4.0

Kindful is a cloud-based donor management system with built in fundraising automation, online donation pages, and reporting tools. An open API allows nonprofits to easily connect their donor database with the best-in-class systems they are already using such as MailChimp, Quickbooks, Eventbrite, and more.

Work for Kindful?

Learning about Kindful?

Kindful Reviews

Ask Kindful a Question
Showing 101 Kindful reviews
Clay C.

"Kindul saves us time and makes donor management much easier!"

What do you like best?

Kindful's user interface is easy to work with and not intimidating for my staff. It is quick to find the information I need. The donation pages are beautiful and allow donors to pay for the fees, which 70% pay, saving us a lot of money. The support staff is very helpful and quick to answer questions.

What do you dislike?

I have not been crazy about the mobile interface, but the new (March 2019) donor profile page redesign has made that better. I still wish they had an app that was easier to use on the go. I would like more customization of the donation pages. Sometimes it is difficult to pull the right information in a report the first time. There are many reporting options you just need to find the right combination.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You owe it to yourself to get a demo and learn more about it. It's a great product and I enjoy using it. Plus the team behind it is great.

One of the biggest is letting donors cover the fees. That pays for the cost of the software.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Kindful
Scott M.

"Empowering a small non-profit improve fundraising and donor management"

What do you like best?

Kindful is easy to use and track donations by campaign or by fund. You can setup color scheme preferences for all donation pages or you can customize each and every one. Kindful pages are clean and the Dashboard as been recently improved to really help monitor donor management such as donors that have upgraded giving, retention rates, activity on recurring donations, etc.

The Kindful on boarding team was extremely helpful in assisting me setup my donation pages, multiple campaigns, and making sure all my data was successfully transitioned from my previous payment gateway. Making the switch to Kindful has made it much easier for us to manage donor relations and also get better reporting by each campaign.

What do you dislike?

Some reporting features could be improved to make sure you can download actual donated funds that do not include refunds or canceled payments. While you can get customer support via email, I wish my monthly fee included at least some webchat or phone based customer support without an additional fee.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The Kindful team is very nice, patient, and helpful in getting you setup whether you starting from scratch accepting donations or switching from a different platform. It will help you tremendously in monitoring your donations and communicating with your donors.

Kindful has vastly improved our ability to track donations to specific campaigns / funds and make changes to donors' recurring donation plans with ease. Donors can make changes themselves or we can through administrator access. We are more equipped to accurately monitor our donations to each donor and improve our communication with them.

What Donor Management solution do you use?

David S.

"Indispensable "

What do you like best?

Having good data readily available is tremendous. Reports and donor information are easy to access and share with the Team.

I signed up for Kindful primarily because it plays nice with other apps. I use the Stripe, quickbooks, and Zapier integrations.

But I find more and more I use campaign embed buttons in fundraising and rely on Kindful itself rather than the integration.

What do you dislike?

Kindful is a bit slower changing than some software companies, so what you see is what you get for a while.

I would love to see an integration with campaign monitor, my email provider.

And I would really like to see question options on the embedded donation form.

Good data. I rarely touch a spreadsheet these days, which is amazing!

When my accountant has a question, I can have an answer in 5 minutes.

I know exactly how we are doing financially at ALL times. That’s huge.

Elizabeth S.

"A Wonderful Resource For Any Size Non-Profit"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Kindful is how well-thought out the database is. The structure is easy to navigate and helps organize more than just one type of data. From Kindful I can easily see who is giving, what they are giving to, whom they are associated with, what group they belong to, their giving record, and more. The number of integrations available is simply amazing - if Kindful doesn't have it, someone else they integrate with likely does.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I could say I dislike about this product is that it is a bit difficult to access information from the database when not at a desktop. There is not app that I am aware of and when using Kindful from a mobile device, the screen appearance can get a bit clunky.

