Knovio Reviews & Product Details

Staff Interpreter/Instructor
Higher Education
What do you like best?

Knovio has come quite a long way since I first used it about 5 years ago--I love how responsive the company has been to improvement suggestions. I love that you can edit your recording and replace slides--especially helpful when you teach a course across two semesters and need to change a date! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have a hard time finding something I dislike--but I do get annoyed by the recording check every time! I believe you can change this in the settings--but I always overlook this when creating lectures. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This really is the easiest way to develop lessons in online classes--we have an organizational type account for a specific educational program and share our materials. We also have our own accounts that we can use instead--but the ability to help one another with content is really beneficial to students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is a great way to emulate short lessons in an online class. The look is far more professional than just a video or even an iMovie would be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Knovio Overview

What is Knovio?

The Knovio Video Platform empowers training, HR, and corporate learning teams to use live and on-demand video and video presentations every day to improve employee engagement, increase ROI on live events and on-demand training programs, and efficiently manage resources. It is the cloud-based, online video platform that makes it simple to host, manage, distribute and measure video throughout an organization. Using powerful video management tools including audio narration, video and slide sync, custom video players, branded video showcases, and interactive analtyics, teams save significant time and effort creating, sharing and tracking content and individual performance from the desktop, laptop, iPad or iPhone. Knovio easily integrates with the technology platforms you use, so it's easy to share content and performance data. Corporate learning, human resources, and training teams use Knovio to create, publish and house live and on-demand video and video presentations. Content creators can record video or audio narration with slides, add multimedia clips, embed quizzes, and use clickable navigation to turn a static presentation into an interactive multimedia experience. Multi-menu content showcases make it fast and easy to strategically share collections of content with internal and external audiences, and analyze account and individual viewer engagement. Guestbooks, guest lists, and registration pages give teams even more control over who views what content and when, and registration forms provide valuable lead gen information. Knovio also ideal for educators, consultants and students who need to create and share video and audio-enhanced online presentations with highly interactive players. With flexible pricing models, there's a plan for everyone. Knovio offers both a subscription-based model and custom plans for businesses (individual content creators to enterprise-wide deployment) and education market (with student, educator and campus-wide deployment). There is also a free version. Plans range from simple to enterprise level which offer sophisticated features such as corporate SSO, advanced collaboration workflows, unlimited showcase libraries, hundreds of hours of storage, and much more. Join over 200 Fortune 1000 companies, 1,800 colleges & universities, and over 300,000 users worldwide who trust Knovio to help them create and deliver better video experiences for their employees, clients, partners, and students. KnowledgeVision is headquartered in Lincoln, MA. Visit us at knovio.com and follow us @knovio and @knowledgevision.

Knovio Details
Discussions
Knovio Community

The Knovio Video Platform is your video content management system that expands your video capabilities to include creating and sharing online video presentations, video hosting and live streaming.

The Knovio platform delivers an integrated video experience that enables organizations to overcome the challenges of video presentation and interactive content creation and seamlessly organize, share and measure video performance and viewer engagement.

With Knovio, you can create anything and measure everything – all in one platform. Knovio supports live and on-demand video content and offers customizable player designs; video record, mobile viewing and content creation; integrated assessment tools including quizzes; and API integrations with leading CRMs, marketing automation, LMS, JICS, and SCORM-based platforms.

A comprehensive and interactive analytics dashboard provides the data trainers and communications teams need to track engagement and measure content effectiveness with account, video and viewer level data. Detailed data that includes engagement behavior, quiz data, viewing metrics and engagement heat maps that give you instant feedback on how your video is performing.

KnowledgeVision Systems
Phone
(781) 259-9300
2009
Lincoln, MA
@knowledgevision
998 Twitter followers

Knovio Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Knovio community
Have you used Knovio before?

Knovio Reviews

Showing 69 Knovio reviews
Already have Knovio?
What do you like best?

