Keeper Password Manager Reviews & Product Details

Keeper Password Manager Overview

What is Keeper Password Manager?

Millions of people and thousands of businesses depend on Keeper's password manager and encrypted vault to substantially reduce the risk of a data breach. Keeper is the world leader for securing passwords, documents and sensitive digital assets. With Keeper, your business can auto-generate high-strength passwords, protect sensitive files in an encrypted digital vault, securely share records with teams and seamlessly integrate with SSO, LDAP and 2FA. Start a 14-Day Free Trial now.

Keeper Password Manager Details
Arabic, German, Greek, English, French, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)

Securely store, share and manage your passwords, logins, credit card numbers, bank accounts and private information in your encrypted digital vault.

Keeper is built with a proprietary, zero-knowledge security architecture, meaning all encryption and decryption is done locally on the user’s device. Each record is encrypted using AES-256 with a different and unique key that is randomly generated, client-side.

On top of aggregate security audits, Keeper also provides event logging and log event tracking for over 75 event types, the ability to send event-based alerts and the capability to log events to an external system.

Keeper provides granular organization and taxonomy of encrypted records. It utilizes folders and subfolders for securely storing and organizing credentials, metadata and files. Users can then share individual records, folders and subfolders.

Keeper provides a powerful tool for developers and IT admins to automate and integrate password management, provision users, rotate passwords and more all from the command line.

Keeper has the longest standing SOC 2 Type 2, ISO 27001 and TRUSTe certification in the industry.

Keeper Security
2011
Chicago, IL
@keepersecurity

Keeper Password Manager Videos

Keeper Password Manager Screenshots

Keeper Password Manager Reviews

Showing 576 Keeper Password Manager reviews
Already have Keeper Password Manager?
AC
What do you like best?

The functionality is generally very good. The ability to create and store passwords from within the browser, using the add-in is really nice. The option for password length and complexity are good and easy to use.

The information available in the admin center is nice too. It is also really cool to be able to "Share" passwords with other users and the functionality around that feature is very nice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are certain situations where the browser add-in has been troublesome. For instance, I use an MFA tool and every time I am in the admin panel on that website, Keeper fills the name of the company in with my email address so all the users then see my email address instead of the name as it should appear in the app. I assume this might be a coding problem on the site itself, but there is no way in Keeper (that I have found) to tell it to NOT fill in that particular box.

In other words, a more granular control would be nice. Yes I want to use Keeper on "this" site but no I don't want to use Keeper in "that" box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I find Keeper to be more than worth the minimal cost. I paid the price for the minimum 5 users and only intended to use it for myself, so I guess you could say I find it to be worth at least 5x what they charge/user. I have since handed out the other 4 accounts to various users and all have seemed happy with the product, though none use it as extensively as I do.

I have some reservations about how easy it would be to roll out and administer a product like this to an entire organization with hundreds of people, particularly when they are not exactly "computer savvy", but since I have not tried, it is only speculation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am the sole IT employee of a company with over 150 users. We don't have the budget to have all users on Keeper but just for my own purposes it is a life saver. I have over 400 passwords and various user names for different devices, websites, services, etc and Keeper is the best tool I've seen for making them not only organized but improving accessibility and time spent entering and changing that info. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Independent Agent
Teacher
What do you like best?

Simple interface to use and navigate. Admin console is great for managing users and policy enforcement. Really like the ability to transfer vaults/account from one user to another user which is useful in the event someone leaves the company. Shared folders are easy to user and the ability to assign individual users and/or groups of users to a shared folder or individual record is nice. Chrome browser extension works as expected. You can add notes, files, photos, and custom fields to each records which are nice extra features. Lastly this is personal preference but you can get really granular with permissions on either an entire shared folder or an individual record. Instructions/guidance on this when you first start off are kind of unclear but once you read into it and understand it, great to have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A few things that could use some work:

1. There's no built in password generator in the browser extension. There's a password generator when adding a new record inside your vault but I would like a quick and handly password generator option right there in the browser extension. Lastpass had that built into their extension and I used that quite often. Yeah sure I guess there are 3rd party extensions or websites that do the same thing but that's an annoying extra few clicks just to give me a randomly generated password.

2. There's only 4 types of records you can create. A standard record, a folder, a shared folder, and a payment card/credit card. I would of liked just a plain "Notes" record. Sometimes you just want an organized dumping ground for notes, keys, credentials, etc. without having to create an official record for it.

3. For some reason they haven't figured out a way to allow you to move an entire folder of records into another folder. You gotta move records individually which can be kind of annoying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Prevents my users from just storing company credentials, keys, notes, etc. in a plain spreadsheet or doc. This gives them a company managed password vault for them to store their stuff and safely share to other team members as needed. Vault/account transfer is also super helpful in the event an employee leaves and they're the only ones with any specific records/credentials. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I rest easier knowing our password vault solution is secure and highly available. The mobile app and browser extensions save labor without compromising security and we lean very heavily on the enterprise sharing features. Associating shared folders with Teams saves on guesswork with group-accessed passwords. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Older shared items don't always have the right sharing for their folder location, and there's no way to fix access lists from the Admin Console. Being able to transfer a disabled user's records has improved the situation, and the problem seems to only happen with older records. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Map out your users, teams, fodler layout, and SSO policies before rolling out the client, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking masses of passwords, pem files, certificate keys.. and providing the correct level of access to many users. We used to use an encrypted file and we always had issues with lack of access granularity and file versions.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The feature set of Keeper brings a lot to the table and provides the ability for very granular secret security. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Keeper could use a better SAML integration and I hope that eventually they increase that capacity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend that when considering products within this sector, Keeper should be considered due to ease of use, administration, and rapid setup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Provides a consolidated location for secure storage of secrets in an auditable and managed fashion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like best about Keeper Password Manager is it's ease of use. Everything is laid out very well and is nice to look at. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Keeper password manager is the search feature which is clunky and sometimes doesn't give the info you'd like as well as the load time when logging in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem we are solving with Keeper Password Manager is saving and managing our passwords. The benefits are we can centralize our passwords so no more individual last pass accounts or excel sheets with password info. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technical Apprentice
What do you like best?

