Lessonly Reviews & Product Details

Lessonly Overview

What is Lessonly?

Lessonly is powerfully simple training software that helps teams learn, practice, and do better work. We are used by over 3 million learners at over 1000 leading companies including Trunk Club, Ibotta, U.S. Cellular, and Zendesk to share knowledge, develop skills, and reinforce best practices. The result is faster onboarding, higher NPS scores, more closed deals, and a superior customer experience.

Lessonly Details

Lessonly is the powerfully simple training software that helps customer-facing teams learn, practice, and do better work.

Many of our competitors have been around for a lot longer than we have. That means they are loaded down with clunky technology and outdated feature sets that often slow progress to a sluggish, grinding halt. Lessonly is a breath of fresh, time-saving air. We pride ourselves on our simplicity and ease of use. We're not trying to be yet another traditional LMS, we're trying to help solve the training problem in a new way and our customers love us for it.

Lessonly

Lessonly Screenshots

Lessonly Reviews

Showing 370 Lessonly reviews
Already have Lessonly?
What do you like best?

Lessonly has fundamentally changed our onboarding process. Now we have the ability to bring on multiple hires at once, set them up for short and long-term success every time, and harness insights into their learning. Lessonly has allowed for a training regimen that simply was not possible for our company until now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If anything, I wish there were packages for smaller teams. We purchased a package for the minimum number of users, which I believe is 25. I think this platform really caters to the needs of small companies, and so I think a 10-user package would be good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use existing training content in your lessons, but also be prepared to write new content. It can be a heavy lift up front, but the benefit is worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Faster onboarding, better insights into learning retention, personal time savings, ability to hire multiple employees at once or in a staggered manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager of Self-Service and Content
What do you like best?

Lessonly has an incredibly intuitive interface, and building lessons is a breeze. We primarily use it to onboard new sales and support agents, and the response we've received at having interactive lessons has been very positive. Our agents actually enjoy taking time for training now!

It's also been a lifesaver in our ability to track who's done which training, and how they're doing. WIth their new analytics we can even spot trends, which helps us pinpoint where our training materials could be improved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We'd really like to have a view where we can see at a glance what lessons are included in which group learning libraries. Also, bulk functions - like tagging, adding to learning libraries, etc. That would be a huge time saver.

Lastly, I'm so happy they have a media library but it's not super usable yet. It's not intuitive to get to and we can't see which lessons the images are used in or organize the image files in anyway. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While the UI is super intuitive and the learning curve very easy with Lessonly, you'll still need to focus on how to create effective content - Lessonly is great about providing lots of resources on the most effective ways to structure information in lessons, and their experience managers help you plan your initial roll out, so there is plenty of guidance when you get started to ensure your rollout is successful.

My recommendation is to make sure that the person(s) in charge of developing learning content at your company are passionate about creating usable and interesting content, and they are excited to learn about how people learn and what makes a lesson effective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

first and foremost our onboarding of new agents has been much more successful. We've reduced the time it takes from hire to our agents being fully integrated into their teams by 3 months. The time it takes us to train on new features and integrations has also been reduced significantly.

Ensuring all information is disseminated to all stakeholders is now as easy as checking the lesson overview - no more reaching out to team managers and leads to see who needs training - it's all right there.

It's also given us an easier avenue to collect feedback on how effective our agents think the training is. If there is a confusing passage, or a concept requires further explanation, we know immediately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Lessonly has mastered the art of customer experience. Their tech solution is easy to use in an agile environment. It allows us to work with limited resources in a very fast paced digital selling environment. We have over a 99% user satisfaction rating. However, what truly sets Lessonly apart is how they serve their clients. They have truly demonstrated best in class partnership, aligning to our organizations goals and objectives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing we dislike about Lessonly! Lessonly has continually exceeded expectations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We need to move and adapt fast. We have limited training resources and sellers who need training delivered quickly and efficiently. Lessonly allows us to be agile in both execution and absorption of training content. We’ve expanded our team with Lessonly Services, allowing us to get more done. Most importantly, Lessonly has driven fast onboarding of new hires, higher cross-sell opportunity qualification and transformed the way our sellers go to market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Category Manager - Diversity
What do you like best?

