Kaplan SelfTest

3.8

Kaplan products provide career opportunities to technology students and IT professionals who prove their technical proficiency through guaranteed certifications success. Trust Kaplans sensible and straight-forward products to help you start or further your career and become the IT professional you strive to be.

Work for Kaplan SelfTest?

Learning about Kaplan SelfTest?

Categories

Kaplan SelfTest Reviews

Showing 18 Kaplan SelfTest reviews
Angeliki L.

"Kaplan always delivers "

What do you like best?

It doesn’t just Function For IT professionals looking to relearn or review software specifications or languages, but it also works for beginners looking to become familiar with these products.

What do you dislike?

Because this caters largely to IT professionals seeking a self-study certification preparation option, some of the language used is not accessible and assumes a lot of prior knowledge- it is also very test-centric. If something won’t appear on the exam it is skipped, which would be a huge benefit to those with a lot of computer science knowledge since condensing the amount of information is important to that population, but of limited benefit to an undergraduate student etc. additionally, more comprehensive information about these programs and systems technically already exista elsewhere- I could learn about Oracle through free Linux courses and tutorials available online, for instance.

the company’s solutions are not wholly

limited to those preparing for exams- they are made such that they can also be utilized by IT training centers, college and university students, such as myself. In the Wake Forest Medical School labs where I worked, this was instrumental for understanding more about linux since a lot of bioinformatics was used in order to model protein-drug interactions.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Kaplan SelfTest
Mahtab T.

"Self-Testing Service"

What do you like best?

I enjoy that this service provides testing for many different topics. This is especially important when evaluating different students of all different ages and levels. When it comes to exam prep, the important thing is seeing how you perform under similar test conditions and SelfTest allows you to be able to mimic those conditions using exam-esque material.

What do you dislike?

The user interface can be a little difficult to manage especially when dealing with younger students who are being tested. Certain students can have difficulty because of their inexperience with exam formats, but Kaplan offers similar to exam question so it is important for them to get close to the exam format.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While Kaplan is centered around test prep, it offers this self test service for exam prep purposes, to see where you may stand in the examination preparation process. You should consider the formatting and material availability and then look at your client base to see if the material matches up to what your most demanded subject reviews are.

There are not a lot of business problems with this service. It happens to be geared more for older students than younger, so we are unable to have a uniform testing program. The benefit is the compilation of different subject material.

What Study Tools solution do you use?

Rema B.

"Great Way to Study"

What do you like best?

The testing material is similar to other Kaplan material, so you know it is reliable. They upload a standard of excellence, and this material/service is no different. It is a very convenient service to use. The material is close to the exam material, which is best in preparation.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike, I just wish they had more extensive material to work with. They have a lot of material, but I do wish they developed more in a similar format to other courses or for more certifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The only thing I would recommend is expanding their material. Material is always the issue sometimes with testing, and it is the one thing that is lacking in test preparation. This product helps with that. Use it to self test (as the name suggests)!

Sometimes, it is difficult to test objectively or be in an environment to take an exam or prepare for one in the same settings when you actually take the exam. Kaplan SelfTest eases some of those conditions and enables you to take an exam in conditions similar to taking the actual exam.

"A Great Resource for Preparing for Standardized Tests"

What do you like best?

Kaplan offers excellent test prep resources across a variety of platforms (digital, in-person, and print) and a variety of content areas (from college admissions to licensure).

What do you dislike?

Kaplan updates there test prep resources every year with a new "edition," although, rarely does the content of the various editions change significantly. This can lead consumers to feel like they need to update their Kaplan test prep edition yearly, and therefore spend more money, even though very little within the test prep may actually change.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Kaplan self-test is a great resource, but if you are on a budget, and the assessment you are studying for has not changed significantly over the past few years, consider purchasing a past edition. Also consider what type of learning (in-person, self-guided books, or self-paced software) is best for you. In-person prep often comes at a premium, but for many learners, it provides the greatest improvement.

Kaplan has helped me prepare for college admissions, graduate school admissions, as well as professional licensure exams (PRAXIS). I am a very self-guided learner so I appreciate that they have various levels of guides available. I prefer to do the studying myself with the published guides, while others may prefer the software-based test prep, or in person prep.

UF

"good Interface, bad questions"

What do you like best?

The interface is modern, simple, and easy to use. They allow you to analyze your performance anyway you’d like. For example, they itemize each topic, how well you did on each, recommend what topic to study, etc

What do you dislike?

99% of the questions are accurate, but there’s once in a while where you click the right answer and it marks it wrong, but the explanation blatantly supports the answer you selected. Also, it seems to be Kaplan’s strategy to ask much more difficult questions that are actually on the exam you’re preparing for. This strategy just isn’t effective for me. I’d rather not have my confidence deteriorate and would rather just see how I’d do on a practice exam with the exact same level of difficulty I’d expect from the real exam

Helped me advance my career and earned designations to benefit myself, my clients, and my firm. I realized I was more prepared for the exams than if I studied on my own

AE
Administrator in Entertainment

"Best Test Prep website"

What do you like best?

I'm in it, and when it comes to getting certified it need all the help I can to prepare. With this website, I like that I can get help with getting ways to pass my It exams. I love that this software can help by allowing me to study on my own pace and allowing me to review the answers I got wrong.

What do you dislike?

I not a fan of the price. Thank goodness for coupons I found online that gives me discounts. I also have issues with not getting through with tech support. It seems like no one is around.

