Linux Mint Reviews & Product Details

UA
What do you like best?

Linux Mint provides a powerful alternative to both the Windows and iOS environments. I particularly love that is a complete product with applications that provide similar, if not the exact same, functionality found in the more heavily marketed productivity software packages. Linux Mint also provides a level of portability I have not seen in other operating systems. I can literally install the operating system to be fully functional from a USB and access ALL productivity and other software - literally picking up my workflow from where I left it. It is a life saver as it fully integrates with many of the cloud-based solutions I already use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not yet found a dislike with Linux Mint. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My first recommendation would be to join a user group for support before tackling Mint. It is not necessarily as "out of the box" as Windows or iOS, but once the basics are achieved, Mint certainly is easily installed and implemented. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Linux Mint presents a very secure way of utilizing your own operating system at your client's office without using your own equipment. Integrating Mint with a number of cloud-based solutions will provide a level of security unrivaled by Windows or iOS. I can literally walk into a client's office, be offered a system that has a Wi-Fi connection and USB port and be up and running on my own system - saving me time and alleviating worries about laptop and device security. Finally, I love the fact that I can use Linux Mint on my phone - making it the core OS of my device and tightening security and integration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Linux Mint Overview

What is Linux Mint?

Linux Mint produces a modern, elegant and comfortable operating system which is both powerful and easy to use.

Linux Mint Details

Linux Mark Institute
2006
N/A
@Linux_Mint
Answer a few questions to help the Linux Mint community
Have you used Linux Mint before?

Linux Mint Reviews

Showing 48 Linux Mint reviews
Already have Linux Mint?
Sofware Engineer
What do you like best?

A list of what I like the most:

- It's Free Software, I can take all the advantages that it has..

- Virus free, it makes me prefer Linux than Windows.

- It is easy to use, thanks to its friendly and intuitive graphical interface.

- It is very easy to install.

- It has different options to get the best performance out of the Hardware resources you have in your computer.

- It contains robust security protocols, which allows it to be used on servers where sensitive information is stored.

- Coming from Ubuntu, you can use its repositories, which implies that there is a large amount of software compatible with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

List of what I don't like:

- In my free time I like to play on the computer. This detail makes Linux Mint not my main choice, since there are few games compatible with this operating system.

- I must use the terminal more than I would like, in this case, I prefer Windows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to make a transition from proprietary software to free software, this is the ideal operating system ... Even if you are already part of the Free Software community and what you are looking for is a sober distribution, with a nice graphical interface and that is efficient and efficient in their tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Linux Mint has helped me protect the servers in the company I used to work for. Being virus-free, this operating system is ideal for managing servers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Webmaster
What do you like best?

What I like most about Linux Mint, among its countless virtues is that it is a robust operating system (and why not? If it is "son" of Ubuntu) with different characteristics that guarantee the end user a very familiar experience, intuitive and with very few complications. You can choose between different graphical environments adjusted to the resources you have on your personal computer. Periodically upgradeable (only if you wish) this operating system has a large number of applications in its repository that will make you forget other proprietary operating systems faster than you might believe. It has a good support and also has a very large community on the Internet with great documentation. Another detail to highlight is that it is virus-free ... Or rather, it is not the target of attacks like other more famous operating systems. This allows you to carry out your tasks in a reliable and safe environment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Two details are notable as defects:

1- Incompatibility with most of the most famous games that work on Windows. If your goal is to have a computer to dedicate to games, Linux Mint is not what you are looking for.

2- The console (terminal) is still used too much in Linux Mint. Although it is (in part) for security reasons, it is surprising how easily programs are installed on operating systems such as Windows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My main recommendation (especially for those who are thinking of changing from Windows to Linux) is that they have both operating systems installed. If this is really your main goal, a bit of Windows will always be necessary, then it is better to manage the two operating systems on the same machine and access them as the moment requires. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Linux Mint has helped me to manage servers in my work with greater security. By having a fairly robust firewall, which is a guarantee of security and being "immune" to windows viruses, it is ideal for jobs like this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Linux Mint
Psychologist
What do you like best?