Ease of use and ability to quickly make changes to content; support for Cloud hosting of content as well as export to MP4. The ability to create in-line tests is also really helpful. Support for importing existing video and audio, plus the ability to match up audio with a presentation, is really useful. Ability to invite others to create content without requiring a separate license. Fantastic support team; very responsive and quick to solve problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Limited editing capabilities for imported content often requires a third-party editor; reliance on Adobe Air and Flash for some functionality; single sign-on support costs extra; rendering MP4 video for export can take a long time. No ability to have multiple collaborators work on a single project; Knovio is limited to only one content creator per project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Knovio is a great tool for creating basic video recordings. It is not a replacement for a product like Camtasia, which provides a lot of advanced features. I find myself using both products for different reasons--and sometimes at the same time. For example, there are times when you still need to edit a video that Knovio creates, and the "Knovio Studio" capability, which provides limited editing capabilities, generally does not provide what I need other than basic trimming of existing video/audio content. In those cases I often still need to pull that content into an editing tool. So don't consider Knovio a complete replacement for other authoring tools, but it is a great asset for quickly and easily creating videos using people that are not very technical. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Knovio to create video-based sales training content. Previously, it was very difficult to get remote subject matter experts to create this content, as many are not experts on creating video, which required a lot of hand holding. It was also difficult to create the videos, as we generally had to jump on a WebEx or Zoom video session and record the entire thing in one 'take' and then edit it post-production.

Knovio allows us to easily invite an SME to record a video, and it's brain dead simple. The platform is SaaS-based, which means that the subject does not need to install anything on their computer other than

Adobe Flash. Recording is done on a slide-by-slide basis, which means that the SME can easily re-record just one slide, rather than requiring another "take" and then having to edit out the bad one.

Knovio also allows us to easily publish videos, either through their own platform or by exporting the final video to MP4. It also supports various learning management systems and video hosting/publishing platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Knovio
AC
What do you like best?

I like the ease of use with this program and the ability to customize and brand the look of the content. The best part is the analytics associated with the program and the level of drill down options it gives. Also, they take customer feedback seriously and are updating the platform as a result. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the ability to upload more file types. Also flash player is becoming problematic but I think they are looking to get away from it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a very cost effective way to get information out to a large group of people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use this to train our customers and staff. We have separate "showcases" or areas for them to log into. It has helped us reach more customers and has been used by our sales reps to incentivize them to get free product. For our staff training, it makes on boarding much easier and allows for them to come to a live training class prepared. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Strategic Resource Manager
Insurance
What do you like best?

I love that Knovio is so highly user-friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could pull out individual slides & download them as a ppt Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They offer training videos and webinars and are always very responsive when I reach out with a question. My one recommendation would be to make sure you get a high-quality microphone so the sound quality is good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It gives our clients multiple ways to communicate with their employees, it also gives us the opportunity to communicate with our employees. Our clients really love the voice-over presentations that detail their benefit options, and they really like that they can send a link out to their employees and they can access the video from home or while traveling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The different options available for putting together training presentations. I like being able to store videos there and share them since SharePoint doesn't allow me to upload videos. I like that when you share a link, you can include a password so only people with the password can view the presentation. I also like the analytics so you can see how many people viewed published materials. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I tried to upload a video using Knovio Project but it did not work for me even though I did it correctly. I had to get help and someone from Knovio and they did it for me. It was inconvenient but their support was prompt. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is good for training videos, narrated PowerPoint presentations and is relatively simple to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A way to distribute training presentations. We record PowerPoints or videos that walk through our electronic tools and provide them to our customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fine Wine Specialist
What do you like best?

I working with this software and I'm glad that I can make a great presentation. Also good chance to share with social media. Perfect way downloads everything that I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any issue with this software. I really like all of way ow this platform. Very powerful work for all working team. Big helper. Good support service and very fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great software for all working team.Very easy way to understand. Simple of use. All program are concentrate on the profecional side. Will give a higher quality of work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In our organization,we can add videos in one click. Very fast work with it. We can save a lot of working time. Helps to track information about customers who are interesting about our product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder & Principal
Professional Training & Coaching
What do you like best?

As a learning expert, I often find it difficult to get the most talented corporate citizens to show up and share their expertise with new or more junior audiences. They're the most busy people in any organization precisely BECAUSE of their deep knowledge. So how does an organization download the important expertise residing in the minds of its most successful employees....to the minds of new or aspiring employees? KNOVIO is the answer. With Knovio, I can easily have experts record short or long presentations, which means their wealth of insight can be shared many times with many others - without imposing on their schedules. Knovio is very easy to use to create a synchronized presentation on an iPad - even for a subject matter expert who hasn't used it before. It means we don't need huge budgets any more in Learning & Development for videographers and editors!!! It makes "just in time" audiovisual learning materials easy and cheap to pull together for the organization. I highly recommend this wonderful product!! They recently have added hosting capability for videos and presentation "flip decks" -- very cool! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No real issues with it - it does what we need! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reduces our L&D budget while greatly expanding our library of just in time learning materials. Experts enjoy creating Knovios and those trying to learn LOVE the way Knovio makes video easy to navigate and use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead Instructional Designer
What do you like best?