Kindful is our organization's primary database. We use it for acknowledgements, keeping our constituents, donors, and partners in groups for communication, and for fundraising. The end of the year tax statement tools, as well as automatically generated receipts and acknowledgements are very helpful. We use the giving page generated by Kindful as a plug in to our own

Stephen R.

"From Introduction to Implementation, Kindful = Stellar"

What do you like best?

The staff of Kindful are full of energy and motivation and smarts. They know their product, and are open to changing it for the better. Any question or concern I have is readily answered; any issue is never left hanging no matter how long it takes. They want you to succeed.

What do you dislike?

Creating actual tax summaries/letters (for mail) requires requesting Kindful to send it to you via email

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a company that cares about your success, one who will spearhead change in the non-profit organization industry, and one who also likes to get to know you as a person, go with Kindful. They are very smart and endearing.

My company has acquired another that has been using 1990s business philosophy. Kindful has injected their mentalities with the technology (and ease) of today. We've literally gone from almost everything manual to almost everything automatic... it gives the managers more time to actually manage.

Bobbi W.

"Could be better"

What do you like best?

I appreciate how easy it is to edit a transaction if needed & the price was right for us. Also tech support is included in the price and very responsive.

What do you dislike?

A lot of feature feel unfinished and many things are not intuitive. I wish they had an active community forum get real world examples of how people are using it.

Some of the things I've come across include:

1. there is no way of knowing which "tags" will work properly when you set us a receipt or letter template. If you choose the wrong one text will be missing from what gets sent out to your donors.

2. Causes, which allow you to set up teams to raise funds for you, are confusing to anyone not familiar with kindful already which makes it hard to get others to use it.

3. You can not self import in kind (non-cash) transactions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If this is the first time you are using a donor CRM see if you can get a trial run and import real data. Use it to practice setting up letter/receipt templates, causes etc to make sure it will really do what you need.

Having a central database to track donors & contributions.

Catriona R.

"Kindful is a joy to use and lovely to look at"

What do you like best?

Everything! The dashboard is great, easy to scan for reference to how we're doing compared to last year etc.

It's easy to manage individual donors and organization donors, and to link relationships.

The acknowledgement reminders are useful. Queries are straightforward. Easy plug-in buttons for our website. Easy to set up new campaigns.

What do you dislike?

We do not have enough donors to enter this month!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

See if you can find someone in your network who is already using Kindful and go look over their shoulder!

If you have any questions once you are using it reach out to customer service, they are quick to respond and solve puzzles speedily.

prior to this there was not one cohesive system for tracking donors and generating campaigns, now our fundraising is more streamlined and more effective.

Ben A.

"Great NonProfit CRM - Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Very easy setup, easy for donors to update information. Kindful does a great job of covering the 95% + of things you need a non-profit CRM to do. It does lack the ability to highly customize certain processes, but is great for the majority of processes. They also build webhooks for connecting with other non-profit systems.

What do you dislike?

The ability to make mass updates to information via an importer is lacking at this point. The Importer is great for new information, but not for updating information.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a highly customized system for complex processes, Kindful may not be the best fit. For the average small non-profit Kindful is a "must-see".

Having a system of record for our donor base as well as giving our donors an easy way of giving and updating their financial information. This has been especially helpful for our non-profit as we are built off of recurring donations. We needed an easy way for donors to update their credit card information, and Kindful was great for this while also replacing our old CRM.

Richard S.

"Great CRM "

What do you like best?

Their CRM features, filters, donor management etc. are great to use and very helpful. The platform links to all of our payment aps and email platform. This allows us to streamline and track activity across all of our aps, making tracking very easy for us with a number of donors that interact with us across many different platforms.

What do you dislike?

Their non-team peer to peer fundraising platform was not compatible with for our fundraising strategy. I believe this issue to be unique to our company and audience. We used the peer to peer once for a team activity with over 100 teams with 10 individuals per team. The tracking was very easy but that was about it. The peer to peer capability was helpful with other strategies we have executed, just not useful for all.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time. There are a lot of features that can help you accomplish many tasks quickly. Setup takes time, so do not get frustrated.

