Kochava Reviews & Product Details

AM
What do you like best?

Customer Support is great if you have a paid version! It is really helpful being able to see all of an apps' performance from different channels in one place through the analytics tool or event reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Inconsistent responses from customer support for customer's on free version. I also wish there were other options for conversion attribution besides last click. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking in-app actions for apps advertising on AdWords and Apple Search Ads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Kochava Overview

What is Kochava?

Kochava Inc. is a real-time data solutions company offering the leading omni-channel measurement and attribution solutions for data-driven marketers. The Marketers Operating System™ (m/OS) from Kochava empowers advertisers and publishers with a platform that seamlessly integrates and manages customer identity, measurement and data controls. Unlike the complicated, siloed tech stacks employed today, the m/OS takes the next step: unifying all of your data and critical omni-channel solutions into a cohesive, operational system that goes beyond data aggregation and reporting. The m/OS provides the foundation for limitless advertiser and publisher tools, including the option to build third-party solutions onto the platform. By design, m/OS facilitates success by making data accessible and actionable to maximize ROI. With a culture of customer-driven innovation, dedication to data security, and the most powerful tools in the ecosystem, Kochava is trusted by top brands to harness their data for growth. Kochava also hosts the largest independent mobile data marketplace, the Kochava Collective. Headquartered in Sandpoint, Idaho, the company has offices globally.

Kochava Details
English, French, Irish, Japanese, Korean, Romanian, Spanish, Serbian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional)

Kochava offers an analytics platform designed to plan, target, measure and optimize media spend.

When asked what aspect of Kochava stands out most, our customers resoundingly answer with our customer support. Our Client Success Managers guide customers from the start in helping marketers maximize their use of the platform. At the product level, Kochava is known for providing row-level data that marketers can analyze in a variety of ways as opposed to being forced to accept aggregate reports. Enterprise customers also have unlimited access to their data.

Kochava
2011
Sandpoin, ID

Kochava Videos

Kochava Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Kochava community
Have you used Kochava before?

Kochava Reviews

Showing 71 Kochava reviews
Already have Kochava?
senior manager marketing technology and digital strategy
What do you like best?

Its customer service team is quite fast and efficient when it comes to having to respond to any problem, doubt or concern that may arise while we use the application, the fact that it has a function to detect fraud It is something that I find quite practical, especially when it comes to security issues within the company, the ease with which I can use the application and do my activities is something that does not have any point of comparison either, the fact that allows me to carry out analysis in a much more complete and structured way, it also turns out to be something of great help for us, especially because we can carry out in a much simpler and complete way analysis in relation to customer management, inventories and any other type of valuable information for us in a much easier way Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The main problem for us is the price, it is too high compared to other similar applications, however we know that it is worth it, so we have no choice but to continue paying monthly what you ask for, although it would not be bad for you to believe cheaper plans. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has been very helpful when we want to perform analysis in a much simpler and simpler way than what we have always been doing, so it is something that is quite useful to improve a large number of files and processes of a much more practical, efficient and simple way, being very, very useful to improve our decision-making process and have better control of files simultaneously. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

As a engineer wanting to export daily reports out of Kochava, I was pleasantly surprised at all the options available to me in how I can configure daily reports. My involvement with Kochava was through the assignment to export reports containing a certain set of attributes. Using a web interface, i was able to point and click and select all the attributed I needed. As an alternative, assuming I knew how to access all of these attributes, i could have also used the query language and query editor to fetch the data directly.

It was also interesting to see the integration wint Amazon Web Services, where my recurring report export is delivered to an S3 bucket that I specify. This simplifies a lot of the engineering involved when there is no direct REST API (or other on-demand alternatives).

I was enjoyed the extensive documentation, which, as an engineer, is very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The two things I was not thrilled by were: lack of direct REST API and (lacking that), lack of a quick preview option of my current configuration. After configuring a daily report to be exported to some S3 bucket, I had to wait about 24 hours to see what the report looked like. Hard to tell if the configuration was correct in this slow feedback loop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There's a nice query interface one can use to perform adhoc queries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The company does analysis of their apps on Google's Play Store and Apple's AppStore. My role was simply to publish the stats collected/measured by Kochava into a data lake. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UB
What do you like best?