With dealing with being the only IT in our company. IT helps that I can be certified and being the best IT I can be, When an issue came when our server was down I was able to fix it with what I learned in Kaplan. It was a big help.

"Kaplan review "

What do you like best?

the channel that it features.the study plan dashboard when you sign on and the text banks it provides. I like that it will deduct the hours that you are putting into it and will let you know how many hours you should be spending overall per section and per chapter. I also like how it follows the class and gives you the details on where and went the class will be and the chapters that will be covered in case I forget.

What do you dislike?

that you cant zoom in on the app when you are watching a live channel or a recoding of it. The flashcard app has terrible definitions and no pictures; there are not enough worksheets and the class doesn't cover all of the content. it cover just strategies but I would prefer to go over content instead so that I could understand the material better before focusing on the strategy. It makes you really a ton of chapters and then in class you dont even go over it. it doesn't make any sense.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

it would be nice to have live chat instead of having to call someone when you need something and be put on hold for like an hour for a simple question. I would have more tutors available on line for the channels and also have a better flashcard application. I wold recommend putting more videos on the high yield topics because they are the most important on the mcat and the book does not always do a good job at explaining or depicting the information necessary for us to understand the material well.

I have to use it but sometimes I have trouble loading the page and there aren't enough videos for the high yield material. There doesn't seem to be improving and I dont know what else to do other than write this review. it is very expensive and the books don't do a good job at explaining the material. In fact I have found some straight up error in the book and I'm wondering how many things are wrong that I have not caught. it worries me that there is omitted info or wrong information so maybe I should have just picked exam crackers or Princeton review. the channel also has tutors online or behind the scenes but they are not always helpful and just repeat the same thing that the main tutor just said which is clearly not even helpful since I just asked them to explain exactly what they just stated. They also take a while to get back to you and at the point you dont even know if their answer is relevant anymore.m

Monali P.

"great online testing resource"

What do you like best?

I used kaplan self test for my IT studying needs! It was organized and had both exams and practice questions. There was also a variety of material prep too!

What do you dislike?

sometimes there is difficulty with loading the larger videos. In addition, some questions dont have the best explanations.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended as it is reliable information at a reasonable price

I was trying to refine my IT skills and stay up to date for my job

UP
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Kaplan Studies to Renew Skills"

What do you like best?

I liked that they offered many different platforms to refine my skills in my new career that is focused around data analysis and research. We use Oracle and Cisco and of course all Microsoft softwares, so it was a one stop shop to be able to learn more.

What do you dislike?

I would have liked for there to be more ways to hone in our SQL knowledge/skills.

Being able to use Kaplan as a study reference and refining our skills in our IT team. We use Kaplan in our industry as a "learning center" and our company pays for any additional prolonged learning that may be useful for the job.

"Tool for IT professionals seeking a self-study certification preparation option"

What do you like best?

The company now offers over 140 vendor-authorized certification practice tests to its customers, with a database of over 55,000 questions. Kaplan SelfTest is also an approved Microsoft Certified Practice Test Provider (PTP), which means that its certification preparation products are subject to quality assurance reviews by Microsoft

What do you dislike?

Coupons or promo codes are hard to find. I sometimes found ones on websites that didn't work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product!

It helps IT professionals brush up on their skills and to help them to prepare for external certification. This improves the skills of the employees.

"GRE Review"

What do you like best?

I utilized this for a GRE practice prior to taking the exam. It was very helpful for this purpose!

What do you dislike?

The cost was higher compared to other programs, however the detail of the questions and resources (exams, quizzes, study guides, etc.) offered were more than other programs offered.

The various items offered in this program are more than other its competitors, and it has helped studying from several different perspectives instead of just taking practice tests.

Jon H.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is easy to use and can be used anywhere.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dont like about this product.

Certifications.

Renee M.

"Amazing product for my classroom"

What do you like best?

This program is an asset to my classroom

It helps me pinpoint the weaknesses of my students.

What do you dislike?

At first it can be overwhelming and hard to navigate.

It helps accumulate data.

UA
User in Architecture & Planning

"Easy to use but out dated"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and organized to find what you need

What do you dislike?

Not able to pause an exam, sometimes takes too many screens to get to what you want

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is useful and easy to use

Less overhead needed since it is available online for the end user. Simple enough for most users to accomplish without support.

E
Executive Sponsor

"Convenient and useful"

What do you like best?

Tests are recognized universally amongst some of the top tech companies.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if the tests were free, but I understand they need to make money.

Helps with evaluating potential new hire candidates if they are qualified with the technical skills they claim to have.

UR
User in Research

"Decent, relatively user-friendly experience "

What do you like best?

This self-test software almost perfectly replicates the real experience

What do you dislike?

There are a small proportion of trials that are buggy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good software that replicates the real testing experience for users.

This software covers the demographic of young people entering higher education, which helps expand our customer base.

"Review"

What do you like best?

Kaplan self test works good for people looking to study at their own pace.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to transition into different study areas.

Being able to make ourselfs more prepared for daily work with learning more.

"Very Effective "

What do you like best?

used this for the GRE in addition to the app, Kaplan is the greatest test prep service to use.

What do you dislike?

cost is a bit high, but it is monopolized market.

Studying for GRE Exam, Word GRE App iPhone

Learning about Kaplan SelfTest?

* We monitor all Kaplan SelfTest reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories