Jive

Jive

Jive Communications provides enterprise-grade Hosted VoIP and Unified Communications to businesses and institutions.

Work for Jive?

Learning about Jive Hosted VoIP?

Jive Reviews

Ask Jive Hosted VoIP a Question
Filter ReviewsClear All Filters
Showing 475 Jive Hosted VoIP reviews
Jive Hosted VoIP review by User

"very prompt and responsive"

What do you like best?

very prompt and responsive service josedisoa

What do you dislike?

follow up a little too heavy. felt a bit bombarded by messages before I had a chance to review their response.

customized reports to track phone usage

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Jive
Jive Hosted VoIP review by Burton R.
Burton R.

""Incredible telephone framework""

What do you like best?

Jive is predictable, uptime and call quality are right on target! Scrambling calls...I've done this with a few different merchants and seen it take days or even weeks, however with Jive (accepting you have a perfect telephone), its only a tick!

The thing is, Jive approaches their whole stage with a dimension of effortlessness that flaunts how well their group thoroughly considered the item, just as the things they didn't care for about different items, in light of the fact that the vast majority of the things I don't care for about different items aren't in Jive! For being such a youthful item, it is at a develop organize, and I'm certain that it will just show signs of improvement.

What do you dislike?

Non-HIPAA agreeable virtual faxing. I'm trusting that changes soon!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are searching for a telephone framework that is anything but difficult to utilize and has great help. I would suggest Jive. I do consider JIve that much which is something worth being thankful for in light of the fact that it works pretty flawlessly.

We changed from MItel, and the thing that matters is night and day. Telephone calls are completely clear, the UI is direct, client setup is basic, and the whole framework is substantially more proficient for my group of architects. It gives us our time back!

What VoIP solution do you use?

Jive Hosted VoIP review by User

"Good for connecting with people in office"

What do you like best?

It helps me to organize my phone contacts and system, including sorting through voicemails and finding contacts quickly

What do you dislike?

I don't like how you cannot necessarily edit your address book if you aren't an administrator

I am using this to stay organized when it comes to voicemails and missed calls

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Daniel C.
Daniel C.

"Great phone service!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use of all features. Customer service is always helpful if I have any questions also.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. The phone and my services meet all of my business needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are easier to use than Ooma and the price is great also. I would highly recommend the services.

Fax via the computer. Professional incoming call handling with many options for the caller to use.

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Jeffrey S.
Jeffrey S.

"I love my Jive"

What do you like best?

Clarity of the call is the best I have heard. Unbelievable

What do you dislike?

I can’t think of anything. What are you talking about?

Faster dialing through my CRM

"Jive review "

What do you like best?

Quick response from customer service and programmiable setting on portal

What do you dislike?

The fact that I can’t add my own phone to the system

Easy to use solution, easy to change configuration

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Deborah S.
Deborah S.

"Great system for any office - even one with an IT department"

What do you like best?

Wonderful customer service and GREAT video/Youtube support. I can basically get any question answered quickly, easily, and clearly - even though I am not a 'phone' person

What do you dislike?

I was extremely skeptical about using Jive initially and looked to see if we should bring phone management in house - DON'T DO IT! No negative!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't consider - do it!

Jive takes care of all of phone needs - individual, conferencing, faxing, etc. They provide the hardware AND software - it's easy as 1,2,3. Benefit is that it is the holy grail of outsourcing - good, fast AND cheap. I can have all 3!

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Dallas Y.
Dallas Y.

"Great customer service and stable service."

What do you like best?

The Jive team is always straight forward and tries to come to a solution as quickly as possible. They also communicate openly about technical issues and send regular status updates on the progress. Any time we have questions they are willing to help and are very patient, even when we don't know the exact question that we need answered.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike when their service has been so good. Any calls that have dropped have been on our customers side because they usually call from cell phones, not due to Jive's service. The mobile app can sometimes have a hiccup, but it's usually a brief moment. Also I believe it goes through wifi so that could be an issue on my end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They're very easy to work with. I didn't know how to do the setup but they walked me through it. All of the setup was done over the phone, they told me what buttons to push on the phones. Jive helped input the data needed to make the setup and integration go smoothly.

Stable connections to ensure solid communication with our customers. The mobile app also allows our team members to work from home if needed.

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Nestor M.
Nestor M.