Tracking app attribution - it is imperative to the success in making sure we understand our consumers. It not only allows for us to understand attribution but also make sure we're understanding the consumers holistically across with different products throughout the customer lifecycle. Being able to track down to the nitty gritty of events all the way to first touch/last touch has allowed for us to really hone in on the "stuff that is important". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. From their SDK to their reporting, they're very robust and if there ever is an issue, they're always available to help. As someone who works with many SaaS companies, I can firmly say their customer service is top notch. One of the issues we run into is making sure we're getting the level of support we need in a timely manner. Kochava hits that on all levels. I know a lot of what we do with this tool isn't necessarily what most others are doing. Thankfully, they extremely knowledgeable & responsive to anyone & everyone - whether it's a business user or one of our developers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to track mobile app attribution, I highly recommend Kochava. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Attribution. This gives us clear benefits on what's working and what's not working. Over time, this data plays an integral part in making sure we're getting key business value from the products we're delivering. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Chris Silver of Kochava

Hi there Richard,

Thanks for telling us about your Kochava experience! We are proud to help you, as you put it, really hone in on the stuff that is important.

We’re continuously striving to improve however possible, so if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to check in with your Client Success team directly or support@kochava.com.

Music Producer, Musician, Manager, Designer
What do you like best?

There are a lot of sections to access different data. The sections I liked the most are the funnels and the reports. Thanks to reports, I've been able to export a lot of raw data to play around. And with the funnels, it's easier to see which channel brings the highest quality (ROI-wise) traffic. The dashboard is very visual, so you can do almost everything with just a few clicks, which is good when you cannot be bothering devs all the time with new integrations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The documentation is not so clear, and some features are not easy to setup without a proper documentation. As far as I know, the team is aware of this and is improving the documentation. The good news is Kochava support team is always there to help, which is good when you get stuck at some point, or when you need to use some advance featuress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Kochava, I'm able to have a clearer and fairer attribution system. When you run ads on Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc., it can be risky to rely on the analytic tools that such systems provide, as they don't know which other campaigns you run outside their boundaries. With Kochava, you can see which campaign, ad set or ad (even variations of them) is bringing you the best results. As an example, I don't rely on Facebook Ads Manager dashboard anymore when checking the amount of downloads of the app, as it is usually biased. Kochava is my "source of truth". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Chris Silver of Kochava

Hey Eugenio,

Thanks for sharing your experience! We’re happy to hear that you fully utilize the flexibility of our data and reporting features. We are indeed in the process of upgrading many of our support documents, and appreciate the suggestion.

Senior Manager, Marketing Technology & Digital Strategy
What do you like best?

The fraud monitoring features and ease of data pipeline integration have been the most helpful. It has been easy to reconcile the postback data with our first-party data warehouse, where we create our own Tableau dashboards for regional marketing teams so they can see metrics end to end.

The analytics tools - manual reporting and dashboard - provide a lot of flixibility and insight. We have been able to use the UI and query to pull data for marketers that help them make decisions ad-hoc and for their quarterly planning.

Customer support has also been very responsive to our questions and provided a lot of guidance as we try to expand the use of Kochava, such as sending install data to Segment so we can build audiences within Segment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI for Campaign Manager can be improved:

More relevant filters can be added - flags for tracker vs smartlinks - and enable Search to search of tracker ID.

The push notification and landing page feature is still uncharted territory for our marketing organization, and the Kochava reps have not necessarily advocated for this feature to be used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clean mobile attribution with reliable signals that allow us to catch fraud almost in a real-time basis

Better relationship with publishers, both the self-attributing ones and others

Continuous mobile spend optimization, informed by reliable attribution data coming from the SDK that was easy to implement Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Chris Silver of Kochava

Hi Setra,

Thank you for your review! We’re glad that you find strong value in Kochava, especially in our fraud monitoring, analytics tools, and support team. We appreciate your suggestions for our Campaign Manager UI section and filters. It sounds like you’d like to know more about our push notification and landing page features; I’ll reach out to your Client Success team about this.

