Later Reviews & Product Details

"Later"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love using Later. It's so helpful when it comes to social media planning. I especially love the feature of being able to preview how your content will look overall on Instagram alongside previous posts. It helps companies and brands keep their Instagram theme.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that they took away the feature for free of hashtag suggestions. Before it used to be included in the free plan and now it is not.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to have it on auto-publish. If not it will only send you notifications on posting it yourself but won't directly post it for you.

I am able to organize my social media posts more easily.

What is Later?

Later helps to plan, schedule, and manage content for Instagram.

Later Profile Details

Later Reviews

1-18 of 18 total Later reviews
Social Media & Digital Marketing Educator
E-Learning

"One Stop Shop for Scheduling on Social Media "

What do you like best?

I have used Later on and off since it was called Latergramme from 2015 and at the time mainly used it for my business Instagram profile. Since adding other social media networks to the business I can now also use it to schedule Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook content. I love that you can either use it via the website or app on the go on my mobile or tablet. The free plan has some great useful features that have helped us when we first started off small. The paid plan offers even more from being able to schedule video content, Instagram stories, upload multi-photo posts and get hashtags suggestions. It is one of those apps that I could not live without on my mobile.

What do you dislike?

Although I enjoy using Later for posting to Instagram, my only annoyance is not being able to automatically publish videos without the push notifications. I am now using another tool just for that feature alone as I do not have the time and when I do I tend to not remember to post videos during busy launch times. I hope this is a feature Later plans to add soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Later is super easy tool to set-up and use and I would recommend really getting to know all the features your plan offers so that you don't mess out. Make sure you're aware that videos uploaded to schedule on Instagram will not be automatically posted. Apart from that enjoy.

We can schedule social media content to our social media accounts in advance so that we can focus on other areas of the business. It also helps us to find quality hashtags, gather insights with the analytics report and information on best posting times.

Director of E3

"Great for a small brand "

What do you like best?

I like that it allows to set posts up ahead of time since as the director of a small brand I wear many different hats and later allows me to take care of the social postings all at once. I also really like that you can preview what the social feed will look like on a smartphone screen as well. it helps to keep the aesthetic of the feed.

What do you dislike?

At first glance the formatting is overwhelming. It took some time for me to go through and really look at the

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely try it and play around with it to really figure out what all you can do with it.

Scheduling social posts. I can now set up social posts a week in advance and it takes the time off of focusing on that. It also allows me to view analytics for our social pages which makes it easier to pin point which areas of social networking we need to improve on.

Software Developer
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Scheduling content made simpler"

What do you like best?

The way the content is fed on the instagram grid by later is very good. We can see how the grid will eventually look like on different times. Most clients love it because of the ease of usage. We can target the audience according to our needs with repost feature. The user interface is also very intuitive. Reminders about posts keep us updated.

What do you dislike?

The application needs a little polishing as we come across some problems many times. But it will be on top of other applications doing the same thing as it does.

We integrated it for many clients who needed such functionality in their applications. It has made them sit and relax for their social life and they are loving it. And if they are loving it so do we. Be it instagram or facebook it is very easy to use for all kinds of posts and keep developing more features to it's kit.

Events and Special Project Support Coordinator

"Even the Later "Free Version" is great"

What do you like best?

I like that there is a pretty functional free version to use to try it out and get used to the interface. I haven't tried the paid version yet but it looks like it will be helpful, as I manage two businesses social medias.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the things that I "dislike" will be fixed by using the paid version. Things like not being able to tag people or hashtag (but are offered in the paid version) posts beforehand are the things I "dislike."

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try out the free version and use it for a while, then upgrade to the paid version that best fits your needs. It is pretty robust in the free version, but there are features I want to use in the paid versions.

Scheduling social media posts in a cohesive space. Media storage for photos used in social media is easier than with things like dropbox when I need a smaller file, etc.

"Manage Multiple Accounts, Tagging in Minutes"

What do you like best?

I love how Later lets you schedule posts across Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook in minutes, using the same media library. I also love the tagging and location feature—and don't forget auto post! I also enjoy that they let us have a feed preview for Instagram. I also love how you can crop images in Later so that you don't have to upload different versions of the same photo.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were possible to schedule non-media posts to Facebook and Twitter

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the free system first and determine how many accounts you can implement it with before you buy the subscription. Also, when uploading images, upload the uncropped versions. You can crop them in Later.

Being a small business owner of multiple businesses, I'm solving the age old problem of having to deal with multiple accounts at the same time!

Freelance Graphic Designer & Photographer
Graphic Design

"Simple Scheduling app"

What do you like best?

This app makes schedule across multiple accounts very easy. As a social media manager I have tried many applications but this one has some of my favorite features. One you do not see across many is the saved hashtags and suggested hashtags. Being able to save my hashtags right in the app is a lifesaver, this way I can use the most relevant hashtags and not miss anything

What do you dislike?

