italki Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

The flexibility to learn with when ever u want with easy scheduling. Best was to find qualified and educated teachers to lean new languages. The freedom to choose between a large number of teachers. Learn faster with qualified tutors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The platform is very stable but the the price is high for some of the tutors. Could improve the message history for more than 6 months, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this product for new quick learners. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using this as a learning platform for students and to gain knowledge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

italki Overview

What is italki?

italki is a community marketplace that connects language learners with language teachers around the world for online lessons. If you are learning a foreign language, you can find a native teacher to help you become fluent through personal online lessons.

italki Details
Discussions
italki Community

italki
2007
Hong Kong, China
@italki
2,092 employees on LinkedIn®
Answer a few questions to help the italki community
Have you used italki before?

italki Reviews

Showing 12 italki reviews
Already have italki?
What do you like best?

Eu realmente gosto que o italki aprenda idiomas, sua aplicação telefônica torna tudo mais confortável e rápido, posso estudar em qualquer lugar, não importa o que seja, é bastante interessante e divertido, não tenho queixas sobre o sistema. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Não tenho pontos negativos para detonar, isso realmente me ajudou muito no meu desenvolvimento profissional, mas se há coisas que às vezes são irritantes, é que os professores às vezes demoram muito tempo para ensinar ou responder, ou que você deve se adaptar à agenda do professor, quando a maioria deles é a que mais combina com você. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Se eu o recomendo, é uma ferramenta realmente excelente de mapeamento de idiomas, eu adoro e gosto muito de como funciona, estou realmente satisfeito com tudo o que esse sistema implica. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ajuda-me diariamente no meu desenvolvimento profissional, a ter melhores habilidades e a desenvolver meu processo de trabalho com mais conforto. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Italki is one of the best platforms currently, it is very comfortable to use and the lessons with live teachers are really comfortable and adapt to your schedule with incredible ease and flexibility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You can not always be with the same teacher, or they take a long time to answer questions and doubts, the interface can be uncomfortable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It has the capacity of many languages, from the most difficult to the most basic, the evaluation system is adequate to that of an online academy, it really satisfies my need to learn languages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solved problems such as slow and tedious learning, other platforms do not offer you as many benefits as this one, and flexibility of schedules, and more, it is a great online solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to get started and describe yourself as either at tutor or professional teacher. It's very easy to set up payment options and get started teaching. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its takes much longer to pay for your first classes than it does for other teach platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am varying my income sources and also student options by offering classes on Italki. It makes it easier to give students freedom of choice and another method of teaching for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Web Solutions and User Experience
What do you like best?

I've been on Italki since April 2016, trying to find help learning Punjabi (Gurmukhi). I haven't had much luck: A few teachers have contacted me over the years but I didn't feel that they were qualified to teach (I used to teach French myself, years ago). The platform is well conceived and I'm sure that my experience would have been vastly different if I had try to learn a more common language. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The messages history is limited to the last 6 months. Other than that, the new Beta platform is very pleasant and makes it easy to find a teacher. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look around for the best match for your learning needs and take advantage of the trial pricing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was trying to learn a new language with no local teachers available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UG
What do you like best?

I love how I can get onto a video chat and actually see my teacher rather than just type to them! It helps me to better understand what I’m learning. I also love how I get to choose my teacher and have lessons based on my goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you have to pay per lesson. I wish it could be in a bundle of classes for sale. I’d like to be able to have 50 classes for a certain price for example. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure you choose a teacher best for you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving a huge problem for my learning style by using italki. I learn best my visual and when I get to actually see my teacher I can learn way better! Not to mention when my lessons are based on my goals I feel like I’m actually accomplishing something while learning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Student
What do you like best?

I like that there is a quick line of communication when using this platform. There are no restricts that I faced when using italki. It was easy to adjust to quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think it would be convenient to have an app for the apple watch instead of having to hold the device Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

a few times messages would blurt out without a warning of being played & messages would be missed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

As a teacher, I like that I can create a profile and set my own prices to teach language learners from all over the world. As a learner, I like that I can browse countless language teachers to find the one or ones that are the best fit for me in terms of personality, scheduling, and price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As a teacher, I dislike the unpredictable nature of the marketplace. In fairness, italki does attempt to control supply and demand buy limiting the number of teachers they allow onto the platform. However, in recent years, it has become progressively more difficult to sustain consistent earnings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

At the moment there seems to be a greater supply of English teacher than demand, so anyone wishing to teach should know that going in. However, I recommend it for language learners without hesitation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For two years, I earned my full-time income from italki. In 2017 I took another job, but I continue to earn part time income from the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

You have multiple teachers to choose from and can pick the one you like best. Each teacher really varies so find the one that works best for you. Different price points for lessons which makes it easy to budget. The community is great as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The way you make payments is a tad annoying. I often opt to pay via credit card, the company is based in China and sometimes the charges won't go through. Purchasing credits is an odd way of paying because there's always a balance leftover adn it can feel like a waste or never ending cycle of trying to use all credits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

If you are a company who is international, it makes sense to use this product so you can talk to customers/leads easier. I used this product to help me learn another language before going out of country. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Assistant, Student Leadership & Engagement
Higher Education
What do you like best?

I love how kind and passionate the teachers are to teach Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about this program because I feel that it does what it is supposed to Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Italki has allowed us as a team to expand our skills of speaking in different languages & with it, has allowed us to do so in an accessible manner Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Lovely user friendly interface. Perfect for beginners. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's a little basic in my opinion, and may not be at par with competitors Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Learning languages to bridge the gap between countries Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

STEM Partnerships Coordinator
Higher Education
What do you like best?

italki was a great idea from the start -- you can us it for free and talk with other free members and do unfacilitated language exchange, or you can pay a small rate, usually $5 to $10 for a community tutor, who will put more effort into preparation and is less of a 2-way exchange because there is financial incentive. It's a great way to meet friends and if you're motivated, you can really get a lot out of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The free portion is hit or miss, because there are many people on the website who may not be using it with the best of intentions. For the paid services, you are also betting on the ability of the tutor to prepare well, and higher premiums will allow you to increase your chances of quality language learning sessions. More free tools and resources for the free portion would be useful to help guide users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using italki as a service-learning tool and having students invest time and energy into developing a relationship with an international pen-pal with the intentions of language learning has been interesting. Not always fruitful, but those who found it to be useful got a lot of value out of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tutor
Primary/Secondary Education
What do you like best?

I like the user interface and how accessible it is to use for anybody. The consultants are, for the most part, friendly and knowledgable about what they are teaching. The lessons are fun to follow and help the customer learn. Each tutor is different and the way the website it set up allows you to choose your own tutor, so the experience is very customizable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is a bit on the expensive side, but to learn, one should be able to manage. You are paying for the quality of the service, which makes it okay. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

italki is a great service you can use to learn English. Not all of the consultants are the same, but the quality ones do provide a great service to the company's customers. I like that it gives you the ability to choose who you would like to work with. It enables you to choose the most customizable kind of tutoring that will benefit you at the individual level. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is a common resource that many people can use to learn different things. There are no problems with the service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.