JBarrows Sales Training Reviews & Product Details

Region Vice President, West
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I took over the role of RVP of the West region at Dynatrace two months ago...Within a couple weeks onboard, I recognized the need for training for my team around more "modern" / updated prospecting techniques & methodologies to help us build top of funnel / pipeline growth. My previous company leveraged John's training and it was fantastic! I knew my new team could benefit from his training.

It's only been a month since our training and we're seeing tremendous results from it! Our AE's and SDR's are seeing higher response rates to their outbound sales campaigns and getting more meetings (difficult as we're in the middle of SIP/COVID19). I definitely recommend John's training to any organization looking for practical coaching, tools and techniques that lead to immediate results.

My team is still raving about everything they've learned from John! Thanks, John and the JB team! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

John's coaching & tools are practical & effective. His prospecting methodology and tools have allowed my team to more efficient and effective in researching their prospects and building out sales campaign flows that are relevant to our prospective clients. This is driving greater response rates and initial meetings with our targeted clients/personas.

In addition, John's energy and passion for coaching AE's and SDR's for success! With the shelter in place, John had to deliver the training virtually. At first, I was nervous about how engaged the team would be... John keeps the group engaged, excited and wanting to learn more from John!

John and Megan (Customer Success) have been fantastic at following up since our training to provide guidance to my team on area's we're still getting "stuck," and with additional ideas/thoughts on how we keep the team engaged and having success! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing; I can't say one negative thing about John's "build the pipe" training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Work closely with John or a member of his team before hand on building out a learning plan to ensure that you're able to get as much of John's training as possible with your training budget. They're flexible and willing to develop a plan that will drive the most value within your budget.

Also, prior to the training, John and his team will ask for information around your company, your "pitch" and call / email scripts, the personas your team targets, etc. I suggest working closely with your marketing and SDR team in pulling together as much this information, in as possible, in addition to any information you can provide John relative to your team and their skillsets and areas they need assistance. This is valuable to John in your "prep session" and allows him to tailoring the training for your solution.

Last, continue to work closely with Megan (Customer Success) after the training to ensure further success with your team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My sales team had not been trained recently on more modern, effective prospecting techniques. As a result, they were struggling in getting meetings which was impacting our overall pipeline / top of funnel growth.

I'll be sure to update my review in the next 3 - 6 months, when we really expect to see growth in the pipeline and in our ARR results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

JBarrows Sales Training Overview

What is JBarrows Sales Training?

JBarrows Sales Training provides sales training and consulting services to some of the world’s leading companies like Salesforce.com, Slack, G2 Crowd and many others. Companies use the JBarrows Sales Training to ensure their teams are driving consistent, high-quality meetings with target prospects and are improving the quality of interactions and executions within the sales process. JBarrows Sales Training leverages structure, process and teaches actionable techniques to help drive measurable results for organizations large and small.

JBarrows Sales Training Details

Individual and group online sales training, as well as in-person and remote training for corporate clients.

JBarrows Sales Training
Boston, MA
@JohnMBarrows

JBarrows Sales Training Videos

JBarrows Sales Training Screenshots

JBarrows Sales Training Downloads

Answer a few questions to help the JBarrows Sales Training community
Have you used JBarrows Sales Training before?

JBarrows Sales Training Reviews

Showing 265 JBarrows Sales Training reviews
Location
Already have JBarrows Sales Training?
Enterprise Sales Development Representative
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I will post, word-for-word, what my feedback looked like to my manager about this training:

''It's great to not have it as structured as other trainings and quite open because that way, we actually get to ask questions on what is relevant to us NOW, as opposed to having a strict, outlined agenda where relevant stuff isn't covered.

John's training is also so FRESH and NEW, it's very relevant. I honestly don't think being trained on a specific method (let's take SPIN for example) would be as useful, because it becomes quite complicated with the nature of our business...

Personally, I have found it very useful to understand the power of PROCESS and research. This is something every SDR can benefit from and improve for sure. These sessions are also so actionable and I have already started to implement key components into my everyday.'' Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The fact that it is not your usual, old school training and John keeps it super relevant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that we have to do it virtually (given the circumstances!). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to communicate the value proposition within the 1st touchpoint of reaching out to execs.

Our product is super complicated and technical and this is helping me to portray business value. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

This training helped provide a repeatable and battle tested structure to how you should approach Outreach in Sales. From Account research to execution, this training helped me simplify my approach to selling a very complex solution. Specifically, his structure for cold emails and cold calls have already made a substantial impact on my performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We work at a Technology company that sells a very complex technical solution. Having a sales professional come teach us on how to be better sales professionals. This isn't a course on tips/tricks to be a better sales professional. This is a course that lays out the critical building blocks that you must work on to become a more effective sales profession, regardless of your industry. In other words the "What should I do" and the "Why I should do it". In addition, he sets clear examples for "How you should do it", but not in a way that says here's how I do sales outreach, just copy this and you'll be better. More in a way of here's "How" you should approach building, testing and optimizing an outreach strategy that is specific to your company and that works well for your style. This is something I'm really excited to build on.