LinuxMint is Debian-based, so it can run most Debian and Ubuntu software packages. It's super-fast. I install it on single-core computers or old reconditioned PCs and laptops because it boots really fast on them and the setup takes just a few clicks. It's always mantained and updated and everything works well out of the box. It also includes audio and video drivers so media will play out of the box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The latest ISO sizes are bigger and bigger. LinuxMint used to be very lightweight. Newer versions stopped supporting the x86-32 architecture. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I recondition old PCs for kids that can't afford them and I always install LinuxMint on them. It's fast and the installation takes just a bit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Linux mint seems to come from another world. It is an operating system that meets your needs efficiently and without many complications. It has a graphical environment very similar to Windows, which facilitates the migration process. It is ideal for anyone who wants a change of scene and start in the world of free software. It has a huge amount of free software available to be installed, generating almost no compatibility problems. The best thing is that it takes into account users with computers with low technological resources. It is also safe and robust. An experience from another world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In general terms, Linux Mint inherits the biggest flaw and to some extent responsible for the use of any linux distribution not being as widely used and that is the compatibility with games. It is an area in which they must improve. I keep starting my computer in Windows if I want to play, even though I don't want to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep going like this. You're in a good direction! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I no longer have virus problems on my computer. It's more comfortable for me to work with removable memories thanks to that. In the same way, it has helped me in my work to have more confidence when accessing the company's servers remotely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

II
What do you like best?

The best feature in any linux operating system is non other than its bash terminal but in linux mint it's powerful processing and task management is really amazing you can easily find most of your work related tools in application store which makes linux mint a very productive operating system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Linux mint boot time is quite huge as compared to other non linux based operating system, while installing docker linux mint directly was not able to install docker but with some substitute commands its working in linux mint. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended for all organisations if they want to adopt any linux based os then the first preference should be linux mint. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using linux mint in our organisation from last 3 years, and we find linux mint is very good and productive operating system for developers as its speed of processing is very huge and it does not leg as other os like windows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Linux mint is an amazing operating system which has helped developers alot to make their work easy. It provides almost every app for free which is not available in other OS and also their installation is also very easy using terminal.

It has a user friendly interface which makes it mor interesting to use. It always comes up with some new feature in its update.

It is a very secure operating system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think it consumes high battery and memory also. One should have a system with good configuration to work on this OS Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recommended to everyone as this operating system is amazing and make your work very easy. Try it once amd you will love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Linux mint is helping me alot in my development work. I can easily install most of the apps needed for my organizational work. I also tried making servers using linux mint. It gives us variety of options. It is one of the best member in the family of ubuntu. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

* It runs on lower spec hardware than Windows 10.

* Most of the applications I use are included in the Linux Mint distro, and are updated automatically.

* Chrome/Chromium and Firefox browsers, Thunderbird email client and Rednotebook are included in the installation.

* Based on Ubuntu Linux, so there is plenty of documentation for compatible packages.

* Simple installation process for Linux Mint that can overwrite Windows, or coexist with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

* SAS software is available for Linux Mint, but is more expensive to licence than on Windows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

* Continuing to productively use laptops that have become too slow when Windows was installed on them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

II
What do you like best?

Linux mint is the best operating system. It's graphical user interface is also very amazing. It is very secure and virus free operating system. It is very easy to setup and use. any beginner can easily operate it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have used it for a long time according to me there is nothing to dislike in this operating system as it is a very secure also. It's interface is very user friendly and interactive also which makes it easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend this operating system to everyone as it is so easy to use that you can easily use it without any problems. It makes your work easier and effective also. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In Linux mint I can use more than one window at same time which help me in managing multiple task at same time. It's performance level is higher than other operating systems and it's battery consumption is also very low. It supports a wide range of software's which increase my performance level. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

II
What do you like best?

Linux mint is very easy to install and setup. It is a virus free operating system which makes it more secure. It's graphics are very good and different from other operating system. Every update of this operating system is very good and makes my work more easier. It's high performance make multiple task very easy. It's user friendly interface also create our work more easier. Linux mint is very effective and easy to use operating system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I feel that it consumes high battery and also requires good configuration of the system other than that this operating system is amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended to every one to make their work easy and enjoy it's benefits as it is easy to understand for beginners also. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Linux mint provides a large number of inbuilt application which makes my work easier. I use this operating system for professional as well as personal work. This operating system increase my performance level. It allow me to manage multiple task in an organized way. It's graphical user interface is also very good. It's software compatibility is also very good I can use almost all software's to make my work effective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

II
What do you like best?

I have worked on various versions of Linux but this is the most comfortable one I found to use. It has a very sound user interface which helps the user to understand and use it in a much better way.