"Coming from Easy Office"

What do you like best?

Really good service, easy to use, easy to configure. Customer Support is a little bit late, but it's great. Recommended

What do you dislike?

They take a little more of what we expected to solve problems, but they do it at the end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep Improving, get a desktop app. Web interface should be a little bit more attractive to regular users, but it's pretty good so far.

Actually we have the same benefits as we had with Easy Office, but a little more easy to deal with dial plans and everything

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

We've had very little issues with the phones in general; they're very user friendly. The few times I have contacted tech support, I've received a very quick response.

What do you dislike?

The website is a little complicated for what it is. It could be more simple and easier to navigate.

Less troubleshooting. One less thing to worry about throughout the day.

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Consultant

"Jive - Simple, Reliable, & Feature Rich"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of Jive is one of it's best features. It's also jam packed with features and extremely reliable. We use Jive as our exclusive VOIP service for all of our clients.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I've had issues with is the intercom feature. It's a bit of a hassle to set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know which features you want ahead of time so you can implement them right away.

We are using it to replace old PBX systems and our customers are very happy! They enjoy all of the features and the reliability.

"Jive"

What do you like best?

The convenience of using my smartphone as the business phone when I'm not in the office

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike it, but the phone app could use some improvements

Recommendations to others considering the product

go for it

Being able to block spam calls is a great time saver

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Jeff H.
Jeff H.

"Great Service"

What do you like best?

Jive allows us to use our cell phone as an office phone through the app. This eliminates the need to give out personal cell numbers.

What do you dislike?

If the Internet is down, the phones are down. Other than that, we love the system.

Reduced telecom expense. Ease of administration of the phone system.

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Christina C.
Christina C.

"Easy and effective"

What do you like best?

Easy to customize your messages and routings

What do you dislike?

This survey was not user friendly on phone

Recommendations to others considering the product

Na

Easy to reroute calls and adjust as we see fit ourselves

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Administrator

"Quit Looking at the Cell Phone!"

What do you like best?

Simple user interface and I don't ever need to look at my cell phone while at work.

What do you dislike?

While everything works well with Jive, it feels a bit outdated or clunky. Maybe update the graphic design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The features are limited but the user interface is so easy to use.

I am a student success coach, and with Jive, I get to engage with students who otherwise would not respond. I like that I have all my messages in one spot, neatly organized, with first and last name, and it's quick and easy.

"Great Team and service"

What do you like best?

The phones work very well. The ability to always get someone to help

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing I really dislike.. The service is wonderful and serves it's purpose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Awesome service

reaching our customers

"Quick response"

What do you like best?

Ease of getting in contact. Being available 24/7

What do you dislike?

Having to get approval from admin. We were hoping to have user permissions to contact support to make changes

changing dial plan

Jive Hosted VoIP review by David S.
David S.

"So much better..."

What do you like best?

Jive is consistent, uptime and call quality are spot on! Encrypting calls...I've done this with several other vendors and seen it take days or even weeks, but with Jive (assuming you have a compatible phone), its just a click!

The thing is, Jive approaches their entire platform with a level of simplicity that shows off how well their team thought out the product, as well as the things they didn't like about other products, because most of the things I don't like about other products aren't in Jive! For being such a young product, it is at a very mature stage, and I'm confident that it will only get better.

What do you dislike?

Non-HIPAA compliant virtual faxing. I'm hoping that changes soon!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! You can roll it over slowly or all at once, but you won't regret it!

We switched from MItel, and the difference is night and day. Conference calls are crystal clear, the UI is straightforward, user setup is simple, and the entire system is much more efficient for my team of engineers. It gives us our time back!

"I like Jive"

What do you like best?

Reliable service and billing, prompt customer and tech support

What do you dislike?

Not enough flexibility working with CRM systems, which is becoming more and more critical for us

We can count on Jive for consistent, quality telecom

Jive Hosted VoIP review by User

"Simple, Powerful, Succinent "

What do you like best?

Navigating through voicemails is much easier on my smartphone rather than office phone. Office phones, even the fancy ones are pretty antiquated now.

What do you dislike?

sometimes some of the buttons in the mobile app aren't as responsive as possible. Requiring multiple presses to activate, etc

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the mobile app

Jive allows our users to stay connected wherever they are. This improved efficiency and by extension saves money.

"Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

How efficiently problems are handled when they arise - great follow-through.

What do you dislike?

Wait time for the Jive support team - way too long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Expect a long wait time when calling their Jive Support Team - very helpful once you get someone but, it takes a long time to wait to get a support tech on the line.

Jive mobile app problems, and voicemails going to the wrong extensions

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Ellwood H.
Ellwood H.

"Great phone system...Needs wider integrations"

What do you like best?

The phone system works--period. They gave me free Cisco 2 line phone and I was able to setup my routing plan with relative ease. Now my clients call and the get a professional phone pbx with call routing, hold music, ques, and voicemail.

There phone and chat support is very good and always solved my issue.

All this with a low usage line for my physical fax.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had a generic integration API. They also only integrate with PAID CRM programs, not the free accounts everyone, including Zoho and Hubspot, offers. I am a single person tax office able to do a lot due to technology and it would be great to have my phone system integrate with these free limited user programs as I need to be able to take advantage of these limited user programs. It just seems they are promoting and trying to get more sales for their partners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it...You'll like it.

Integrations have been the biggest issue for me as explained above. The greatest benefit is a great phone system for much less than the local phone company and other VOIP services.

"enjoying Jive"

What do you like best?

Online portal is easy to use and their customer service is great.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes representatives don't know the answer to your question.

They provide all our phone services.

"Simplifies "

What do you like best?

Easy portal access to change call plans and update regular/holiday schedule. Reliable on-the-go access to voicemail/calls/text.

What do you dislike?

Frequent outages prevent us from communicating with our clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that you may not receive notice when you are switched from previous carrier to Jive... one day we just did not have service and needed cables and setup on the fly.

Our advisors are always on the go. It is wonderful to be able to transfer a call from the office to the advisor on the road, so they never miss an opportunity to connect with a client.

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Administrator

"Perfect for our small business!"

What do you like best?

The practicality of the app, the level of control the office has, and the support that Jive provides.

What do you dislike?

Issues includes app reboot issues and transferring calls sometimes can be a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jive is very easy to use and a great tool if you deal with snow days or telecommunication.

Working remotely with Jive allows us to take member calls even when we are snowed in a cannot get to the office. We can set it up from our phones and it is a huge advantage, especially if we are waiting on payment calls. It means that we are not loosing money by not being in the office.

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Amy M.
Amy M.

"Excellent Service and Customer Care"

What do you like best?

I love that when I call Jive, regardless of the type of inquiry, I'm talking to a person right away. They make contact by email so that you can always get in touch with the same person who you were speaking with on the phone. They make set up easy and continued monitoring or administration is a breeze! They provide lots of materials and videos for you to watch so that you can make the most of the services they offer! I love Jive. Best decision I made for my small business!

What do you dislike?

I purchased a second phone in advance of when I wanted to start using it and they started billing for a second line on receipt of the phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate to use Jive. Best decision I made for my small business.

I can be accessible to my clients at all time - not just when I am in my office. Everything is easy to use and customer service is top notch.Jive has enabled me to make my business more mobile.

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Administrator

"Not tech savvy andtech people are patient and fantastic. Cannot overemphasize the patient part"

What do you like best?

Technical support. I have called numerous times which seemingly basic questions and tech support has spent hours on the phone with me responding to my satisfaction. Very pleased with technical support. I have had calls drop during a tech session and the tech ALWAYS reaches back out and stays with me until we find a solution.

What do you dislike?

Hold times for assistance are too long for a tech savvy company. Hold times are also too long for when you want to add a service. I would prefer not to wait for tech service but waiting to spend money is just not an acceptable way to run a business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to implement, great technical support, web portal is fairly easy to navigate.

I am a basic user of jive - just want a phone that works consistently with limited features. I do not take advantage of any business solutions other than phone, fax and conference calls. I would consider doing more but it would need to be with technical support and initiated by Jive.

"Best VoIP service"

What do you like best?

Best VoIP service there is! I love all the features you can do with Jive like custom extensions, custom hold music and more like call recording which has helped my business greatly! I love all the phones they have especially the Cisco 8841 which I use on a daily basis! I would definitely recommend Jive to anyone who is looking for a VoIP service for their business!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that it is a little on the pricey side! But I was able to talk to them and they were able to change the plan I have with them so that my monthly bill did get a little cheaper!