What first drew me to Lessonly was the amazing sales staff that I worked with. They were knowledgeable, consistent and had a great overall sales process. As I started my partnership, I was really impressed overall with the company, it's mission and how they treat their customers. I was looking for a platform that wasn't overly complicated or expensive to utilize with my team. Having many platforms already, I needed something that was easy for them to utilize without being overwhelming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although I moved forward for the simplicity, sometimes it's too simple for my needs. But that's a give and take. I wish there were more ways to customize the platform to my teams needs. I would like to be able to customize the landing page further and add more depth to the lessons with fonts/colors etc. It's reporting capabilities are somewhat limited and not the easiest to filter. Hoping these items will improve over time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a consistent spot to hold all information for our team and a platform to help with onboarding new employees. With us going virtual this year, this has become even more important to create efficiencies for my training team. We have been able to reduce our in person training by almost 50% and provide multiple ways for employees to learn through lessons, videos and trainings. This helps break up training and provide an opportunity for employees to self-learn as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Lessonly is extremely easy to use, from lesson creation to publishing to assigning. It's a much more engaging way to communicate with the team (compared to say, a Google doc). I'm also a big fan of all the different elements that can be added to a lesson; embedded docs, videos, different text formats, pictures, and so on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an undo button for those times I accidentally delete a section of a lesson before it's published! The tables feature can also get distorted after publishing sometimes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Lessonly is an amazing tool and honestly we wouldn't be able to do what we do without it. Our entire CX team—including ourselves on the CX Training & Communications team—would be lost without it! It makes the large number of people we create lessons and ongoing resources for much more manageable, it's extremely user-friendly, and it allows us to interact with our teams on a regular basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My team and I use Lessonly as the main communication platform for our CX team. It helps them to have everything in one place that can be easily accessed and searched. The team has greatly benefited from having Lessonly as their one-stop-shop, and if they have questions or feedback, this is made simple by the "Ask the Expert" and "Feedback" features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Learning and Development Manager
What do you like best?

Lessonly is scaleable, easy to use, intuitive, and built with an eye for engagement. Their customer support is second to none, and since purchasing 6 months ago I have received such great care from their whole customer success team. The platform is so intuitive to use that I don't have to spend much time training my team or anyone at the company to create content, which saves me lots of time. Overall the company and the product really lend themselves to democratized learning, and I'm excited to see how much more we can build together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The homepage doesn't have as much customization as other platforms I looked at, but honestly after 6 months of use that is my only complaint. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One of our biggest goals with Lessonly was minimizing the amount of time that it takes to onboard new hires, and since we are growing so rapidly this was of utmost importance to us. We have been able to completely eliminate manual scheduling of calendars for new hires when it comes to content that everyone needs to learn and absorb within their first two weeks. We've also taken the knowledge of many SMEs throughout our organization and created repeatable, scaleable learning opportunities. Plus, we've taken advantage of a lot of content from Lessonly's pre-built catalog to offer small-scale professional development to our people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the ease of using their interface. Everything is laid out quite straight forward within their interface. You can easily add new users or check on their development within the system. Reports are easy to access and provide to colleagues or management. The creation system is what seals the deal. It's easy to get a hang of after you've created a lesson or two. It's also super easy for outside users to adopt and begin to create their own content. When creating content you have the ability to insert images, videos, or outside links. This is incredibly helpful for us since we often reference other industry standards which are in third-party webinars or blogs, etc. As a fully remote company, Lessonly also gives us the ability to keep our employees accountable which is the biggest concern for any remote company! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about Lessonly. I've had no issues, except for the slight hiccup on a blue moon (this is expected in the tech world). If I had to nitpick anything within their system it would be their ability to not copy/duplicate paths. There are times when I create a specific path for my company, but then need to create variants of it based on departments or their role. I'd love the ability to be able to add an existing path within a new path (you can already do this), but also individually edit any lessons within that existing path. It's a bit in-depth, but would make my life slightly easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would consider it immediately! Even if you don't have much content laying around, you can start with bare bones and allow your employees to go in and help build the structure with you. Ensure that you get Executive buy-in because their opinion and drive will help adoption go over effortlessly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Lessonly we are solving the problem of too much content in too many place with too few people having access. We want to get our team to centralize their processes and methods. This will make it easier for employees to know the right way to do their job. Additionally we plan to solve our compliance training through Lessonly by assigning and keeping track of individual's compliance levels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Enablement Manager
What do you like best?

Using Lessonly as a learner or a creator is very intuitive & therefore extremely easy to onboard people to. We have around 15% of people onboarded as creators within the first year of using Lessonly, & the eagerness to create learning content hasn't died down.

We use Lessonly across the company to ensure we onboard people effectively, we educate them on our customer support procedures and we update them on changes weekly throughout the company. Lessonly is fast-becoming the go-to source of knowledge within the team.

Lessonly was crucial in 2020 because of our team moving completely remotely for at least 13 months, and with us still hiring, we needed tools that would help us to put the learning out there & in the hands of the trainees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be ideal to be able to automatically export any updated results/attendance/completion into a format that our company uses so that our managers can view all company stats in one place, without having to enter Lessonly to do so. The links with Zapier are there but there aren't too many that would make that really easy to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Engagement in learning was a problem that our company faced. We offered each employee training for customer support in their first week of joining the company, but the support offered beyond that point was limited due to resourcing constraints. We used Lessonly to put in content that is only available in face-to-face training sessions into the hands of the learner, and allowed them to become self-led learners, with an on-demand learning platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Team Development Manager
What do you like best?

simple and super easy. Delegating lessons to experts is the huge win for us - SMEs build their own content and we can review before publishing.

It also does not make learning a click-through-for-points system which we like, the focal point is doing better work. It may seem counterintuitive at first but we see more engagement and skill increases.

Previous systems i used were point or badge based and I learned that learning wasn't always taking place, especially in a competitive workforce.

The sales and implementation teams are 100% supportive and their customer service is the best in the industry. (I have evaluated/implementation several in the past few years)

If you are a small team, you will not find better for support. They guided us every step of the way and their internal content creators are worth the add on package - a huge ROI. They also assisted us with rollout.

Our executive team was shocked at the level of service and seemed a little skeptical of their support at first and it was such a pleasure to prove that client first organizations exist and are inspiring!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A calendar view for upcoming changes would be great

Downsides are the technical pre existing content has a ton of Salesforce training which we don't use - if you do, it is a fantastic library.

Would love to see one report with just comments on all Lessons for our leadership to review. We have shifted slightly from strict numbers only reporting to a desire to see comments and numbers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Test the add on packages, like the online tutorials, it is 100% useful to us even though we are not a software focused group.

Having SMEs create their own content in less than an hour has been a HUGE win for our small department. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can easily do technical content with their add on function of screen tutorials. Every employee who has built one raves about how simple and user friendly it is

Soft skill training is just as quick to build.

Learners LOVE that there are no old, cheesy videos and hour long content. They are in and out with exactly what they need and when they need it. If your team claims they have no time to learn, Lessonly is a perfect solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Development
What do you like best?

Lessonly is a great platform to train the sales team. We weren't great adopters until our Sales Enablement team was onboarded and revamped Lessonly with a ton of content we had in google drive. Now these assignments can be assigned to people for completion and grading. Keeps everyone accountable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

From a user, nothing really. I'd imagine from an admin perspective it could get clunky like any tool if it becomes mismanaged with a ton of content that repeats itself. Don't think we're there yet, but keep that in mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's a great way to train your team (regardless of the team's function) and keep everyone accountable. Want everyone to watch a video and answer a couple questions you crafted? Put it on lessonly and assign it to every to be due next week. You can track who has done what there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solutions Support Expert
What do you like best?

It's a handy tool for simple learning modules and paths. You can share your module publicly, or limit the audience to a select number of learners.

There are handy items in the training material, such as flashcards and quizzes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Customization is limited. Font styles, page layouts, and background is all incredibly limited. It's not easy to add our own brand to our training materials. It just comes off as Lessonly.

The editor can be janky, especially with pasted content. Be mindful of where your line breaks are and always paste without formatting.

Content reuse is limited. Sometimes I'd just like to copy a page from a module and move it to another, and there's no way to do that. Instead, I'm relying on copy/paste, which results in some issues.

The editor has some bugs that can cause you to lose work if you're not careful.

Managing your content can become incredibly difficult if you don't lay out a framework beforehand. You rely on filters in order to find the content you're looking for, which I personally find annoying. I'd rather place things in folders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lessonly lets me create a quick learning path for onboarding users on our team, or laying out a fire plan. It's used across our organization to train internal and external team members. Sharing, updating and managing these lessons and users is relatively simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Karlie Briggs of Lessonly

Allan, thanks for taking the time to review Lessonly! I’ve shared your review with our product team. If you're open to a live feedback session, we’d love to hear more—we’re always looking for ways to improve! - Karlie at Lessonly

What do you like best?

The ability to create comprehensive, connected lessons for both onboarding and continual learning is unparalleled. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The system does have some limitations when it comes to physical or hands-on work; you can read about hanging shelves or setting up phone systems as much as you want, but unless you get actual experience you won't learn as well. That being said, using Lessonly as a starting point and for reminders as you go through the process is very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Taking the onboarding process from a start and stop, supervisor-to-supervisee process to a continual, comprehensive, employee-led system has been excellent. We've also increased employee self-reliance where frequent tasks are concerned, since instead of having to ask for details the employee can find the Lessonly and remind themselves. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the portal. There are clear distinctions between work assignments and supplemental content. The platform is organized very neatly. It is so important to have a clear home for internal training, so I am very happy that we are using Lessonly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No downfalls that I can see! Perhaps some customizability for each individual could be nice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are centralizing employee training with Lessonly. Our staff now has a clear platform where they can access all staff educational content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

It's easy to create new content. It's also easy to view analytics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's a lack of text formatting features.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're solving the problem of not having a unified source of knowledge for the company. The benefits realized are the problem indicated as well as easy tracking of accomplishments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

The Lessonly interface is easy to use to create content and assign to our team. We can enable the content creation tasks to those that know it best and still maintain a consistent look and feel for all curriculum. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My dislikes is more a limitation of our own internal security constraints and as a result we are not able to use as some "out of the box" features. In order to achieve functionality that is part of the product we had to create workarounds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to much more quickly assign and track the completion of training as they happen. We were email blasting the team with training changes and information with no visibility of completion or understanding the content. We are now able to build micro-lessons and receive real time visibility to completion and comprehension through assessments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Lessonly is super user friendly. Anyone could make courses with a clean look. It is super easy to navigate and is intuitive in its design.

