realized patients want other options than just calling in during 8-5. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

We like Luma because it allows us constant contacts with our patient base through a drastically reduced use of the labor force. Luma consistently assists us with filling appointment vacancies and cancellations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The biggest downside to Luma is the limitations as it related to scheduling specifics for doctors. There is some (but not a lot) of inflexibility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure it is compatible with your scheduling needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Luma allows our staff to spend more time on other things related to the office. It is also helping us to reduce our no show rates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

The effectiveness of the patient communication and the ability to reduce our No Shows by 50%. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a few hickups with the technology, but they have been able to address them as they come up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to save employee time by not having to play phone tag with patients. Also, we are able to fill the no show appointment slots much more effectively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director Clerical Services
What do you like best?

The customer service and willingness to listen to requests and suggestions for product improvement or new programming and actually working on the request. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The occasional glitch after updates. When an update is done we have experienced issues of appointments being cancelled when they shouldn't be and appointment reminders sent with incorrect date and time of appointment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend this system. It increases staff efficiency & productivity through its unique features and programs. Patients and staff love the product. We make use of almost every feature available and have made requests for additional programming for our practice. The customer service excels and they are willing to listen and actively work with the engineering department to make our requests a reality. Their communication .with us is always prompt. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to contact our patients almost immediately with any type of messaging - particularly when we experience last minute provider outages. Luma has provided patient instructions for procedures / testing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Practice Admin
What do you like best?

Their customer service has been amazing. Anytime we have an issue or a new idea, they take the time to discuss the initiative and direct us to better outcomes. They also help to facilitate new ideas in the coming quarters. Their response time is fantastic. They are willing to help set up and show us even the most daunting tasks if we ask them to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some new launches still need a little work but they are open to the criticism if needed. The insurance card feature is a work in process but helps to provide feedback to the office. As well, some ideas I have given them are slated for a much longer road map when I think they could integrate sooner for better results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product has helped with our overhead as many of the tasks that we have running through LUMA are automated. It is easy to set it and forget as LUMA will take care of the rest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We utilize LUMA for all our patient communication, from reminders and appointment confirmations, to customized actions for specific visit types. We are able to put clickable links in the automated texts and emails we send out, as well as insurance updates and new patient reminders. We are also able to direct message a patient through text which helps to communicate with the patient when we can not get ahold of them by phone or email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Practice Operations Manager
What do you like best?

We have been using LumaHealth for about a year. We were using another confirmation company before, but it never really worked properly. So we cancelled that plan and our staff started calling each and every patient to remind them of their appointment. LumaHealth found us during that time and we were impressed with the demonstration. We have a fairly young demographic, mostly 20's to 40's and we have been noticing with that many of our patients do not answer their phones, return calls or often times their voicemail is not setup or is full. But they receive and read their texts. Because of this, we recently reached out to LumaHealth to ask how we can send an individual text and they walked us through the process. This has worked really well when a provider had a schedule change and we needed to move appointments. Patients are more likely to receive and respond to a text than a phone call. We currently call patients when they “no show” for an appointment. We will be changing our protocol here shortly on that as well. Luma Health walked me through the steps to send out a broadcast message to all patients that did not show for the day. While we will have to check the box for each patient one by one, it will still save our staff time because they will not have to call each one.

LumaHealth has been very helpful and super friendly this whole time. Some companies are only great when you are in the process of deciding and when you first sign up, but LumaHealth has not changed in the year that we have been with them. We haven’t had a lot of questions, but they still check in with us from time to time to make sure everything is still okay. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If only Luma Health was set up to send out a "no show" text automatically. That would be fantastic, but otherwise, I have no complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You won't regret it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The time savings for our staff is huge. It frees them up to get other tasks completed. We have found that our parents have come to expect the text reminder, which reduces our “no shows.” We haven’t experienced any issues with LumaHealth not communicating with e-MDs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Broadcasts have been the most helpful concept for us. It is extremely useful when we have to send a mass message to over 70 patients of changes on any given day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the fact that we can't call customer service. I am using having this option for other services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One issue that I keep having is when the password needs to be changed. Our EMR system requires that a password change be done every 90 days and we had more than a few times that the system locks them out due to the failure of updating the password. This will create the system no syncing for a few days until it has been reset again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.