The hashtag analytics is still fairly new and definitely has some kinks to work out to make it a little more useful, hopefully we’ll see improvement in the future

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make use of analytic features and hashtag saving feature

Later makes multi platform scheduling very easy as well as managing multiple accounts at once. The app makes it easy to schedule from your computer or straight from your phone or tablet.

Owner
Photography

"Later makes scheduling my social media content fun and easy!"

What do you like best?

Simple to use, drag and drop to auto schedule based on your preferences, add text, crop, and share to twitter and facebook all options when posting or scheduling. It also has plenty of free options!

What do you dislike?

I honestly have nothing bad to say about this software!

I am able to schedule my social media posts across all platforms with ease using Later. I started using this in 2016 and it has saved my HOURS of time! I absolutely love it and would be lost without it.

(10,001+ employees)

"Easiest Scheduling Tool Out There"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to schedule content through Later. Their Link in Bio feature has been a game changer for our company as we share a link to something almost daily, so to be able to not change out our link every day, AND to get great analytics on the clicks, it's been very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I wish Later would also schedule and plan for Facebook and Twitter.

The biggest think Later is assisting with is the link in bio feature, but it has also been monumental in story analytics which we had been pulling manually up until now. It also helps with seeing the overall aesthetic of the feed in the preview feature.

AC

"Convenient for Planning Instagram Posts"

What do you like best?

I like the calendar layout so you can see how all of your posts will look in a month. I also like that they are easy to drag and drop to other dates or times. It's nice to just worry about posting to Instagram once a week.

What do you dislike?

If there are several people using the same Later, people can get locked out. It also took us forever to figure out how to get the automatic posting to work (you have to link the facebook account of the original user of the Instagram account for Later to post automatically).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you connect the original account holder's facebook account to the instagram account for Later to post for you

It's so much easier to plan out social media for the week. You can schedule all of your posts in less than an hour.

Director of Communications

"Great posting platform for the small org looking for a free option!"

What do you like best?

The free version gives me everything I need as a small non-profit. I can schedule posts to Instagram, Twitter (as long as a photo is included) and Facebook. I use the media library as a holding tank for the great photos I find.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that holds back my work in this platform is the fact that all posts must include an image. Sometimes I don't want to use an image on Twitter and Facebook. I will instead use a link.

I can not easily schedule my Instagram posts for the future and stay organized around what photos have already been used. This is a great, easy platform for that!

House Elf

"Best Instagram Posting App on the Planet!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use in posting to Instagram, as well as being able to schedule posts. Prior to getting Later, I would have to manually post each image I wanted to share. This app has saved me hours of time over the past year.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if we could utilize the scheduling functionality from a desktop. However, with that said, it just works. Like it should

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It would be great if we could use Later's scheduling ability via the desktop.

Freelancer

"Solid forefront of Instagram "

What do you like best?

Later seems to be on the forefront of what is happening with Instagram. They launch new features very quickly once the ability is released. I also enjoy their blog posts.

What do you dislike?

Most features don't start until you pay $20/month

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the free trial as usual. You won't get the full scope of the product but you will get an idea.

I highly suggest keeping up with their blog to get insights into Instagram features and strategies.

Scheduling posts to Instagram for clients.

Freelance Social Media/Event Manager
Public Relations and Communications

"Save time with social media management"

What do you like best?

I love all the tools that are available through Later. Scheduling content in advance is easy to do with this software. The interface makes sense and is easy to learn.

What do you dislike?

Would like better filters for photos and different way to sort through scheduled photos on mobile version.

Time management had improved drastically thanks to later’s desktop and mobile versions.

Blogger

"Later offers a quick and easy way to schedule social posts (with limitations)"

What do you like best?

I like the way the scheduling calendar works. It makes it easy to click and drag posts for scheduling.

What do you dislike?

I dislike it's limited selection of social media platforms. In particular, it lacks the ability to schedule linkedin posts.

I'm always scheduling posts as a social media manager, and Later provides a free solution to make this happen.

"Beautiful + Practical"

What do you like best?

I like the calendar view and analytics for IG the best.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to contact support and there's no on-page option for a trial of higher-end plans. There is also not a lot of info on the analytics each plan provides.

Easy Instagram analytics reporting and scheduling Pinterest.

"Later gives me more time for ... well... later!"

What do you like best?

The interface is pretty slick and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

The mobile version leaves some things to desire, but it’s works well in a pinch

Scheduling a month at a time allows us to see a solid publishing calendar and adjust as necessary.

AC

"Shocking, non-existent customer support"

What do you like best?

Easy to schedule posts and they have a great interface, but the lack of support ruins it all

What do you dislike?

No one replies to chat, email or linkedin

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure they reply to any form of support questions before even considering to use them

None, because they never actually reply to any support requests

"Makes Cross Platform Posting Easy"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to prepare my content and post it across multiple platforms

What do you dislike?

Occasionally it does not post to Instagram and I have to do it manually

We are able to reduce time spend on Social media by preparing our posts in advance

Later User Ratings