Lessonly also has an amazing support team. They are extremely responsive and a delight to work with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it had some more variability in the text options, but I believe this is something they are working on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of their support team and consistent roll out of new features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lessonly allows me to easily track where my learners are. The grade book is easy to use and shows exactly how much the learner has completed and how much they have to go.

Lessonly helps me create engaging material that is less dry and boring than normal training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Lessonly is extremely user friendly and easy to use. It took very little time to learn how to use the system after implementation and was just as easy to roll out to our entire company. Lessonly makes it very easy to disperse vital information to our teams and to verify if the content has been reviewed. The Lessonly team is always helpful and eager to address any issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside I have encountered is the lack of variety of fonts and the ability to use different colored font. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of all the different resources Lessonly offers to make your experience successful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Lessonly in all aspects of our company. With the current global situation, Lessonly made is simple and easy to transition our entire team to remote work while still maintaining constant continuing education. Lessonly was especially paramount in our ability to transition on-boarding training to a 100% remote platform without any lag or transition period. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly create a training class for employees/students without having to have a huge amount of knowledge or skill in web design is incredibly useful. A close second is the ability to fix content and republish to everyone quickly and simply without having to have everyone start over. These two are huge! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Currently, my biggest dislike revolves around grading. We have a ton of lessons in our path to onboard new employees. Lessonly currently has a limit of 50 lessons it pulls when looking at the grade book. I understand that is probably to make sure the query response does not get bogged down in one request, but if that could be doubled, I'd be able to pull the entire new hire path, without having to break it down into the sub-paths that make up the whole. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take content you already have available (as documents or presentations) and key those in as text, screenshots, or short videos. See for yourself how easy it is to get started using your existing information. Yes, you can load SCORM files, but this can cut the development time by making these non-essential to the training and tracking process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our previous LMS platforms have had problems with creating and publishing content without special software like Adobe's Captivate program or similar. These get price prohibitive when trainers need to enlist the aid of subject matter experts (SME) to assist in creating lessons. Lessonly allows SMEs to be experts at what they do, and pass their knowledge along. Then training professionals can assist in the teaching aspects that SMEs do not necessarily know. This allows the best knowledge to be presented in the best possible manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

How easy it is to make adjustments once it is established. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No downsides at this time. I think anything that can be improved requires me to spend more time and use lessonly for more than onboarding new hires. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend using Lessonly for onboarding new hires and making sure all employees are aware of S.O.Ps Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Onboarding new hires but documenting institutional knowledge for our shipping department. We need to take the next steps in using lessonly to roll out new changes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I love about Lessonly is the greater visibility into training and onboarding. There is now no guessing in what information our team is receiving, it is fully accessible to everyone. This has lead to a better reviewing process and accountability outside of the four walls of trainings. I also appreciate that Lessonly has created an automated process for onboarding so that steps/trainings don't get skipped and new employees feel left out of any content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My only hesitation with Lessonly is the potential for shifting priorities away from one-on-one training opportunities. There are some 'lessons' that are better taught by a human live, and I do not want our new or existing employees to miss out on the relationships that can form through these live person trainings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Dive in and give it your all - focus on getting buy-in from content creators first to build up your site. Then give it the big splash it deserves to get buy-in company wide. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our most outstanding challenge was the lack of consistency in onboarding. The benefits of Lessonly have been to give a formal path to onboarding, with peer-reviewed lessons for the best information possible. Beyond onboarding, Lessonly has given us a tool for active ongoing training and development. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Partner & Chief Human Resources Officer
What do you like best?

Lessonly's platform is super easy to use to create custom, engaging L&D content. And if you ever get stuck, they have fantastic employees ready to help and a customer community for additional support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The ONLY downside to Lessonly is that everything must be created. There is no (to my knowledge) out of the box content. Lessonly should hire us to create that for them! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give them a shot! The platform is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

onboarding training, manager training, diversity training, extracurricular training Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Human Resources Consultant
What do you like best?

The training for the training! Seriously. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are so many options, it's overwhelming at times, but the team is great at helping put ideas and thoughts out there to help structure the learnings paths in the right way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Onboarding faster. Automatic orientation with a personalized feel is amazing. The time I spend setting everything up comes back 5x and ensures consistency of message to all new hires and promotions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.