It's a simple and easy to use password manager, it doesn't have any extra fluff like others do and it's visible that their focused on offering higher security to the consumer. I really appreciate saying I have used their services for over 5 years and without a doubt will continue to do so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the mobile versions of keeper have some bugs. Mainly what I've noticed is that the KeeperFill on Android will sometimes not work correctly when trying to fill out text boxes for apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There's no extras on Keeper, excluding optional upgrades. You pay for the password manager and if that's all you need, that's all it takes. It's very simple with no extraneous nagging or hassle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When looking at how I stored passwords prior to Keeper, the answer is I didn't and I had 2-3 passwords for everything. This is the one nightmare any cybersecurity person would never want to have. Eventually, those passwords have the risk of being breached. Using Keeper's random password generator paired with the manager to store my passwords, I have been able to walk away from the horrors of only having 1 key to my whole castle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Keeprer is one of the best password managers I've used. It has everything I need, and it's pretty easy to understand and use! I've been a long time user of Dashlane Premium, but the autofill feature wasn't working properly, and sometimes not at all, which was the real reason that forced me to find a better alternative, and it was Keeper! Now, and after using Keeper (the premium version) for almost 6 months I can tell that it's much, much better than Dashlane and every other password manager I've tested/used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing actually. It has everything a password manager should offer, and it's fast and reliable! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy and solid app! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It keeps my passwords safe!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The zero-knowledge security model, incredibly responsive and helpful support, and the plethora of use cases Keeper has helped our business solve. Additionally, being able to authenticate with Okta SSO and use Just-In-Time (JIT) provisioning has allowed us to take ownership of our employee onboarding and offboarding process seamlessly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I just wish more people knew about Keeper and weren't stuck on tools like LastPass and 1Password. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

-Password management

-Secrets Rotation

-Connecting securely to applications (AWS CLI, SSH servers, etc)

-Compromised credentials

-Secure storage of files, documents, and data Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

I love the SCIM with the SSO ability. This reduces overhead for user management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Exporting to .csv doesn't include headers to sort/filter accordingly. It's a guessing game of what folders the passwords were under. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were able to manage user access and permissions in a single pane of glass. If we disable or delete a user account it updates in real time inside Keeper which reduces the risk of unauthorized access. With a single password management system we can have users access shared passwords at ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use

Sharing abilities

Administration Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I dislike about keeper yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This will be the last password manager you use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeper helps our users create strong and secure passwords without re-using passwords. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease of managing all of my passwords in one simple application. I use Keeper to store and manage all of my credentials, including using it to suggest strong, unique passwords. I use both the mobile app and browser plugins. Managing over 500 unique credentials is easy with Keeper. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to discover a downside to Keeper for managing passwords. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have found that as I have used Keeper to both store and suggest passwords, I now have unique passwords for most of my logins. This reduces my risk profile in case of a security breach of one of the sites that I use. I also use the application with my team to securely share credentials. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

I love that keeper has a password history. It really helps keep our records straight. We are able to share certain folders and keep others private. That is very is helpful for team-sharing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing: it truly is great software. It fills our needs, and gave us features we didn't know we needed. We definitely can't live without them now! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can keep permissions locked on folders, which keeps access locked down for only the relevant people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

The autofill feature and the chrome extension. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In the chrome extension, it doesn't go straight to the password field if you have "remember my username" checked anymore. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it to keep track of passwords that are shared between members in our department, along with making it easier to have unique passwords for each device. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information Technology Manager
What do you like best?

We have had a very easy adoption of Keeper migrating from Lastpass. Cody has been with us each step and followed up with any issue we may have.

The sharing and permissions for groups work like charm. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I have so many accounts that need a password. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Push the trial hard and you will be happy. Also, ask a lot of questions. Keepers teams is very knowledgable and I haven't had such a great demo is a very long time. PJ does an excellent job presenting the Keeper application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having the ability to share credentials as a team and no have to change anything if someone is off-boarded. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that I only have to remember one password! It's so easy to sign into one program and all my passwords are there. I never have to remember to update passwords, since Keeper does it automatically! I used to be disorganized and could never find my passwords, so I would spend a lot of time resetting passwords to sites. No more! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside I've come across is that Keeper can't automatically log me into desktop applications. It offers a section to save these passwords, but I have to copy and paste them into the program. It would be cool if Keeper developed a way to interact with desktop applications to make a seamless log-in process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am saving a lot of time because I no longer have to track down my passwords or reset passwords I can't remember anymore. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Moved from Lastpass to Keeper because it is easier to use and auto log in to websites better. Very easy to control all passwords and log in's and it is easy to customise roles to allow for restricted access where necessary amongst our team for the purposes of GDPR compliance. The purchase process was simple and the help obtained from Federico was invaluable when posing questions prior to purchase. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Great software and we have no dislikes at all Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to manage a multiple passwords across a team with differing needs, this product is perfect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GDPR compliance requires a robust system for sharing credentials across our team and this fits the bill perfectly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

I like that Keeper is easy to use and intuitive, and that I only need to remember one master password to get access to all my individual website and account passwords. It keeps me from needing to memorize every login and password for every account or using an unsecured method of tracking it all, like using a spreadsheet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything about it that I don't like, but it would be great if there were also a free basic version like some of its competitors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great product. I highly recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don't have any problems. It is doing exactly what I need it to do; keep my passwords organized, easily accessible, and secure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.