Ultimately, John is a great guy and it's evident that he truly does care about the people he's working with. He's easy to work with and creates an environment where it's easy to ask questions and he'll make sure to spend time to ensure he's providing the 'context' to how his lessons can play a role in your specific world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would have enjoyed having more sessions :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lack of sales professional training for SDRs and lack of a unified structure for why you should approach outreach this way versus another. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

As a new member of our team, the training was part of my onboarding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

John presented several tools that I could use right away and did so in a focused manner. The main tools and important takeaways were easy to put to use and remember. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel that the breakout sessions we had with our managers were lacking some direction and would have been more useful if the session leaders more clearly understood the process/instructions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I think it is important that sales managers fully commit to training. If they do not, the individual salespeople may not get the whole benefit of the tools and recommendations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm learning to sell and close with a new team and product set. I have some great tools and methods that can help me improve my sales process and efficiency as a result of this training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Project Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Negotiation and preparing for a meeting techniques. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

He speaks from years of sales experience and shares of what did not work for him and what did. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Alternative methods from cold calling especially if you face an unexpected situation during a cold call. What is the best way to get out of a cold call if it went unexpectedly bad while not making the company you work for look bad. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Take notes during the video presentations and use them as you gain experience when applying them into the sales field. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

How to better measure success from negotiations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director - Sales Development, Global
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

John Barrows conducted training for our global sales development teams. We were located in different timezones. He was very accommodating and approachable. The sessions were well timed and relatable exercises made it easy to digest the content. Team or Individual exercises were very helpful. We received access to the content on his website a few days in advance to prep up for the training. It was a great interactive session. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Loved how well the sessions and content were timed and executed.

He shared his real-life experiences and that was very inspiring.

The energy he bought to the sessions was amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of. This was the best training session. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

All SDR/ BDR/ Sales teams should attend John Barrows Training once to get an understanding of the sales fundamentals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There were different areas we wanted to get our SDRs and BDRs to improve especially on time management, prospecting, drafting email templates quickly with a structure, and BDR best practices. The team feels confident post-training and with time management technique + structured email templates, they have more time to prospect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Enterprise Sales Director
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

JB Sales training has been the most resonant and impactful training we've had in recent memory - concise, targeted, and process-driven, with all of the pieces and parts of the routine to make a salesperson successful in complex, non-linear enterprise sales. If you're not training and doing the work daily, per JB, you're not going to win.

We participated in a series of remote sessions, which were just as impactful as in-person, but allowed the freedom and flexibility to learn in a digital format. The topics on filling the funnel, outreach strategies, organization and prioritization, and making a personal sales plan were extremely helpful, and I found myself implementing his strategies as SOON as our sessions would wrap. The effort and time he asks for in return for the excellent learnings are minimal - but the impact is going to be massive!

I'm so ready to implement each of the things I learned from JB, and one day when I run my own sales org, you can bet that I will call on him again to set the tone for my team. All in all, fantastic sessions, worthwhile and enduring strategies, and great time with John to boot - money well spent! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

John is approachable, relatable, and no-nonsense: his training is tactical and approach based, versus pie-in-the-sky or theoretical. He gives you process improvement suggestions, templates, formats, and the formulas to derive your own success - and I appreciate that there was no 'one size fits all" doctrine, because in modern day sales, that is a relic of the past. JB focuses instead on agile sales methodology, and how best to meet your prospects where they are with what they need to hear, in order to broker a meeting with them. Cannot recommend highly enough! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My only regret is that we can't keep JB on staff on retainer at our company, because I'd love to be able to have weekly training and coaching sessions with him. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Don't waste time considering - pull the trigger, hire JB Sales training, force your team to implement the changes and tweaks he suggests, and watch the magic happen. You can thank me (and JB) later - right now, you have a meeting to get! #MakeItHappen Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Filling the funnel, garnering more leads, and getting more meetings with top tier enterprise prospects. I'll have to report back with success results in 30-60 days, but I've seen an immediate uptick in email opens and responses in just the last week - so I can't wait to geek out over the actualized metrics when I have more data on hand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Supply Chain Specialist
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Jbarrows helped us in training procurement process they delivered 50 indirect and direct procurement buyers of analysts also they brought up the softwares like e-procure and SAP MM gave adverse training on them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Service are economical in budget and Quality of support is excellent Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Reliability is the main problem of such organisations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