I love that I can have the call recording which has helped my business out but also I love that I can have the service forward to my cellphone when I am not at the office it will ring my desk phones and my cellphone at the same time.

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Ashlyn L.
Ashlyn L.

"Great cusotmer help"

What do you like best?

You are great at training people like me

What do you dislike?

How long we have to sit on the phone and wait

Being able to communicate to each other

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Christopher E.
Christopher E.

"Every time something comes up, the problem is fixed asap"

What do you like best?

Customer Service is great, also the text feature for business.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we ghost calls that wont stop coming in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Phones, Text - Patients will communicate through text easier than phone calls.

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Carrie E.
Carrie E.

"Jive is AWESOME!!"

What do you like best?

Customer Service is very, very helpful and super courteous and patient.

What do you dislike?

Really... nothing! They are fantastic. I have called a few times throughout the year and they are always the same! Helpful and courteous!!

Desk top communication and follow-me features are perfect.

"Always providing excellence"

What do you like best?

We have total control and access to our system.

What do you dislike?

cant think of anything at this time, we really do enjoy the services!

We can access from anywhere! So no need to only be in office.

"Good Service"

What do you like best?

They Respond right away to service requests.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the phone system itself. Not very user friendly.

It's doing ok for business purposes for now.

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Charlie P.
Charlie P.

"Excellent Experience"

What do you like best?

Since working with Jive I have become a preferred partner and am now reselling their product as well as using it. They have features and functionality that is unsurpassed in the industry at a price-point that is affordable to all.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I have found that is less than favorable is that their only corporate directory integration is in the LDAP arena (Active Directory), most companies I work with are not at that level and therefore unable to incorporate a corporate directory presently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seriously consider Jive. If you would like to discuss them more feel free to reach out to me.

Saving money while gaining more functionality than was previously available from my other VoIP provider. Also having the ability to make changes on the fly coupled with their excellent support staff has made the transition painless.

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Catherine W.
Catherine W.

"Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Jive's customer service is the best around.

What do you dislike?

Some of the complicated processes to set up phone lines

More affordable than other phone systems

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Administrator in Consumer Services
Administrator in Consumer Services

"Just what I was looking for"

What do you like best?

The system is very full featured and gives us lots of flexibility, without the hassle of transferring lines, etc. It is perfect for our small company and employees who often work offsite. The Tech Support team is excellent -- very knowledgeable and helpful. I've never once stumped them with my questions or concerns.

What do you dislike?

Trying to make changes to the dial plan for adding a sound clip for weather closings, etc. is impossible on a mobile device -- I've tried to do it. Also, we've had to do some elaborate work arounds so that all my folks can access calls for their extension, as well as the main line when they are manning the office. Not ideal, but we've made it work. But as a result, I wind up getting notification of calls to their extensions, too. Finally, we can't do texting because our number is an 855 number. Not a major complaint, though.

More flexible, was able to drop our land line, good mobile app for our work outside the office.

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Chris A.
Chris A.

"Great features, Great Service, Great price"

What do you like best?

I moved from Ring Central to Jive primarily because Ring Central is way to expensive. Jive has all the same features and beter customer service.

What do you dislike?

I’d rather the fax interface was not done through email.

Great phone and fax service.

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Joshua B.
Joshua B.

"Horrible Customer Support & Deceptive Sales"

What do you like best?

Can't think of anything at this time. Have not had any positive experiences.

What do you dislike?

Horrible Customer Support & Deceptive Sales. Signed up for Jive & GoToMeeting in Sept 2018, as of Feb 2019, still can't get access to GoToMeeting. Each party states it is the others responsibility. Customer Service refused to give me a supervisor, 2nd rep transferred back to auto attendant and other company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Might want to consider another service

Would like service I paid for. When requesting a supervisor I get one.

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Robert P.
Robert P.

"Sorry we had to leave"

What do you like best?

Jive did a great job at what we need (forwarding calls from virtual phone number to individual's cell phones). The texting was not a great part of that, but they were working on that. We just had to quit using it because our company made it difficult to pay the bill.

What do you dislike?

Like I said, the texting wasn't that great (it was in Beta), but I did appreciate that they were working to make it better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Thisa very good service. Texting ability was not as good as we would like, but they are working on that.

N/A

"Good to have"

What do you like best?