Donor management, engagement, and tracking are all solved with the CRM platform. No more spreadsheets and countless inputting of donor information. Kindful solves all these issues and allows for quick reporting and easy tracking of all donor information.

Ariel M.

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

I really like Kindful's user-friendly interface. I really love how the new menu is so easy to navigate. Everything in the menu makes sense.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the way filters work in Kindful. I think that they should be more customizable. There should also be some way to show what each filter does.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be patient with the support staff. They are all really nice, but they sometimes don't read the whole email before responding to you. Their information might not be helpful until you clarify, but they are normally able to help with any issues that arise.

We use Kindful to keep records and financial information organized. We also use it to keep notes about communicating with donors.

"Best, especially for the price."

What do you like best?

Kindful keeps all of the personal data for our donors and supporters and their contributions clear, easy to access, and easy to input. The experience for online donations is seamless - from accepting a gift to acknowledging the gift, we don't have to do a single thing for it all to work!

I also really appreciate the integrations, and while there are some quirks - we connect to a number of other services [with Kindful as the hub of donor information] and are able to meet all of our needs.

What do you dislike?

There are some small areas like collecting multiple email addresses or physical addresses that feels clunky [we either have to choose a single data point to keep or create a million custom fields]. And if you're looking to primarily use it for major donor moves-management, then the tasks features don't have as much functionality as I would wish.

We're a small staff, and Kindful automates enough day-to-day tasks that it takes a lot of work off our plates. The integrations also allow us to keep our information in one central hub, but also take advantage of other platforms that are more tailored for specific uses [MailChimp, CauseVox, Fundraising Report Card are my favorites].

"Great software for the price!"

What do you like best?

This system is great for the price. Their new update makes the dashboard easy to pull data from and see an overview of how your nonprofit is doing. Kindful makes it easy to keep track of donor data and see an overview of how your nonprofit it doing. Connecting to Quickbooks also makes entering donation data a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Search functionality could be improved, as well as their contact duplicate finder. It is frustrating to have so many different options to search for, yet they never seem to be exactly what you are looking for. The contact duplicate finder also does not work incredibly well. Contacts with the same zip code will be pulled, but not with the same first and last name.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Kindful does come with a learning curve. Once you get used to it though, the system is pretty user friendly and the support staff are more than willing to help and answer any questions you might have. If you are going to sync with Quickbooks, be prepared for some transactions to accidentally duplicate (especially if you use PayPal as a online payment collection source).

This makes it easy for us to see how our organization is doing and track donors.

"Kindful has changed the way we engage supporters"

What do you like best?

We love that Kindful is affordable, super easy to use, the numerous integrations with other platforms, and its visual appeal.

What do you dislike?

Kindful's user-friendly platform makes it difficult to customize to an organization's specific needs. Some other platforms are more clumsy, but allow users to create their own fields (which Kindful allows) and run reports on those fields (which Kindful does not).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Kindful is great--especially for smaller nonprofits who do not have the time and resources to mangage all aspects of CRMS, and donor databases. The integrations make life easier, allowing more time to be spent serving clients. Highly recommend!

Kindful has been transformative for our organization. We are now able to track donors and donations, view more succiently our overall development portfolio and progress, and communicate/better engage with our supporters. We can send tax summaries with a click of a button, can track inside the database if our emails were opened--it has been a game changer!

"Useful for startup non-profits"

What do you like best?

Kindful has been useful for tracking donations, producing useful reports, sending out tax receipts and for collecting online donations. Since taking over in my position at work, I have also begun to sync it to Quickbooks which is very helpful as well as use it for sending letters to donors.

What do you dislike?

I have had multiple issues with various aspects of the software, from Quickbooks syncs not working properly to the letters not formatting (and only downloading in PDF format so no corrections can be made in order to print). I also don't like the frequency that the system logs you out (especially since it cannot sync with Quickbooks if it does). I also don't like that it can only sync with Quickbooks once an hour.