It is very easy to install and is also very secure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Till this time, with some experience of using Linux Mint, I haven't found any major flaws in this yet. Although I felt that its battery consumption rate is high. Other than that, it is simple and easy to use OS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I will strongly recommend everyone to use this awesome Operating system to make your work easy and to learn a lot about such open-source tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Linux Mint helps me a lot in my development work at the organization. It is a great OS for the development with plenty of software support. With Linux mint we can easily work without any need of many hardware resources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

II
What do you like best?

Linux Mint is that is really easy to use It has very good graphics which is different from other operating systems. In this, I work on multiple windows and the special thing is that it does not hang and the battery performance is also very good Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not got any issue in this, due to which I have to execute it. Whereas from the rest of the operating system I found it quite easy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very good and easy operating system, it should be used for every organization, even in my office I recommend it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use all the office work in it, I also do meetings on Video calls, there is no obstruction, it is virus free, does not hang like other OS. It has very different software which is installed easily and helps in completing the work quickly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

II
What do you like best?

The best part of linux mint is its graphical user interface which is beautifully build. Every update bring some new change to it which is very useful. This Os is very secure and virus free. It support wide range of application softwares. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The installation process of application is not so straightforward in linuxmint. I always have to spend alot of time for installation of the application and its dependencies which requires lot of googling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended to everyone to explore the open source tool and to get better experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As linux mint has vert good interface and it supports most of the application, it helps me to use the software require in my organization for development, which i can not install in other OS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like in Linux Mint Is that there operating system is fabulous most of the users are used Linux Mint because of their battery performances or multiple tasks operate easily in linux mint. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I personally don't dislike anything in Linux Mint because I like that and every update is get new chance to get experience something new in Linux Mint. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend that you have use this operating system in your work.. I thinking you like this because of there multi function and multi purpose. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I think I have to use some applications in Linux but it's don't support in it that's but I see this in every update the some new things were I see in it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

II
What do you like best?

Just like its name, Linux mint is an impressive and safe interface for operating large number of software applications. Very useful and user-friendly OS compared to other linux distributors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Is is improving itself with every update and I have not faced any issue till now. I will recommend this to every software developer for an efficient and easy work platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For its easy setup and reliability, I will recommend this to everyone. Trust me you will not even require an Antivirus because of its in built security. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using Linux Mint for our DB management and due to its ease of use we also save a lot of effort in developing software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

II
What do you like best?

Linux Mint Is Easy Enough for Beginners. Even if you use it first the interface of it feels like a familiar place.. High processing., make task managememt easy or simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some app is not working properly., sometime the operating system were hack. Battery life is low Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In Linux Mint, there are many various desktop settings for developers to target, and there are many toolkits for them to use. The result is that apps come in many shapes and sizes through software design and are possibly even less compatible with Windows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technicians who are working behind all processing in Linux Mint were always try to do., that to provide better services to the user and improve CRM. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Linux is use for multipurpose for an organisation. The process in it and the work can be done in easiest way they memory management were awesome. Easily download. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Battery Consuming capacity is high. And difficulties faces at the time of different network connection. All Software are not support in linux Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think you have to use it. Because of working purpose, easy understandable for all new users. Better for it(Information technology) sector people. In different purposes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There operating system is fabulous i personally like that the tast were done in easily, efficiently or effectively. Easily working in Linux for the new users. Maximum applications are inbuilt in Linux. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

In Linux mint is like some things which are

1). Battery performance

2). There operating system

3). Every to use.

4). Fast performance.

5). Easy and comfortable for user to use Linux Mint. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Well from last 1 year I don't see any thing which i dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend everyone to use this virus free Operating system to make your work easy in every type of business and it was to simple to understand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Linux Mint for office purpose. It's was easy to use and simple too. Secure and virus free. Easily to update. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

II
What do you like best?

Linux mint is really a supper fast operating system with its amazing application manager and update manager its really easy to work with upto date applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Boot time is higher than normal linux distribution Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended for every organisation to adopt Linux mint. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Linux mint helps my organization to work better with it's amazing support and superfast processing i really enjoyed using linux mint i keep all my work with terminal easily and save my time overall linux mint make me more efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

I recently installed it on my laptop just to check its features and I must say that I was really impressed by its GUI and very easy to use. It auto installed all my drivers so that I didn't had to search for them. There were few built-in softwares as well for basic computer and internet operations.

It was very easy to install from USB Boot disk it boots into operating system and install icon is on the desktop so if you like what you see you can click on install and then proceed with proper install otherwise simple plug out your USB Boot Disk and go back to your original operating system installed on your hard disk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I tried to find something which I didn't like but it was hard to find other than mounting disk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend everyone to try atleast once you wont regret it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Currently have not used much for official work. Just tried to install and check the features Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ODOO
What do you like best?