Overall connectivity is fine and can be used with slow internet connection as well.

What do you dislike?

Customer support line takes an hour to connect.

I am able to make and receive phone calls on the go.

"Great phone system"

What do you like best?

I love the portal and how easy it is to set up the dial plans.

What do you dislike?

I would like an online chat feature if I need help with something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adding phones should not be super expensive.

We had 1 very basic office phone. We now have 8 phones and 2 different location all using Jive!

Jive Hosted VoIP review by William B.
William B.

"Excelent! Awesome tech support. Great pricing!"

What do you like best?

Excelent! Awesome tech support. Great pricing!

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything. Can't think of anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great experience

I was forced in to a situation which required reducing business overhead. Jive cut my costs by nearly $200 month.

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Executive Sponsor in Insurance
Executive Sponsor in Insurance

"Lots of options but unreliable and support is awful"

What do you like best?

The configuration tool is amazing and works like very nice on-premise phone systems.

What do you dislike?

Things don't always work (e.g. faxes receivers fail and then start working again, website constantly has issues, etc.). Support is slow and unhelpful. It takes multiple days to respond to outages and usually the problem fixes itself or they do something and don't admit something was broken. Most of the responses from support are kick the can down the road sort of responses.

Enterprise configurable phone solution that is cloud-based was the goal. We have achieved that but the solution isn't as stable as we expected.

Jive Hosted VoIP review by MERCO B.
MERCO B.

"Jive review"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to make changes on the fly. When someone was sick or had unexpected weather related closures, it is easy to make those changes from home.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike other than the transition from one system to another

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely request a demo so you can see the product in action. I'd ask to see how the attendants work and how you make the various assignments per phone line/extension. Whenever we have needed a refresher or some help, Jive Tech Support is very helpful, even if your question is ridiculous - like unintentionally pushing the do not disturb feature and wondering why no calls were coming in.

Being able to make quick changes as needed. The phone features work very well and somewhat easy - although this is a learning curve involved.

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Christina W.
Christina W.

"Simple to Use, and Easy to Set Up"

What do you like best?

I love the dial plans, and also how easy it is to assign numbers to users and transfer calls around.

What do you dislike?

The jive app could be better. Every now and then it freezes up and has to be uninstalled and reinstalled. Not a horrifically big deal, but it can be irritating. It is getting better though. Every time they do an update, the stability of the app improves.

Internal communications. We can assign numbers around, and our PM's don't have to give out their personal line.

Jive Hosted VoIP review by User

"Good dependable service with many options for programming"

What do you like best?

The fact that you can set up your system the way you want the calls routed, forwarded, captured etc. One of the coolest features is that I have the JIVE app on my phone and all calls come through my phone when away from the office. That way I can dial out from my cell phone but the clients see the business phone number as the number I am calling from.

What do you dislike?

At first the programming is a little confusing until you understand the logic and then it makes complete sense. But the customer service is great for helping your work through what you are trying to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TRY IT

Low cost phone service with options and reliability.

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Administrator

"Great Service and System"

What do you like best?

Ability to program functions, equipment, reporting

What do you dislike?

Nothing all is good. If I need to call servcie always very helpful

Organizing calls to departments

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Administrator

"Best Phone and Fax service I've had by far!"

What do you like best?

I like how they pick up the phone quick when I am running into a problem and they help guide me through the process. Also the fax service is great! I like how i can receive incoming fax through my email. Works really well when I am not in the office.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how sometimes during a call the person on the other line cannot hear me very well or I cannot hear them. I do not know why that happens but it can be irritating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend, good quality and better service.

In my business we work mostly making phone calls so having a good phone service provider is really important.

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Administrator in Investment Banking
Administrator in Investment Banking

"A+ Customer Service!"

What do you like best?

Wonderful customer service - always there to help!

What do you dislike?

The website is not always user friendly, but once you figure it out it's not too hard.

Great way to organize phone lines & directory within a business.

Jive Hosted VoIP review by Administrator

"best VoIP service period. "

What do you like best?

Customer service, tech support, ease of use, cost

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more support to sync our CRM with our VoIP service to automate things like identifying current customers, or screen pop on with tracking on inbound calls from call queues.

ability to run a small call center with the big box tools at an affordable price.

Learn more about Jive

Jive Videos

Learning about Jive?

* We monitor all Jive reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.