They have variety of softwares and solutions, I would definitely recommend though they are not that famously known Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They are softwre solutions providers, Technical trainers for our organization they help in providing software and training for various fields like SRM Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Major Account Executive
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Remote sales training for filling the funnel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Data-driven, evidence-based training. Turning the filling the funnel into a workable process above just "schedule time and be positive" made a huge difference. The template-driven approach that actually ended up with reusable, highly customized work product was one of the most unique outcomes of any training that I've done before. So rather than the larger group being a negative, the breakouts and work groups turn it into a positive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If time would allow, would have liked to do some role-playing, but not viable in a larger group strategy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Quick engagement with a complete library of resources that you will work to customize together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Filling the front of the funnel. Benefits are immediate in customizing prospecting emails. Being able to better manage time and build more complete sales cadences is already removing anxiety and questions from the sales process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

JB has invaluable gems on how to improve the effectiveness of your emails and calls, the infrastructure of your business (organization, research, tech stack), and the legitimacy of your personal brand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

JB shares real-life, real-time examples from his own business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly no downsides. The three-day training was full of value. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Invest in your teams and yourselves. John's trainings are worth every penny. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

To be effective in ABM, you have to be able to research and stay up-to-date with your target accounts. John shares what tools he uses to stay organized, as well as how and when he does his research on industries, companies, and personas. He also shares best practices on social selling and building your personal brand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GP
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

John provided sales training for our sales team over the course of 3 days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

John's training was very tactical but at the same time, it was very strategic. The tactical pieces (maybe 6 to 8 things) made it easy doable for most reps. Meaning, it wasn't too process heavy. However, being able to execute on those few small things, it creates this strategic alignment for us and the customer in the selling process. That was my favorite part as a sales leader. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Would have loved to do it in person but because of Covid, it was virtual in zoom. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

This is a perfect fit for any sales rep, sales manager, business development/sales development rep, or sales engineer org to take. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In a pretty short amount of time after the training, our team is using the custom scorecard and starting to have discussions we weren't having before. That's a huge value in order to close more details. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We had 3-afternoon sessions with John on building the sales funnel/pipeline. John has great content and delivers it in a highly energetic and enthusiastic manner. Any salesperson who is responsible for cold calling/prospecting/pipeline generation will benefit from this training and the methodology behind it as long as they execute on their learnings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The methodology, hints on how to utilise your time, the fact that John's door is always open at any time for ideas and support. This is not a course has finished thanks and goodbye and this is invaluable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing I disliked about this course. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I would thoroughly recommend John. His energy and enthusiasm and willingness to support is very obvious. John is looking to build long term relationships with his customers not one-off transactions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For most AE's prospecting is a necessary evil to build pipeline, certainly in a new business/business development capacity. While it can be tough it can also be very rewarding. John's philosophy is that everyone should be proud to be in sales and it is a genuinely brilliant profession. The benefits I have realised are a process that I can apply to help me focus on high-quality prospecting interactions to try and build pipeline in a constructive way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

John Barrows created a four part sales training package with James Buckley and Morgan Ingrom. It takes you from the start of the sales process with prospecting all the way through the close. Each session is two hours long and filled with tactical insights on how to improve your sales process. I highly recommend it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Real world examples and language that is impactful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Had to scroll through the first five minutes of the video as newcomers came onto the call. I wasted five seconds! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Everything they do rocks! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problem: How to scale our sales pipeline, and improve conversion rates. Benefits: Massive! They delivered tons of tactical information about using video for prospecting, software hacks to improve efficiency, recommendations about trending platforms which are working right now. John gave specific language that can overcome objections. The last section on how to negotiate and close was brilliant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Revenue Officer
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Training and enablement on best practices for 1) prospecting / filling the funnel and 2) negotiations and closing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The training we did with JB helped my team build a better outbound motion - how to approach a territory and segment based on ICP and TAR, and drive impactful contextual outbound messaging towards target personas to drive net new meetings and pipeline. It's working. Many new tips and tricks along the way, and the format during this time of non contact operations via zoom video was well executed, very professional, and JB and his team were highly entertaining along the way! Time invested and very well spent! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was all very relevant and impactful for an enterprise SaaS sales / SDR organization Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

SDR and outbound selling focused training Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Improved sales effectiveness creating and executing on pipeline Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

This is my introduction to sales and this course has given me a great foundation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The videos explaining the process first, followed by the visual direction and examples. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would have liked to know where to focus my attention on the questions I missed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is my intro to sales and it has given a guide that I can use to help with roadblocks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Intern
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Learned different approaches to objective handling and who to direct these approaches to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Training was interactive and had tools that I could utilize outside the training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing I would change at this time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm hoping to increase sales within my organization and improve customer relationships. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

eCommerce Fraud Prevention, Global Chargeback Protection for e-Commerce Merchants, Cross Border eCom
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

JBarrows ran a specific sales training on outreach strategy. I'm always looking for different approaches to consider, and this one in particular helped to refine my video approach.

