We have been using Lightspeed eCom for just over a month now. Aside from an initial issue with the configuration of our account, we have been extremely pleased with both the robustness of the platform and the customer service.
We migrated from BigCommerce where the customer support was non-existent, the technology consistently full of bugs and where they focus more of their time on their marketing puffery, than actually providing a product that delivers for customers.
Some of the pro's with Lightspeed include:
- Feature rich platform that does not require handfuls of apps to get basic functionality (like Shopify does).
- Blisteringly fast page load times that puts our site in the top 30% of sites for load times.
- Extensive selection of quality themes with functionality like customer accounts, and support tickets, quotes and marketing.
- Highly customizable with a back office that is well organized to locate and work with areas you need.
- Customer service, customer service, customer service! With Shopify the wait times are extended unless you are a Shopify Plus customer. With BigCommerce, you're lucky if they can resolve an issue on the first contact and oftentimes you will wait weeks for a reply, but with Lightspeed, every single interaction I have had with their support team for technical concerns has been resolved on the first call and some of these issues have been complex.
Keep in mind that if you are looking to use Lightspeed ecom and POS, DO NOT build out your ecom store until a new account has been provisioned as they need to link ecom and POS via a new account, not your trial. This was a mistake that we made!
Our biggest concern was latency with page loads with competitor platforms. Lightspeed knocks it out of the park with superfast page load time. Also, the number of apps that we need to install in negligible. We used to use BigCommerce and Shopify where we had to install a ton of apps to make things work.
The back office of Lightspeed is extremely functional, we have cut our administration time in half.