UE
What do you like best?

Insights you are able to get via query and analytics tools

Great Customer service and support

A lot of functions available (push / consent management / fraud tool)

Additional reportings by the analytics team

Fair payment options Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For all insights to be available you need either additional support from Kochava or be able to write SQL queries yourself

Restricted views on Self Attributing Networks View Through attribution Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mobile Attribution

Steering marketing campaigns

Internal attribution

Smartlinking / deeplinking Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The dashboard is easy to navigate and the segments always perform well. I also enjoy the ease and accurarcy of the Geo filter as well as the Demographic filter. This makes searching for specific segments quick and efficient.

I also like how you can filter the dashboard to find targeting segments that are practically in real time. This filter is really beneficial if you're looking to target people who have downloaded or used specific apps or genre's of apps recently.

In addition, the ease of pushing the segments to our dashboard is extremely quick and always reliable whereas some other partners it can take a lot longer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I've been using Kochava for almost a year now and have had a great experience. I am curious as to why there is only one CPM for the segments. This can also be a benefit as noted above.

The unique device IDs are constantly changing. This was a challenge for me when I was trying to get an estimate and I would look the next day and the amount had changed. This is also a benefit in the fact that you know the site is updating in real time and will provide the most accurate and relevant stats. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend using Kochava specifically if you are looking at app targeting. I would set up a training with the team prior to using though, so you are getting all of the benefits of the site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The best benefit with Kochava is the success of the app targeting. They always perform well for my campaigns. I've performed some trainings of the Kochava dashboard, but it would be great if you would provide additional trainings or seminars talking about any changes or updates to the dashboard and how partners can use those for competitive advantage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There is a lot of customisation and personalisation available. You are able to create many different things depending on what you need Kochava for. You also have the ability to create different campaigns for apps. Lastly, my favourite is the reporting ability. You are able to create custom dashboards and you can show a lot of what you need to know. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's such a complex product which requires a lot of time and training to get used to. There are so many things you can do with Kochava and it can get quite overwhelming. Depending on how many apps or how big your client is then that's when it can also get overwhelming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Firstly make sure that you know what you need Kochava for. There's a lot of integration possible so it will open up the door for a lot of possibilities. Make sure you also devote a lot of time to understanding the platform. There's heaps of support articles out there but nothing beats practice, testing and learning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are trying to track our app installs, registrations, and transactions. It's not perfect but it works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Covers all the partner integrations for our primary channels. Kochava has helped us to better understand the effectiveness of channels in driving app downloads and engagement. We have heavily leans on Kochava to understand audience behaviour, build and segment audiences and push into our various activation platforms.

The other key benefit from rolling out Kochava has been the reduction in number of partners SDK's we've has to implement across our apps, reducing the workload on development teams and resulting in a more stable app experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Steep learning curve for set up was challenging and required quite a lot of support from the team at Kochava. For any new partner and tracking setup there are is quite an extensive process of partner integration and building trackers. To further complicate the process the requirements for many partners are slightly different and the support information on the Kochava site wasn't always clear. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Kochava has been a fantastic tool in our analytics and attribution arsenal. Would highly recommend considering Kochava for anyone who runs multi-channel app acquisition and engagement campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Holistic attribution and analysis across our campaigns. Previously we were relying on various partners for acquisition and re-engagement measurement which resulted in duplication in reporting.

The other main benefit has been the ability to build complex audience segments based on in-app behaviour to support our remarketing efforts. Through building audiences and pushing to activation platforms we've been able to reduce our reliance on acquisition activity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Director
What do you like best?