We are able to run reports in order track donor giving better as well as to be able to produce clean tax receipts.

Jared D.

"Kindful - Wonderful DMS for your non-profit!"

What do you like best?

Kindful is constantly rolling out new features. Whenever we've come across something, they've either already fixed it or add it to their queue. Also the layout and design of their platform is beautiful.

What do you dislike?

Some features can be a tad tedious. They introduced a new filtering system that took some time to learn, however it's much more powerful than their old system. Being a small company, they're still growing and improving, so things like multiple users performing heavy data tasks can bog down the system sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely consider Kindful! Dig deep to see that they'll truly meet your needs, but I feel assured that they've thought through all of the donor management challenges that non-profits face.

Before Kindful, we were managing all of our donation activity and donor information through spreadsheets. Now, we're quickly able to pull specific sets of data for analysis, prepare mail merges, marketing campaigns, etc. One of the biggest benefits is being able to see a donor's profile which includes things like their giving history and interactions with our Emma e-blasts.

Dan S.

"Friendly User Interface, but Feature Set Lacking"

What do you like best?

The user interface is fantastic and is much more modern than most donor management systems. The donation pages are beautiful and very easy to set up.

What do you dislike?

I find that most donor development CRM's suffer from a complete lack of automation tool sets and Kindful is no different. At the end of the day, Kindful is only a simple CRM that can take donations. The analytic dashboard is poor in that you can't the date range of the stats, which makes it very difficult to track trends to gain insights (which is kind of the point of the dashboard in my opinion). We regreted paying for a full year in advance and have completely abandoned the system. We still have not found a great donor management system that is as capable as come of the CRM's in the small business market like Infusionsoft. The customer service is also sub par.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They don't do trail's, so purchase a month and play around with it before you pay in advance for a year.

We are simply trying to better manage our relationships with two very different categories of donors. The first are large donors and the second is small donors (under $10k in donations). Following up with each of them is very different and we are specifically looking trying to figure out how to follow up more automatically with small donors.

Rick L.

"All in one, All accessible wherever you are!"

What do you like best?

We like that we can have all of our donor information, history, notes, contact information etc.. all in one place and all accessible wherever we are. Kindful integrates well with Stripe and Mail Chimp, two services that we use. This was easy to setup and get working. From the external user's point of view, it has worked very well. Although Kindful does not have a mobile App, I have found the response design to work well on my phone. The support team has been helpful and responsive. The custom branding gives our donors assurance that they are still donating with us, even when they conclude their donation through the Kindful interface.

What do you dislike?

Since Kindful has a lot of features, a solid online training time would have been helpful as we started so that we could have a more custom session based upon our particular use, integration and development. There are times when we have specific questions that are not found in the support material. Although the support team has been helpful, sometimes it is easier to have a live conversation rather than a trail of emails back and forth. Kindful is also cloud managed so it can lag a bit when it is loading searches and reports.

We are a small non-proffit and Kindful is allowing us to have a much more seamless and integrated donor receipting, tracking and appreciation system. Our younger donors have easily adopted to the recurring donations.

Linda H.

"Getting there"

What do you like best?

Team is responsive and constantly updating to improve the system and address concerns.

Lots of capabilities - link to cause pages/peer to peer fundraising, link to email company so mailing list for e-newsletters is synced and updated - Huge

Great ways to connect/leave messages for others working with donors within Kindful and keeping track of what has been done.

Linked customizable donor page is fantastic.

Having Kindful search for records that I need to address is helpful - I have it look for new recurring donors. It tells me when someone sets up a recurring donation and then I verify that all is set up according to our protocol. - so helpful to have Kindful look instead of doing it manually!

Quick reporting to see how much money has been given to various funds or campaigns.

Colorful/friendly website

Friendly and helpful tech support with very handy help button to send questions and attach copy of the URL that initiated the question so that they better understand what you're looking at and need.

Price is much more reasonable than eTapestry was for us.

What do you dislike?

The biggest weakness in Kindful for me is the reporting system. Although there is a lot of flexibility to the system, I still find myself creating reports that I need to manipulate in Excel in order to get the answers that I want. eTapestry had a better reporting system even though it could be very confusing and difficult to use.

Kindful has awesome potential and I like it, but it still is a program that is learning it's ins and outs - still making and needing updates to make it work better. Sometimes it feels like I'm working on a beta system. That said, they are making changes and the price does compensate for some drawbacks.

We use Kindful to keep track of donations and how various appeals are generating revenue as well as to which project donors are giving. I also use it to create reports for marketing, development, administration, executives, and for import into our accounting software.

David H.

"Beautiful donor management software"

What do you like best?

The interface is modern, elegant, and easy to use. It's packed with features that are very useful to nonprofits small and large, and it interfaces well with other tools such as Eventbrite and Mailchimp so that we can use the ideal tool for each task. It has attractive donation pages, including user accounts for donors to see their donations and update payment methods, etc. For a volunteer run small nonprofit where everyone has other jobs and responsibilities, Kindful has made donor management very, very easy. They also keep improving it. Lastly, it has a really beautiful dashboard with useful information displayed in an easy-to-digest manner.

What do you dislike?

It seems pretty expensive for a small nonprofit, but not prohibitively so.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

At the time we were researching our options, we compared, and evaluated, the top contenders offering modern, beautiful, and feature packed donor management software. Some SEEMED to offer more functionality Kindful, and while it was attractive to have an "all in one" solutions, actually using the software revealed that while the all in ones can do a lot of things, they can't do anything really, really well. Kindful does what it does very, very well, and perhaps the most powerful aspect of Kindful is its ability to work with other tools (Mailchimp, Eventbrite and others) that do other functions much better than Kindful likely ever could. It's a great product that really makes like easier for small nonprofits like ours.

Before Kindful, I had used several other similar products, but found they had major flaws. Either they were too clunky and difficult to use, or were missing valuable features (like auto-generating year end giving statements), or were geared for massive organizations with so much complexity that it just wasn't user friendly. Some had more functionality ( such as email management, event management), but none of the features really worked that well - they were trying to do too much. We are a small nonprofit that is not necessarily attempting to grow into something much larger. We have limited time to give to the nonprofit, so we needed software that was friendly and easy to use, had a powerful feature set, and integrates well with tools that are the best at what they do. Kindful tracks all donations, whether credit card, PayPal, or through Eventbrite, issues donation receipts, auto generates year end statements, has beautiful donor profiles with donation history, payment method management, and all contact info (a true donor-focused CRM system). It has nice reporting and basically does the things you would hope a donor management system to do, and it does them very well. It allows us to simply focus on the running of our events, not have to spend time generating donation receipts or giving statements, have our volunteer/donor base centralized, and still use the best software tools for other tasks, such as Mailchimp for mailings and Eventbrite for event management.

Jean-Luc R.

"Kindful has been wonderful to work with "

What do you like best?

The reporting features are one of the best parts in my opinion. When it's time for a board meeting, I simply pull the development report and I'm good to go! Also, the custom reporting based on activity has been crucial. Tracking down donors throughout the year has been a lot easier because of this feature.

What do you dislike?

The QuickBooks sync has been a troublemaker from the get go. But I adjusted and do offline donations now.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend being very organized in the way you upload your data. I wish we had done this from the start, but as a small staff we really just needed to get thing started. Make sure you tag gifts, put contacts into the correct groups, and really check for duplicates. All of these things are made possible in Kindful.

This is our first CRM and it has really helped us with donor relations. We've been able to regain lapsed donors and work on retention.

Andrew C.

"Great costumer service, user-friendly interface"

What do you like best?

Kindful has amazing customer service. Their staff does a great job. We had an issue at first with our data import, where the data from our previous system was not matching up with Kindful's system. Kindful helped us tremendously with this problem and ended up solving it for us while staying in constant communication. I also like how clean the campaigns look and how easy they are to use, on the admin side and the user side. We have seen our online donations increase, simply because the donation software is more appealing.

What do you dislike?

There was that problem with our import, which was frustrating, but they helped us solve the issue. Other than that, I was there was more customization with the donation page and the cause pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take some time to really get to know the system and build it out. You can't continue to do all your other work and then just find some time for it. Really learn it and utilize it and you'll be better off.

We are receiving more online donations. And the reports we are able to run help us segment our audience and target them. We are especially aided by the integration with Emma, where we can send emails to people based on the Kindful reports.

Abraham T.

"Great software for a non profit. Excellent customer service. Once you join, you join a family!"

What do you like best?

World Class Customer Service. Many times companies sell product and then they forget you. Kindful team is with you every step of the way. They accommodate every reasonable request you have and go out of their way to help you. Software is well thought out and yet very simple enough to use it. Loved the simplicity of the product and ease of use. With little technical knowledge you will be able to get up and running. The social media engagement is really good.

What do you dislike?

Limited ability at this time for

- Bulk edit of the Funds, and Campaigns

- Changing the look and feel of the campaign and cause pages

This is not dislike... I wish they were there.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look no further. Start with trial. Get all your answered. Then sign up. Once you join the KINDFUL you got another family. They are very prompt to answer your question. They have the WORLD CLASS customer support. The price is very reasonable.

We are a non profit Organization. One of the humanitarian projects that we are engaged is to provide clean drinking water to the people in third world countries by digging the wells. This software helped us to bring all our donors to one place and see their involvement in our work. The Social fundraising is so much help. I am hoping to use it at the maximum.

April B.

"Helped us organize our data"

What do you like best?

This is a very user friendly database as compared to our old system. I like how neat and simple everything is, and they partner with most of our other tools as well which makes it a great database for our non-profit.

What do you dislike?

I wish I would have understood how to organize our data before we uploaded it. Also, I think some of the communication features to make automatic are tricky to learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have all of your information you need before transferring your data. Maybe have a trial before giving all your data. It is great but it is hard to filter once you go live with all of the merged data.

We have people buying products, participating in events and donating. This system is helpful to see each contact and what their involvement is to better target our contacts and communicate well with them on their desires.

Erica M.

"Great for Small Non-Profits!"

What do you like best?

I love how accessible the Customer Service team is! They respond quickly and their many helpful articles provide many of the answers you need.

What do you dislike?

It's not always extremely user friendly and requires a major learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great company that is continually growing and improving its product! There is a learning curve to start-up but it is the best product for its price and the only one accessible to small companies and non-profits which so seamlessly combines Fundraising and CRM!

We are a small non-profit aiding those in need around the world. We needed a giving system and CRM that wouldn't break the bank! Kindful meets our needs and their team is incredibly helpful. It is so convenient not to manually pull giving records and to ensure there isn't much room for user error. We want to protect our company, grow our donor base, and make a great impact! Kindful has helped us make a way for those things!

"Great for Donor Relations and Payment"

What do you like best?

I love that it is easy to set up a donor, add a form of payment and charge the card within 5 minutes.

What do you dislike?

Creating reports: you really have to understand the filters and really think through all the details when making a report. If the report doesn't have what you need, you have to start over.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great to track donors/donations. Great to set relationship between businesses and business owners.

Great for Donor Relations, and easy and quick enough to use while on the phone with a donor. Great for reporting and for hosting a run/race, or fund raising for specific campaigns.

We have donors that fund raise for trips, and they are able to have their own "trip participant page" , which is so easy! Super helpful

Learn more about Kindful

Kindful Videos

Learning about Kindful?

* We monitor all Kindful reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.0