Very impressed with the content delivered by Morgan and James, came away with strategies I've already incorporated into my toolbox - I would highly recommend to any sales professional looking to take their activity and results to a higher positive level!

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Interactive video training, real-time engagement with audience. Relevant strategies and perspectives. Replay delivered after the two-day training allows me to continue to reference as I integrate some of the strategies to my outreach.

I even asked the JBarrows team for the chat transcripts which added context on later review. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Really nothing that I can think of. Value over-delivered! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Like any sales training, it's only valuable if you make it your own and actually execute on it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Continuing to test and refine my outreach execution and the strategies offered have been valuable adds so far.

Primary benefit is added peace of mind as I take a number of approaches in several channels Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Account Executive
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Trained our sales team via Zoom Meeting over 3 sessions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

He didn't teach us how to SELL. He taught us how to make our sales messaging relevant, even in a post Covid world. Our messaging has had to change in the last 3 months as priorities have changed. He helped us understand the best ways to reach out, and to not just be noise in a cluttered inbox. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We digested it too quickly. Nothing to do with JB training, we did it too quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I've completed lots of training programs. Only this one made the training timely for what's going on in current times! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Covid19 has affected sales: the ways we reach people, their budgets, and what's important to them. We've had to pivot, quickly. The messaging and methods we learned will help us better reach out to prospects, not just "try to sell them something." Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SDR Sales Manager/Team Lead
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

John trained our SDR team and gave them some great, unique ideas on growing their pipe and getting better at sales. We have used John many times over the last year to train leaders, and SDR's (both in inbound and outbound positions) and his tips have been very valuable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

John is inspirational and gives a lot of information in a short amount of time. He has a ton of knowledge around the subject of sales and prospecting and shows the way he wins in a way that SDR's really appreciate. He is great at sharing personal experiences, showing free and cheap tools that he uses to have success, and spelling out a plan of success. When he lays out his day, and what brings him success in his own business, it feels more authentic. A lot of our team left feeling inspired, with specific things they could implement immediately to have more success. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We didn't have enough time with him. One hour was a little too short! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are getting more creative about how we prospect and who we prospect to. We know where to spend our time to have the most impact. He focuses on unique outreach, quality conversations, and sales skills that help reps grow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Vice President Of Sales
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We leveraged John to run through a brief session on "filling the funnel". He humanized the approach is a really great way, was extremely relatable, and has innovated his approach due to the current economic times that hit home for my team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

John's overall approach for how to prospect; what matters, what doesn't, how do you tier accounts, how do you scale, etc. He was able to drive some very actionable next steps for my team in a short amount of time. Every member of my team walked away with new ideas and new ways to think through how they drive more pipeline. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, just wish we had even more time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Building a stronger "outbound" foundation both within our acquisition business, but also within our existing customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Health And Wellness Consultant
VP of Sales, North America
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Our company has made the pivot to enterprise and the company and sales organization is growing. We are also extending our reach in terms of the markets we serve. It was/is time to optimize our sales process and how we look to engage in both our prospect and customer life cycles. We had two sessions with Morgan Ingram focused on prospecting "Filling the Funnel" and two sessions with John Barrows on closing "Driving to Close". In prospecting, we focused on social selling and for driving to close we focused on give/get (scoring), and more meaningful, insightful engagements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The breadth and depth of the content we covered in four sessions was in my opinion, perfect. We had 35 folks attend in four two hour sessions over two weeks in order to keep in consumable and fresh. The give/get scoring was my favorite because it forces sellers to look at their deals more objectively (science) vs their gut. The overall exercise was helpful for the global sales team, including SDRs, SE, and CSMs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say there is a downside but I'd like to continue to engage with them as we test and learn. It was virtual, which is mandatory during COVID-WFH, but I'd like to do something in person when able. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Driving higher win rates, net new logos, and larger deals. Benefits are TBD but we will be measuring the ROI in 2020. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP, WW Inside Sales and Business Development
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The recent pandemic has created some very challenging environments for BDR teams to have calls, open conversations and, simply prospect. John and team have helped us with using the right amount of empathy, opening up calls and assessing the customers response to C19, asking appropriate discovery questions and handling objections....allowing them to be successful in very challenging times. Not only addressing these issues but given them confidence to continue to prospect and try new ideas to open doors. Thanks John & Morgan! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

John and his team continually find ways to adapt and adjust their prospecting tactics and strategies to stay relevant and successful in changing times and environments; staying relevant to their own customers and BDR/ISR teams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Need to clone JB and Morgan for more time with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've faced new and challenging prospecting environments. JBarrow's has helped us to quickly change our tactics and strategies, allowing us to maintain pipeline requirements demanded by the business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.