Raw reports provide our client with high level of detail so we can easily pivot the data into customized reports and segmentations. UI is easy to navigate and find common reports/analytics needed for day to day usage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Scheduled reporting annoyingly doesn't allow for editing of preexisting reports - instead, you need to create a brand new report. iOS report accuracy not great but this is a common issue for most MMPs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Solid MMP that is more upfront with product features. Less of nickel and dime-ing compared to others we've worked with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Allows us to centralize reporting for numerous media channels (Google, FB, ASA, etc.). The level of detail it collects is valuable to help further optimize campaigns whether it be creative or something else. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Seth Turnlund of Kochava

Hey Ed,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We've worked hard to ensure our cost reporting is accurate and fully featured, and I am glad you found value in it.

Your issue regarding not being able to modify existing reports is fully understood, and I will bump it up the chain to get it looked at; feels like it would be a solid additional to our reporting tools.

Again, appreciate you taking the time, and if you have any questions or comments, feel free to reach out!

Software
What do you like best?

We have around 50+ Apps that are managed by my team from engineering perspective. The dashboard has good search functionality for searching the different Apps.

And good filters for finding out the different events for each platform , app etc.

Also Kochava Smart Links are super helpful in redirecting the user to particular screen/page from Marketing and Promotional Campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have two flavors for each App, PROD and Non PROD. Currently we add "PROD" and "Non PROD" in the name of the App. It would be great, if Kochava can automatically provide this option for PROD and Non PROD versions of the App, instead me having to create it manually every time.

Also, it would be great, if Kochava has option to create both Android and iOS platform Apps with single click, instead of creating each manually separately.

I understand, both platforms have different set of properties to be set, but that should be editable post the creation of the Apps.

I noticed the events were taking 30 mins to show up. It would be great, if the events are real time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Kochava is easy to start with and very clean documentation on technical integration And good support for any technical issues. And response time is decent enough. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

From engineering perspective, we are looking at customer acquisition and our marketing team is using Kochava to market and track the App installs from various Campaigns like FB promotional campaigns etc Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SDE II
What do you like best?

The way to log the events is good. Data segregation is proper. I have always compared it with other tools in the market and found the presentation is smooth. It eases the time taken to train the team members for using the tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

User experience can be made better in terms of visibility. Sometimes I think a short tour for user experience will be good to have as a flagship feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Understanding user behavior and getting count of fixes can be done for my customers. Controlling the user data and learning out of it gives me confidence to improve the quality of my products. Again the reporting metrics are showing the way u]you can handle all abrupt situation for the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

The reporting layout for Event, Funnel, and LTV in the UI is easy to quickly review and show to clients. It's easy to pull raw reporting for further analysis as well. With paid accounts, the customer service team responds very quickly to emails or even jumping on a call to review any issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Documentation on set up and integration with other platforms could be clearer. In my experience, most clients struggle with initial set up even with the support of the Kochava team and I'd like to work with Kochava to expedite the set up process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Largely using Kochava for mobile attribution across publishers and analyzing LTV of mobile app users compared to desktop or mobile web users. We also use Kochava to understand where users fall off in the app flow and where we could improve the app experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I think what I like best is the Customer Service. There are many services that are but rarely do the csms and ams take the time and put the effort in to ensure that all of our issues (no matter how small) are taken care of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that some of the solutions were more automated and scalable (like app splitting, and link generation) . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to work with the CSMs and AMs to outline your specific use case. Kochava has some of the best customer service around and is willing to put in the effort to ensure that the solution meets your needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The attribution data we receive from Kochava is excellent at scale and has saved our teams from having to create an in-house solution to meet those needs. The ability to quickly reach out to Kochava ad resolve any and all issues in an expedient fashion means that we can focus our time and energy solely on UA strategy and not the operational aspects that tend to bog teams down Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

There are lots of customizable features. This is really where Kochava excels in offering the marketer seemingly infinite control and options over their attribution set-up. Additionally, Kochava does a really good job with their tools to help track and improve fraud analysis. Not only is their a console specifically dedicated to common types of fraud, but there is also the ability to easily write fully customized queries and reports to further investigate potentially fraudulent behavior. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The company has a bit of a tendency to pursue projects outside of its core business. Sometimes this produces valuable insights but often in detracts from improvements to the core functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a product you can use to fully scale a marketing effort without having to integrate lots of other tech-stack partners. Might be a bit pricier and first, but the long term benefits are totally worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Kochava is the solution the tracking advertising. It's the classic need for a MMP Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Marketing Insights Analyst
What do you like best?

I love how Kochava lets me view every detail about my mobile app campaigns. The reporting interface is quite robust, and their algorithms remove fraudulent activity (which is a huge issue in the mobile world) from the data. When I've had to deal with the Kochava support team, they are responsive and friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Kochava has so many menus and options that the navigation can be a bit challenging. I have had to spend 15+ minutes just figuring out how to find my advertising tracker IDs, which I feel should be something simple. The query tool also has some shortcomings, such as note allowing users to use the DISTINCT feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can't speak much to other MMPs, but Kochava is likely a good choice for most organizations doing mobile advertising. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My company is using Kochava to track our mobile app advertising efforts on Google UAC and Apple Search Ads. Kochava has allowed our team to track many different custom conversion events within our app, which is key to judging success. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Seth Turnlund of Kochava

Hello Zack!

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, and we are glad that you find value in our fraud tools and our supportive team!

In regards to our UI, we are constantly trying to find the balance between robust functionality and a simple interface; we appreciate the feedback, and will submit it to the team for review for future changes.

In regards to Query, we recently updated its functionality to allow for more "Standard" SQL syntax to be used, allowing for statements such as DISTINCT. Simply select "Standard" in the "SQL Dialect" selection box.

Thanks again, and never hesitate to send question or comments to us!

What do you like best?

Kochava is a great tool for giving me analytics on our mobile apps, proper attribution and keeping an eye on mobile fraud. I love how easily I can set up the events that matter to my product and stay on top of all my campaigns in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to export things - sometimes the data isn't broken down by date even if I've filtered for it. The export CSV file gets only the total and headers which can be inconvenient. I'm sure there is a way to fix it, I just haven't been able to easily locate it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mobile attribution has been the biggest challenge for us, followed by quickly creating smarlinks for our various marketing needs. Kochava solves both these for us and is a tool every mobile marketer should use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I find it very helpful to get the actual device clicks after the audience is created!! Easy to use and navigate too!!! My company has really benefited in my opinion from using this platform!!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't one particular thing that I can say I really anything! I find everything to be super explanatory, there are instructions for everything I need and if I have any concerns, the customer service is very engaging! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The length of behavioral and interest targeting is super helpful! The fact that I can now create audiences based on the apps that are used, makes my life in this role a whole lot easier!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The easiness of the navigation panel, as well as all new implementations the constantly do, and the great customer service they have. The team is super helpful and are always ready to helps either with solving network problems, answering questions, or explaining step-by-step any new solutions they bring to the game. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, but not that often, the website crashes (for example, when accessing 'Collective' on Google Chrome and in some sections it lacks some explaining as to what particular features are for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Platform attribution Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Lots of customization and data pulls available Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The user interface isn't extremely user friendly or pretty Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving the problem of holistic mobile marketing, analytics, and attribution. Realizing which channels are most efficient, and where users are dropping off within the app Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The metrics breakdown by platforms. I like how I can see how each platform drives conversions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I can see the performance by campaigns on each platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is good to have someone teach you before your first usage Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to attribute conversions to each platform instead of trusting the metrics I see on the individual platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant Manager
What do you like best?

Help standardizing data across the different app platforms Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Love many things, only thing I wish was better is being a little bit more user friendly and more knowledge on what kochava can do for us in regards to our business specific Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm new to the team but so far being able to clean data that doesn't need a ton of manipulation is great Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Query for custom analysis using available data. Automated reporting for internal and external. Ability to control all set ups through a dashboard without the need to go through an Account manager. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Data is only retained for 120 days. If we can get 180+, it would be better since we can't ingest all data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.