Ability to send narration invites. Ability to record videos. Ability to upload Power Points, videos, audio. Great reporting tool including intriguing engagement scoring system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Quiz tool needs improvement. Not enough questions types. Shows no score to end user. Need ability to control completion via slide views and/or viewing %. Child/parent slide approach for Power Point animations confuses our users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Their customer support is outstanding. They were particularly helpful in making sure their SCORM exports would work with our LMS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

'This tool substantially reduced the cost of creating narrated presentations and video presentations. We switched from Brainshark to Knovio and essentially have the same tool for far less. Plus this tool lets us keep presentations internal in our LMS (SCORM) or make them external-facing for clients/contractors. Love its engagement reporting as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

It helps users to upload presentations as well as videos and audios. For arrange the various types of slides it also very useful and efficient. Whenever I share link , I am able to include password which provides security. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Custom reports are not created and not that much responsive at that period of time otherwise there is nothing about trouble that I've facing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very easy to use for new learners and also allows them to make new presentations and share as per requirements.So, recommend for all who wants to work with the tool which provides efficient and convenient way for making good presentations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows to share our contents and also helps to make presentations perfectly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to voice over powerpoints and have them play as a continuous video. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The site itself can be a little slow when I try to record slides. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In instances where we can't have someone at a site to present, Knovio helps our powerpoints present themselves. Also, we're planning to use Knovio for an animated marketing video using powerpoint animations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Having the ability to e-mail someone for help and get a response quickly as well as having a webinar with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes some of the features are difficult to find. It is most difficult to edit the videos. The recording can be complicated to do because sometimes you can hear the click of the button when you press stop. This makes the video seem unprofessional.

Also, when trying to edit a video, you want to rewatch it in totality very often to see the changes. In order to watch the clip in totality, you have to preview it. It would be better to just be able to watch the clip in parts like it is possible to do in iMovie. Further, when you do preview it, the buffering takes a LONG time. Even when the video is about 2 minutes long, it takes a long time to load. This prevents you from making progress quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

See if it meets the needs of your organization. Go through webinars and feel free to ask e-mails Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are making videos with ease and being able to have it in one platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
What do you like best?

Incredibly easy way to use video communications without the technical complexity of other solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are features in Knovio that I would use sporadically but I can’t justify the license upgrade for my limited usage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are in doubt if video is for you, do the trial. You will get access to all the product capabilities and can do real work to see if Knovio is a fit for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Knovio let’s my communications “standout” in a good way. People have told me they appreciate me “being there” when I physically can’t be. Using Knovio, I’ve been more successful building trust with my business contacts and enjoy a reputation as being a bit of an innovator. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I like the ease of use - it takes a little getting used to know which feature would be best suited for your needs, but once you are up and running its pretty user friendly. The tools are great for arranging the slides.

Also - the people at Knovio are GREAT! We've had a good experience with the people who pitched us the product as well as provided support along the way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is some confusion with adding audio files to slides at first, it can get messy quickly. A drag and drop feature would be great! If the files are not carefully labeled before upload, matching them to the slide is really confusing. I also had a hard time with the audio test - the steps were a little bit unclear. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to easily train clients on our product by simply directing them to our showcase. Trainings by a CSR or other associate which would normally take an hour, can be completed with an email to the showcase! It's been a time saver all around. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Multimedia Developer
Retail
What do you like best?

The product has really evolved over the past year; you can tell the developers and engineers are hard at work streamlining and adding new features. With the new capabilities I feel I get even more value for my money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The analytics are powerful; however, I feel creating custom reports could be improved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Their customer support is fantastic, and you get a lot of value for your money with the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Knovio allows us to distribute our content to 600+ stores, our corporate campus, and distribution centers quickly and reliably. The analytics feature continues to help us craft out content to ensure we're delivering what our viewers want to see. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

Knovio is very efficient and user friendly tool. It provides content system and also screen recordings which become quite useful for me.Template system is good feature provided by this tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing because this tool is able to fulfill my requirements so no issues regarding this tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recommend specially for people who used to organize videos and wants to collaborate with others. This is helpful to transfer knowledge and for sharing of information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to start self service videos and also hosting it, manage it and make it efficient by myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Benefits & Wellness Sr Manager
Aviation & Aerospace
What do you like best?

It is extremely easy to use and to learn. I am new to the product and have found navigating the tool fairly easy. I would like to better understand how to make my presentations look like a professional production as opposed to a power point with voice over, am looking forward to learning how to do this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am new to the product, so I have not used it enough to know what I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take is for a test drive. Create a simple presentation so that you can realize how easy the tool is to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps with communications and reaching audiences who do not read emails. Has helped with annual enrollment, new hire benefit communications, and new employee orientation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

II
What do you like best?

The ease with which a standard PowerPoint presentation can be made interactive and generally enhanced and the ability to customize surveys within a presentation. The tool has really helped for our required internal trainings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At times the user interface (UI) of the product can be a bit counter-intuitive for users who doesn't use the tool daily - it can be a little clunky getting around. Additionally, the upgrades and updates for the tool should be automated. Being told that prior work will be erased if you don't download the new version isn't best practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Making presentations more interactive and valuable for viewers and also providing training opportunities internally are our main users. Recently, internal usage has been the focus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
What do you like best?

It is very efficient and convenient tool for making videos and managing it online. Also, video communications is provided by this tool. It is easy to learn and also provides good user interface which is user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, it consumes long time whenever I am dealing with video communications otherwise there is nothing about dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool allows to make presentations efficiently and also provide video communications. So, quite helpful and recommend it to for people who have such type of requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For making videos and also managing it with flexibility. Also, it is useful for making various slides in presentations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Volunteer Services & University Partnerships
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

It's SO easy to use and the video quality is great! You don't need an entire IT team to make this happen - trust! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can't say I dislike anything about the product or the team that works to get this up and running for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use the product for so many things now at SigEp: new volunteer on-boarding; getting attendees best prepared to attend our Leadership events; quick ten-minute training videos; new product rollouts - the list goes on and on. Our volunteers love this product and today I can't imagine life without it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Intuitive, easy, user friendly. Basically anybody could use the tool to publish a SCORM compliant training. LMS Integration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like all the separate tools. It makes it confusing. Accessing the different parts and understanding which one to choose can be confusing and tricky.

Flash-based is giving us problems with our IT department keeping Flash updated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look into the different tools and capabilities with KV. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy solutions. Allows score compliance outside of LMS. Can publish PPTs and Webinars with storm compliance in a simple process. A SME can use this tool to record training if needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

KnowledgeVision is cheaper than the competition and has done some work on uploading times and ease of use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

KnowledgeVision requires a person to input their information each time, instead of remembering the IP address. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure it fits your needs, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Knowledgevision to host our videos for our clients. It will generate an embed code for each video. There is a large footnote area below the video, allowing us the ability to place disclosure there and stay in compliance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lauren Snedeker of Knovio

Thanks for your feedback, we always appreciate hearing from our customers.

I can totally appreciate frustration with buffering and the audio/video not being in sync. This is often the result of low bandwidth and/or firewall configurations. We work with clients all the time to address this issue - please give us a call or email us so we can resolve this for you.

Guestbook registration requires cookies being enabled to remember user profiles. We recommend reminding users to enable cookies to achieve a better experience.

II
What do you like best?

I like the ease of use when uploading videos. The new drag and drop feature is nice. Alos like the showcase feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish there were more features on the quiz section. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We recently set up a live training session with KnowledgeVision and were able to find out a lot more useful benefits to our business than we had previous knowledge of. The one-on-one training session was definitely a huge help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

Being able to have the slides and video separate and scalable is a really nice feature vs. embedding the slides permanently in the video. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Being Flash based is absurd for 2017 and should've been developed a decade ago. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our corporate security is blocking all flash, so our employees are currently unable to watch our live webcasts. KnowledgeVision should've been working on an HTML5 solution back in 2008, not 2017. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager, Product Management
Financial Services
What do you like best?

The system makes it very easy to load presentations and recordings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not use the software often. A quick snapshot user guide would help tremendously. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product presentations and product overviews. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner / Consultant
Management Consulting
What do you like best?

Ability to record and re-record right in the tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Inability to add audio to Quizzes. And you sh ould be able to re-take the quiz. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Decentralized training Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

What I like best about this product is how easy it is to use. We have many speakers do presentations but aren't familiar with this type of technology. After a brief explanation, they can all use this product like pros. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing we dislike about this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can easily have our subject matter experts work on their own to create a presentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.