Personally, what I like about Linux is a nice, practical interface combination with the robustness of the Linux Debian System, which is the main engine of Linux Mint. When the Ministry through the technology department gave the order to replace Windows 7, by the Linux operating system, the main objective of the Technology Directorate was to minimize the negative impact on the end user with regard to the custom of the Graphic Interface of Windows 7, and Linux Mint was the ideal solution for its graphical interface. Another thing that please Linux Mint is its variety of applications repository of different categories, they are completely free, where many programs are handled both in Windows and Linux, facilitating the user's transition to the world of Linux Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Linux Mint has a graphical interface, for me better than Windows 7, it has more help tools in the work environment, but these benefits have a negative effect because the machines, when loading simultaneous applications, the performance of the Processing is drastically reduced. to the point of disabling the computer, where it must be rebooted. Therefore, computers must be well equipped from the point of view of the processor and memory, to increase their performance. Other negative aspects that sometimes make me lose patience, is when an application must be installed motivated to the constant problems of the dependence of the programs. Therefore, you have to invest time to install an application that is much higher than the average for other operating systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The first problem that helped to solve Linux Mint was the transition from the end user of Windows 7 to the Linux operating system, which are two different platforms. The user adapted faster thanks to the friendly graphical interface of Linux Mint and the variety of programs offered. Another important solution is that in Linux there are no computer viruses, which was a headache for the technicians of the Ministry's technology department. You can not imagine the reduction of work hours in the elimination of computer viruses and the retrieval of documents. Just by not dealing with computer viruses makes it worth the change of operating system.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
Automotive
What do you like best?

Linux mint has it all: easy installation and configuration, plenty of software out of the box, online documentation, forums etc. for your questions. Really user-friendly for beginners. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Linux mint is a trade-off between what your hardware can do and "user-friendless". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're new to the Linux world, Linux mint can be your guide to the open-source software. It has a lot of software and most of it works nicely and can easily be installed right from the disto repository (aka "market" or "store"). So give it a try! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm using Linux Mint as one of the main distros to show people who are not used (yet) to the Linux world. They can start with Linux mint and understand the open-source world better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

II
What do you like best?

Linux mint provides amazing user interface with best driver's and software upgradation process, easy to manage stuff and very great performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Linux mint reboot takes a lot time and after reboot it kill all the recent process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very great application everyone must try this Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With linux mint i do most of my office work linux mint makes my work very easier and helps in boosting my performance Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Zimbra
What do you like best?

"Linux mint" is a distribution of the Linux system based on "Debian" that shows a friendly interface, with nice graphics, with many facilities for the user, which does not present any Linux operating system distribution. This distribution houses a wide range of programs based on free software, which facilitates the work of the user. At the same time, it has the fidelity and security of Linux-based systems. The updates of the versions always present substantial changes that improve the interface of the system. These changes are almost annual newspapers. Nowadays, the stable version is number 19. Another advantage is that the presence of virus is almost zero, if not 100% free of viruses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price of being the best distribution of the graphical interface of Linux, is that it requires good hardware (RAM) to improve the execution of the programs. If you do not have good hardware, your behavior with respect to data processing is slow. Another problem that has not improved like the other versions of Linux is the installation of the program and its weakness in the installation of its dependencies. Which requires a lot of research and time when installing a certain application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Linux Mint for those companies that need to change the operating system due to high maintenance costs. With respect to the impact that would cause the change of the operating system in the user, it would be minimized, since the interface of Linux Mint is simple, pleasant and similar in certain aspects to the operating system "Windows". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Linux Mint was an excellent option to replace "Microsoft Window" as an operating system, since its graphic interface minimizes the resistance to change of users. This system, due to its ease of use, facilitated the quicker adaptation of workers. The other aspect that benefited was the elimination of virus infection in the machines, minimizing the time spent on technical assistance and the cost of the license to acquire a licensed or patented antivirus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

II
What do you like best?

Linux mint provides great performance and reliable security updates on daily basis with Linux mint application installer it's really amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike about this Operation system amazing user experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended for every organisation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Linux mint provides all organization related basic operational application with easy to use interface and high performance which makes my performance better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

II
What do you like best?

Linux mint support almost all software with very easy installation in few seconds via terminal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In launch num lock become automatically off. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended it's really fast and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Linux mint helps me to do my office work as it's supper efficient and very easy to use it gives my work boost so that i can work better and be more productive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.